Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Nancy thank you, my defense department stock is skyrocketing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

as was predicted, the phrase "those who play with fire will eventually get burned" is the only thing anyone is picking up from the Biden-Xi readout, and it's being interpreted as China being the threatening bully and aggressor, not the US

Are there any examples in history where a kingdom or whatnot got whomped and it's inhabitants laughed at their king/whatever aristocrat for being an idiot? Besides records of people being executed or otherwise punished for such that is.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202207/1271855.shtml

quote:

It is still possible that Pelosi wants to make a risky and dangerous move by trying to land at a Taiwan airport with emergency excuses like an aircraft fault or refueling, so the Chinese military patrols, radar detections and relevant drills should still keep at high alert in coming days, said analysts.

If Pelosi's plane really has emergency problems during her trip around China, the People's Liberation Army (PLA) aircraft can provide protection to her plane and let her land at airports in China's Sansha city, Hainan Province in the South China Sea, or other airports in the Chinese mainland which could provide professional services and assistance, as long as the speaker's plane stays away from China's Taiwan.

[...]

A Beijing-based expert on international relations who asked for anonymity said that if Pelosi really wants to go to Taiwan, she would not let the world know the details as she is clear about the danger and has noticed China's warning, so she has to be sneaky.

"Therefore, China will still keep the military preparations to stop any surprise move by Pelosi in the coming days, and this will give her no chance to challenge China's sovereignty," the expert said, noting that the crisis alert could only be switched off after the US House Speaker finishes her Asia trip and returns to the US.

Lü said Taiwan is a forbidden zone for Pelosi's plane, this is absolutely clear, so if her plane really has some emergency problems and has to land somewhere during her flight, "the PLA fighter jets in the region will provide her protection and bring her to China's airports in Sansha city, Hainan Province in the South China Sea or other places in the mainland. We can provide her world-class service and assistance, as long as she stays away from the untouchable red-line - landing in Taiwan."

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/JoshuaSteinman/status/1553833892104155136?t=gb_yKDJe_svNkM4ndOFdUA&s=19

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
lol @ the genuine scandal that China is defiling the only sacred American institution; the corporation

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
She can't land if China retakes today

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Lyndon LaRouche posted:

World War 3 just so this used up senile old hag can boost her semiconductor stock position.

I miss Donald Trump. He would have told the bitch to stay the gently caress out of this.

https://twitter.com/willripleyCNN/status/1554061144519753730?s=20&t=fbGlApVCvBv6kglT3KzcMg

it rules that Biden is so weak that the speaker of the house is now engaging in foreign policy without being told to gently caress off

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

thechosenone posted:

Are there any examples in history where a kingdom or whatnot got whomped and it's inhabitants laughed at their king/whatever aristocrat for being an idiot? Besides records of people being executed or otherwise punished for such that is.

Napoleon III in France. His regime was already shaky and he got himself captured by the enemy in a war:

quote:

The capture of the French emperor left the Prussians without an opposing government willing to make a quick peace. Commenting on the difficult situation, two days after news hit Paris of Emperor Napoleon's III capture, his wife said "why didn’t he kill himself?" The same day, a group of protesters stormed the Imperial palace and the French Second Empire collapsed in a bloodless revolution

Ouch.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

https://twitter.com/MoNDefense/status/1554045776166551552

coathat
May 21, 2007

China shouldn’t be playing games like this. Very irresponsible.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Lmao at the map

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

coathat posted:

China shouldn’t be playing games like this. Very irresponsible.

Yes, can't agree more. It's much more responsible to just shoot her down and be done with it than waste time with warnings.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

lol very modest in light of the KMT still claiming all of the mainland.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

thechosenone posted:

NATO lost a war to a Afghan students organization and I literally laughed for a month straight. Happiest I've ever been.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Lmao at the map

It's one thing for OSINT nerds and military reporters to breathlessly announce Chinese war planes in the ADIZ which extends over mainland China but I feel the ministry of defence doing it is too much.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

gradenko_2000 posted:

Lmao at the map

lol i have no idea why they publish the map, it makes them look so dumb

crepeface has issued a correction as of 15:03 on Aug 1, 2022

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
I could see that happening if the cops get tired of enforcing poo poo without pay and decide to just let a non functioning Congress be removed in place of some sort of substitute government.

