Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which horse film is your favorite?
This poll is closed.
Black Beauty 2 1.06%
A Talking Pony!?! 4 2.13%
Mr. Hands 2x Apple Flavor 117 62.23%
War Horse 11 5.85%
Mr. Hands 54 28.72%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

HazCat
May 4, 2009

freebooter posted:

My personal experience is that virtually everyone I know has had COVID by now and none of them, including clinically vulnerable people, got long COVID. (But of course I also live in a place where 95% of people are double vaccinated and 60ish% are at least triple vaccinated.)

I live in the same city as you, and literally just this morning two of my (young, healthy, male, triple vaxxed) coworkers were comparing notes on how covid is still affecting them. One had it five months ago, and still cannot hit his normal exercise limits from before he caught it, and had to quit his band because he no longer has the capacity to play saxophone through a full set. The other had it three months ago, and he's struggling to play football to the level he was before, and still can't run as far or as fast. Both agreed that, despite definitely still being affected by what they are certain is covid, they don't think it's long covid.

Another coworker (older, female, but healthy and triple vaxxed) still has issues with her sense of smell over 8 months after catching covid. She has days where she can't eat at all (which obviously impacts her energy levels and ability to think and concentrate) because everything smells like burning trash. She believes it's long covid, but hasn't mentioned it to anyone else at work (she only mentioned it to me because I brought long covid up as a thing I was concerned about while we were talking about something else).

E: I also forgot my boss (thirties, healthy, triple vaxxed), who caught covid about 5 months ago and has had a persistent cough ever since. He coughs continually throughout my entire shift every day, and I'd be surprised if it stops when I leave.

It's absurd to insist you need to personally meet someone with long covid before you'll believe it's a threat, especially if most people don't understand what long covid is and won't mention having it in casual conversation.

HazCat fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jul 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Quote is not edit

Rob Filter
Jan 19, 2009

James Garfield posted:

No you couldn't. The 6.2% and 5.3% reporting long covid symptoms are 6.2% and 5.3% of those who were infected. Wearing a mask reduces your chance of getting covid in the first place, but it isn't obvious that having worn a mask would affect your chance of sequelae given that you were infected.

(also the 6.2% and 5.3% are omicron, the corresponding numbers for delta in the paragraph above that are 9.5% and 4.4%)

This was a great catch. The 6.2% and 5.3% number would need to be combined with the reduced chance of getting infected with COVID at all. Thank you!

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

jetz0r posted:

Are you using the 9205 Auras with blue rubber band straps, or the 9210 Auras with white woven straps?

The straps on 9205s are only good for a few uses, while the ones on 9210s are good for about the same duration as the rest of the mask. About 30-40 hours of wear over multiple days of light use before something fails or gets worn down enough to replace the mask.

With longer pandemic hair I had to make a separation in my hair, so the top strap was under my hair and against my scalp. Otherwise the strap would slip or pull weirdly.

Oh cool, no I just bought the 9205 at home depot, I don't think (or didn't notice) they had 9210s when I was there, I'll check those out

I'm not having any issues with my straps slipping on my hair, first time I've heard of that problem. Might be an issue for people without short hair

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

I was reading a bit about the Walter Reed pancoronavirus vaccine. Is there any sense of exactly how long it would take to start getting that into arms, assuming it works?

ANOTHER SCORCHER
Aug 12, 2018

HazCat posted:

I live in the same city as you, and literally just this morning two of my (young, healthy, male, triple vaxxed) coworkers were comparing notes on how covid is still affecting them. One had it five months ago, and still cannot hit his normal exercise limits from before he caught it, and had to quit his band because he no longer has the capacity to play saxophone through a full set. The other had it three months ago, and he's struggling to play football to the level he was before, and still can't run as far or as fast. Both agreed that, despite definitely still being affected by what they are certain is covid, they don't think it's long covid.

Another coworker (older, female, but healthy and triple vaxxed) still has issues with her sense of smell over 8 months after catching covid. She has days where she can't eat at all (which obviously impacts her energy levels and ability to think and concentrate) because everything smells like burning trash. She believes it's long covid, but hasn't mentioned it to anyone else at work (she only mentioned it to me because I brought long covid up as a thing I was concerned about while we were talking about something else).

E: I also forgot my boss (thirties, healthy, triple vaxxed), who caught covid about 5 months ago and has had a persistent cough ever since. He coughs continually throughout my entire shift every day, and I'd be surprised if it stops when I leave.

It's absurd to insist you need to personally meet someone with long covid before you'll believe it's a threat, especially if most people don't understand what long covid is and won't mention having it in casual conversation.

