Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

teen witch posted:

Monday, Monday

So, presuming things will kind of go on as planned, the stream will start at 9 Austin Time

Which is
4 AM Honolulu
8 AM LA
10 AM NY
11 AM São Paulo
3 PM London
4 PM Stockholm
5 PM Helsinki
6 PM Addis Ababa
11 PM Tokyo
10 PM Perth
Midnight Sydney
2 AM New Zealand

That’s the trial stream. The bankruptcy court hearing starts half an hour earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

That’s the trial stream. The bankruptcy court hearing starts half an hour earlier.

Link to the page for that for the interested
https://www.txs.uscourts.gov/page/united-states-bankruptcy-judge-christopher-m-lopez

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Welp. Productivity going to fall of a cliff from 3pm (London time) again.

Can't listen to the whole broadcast though, as I have to run a game tonight, for my friends. :argh:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Is that going to be an argued case or just a judge saying yes or no based on the papers?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

goatface posted:

Is that going to be an argued case or just a judge saying yes or no based on the papers?

The bankruptcy thing will probably only address the emergency motion to lift the stay re: the TX case as no one else has filed anything there. The judge might just toss the whole thing. I don’t expect fireworks, but I’m dialing in just in case.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Deptfordx posted:

Welp. Productivity going to fall of a cliff from 3pm (London time) again.

Can't listen to the whole broadcast though, as I have to run a game tonight, for my friends. :argh:

Reject humanity and face yourself to the chili of forgetting. :unsmigghh:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The CT plaintiffs did file a motion for relief from stay! So hopefully the judge can free them as well today.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Alex Jones himself is also being sued in these cases right? Like he's personally on the hook for the money? I just wonder that because he's not filed bankruptcy just the corporations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Hollismason posted:

Alex Jones himself is also being sued in these cases right? Like he's personally on the hook for the money? I just wonder that because he's not filed bankruptcy just the corporations.

Correct.

Jones is not filing for bankruptcy himself because then his personal finances would be scrutinized, and he has squirreled away a lot of money.

He is attempting to put all liability on FSS, LLC and trying to escape. I don't think this will be successful.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Correct.

Jones is not filing for bankruptcy himself because then his personal finances would be scrutinized, and he has squirreled away a lot of money.

He is attempting to put all liability on FSS, LLC and trying to escape. I don't think this will be successful.

Ah so he's trying kind of a slight of hand where he puts all responsibility on the corporations to pay and then says "Welp , their all bankrupt , guess we can't pay".

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

In advance of the trial this week all the chili recipes in the thread that I could find have been added to the op :) So if anyone needs a hit of Forgetting there are now options listed!

Any additional chili recipes will go in the op as well! Please also let me know if I missed any.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

Ah so he's trying kind of a slight of hand where he puts all responsibility on the corporations to pay and then says "Welp , their all bankrupt , guess we can't pay".

Yes, but he is repeatedly being blocked from doing so.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Also, in this case, all of Jones' LLCs are his alter ego. He is the 100% owner of each and has full control over everything. They are not managed like independent entities, and the LLCs have been expressly discarded in the TX case and will be after tomorrow in the CT case if the stay is lifted this morning.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Part of getting the benefit of a corporate liability shield is that the corporation must be ran as a proper company and at arm's length from the owner. That doesn't mean the owner can't be in charge an make decisions, but there needs to be oversight, policy, and procedures outlined. If you want the legal fiction, you have to play the game.

Jones is not playing the game with any of his companies.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

the audio on the bankruptcy line is terrible, which is not a thing I expected to type

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
It is my firm belief that man can subsist on nothing more then chili and anger.

To that end, I have decided to share my own favorite chili recipe with the lot of you, so that you may convert your shame and anger into chili and anger. In this way, I am the best humanitarian who has ever or will ever survive.

I'm going to be breaking a few sacred chili rules here. Too bad; I apologize to no one.