How long does anyone think it would take inflation to make paying cops more than the rich are willing to afford? Since inflation seems to be related to ceos not wanting to slash their balance sheets because it means they get less of the money printer, I could see that happening if they don't eventually decide to just delete a few zeros off their sums because it isn't getting them anything (unlikely).

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

quote:

heres a map of diabetes rates in india

enough gulab jamun will deffo do that to you

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

over 10% of south indians are diabetic??? thats like america rates

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
It's pretty bad across the country, obesity also has gone up in recent years. I imagine it's due to lifestyle + dietary changes, but YOSPOS's resident eugenicist has chocked that up to eating gulab jamun.

The south has always been pretty heavily reliant on coconut oils and stuff like that, and punjab (the red in the north) tends to be a heavy ghee using state. The little red dots are mostly urban centers.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

stephenthinkpad posted:

Old witch is 90, you can't talk her out of it. She wants to put up a good show for her retire worldwide tour.

https://twitter.com/huxijin_gt/status/1554111454693175296?s=21&t=m3TB_yOrAy5jFEmxt9SQuA

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

It's pretty bad across the country, obesity also has gone up in recent years. I imagine it's due to lifestyle + dietary changes, but YOSPOS's resident eugenicist has chocked that up to eating gulab jamun.

The south has always been pretty heavily reliant on coconut oils and stuff like that, and punjab (the red in the north) tends to be a heavy ghee using state. The little red dots are mostly urban centers.

gbs is cheating. its like posting fanwikis in the funny wikipedia thread

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Does this "gulab jamun" just soaped up with sugar liquid? I am going to watch some cooking tube.

edit: yap

stephenthinkpad has issued a correction as of 16:14 on Aug 1, 2022

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
oh prophet Marx, let the mighty wrench of the proletariat result in some surprising failures of critical components during the flight of the bitch

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
i hope we get video of her falling out of the exploded plane

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

https://twitter.com/politico/status....8980%2Fpage-65

geniuses

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

stephenthinkpad posted:

Does this "gulab jamun" just soaped up with sugar liquid? I am going to watch some cooking tube.

edit: yap

It's deep fried milk fat coated in a sugar syrup.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Weka posted:

https://twitter.com/Dragondescendan/status/1553772815555313664
For about three seconds while the ink was drying on Quad documents.

The indian government backed out of quad the moment australia flibbed all those years ago.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

https://twitter.com/DagnyTaggart369....8980%2Fpage-65

more geniuses

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
China says it will not tariff 98% of goods imported from Afghanistan

quote:

Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi on Thursday announced that his country will grant zero tariff treatment to 98 percent of the tariff lines from Afghanistan, while also hoping to see more high quality products and specialties imported from the South Asian country.

China is ready to push for dovetailing the Belt and Road Initiative with Afghanistan's national development strategies, support the extension of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor to Afghanistan and share China's development opportunities, Wang said.

Wang made the remarks while speaking to the acting Foreign Minister of the Afghan interim government Amir Khan Muttaqi on the sidelines of the meeting of the Council of Foreign Ministers of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), which is being held in Uzbekistan starting Thursday.

Some trade developments between China and Afghanistan.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

drat, an entire culture of gorging on sweets and bengal is still piss yellow.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Gulab Jamun is also disgusting. There's way cooler sweets like petha or even kheer.

Tankbuster has issued a correction as of 17:56 on Aug 1, 2022

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Dante80 posted:

geniuses

yea so this might start world war 3, but we're p sure they're just bluffing so we'll go ahead anyway

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lol adding more fuel to the missile barrage that will down pelosi's plane

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Tankbuster posted:

drat, an entire culture of gorging on sweets and bengal is still piss yellow.

Gulab Jamun is also disgusting. There's way cooler sweets like petha or even kheer.

There is also stuff like ghevar. They just don't know about things that aren't sold at their local Indian restaurant.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

what are those candy things that look like curly fries i see at indian places from time to time

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Jalebi?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

It will be super funny if China shoots down the British MP's plane and nobody cares.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

yeah thats the stuff

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Britain is all "NOW YOU WILL FEEL THE POWER OF THIS FULLY OPERATIONAL BATTLE STATION!"

And the rest of the world is like, yeah sure. bruh, you can't even hang onto Ireland.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
https://twitter.com/AlexGabuev/status/1554143940953227266

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

yas kween slay