It would be exceptionally difficult, though possible, to separate the long-term physical effects of COVID infection from the long-term effects of two years of shutdown, social isolation, poor food quality, and institutional provocation of anxious and depressive symptoms in people. Given that research isn’t done yet, and the various symptoms you describe are more likely the result of that latter than the former, there’s no reason to assume this is long COVID.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

ANOTHER SCORCHER posted:

It would be exceptionally difficult, though possible, to separate the long-term physical effects of COVID infection from the long-term effects of two years of shutdown, social isolation, poor food quality, and institutional provocation of anxious and depressive symptoms in people. Given that research isn’t done yet, and the various symptoms you describe are more likely the result of that latter than the former, there’s no reason to assume this is long COVID.

On what basis are you assuming that reduced cardiovascular health/capacity, persistent coughing, and a reduced sense of smell are not the result of COVID infection, given that those are all symptoms of the disease,, but are instead symptomatic of random bullshit that you made up?

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

eXXon posted:

On what basis are you assuming that reduced cardiovascular health/capacity, persistent coughing, and a reduced sense of smell are not the result of COVID infection, given that those are all symptoms of the disease,, but are instead symptomatic of random bullshit that you made up?

He just said there is not enough data in to confirm. If you have those sources that confirm that any of those symptoms can't be from the causes he listed, feel free to share.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

I was reading a bit about the Walter Reed pancoronavirus vaccine. Is there any sense of exactly how long it would take to start getting that into arms, assuming it works?

IIRC it's still in phase 1 trials so quite a while. My understanding is it's also a more difficult problem to solve than the more targeted vaccine so might take a bit more time and possibly more than one attempt. I'm not holding my breath for it in the next year personally.

There was a decent article in Nature on the various pan-cornavirus vaccine attempts in development a few months ago:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41573-022-00074-6

Mr Luxury Yacht fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Aug 1, 2022

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Electric Wrigglies posted:

He just said there is not enough data in to confirm. If you have those sources that confirm that any of those symptoms can't be from the causes he listed, feel free to share.

You want me to prove that lockdowns and "institutional provocation of anxiety" don't cause problems with smell?

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

eXXon posted:

You want me to prove that lockdowns and "institutional provocation of anxiety" don't cause problems with smell?

I said any, not all.

ANOTHER SCORCHER
Aug 12, 2018

eXXon posted:

Obesity and poor nutrition are the deadliest condition in America after smoking. For two years the WFH laptop class was getting bad food delivered to them by an army of Doordash slaves and were unable to go to the gym, to local parks, or the beach. Meanwhile the news and internet 24-7 delivered horror story after horror story about death and destruction.

Your hypothesis is this had no effect on the health or well-being of Americans, and instead the massive rise in anxiety and depression-based mental disorders is due to some heretofore undiscovered link between a respiratory illness and mental health.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

ANOTHER SCORCHER posted:

Obesity and poor nutrition are the deadliest condition in America after smoking. For two years the WFH laptop class was getting bad food delivered to them by an army of Doordash slaves and were unable to go to the gym, to local parks, or the beach. Meanwhile the news and internet 24-7 delivered horror story after horror story about death and destruction.

Your hypothesis is this had no effect on the health or well-being of Americans, and instead the massive rise in anxiety and depression-based mental disorders is due to some heretofore undiscovered link between a respiratory illness and mental health.

Lol that people didn't go to parks for two years, you're out of your mind.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Long Covid being caused by WFH sure is a take.

I have several friends and colleagues who did not wfh for the whole time and still don't, and didn't change their diet or exercise habits significantly, and they are experiencing some sequelae of varying severity after covid. One of them is on partial disability. (Got it pre-vaccine).

So if we're doing anecdotes here's your counter example lol.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Please do not use anecdotes to argue over long Covid, thanks. It's all mostly speculation until there's more solid research (ie not self-selecting surveys) out there. Has anyone heard of any actual research being done lately? I have been out of the loop a little bit for mental health reasons and would actually be curious if anyone has more info on that front.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I found a Nature news article that mostly discusses the reasons for the lack of consensus around long COVID, but also one specific study based on a sizeable US Department of Veterans Affairs database and large control samples (and a corresponding press summary from the article's release) suggesting that COVID vaccines aren't very effective at preventing lasting symptoms.

Regardless, it seems utterly ludicrous to suggest that olfactory symptoms are a result of eating too much takeout food, and I'm not going to touch the suggestion that they're psychosomatic without actual evidence.