Ingredients:

1 & 1/2 to 2 lbs of ground PORK (perfect way to uncover (slur))
2 packages of french onion soup mix (be prepared for your chili to surrender)
2 tablespoons of chili powder (less if you're a baby, more if you're a man)
4 teaspoons of ground cumin (omit this and I will devour your soul)
1 teaspoon of black pepper (slightly racist)
1/2 teaspoon of salt (or none if you're heaving a heart attack right now)
6 ejaculations (squirts) of Tabasco sauce
1 21-ounce can of red beans and 1 21-ounce can of black beans (I have a dream)
2 6-ounce cans of tomato paste with garlic (regular tomato paste = you're an rear end in a top hat)
2 8-ounce cans of tomato sauce (real men need more than just paste)
1 yellow, orange or red pepper, chopped up (green peppers are Satan's taint)
1 package of sliced mushrooms (yes, you can slice your own mushrooms, smartass)

Instructions:

Put the meat in a huge chili pot and brown it over medium heat
Add 4 cups of water and the french onion soup mix. Stir and let simmer for 10 minutes
Stir in the spices and the Tabasco and simmer for another minute or two
Add the beans, the mushrooms and the chopped pepper
Turn to low and let simmer for at least 20 minutes, 40 is better, stirring every 5-10
Call your mother and tell her she's not allowed to hug you anymore

And that's it, you're done. You just went from a pathetic, flaccid pushover to a chili-chewing boner-owner in about an hour. Your life will thank me.

Who's next? Don't even think about posting a recipe with corn in it. You should be ashamed of yourself.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

UCS Hellmaker posted:

It is my firm belief that man can subsist on nothing more then chili and anger.

To that end, I have decided to share my own favorite chili recipe with the lot of you, so that you may convert your shame and anger into chili and anger. In this way, I am the best humanitarian who has ever or will ever survive.

I'm going to be breaking a few sacred chili rules here. Too bad; I apologize to no one.

Ingredients:

1 & 1/2 to 2 lbs of ground PORK (perfect way to uncover (slur))
2 packages of french onion soup mix (be prepared for your chili to surrender)
2 tablespoons of chili powder (less if you're a baby, more if you're a man)
4 teaspoons of ground cumin (omit this and I will devour your soul)
1 teaspoon of black pepper (slightly racist)
1/2 teaspoon of salt (or none if you're heaving a heart attack right now)
6 ejaculations (squirts) of Tabasco sauce
1 21-ounce can of red beans and 1 21-ounce can of black beans (I have a dream)
2 6-ounce cans of tomato paste with garlic (regular tomato paste = you're an rear end in a top hat)
2 8-ounce cans of tomato sauce (real men need more than just paste)
1 yellow, orange or red pepper, chopped up (green peppers are Satan's taint)
1 package of sliced mushrooms (yes, you can slice your own mushrooms, smartass)

Instructions:

Put the meat in a huge chili pot and brown it over medium heat
Add 4 cups of water and the french onion soup mix. Stir and let simmer for 10 minutes
Stir in the spices and the Tabasco and simmer for another minute or two
Add the beans, the mushrooms and the chopped pepper
Turn to low and let simmer for at least 20 minutes, 40 is better, stirring every 5-10
Call your mother and tell her she's not allowed to hug you anymore

And that's it, you're done. You just went from a pathetic, flaccid pushover to a chili-chewing boner-owner in about an hour. Your life will thank me.

Who's next? Don't even think about posting a recipe with corn in it. You should be ashamed of yourself.

I understand this reference :mad:

I will NOT dignify this with addition to the OP, this is NOT a Chili of Forgetting it is a Chili of Remembering!!!

Also I lied the audio is mostly fine and this judge understands how to mute the line which makes him more tech-savvy than a lot of judges

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

KitConstantine posted:

the audio on the bankruptcy line is terrible, which is not a thing I expected to type

I'm not getting any audio.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hug your mother.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Confusedslight posted:

I'm not getting any audio.