The first article linked mentions, amongst other things:

quote:

Another issue is how symptoms are recorded in the claims and electronic medical records. Doctors often record codes for several symptoms and conditions, but they rarely list a code for every symptom a patient is experiencing, says Vos, and the choice of codes for a given condition might vary from one doctor to the next. This could lead to differences in whether and how long COVID is reported. “Electronic health records have useful information in them, without a doubt,” says Gellad, who says that the VA study was particularly well designed. “But for answering the question of how common something is, they may not be the best.”

... but I didn't see an answer as to which studies are actually good at answering that question.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

eXXon posted:

I found a Nature news article that mostly discusses the reasons for the lack of consensus around long COVID, but also one specific study based on a sizeable US Department of Veterans Affairs database and large control samples (and a corresponding press summary from the article's release) suggesting that COVID vaccines aren't very effective at preventing lasting symptoms.

Regardless, it seems utterly ludicrous to suggest that olfactory symptoms are a result of eating too much takeout food, and I'm not going to touch the suggestion that they're psychosomatic without actual evidence.

... but I didn't see an answer as to which studies are actually good at answering that question.

The first link appears to be an article referencing the study in the second link, but thanks, a study from the VA is absolutely a great place to start.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

I'm not American, my job does not allow work from home (in fact, it's 'essential', so neither me nor any of my coworkers were 'locked down' even during the literal worst period of covid, and it's a job where we are on our feet all day), and my coworkers with cardio effects were comparing their current performance to their peers as well as to their own baselines.

In fact, in this discussion it was the person who safely worked from home for months insisting long covid isn't real because he doesn't personally know anyone with it.

My original point was also 'it is absurd to demand personal anecdotal experience of long covid in order to believe it exists', not 'here is my personal anecdotal experience that proves long covid exists'.

And I was arguing against someone who thinks it's appropriate to label people masking to avoid catching covid as mentally ill, even when those people say that masking does not bother them (and thus there is basically zero cost to them to play it safe wrt long covid).

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I think there's some degree of conflation going on here as well. It seems relatively well-documented that people have suffered significant mental health issues as a result of many factors of living through an ongoing pandemic. It does not seem like one should be dismissing concerns about long covid out of hand because of this, nor does the existence of other mental health trauma related to covid prove that long covid does not exist. I think if someone expresses concern for long covid as a factor for their own personal protective measures or advocates for continued public health measures to prevent covid transmission, that's perfectly sensible. I also think this goes the other way though, and that the existence of long covid does not mean that other factors which can impact long term mental health and well-being should be ignored.

Thankfully, I don't believe that anyone here is actually saying this things, but it does seem like it could veer in that direction, so be mindful of that.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

eXXon posted:

Any study will have design issues, and if there's one that is inconsistent with other results it pays to look at why. In this case of that veteran's database paper, the average age of the study group is over 65 and a significant chunk have comordibidites like diabetes. Even though you can adjust for these things it's hard to extrapolate this result to the general population.

I think the UK long COVID surveys that get mentioned are reasonably good, there could be responder bias there as well though.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

My question for the guy blaming long covid symptoms on lockdowns is... where the gently caress do you live that you had a 2 year lockdown?

I think California managed like 6 months before opening everything back up around Christmas of 2020, with a few week long lockdowns interspersed in 2021 that combined to no more than a month.

I'm bewildered by the idea of a 2 year lockdown existing.

Edit: to note, I had a 2 month 'lockdown" before the state said we could reopen with some limits and I had to go back to work. The idea of 2 years is just insane to me.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Aug 1, 2022

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

There were a few goons doing self-imposed lockdowns to include not even venturing outside but they’re a vanishingly tiny minority. People in high rise apartments complained the most about having to run a gauntlet to get outside.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

It's like saying people don't want to work anymore because they're still rolling in stimulus money.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

spankmeister posted:

It's like saying people don't want to work anymore because they're still rolling in stimulus money.

Yeah that 2000 bucks has kept me living in the lap of luxury after I was dropped off of UI, lucky ducky is me

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

KittyEmpress posted:

My question for the guy blaming long covid symptoms on lockdowns is... where the gently caress do you live that you had a 2 year lockdown?

I think California managed like 6 months before opening everything back up around Christmas of 2020, with a few week long lockdowns interspersed in 2021 that combined to no more than a month.

I'm bewildered by the idea of a 2 year lockdown existing.

Edit: to note, I had a 2 month 'lockdown" before the state said we could reopen with some limits and I had to go back to work. The idea of 2 years is just insane to me.

I would hesitate to call anything the US did a "lockdown." A lot of places were ordered to close, but there were virtually no restrictions on where and how many people could gather outdoors, or in private residences.

Even the people being cautious and staying at home as much as possible started to feel more comfortable going out and socializing once they were fully vaccinated, which would have been just a little over a year since the start of the pandemic in the US.

goethe.cx fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Aug 2, 2022

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

goethe.cx posted:

I would hesitate to call anything the US did a "lockdown." A lot of places were ordered to close, but there were virtually no restrictions on where and how many people could gather outdoors, or in private residences.

Even the people being cautious and staying at home as much as possible started to feel more comfortable going out and socializing once they were fully vaccinated, which would have been just a little over a year since the start of the pandemic in the US.

And also "essential" businesses were open throughout regardless. The store I worked at gave people the option to do curbside (and made employees do more work like curbside/disinfecting/additional cleaning) without any extra pay or labor hours. The underclass essentially got rolled by the loving pandemic the whole time regardless of what the privileged class of those whose jobs could be done remotely got to do, and in fact often became worse as a result of said class. Thank gently caress my medical conditions qualified me for medical loa and UI, because gently caress all that.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Professor Beetus posted:

And also "essential" businesses were open throughout regardless. The store I worked at gave people the option to do curbside (and made employees do more work like curbside/disinfecting/additional cleaning) without any extra pay or labor hours. The underclass essentially got rolled by the loving pandemic the whole time regardless of what the privileged class of those whose jobs could be done remotely got to do, and in fact often became worse as a result of said class. Thank gently caress my medical conditions qualified me for medical loa and UI, because gently caress all that.

The thing where essential workers got called "heroes" was some of the most insulting poo poo I've ever seen

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

goethe.cx posted:

I know someone who (despite being fully vaccinated and boostered and having a healthy immune system) is still locking themselves up. Refusing to go out for anything beyond essential medical appointments, washing and quarantining everything that enters their home, and so on.

Though, granted, it's still a considerable improvement from the pre-vaccine days, when they couldn't even pet their own loving dog without having a panic attack, because no one could absolutely guarantee to them that the dog hadn't passed through air that someone else might potentially have breathed in the last three days.

The mental health impact of COVID, especially on folks who are vulnerable in some way, is no joke. It gets a lot less attention than a mysterious new thing like Long COVID that can drive news article clicks for days, but when scientists get around to studying it, I'm rather afraid of what they'll find.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Professor Beetus posted:

Of all the ones I knew from my time in the industry, this sucked big time but is also baked in and part of what makes it a terrible job to begin with. What chased them all out was how insane and abusive so many people got with the lockdowns and going forward. We can all see it on the road now but they're 100x worse when they're out of their car. Incidentally COVID ended by insider view of the industry because literally everybody quit to do literally anything else lol

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
the first woman who got monkeypox in georgia posted an insta detailing how she got it, how it progressed for her, and trying to clear up the utter nonsense that it being an MSM primarily spread through sexual contact.

cw: her face is covered in lesions

https://v16m-default.tiktokcdn-us.c...2891B73CE1F6618

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

Lockdown as a term is being used for all manner of actions to reduce spread. In the Philippines for instance, the schools are still not back in class and the parents are either completing the work themselves and sending it back in for marking, taking the extra time to sit down with their kids to do the teaching or just letting education lapse. There is no online classes for most because there is not the money in the Philippines for such an expensive option. Two years and counting of significantly reduced educational outcomes. Philippines is not in lockdown but I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest the reduced educational outcomes will become an issue long term.

You don't have to be in full lockdown to suffer consequences and loss of smell was not the only (or even worst?) symptom listed.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Has anyone seen a paper analyzing myocarditis in unvaccinated patients who contract covid vs vaccinated who contract covid? I don't seem to be able to find anything

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

A big flaming stink posted:

the first woman who got monkeypox in georgia posted an insta detailing how she got it, how it progressed for her, and trying to clear up the utter nonsense that it being an MSM primarily spread through sexual contact.

cw: her face is covered in lesions

https://v16m-default.tiktokcdn-us.c...2891B73CE1F6618

I haven't been following that stuff at all, but how would an anecdote disprove the primary spread? All that could prove is that it's not 100% this way.

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

cant cook creole bream posted:

I haven't been following that stuff at all, but how would an anecdote disprove the primary spread? All that could prove is that it's not 100% this way.

Sure are a lot of useless anecdotes and conjecture by people who can't be assed to search for trivially available information in this science and reason based thread.

Here's a few dots to connect about what the CDC has (had) to say about transmission:

"CDC - Current Monkeypox Transmission Guidance posted:

Monkeypox spreads in a few ways.