Last time there was a separate conference call you had to dial in, Zoom was just video

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Devor posted:

Last time there was a separate conference call you had to dial in, Zoom was just video

It's this. The website I linked has the conference line listed. Type in the meeting ID slowly on your phone, if you type too fast it doesn't register and eventually ends the call.

Right now Alex's lawyers are trying to explain why they should be allowed to file bankruptcy.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Where did he find more lawyers?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I like my ex's chili recipe because it's pretty simple

1 lb ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning (hot or gtfo)
1 can dark red kidney beans and light red kidney beans
1 14 oz can of rotel chilis
1 28 oz can of whole steamed tomatoes
whatever other spices you want (paprika, cayenne, etc)

1) Brown the ground beef
2) drain the fat
3) dump all the rest of the ingredients in there and stir
4) let it sit on low for like 20-30 mins, or however long you want
5) eat! She ate it with rice, which I never did before meeting her but I actually don't mind it?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Automatic stay lifted for TX case.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Mr. Nice! posted:

that was easy

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Seth Pecksniff posted:

that was easy

Now we see if he hears the CT motion.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

The court saw through Jones’s bullshit long before he even made the effort. That owns.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

funeral home DJ posted:

The court saw through Jones’s bullshit long before he even made the effort. That owns.

Jones asked for the stay to be lifted.

The judge has intimated that he realizes this is the same poo poo as before.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

Jones asked for the stay to be lifted.

The judge has intimated that he realizes this is the same poo poo as before.

Uhh yeah then I’m not understanding things. I thought Jones was asking for the stay to stop the proceedings of the TX defamation damages case since his lawyers were vigorously loving things up.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

funeral home DJ posted:

Uhh yeah then I’m not understanding things. I thought Jones was asking for the stay to stop the proceedings of the TX defamation damages case since his lawyers were vigorously loving things up.

No. He wants the TX judgment to finalize because it's effectively capped at $150,750,000. The CT case is not similarly situated. They announced in court Friday they did not want to interrupt the trial. They also did not file the notice of removal in the TX case as they did in the CT case.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Had a 90 minute flight so that was just perfect for the Greenwald episode of Knowledge Fight. What a slimy piece of poo poo lol. Not that I'm at all surprised by the shifty softball questions but drat.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Glenn Greenwald!?!?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It appears like no one is trying to get this bankruptcy tossed. They're going to use the bankruptcy process to get further discovery on PQPR and the other bullshit transfers.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
We're live
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfqh-QWOhZg

Edit: and also
https://twitter.com/5DollarFeminist/status/1554104564676284417

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Confusedslight posted:

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/670/beware-the-jabberwock
I find this American life episode from 2019 to be a really good introduction to this whole situation and it might be worth adding to the op. They interview Lenny Pozner and goes into the harassment and stuff and it also goes a bit into Alex Jones early life.

That father’s story is difficult to hear but also amazing. I can’t imagine fighting like that for hours a day against trolls and mentally unstable people who are basically hunting you down. And against tech companies who have a financial interest in pushing conspiracy theories.

Not at all surprising that Alex Jones was the psycho kid in school though.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Looks like it's live - https://youtu.be/Wfqh-QWOhZg

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

This bankruptcy may own. I'm really liking the TX lawyer's presentation (lead counsel for the TUFTA case).

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

This bankruptcy may own. I'm really liking the TX lawyer's presentation (lead counsel for the TUFTA case).

Concur. And the way he's emphasizing "No, really we *want* this bankruptcy case to go through because then we can have the biggest opportunity to prove Alex Jones is a liar" is the right tack to get the lift of the stay on the Connecticut case.

Good teamwork with these various Sandy Hook lawyer teams imo

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Are Jones’s bankruptcy lawyers the same people as his defamation lawyers? Normally I’d assume no, those are different parts of the law, but this is a, uh, weird case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I don't understand how the bankruptcy proceedings can help the people suing Alex? Like how does that affect the Texas and CT proceedings?

Also can't the CT go forward since their suing Alex Jones himself?