Monkeypox can spread to anyone through close, personal, often skin-to-skin contact, including:
Direct contact with monkeypox rash, scabs, or body fluids from a person with monkeypox.
Touching objects, fabrics (clothing, bedding, or towels), and surfaces that have been used by someone with monkeypox.
Contact with respiratory secretions.

This direct contact can happen during intimate contact, including:
Oral, anal, and vaginal sex or touching the genitals (penis, testicles, labia, and vagina) or anus (butthole) of a person with monkeypox.
Hugging, massage, and kissing.
Prolonged face-to-face contact.
Touching fabrics and objects during sex that were used by a person with monkeypox and that have not been disinfected, such as bedding, towels, fetish gear, and sex toys.

A pregnant person can spread the virus to their fetus through the placenta.

It’s also possible for people to get monkeypox from infected animals, either by being scratched or bitten by the animal or by preparing or eating meat or using products from an infected animal.

A person with monkeypox can spread it to others from the time symptoms start until the rash has fully healed and a fresh layer of skin has formed. The illness typically lasts 2-4 weeks.

No mention of droplet or aerosol transmission.

This is what they said in March before the push to define monkeypox in the US as a problem for (and by) gay men:

"CDC March 2022 Monkeypox Guidance posted:

Transmission

Transmission of monkeypox virus occurs when a person comes into contact with the virus from an animal, human, or materials contaminated with the virus. The virus enters the body through broken skin (even if not visible), respiratory tract, or the mucous membranes (eyes, nose, or mouth). Animal-to-human transmission may occur by bite or scratch, bush meat preparation, direct contact with body fluids or lesion material, or indirect contact with lesion material, such as through contaminated bedding. Human-to-human transmission is thought to occur primarily through large respiratory droplets. Respiratory droplets generally cannot travel more than a few feet, so prolonged face-to-face contact is required. Other human-to-human methods of transmission include direct contact with body fluids or lesion material, and indirect contact with lesion material, such as through contaminated clothing or linens.

This is still in line with the current travel guidance for infectious disease provided by the CDC

CDC Infectious Disease - Guidance for Travellers posted:

Monkeypox

After zoonotic transmission, monkeypox spread from person to person is principally respiratory; contact with infectious skin lesions or scabs is another, albeit less common, means of person-to-person spread. African rodents and primates may harbor the virus and infect humans, but the reservoir host is unknown.

"NIH Monkeypox - Epidemiolgy posted:

Transmission can occur through contact with bodily fluids, skin lesions, or respiratory droplets of infected animals directly or indirectly via contaminated fomites. Although human-to-human transmission has previously been limited, mathematical modeling in the context of decreasing herd immunity to orthopoxviruses reflects an increasing threat of disease spread between humans.[17] The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends isolation in a negative pressure room and standard, contact, and droplet precautions in the healthcare setting with escalation to airborne precautions if possible.

If you look at some of the (vast) amount of historical work done with smallpox and orthopoxes in general, respiratory transmission is broadly cited, along with formites. Frankly protection against formites is much more difficult than aerosol, or droplet, provided you can tolerate wearing a mask.

I don't think any discussion about the CDC's aversion to even talking about respiratory protection is necessary, so I guess everyone can pick what science they prefer at this point, and enjoy round two of the "Choose your own pandemic adventure"

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Hopefully everyone's learned their lesson this time and people with skin conditions won't be mocked for not being cautious enough.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Hopefully everyone's learned their lesson this time and people with skin conditions won't be mocked for not being cautious enough.

What's this referring to

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

flashman posted:

Has anyone seen a paper analyzing myocarditis in unvaccinated patients who contract covid vs vaccinated who contract covid? I don't seem to be able to find anything
This what you're after?
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-021-01630-0?fr=operanews

Edit: Ah sorry, that one won't answer your question, this is more relevant, but only deals with people under 20 and is a preprint.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.23.21260998v2

Charles 2 of Spain fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Aug 3, 2022

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

A big flaming stink posted:

What's this referring to
Thankfully it was mostly an online thing, but there definitely used to be an underlying sentiment that people who caught COVID weren't taking enough precautions, the implication being they "deserved" to get sick. Obviously this would be terrible if it happened with monkeypox, not only for people who contracted the virus but those with other irrelevant conditions that look like lesions who are out in public.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I only ever made fun of the subjects of articles in 2020 who talked at length about how they sacrificed more than anyone else, took every precaution, only ate inside restaurants every other day, and somehow still caught COVID. That was back when we were still talking about collective action to prevent hospitals from being overloaded and such, so there was a context that disappeared pretty quickly once vaccines hit the scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

I'm sure I did the same as well, and looking back I feel embarrassed by it.