Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

MLSM posted:

They took $25+ million from katzenberg (who’s a also a Liz Cheney fan lmao) and other dnc billionaires while pretending to be some edgy anti establishment org, when in reality they accepted a buyout in exchange for telling you voting/elections matter, which inherently props up the establishment they claim to be against . The same establishment that is destroying the biosphere on earth, endless militarism/spending, keeping healthcare private, privatizing education, etc. hasan even displays the hammer and sickle when he does all this . They’re loving scum

what the gently caress

I thought they were doing well by streamer standards like maybe $100k a month via patreon or some poo poo.

why did a centrist billionaire give them $25 million???

was this money all for the young Turk people?

thank you for sharing this info with me! I’m mad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Edit: wrong thread!

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

kater posted:

creative writing prompt: things are going to be ok

https://twitter.com/SandiaWisdom

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

Hubbert posted:

alright team, welcome to the biosphere collapse apocalyptic raider warband audition

i've got a few questions to determine if you'll get to be part of the goonmeet, or if you'll be goonmeat

ok here we go:

(1) what is your new nickname
(2) what will be your role in the gang
(3) how do you expect to die
(4) what will be your signature piece of BDSM attire

1 - screamer
2 - guy who screams
3 - something related to screaming
4 - latex glove that goes up to the shoulder

also i looked at that other climae thread and you'll be happy to know that our leaders are earnestly working to solve the problem and the worst case scenarios are literally impossible. Literally. Impossible.

Chonchon
Dec 16, 2013

Hubbert posted:

alright team, welcome to the biosphere collapse apocalyptic raider warband audition

i've got a few questions to determine if you'll get to be part of the goonmeet, or if you'll be goonmeat

ok here we go:

1) Bitch Fucker (not fucker of bitches but bitch who is also a fucker)
2) i say edifying things to people, stroke their hair, make them feel special in a lovely universe
3) poisoned after eating raw fish
4) necklace of baby dolls

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Erghh posted:

3 - something related to screaming

That's everyone's death, you can't steal that :mad:

Well apart from Ball-gag Guy's death but yknow.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
1) Oil Drill Operations Manager #3862487
2) Oil Drill Operations Manager #3862487
3) Workplace safety incident (crushed to death by ocean drilling platform collapsing in on itself)
4) Personal Protective Equipment

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

Microplastics posted:

That's everyone's death, you can't steal that :mad:

i think of it as sharing my specialty with the group. :)

collective action matters!

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Erghh posted:

i think of it as sharing my specialty with the group. :)

collective action matters!

I scream! You scream! We all scream for i-*explosion*

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

hey guys hows it going

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Hubbert posted:

ok here we go:

1. Dyke Van Dick
2. poo poo posting
3. Impaled on dried post made of poo poo

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Hubbert posted:

ok here we go:

(1) The Oldest Man
(2) Telling the younglings the stories of the the beforeforetimes
(3) Younglings tire of being told moralizing stories irrelevant to their daily struggle to survive the merciless reality they have been condemned to, beat me to death with clubs
(4) Probably being kept in a cage on the back of the war rig to prevent me from meddling

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I want to be the guy in the dusty saloon playing slide guitar

or if we're going more mad max, I want to be the guy playing the flamethrower guitar

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
We get it, you play guitar Just tell us what kind of twisted bdsm gear you're gonna sport already

Edit: don't say guitar

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

guitar guy has to be the ballgag guy imo

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Irony.or.Death posted:

guitar guy has to be the ballgag guy imo

Only if the rest of us still get to gag on some balls:colbert:

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

https://twitter.com/xr_cambridge/status/1554129058195283968

quote:

Shell's chief executive “praised the deal and highlighted its promise of new [oil and gas] lease sales to come.” Likewise, the head of ExxonMobil expressed approval: “We’re pleased with the broader recognition that a more comprehensive set of solutions are going to be needed to address the challenges of an energy transition.” (“Comprehensive set of solutions” meaning those that do not threaten fossil fuel industry profits.) “This is a bill that keeps the fossil fuel industry, and the country, in a very strong position,” Joe Manchin said. The Journal tells us that the new “climate bill” is in fact a “boon for the fossil fuel sector.”
The lmaos just never stop

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Perry Mason Jar posted:

We get it, you play guitar Just tell us what kind of twisted bdsm gear you're gonna sport already

Edit: don't say guitar

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

TeenageArchipelago posted:

Only if the rest of us still get to gag on some balls:colbert:

there will be adequate balls

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/anandrg/status/1554111642253660162

Climate saved!

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

this is where that brokebrained and desperate desire to cling to anything positive as accomplishing something leads

Historic Bill, does the most for the climate in history, Something* is being done people!

*Also includes massive expansion of fossil fuel sector**

**not pictured in woefully inadequate emission reductions

Rectal Death Adept has issued a correction as of 19:56 on Aug 1, 2022

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Erghh posted:

also i looked at that other climae thread and you'll be happy to know that our leaders are earnestly working to solve the problem and the worst case scenarios are literally impossible. Literally. Impossible.

this is actually true because it's gonna be a whole lot worse than expected

e: and sooner

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Pryor on Fire posted:

The lmaos just never stop

on the other hand that's extinction rebellion and current affairs so maybe I trust the ceo of shell more?

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Hubbert posted:

ok here we go:

1) "Doctor"
2) Drug provider
3) Poisoning
4) Gas mask with black-out lenses

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

The Oldest Man posted:

on the other hand that's extinction rebellion and current affairs so maybe I trust the ceo of shell more?

nobody has time to background check and run a credit report on every single poster on every website on the internet sorry

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I do trust the ceo of shell.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
1) Monotony
2) Boring
3) Self-mummification in one of my holes because I'm not going outside
4) Extremely deep v-neck

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

(1) Hugo hoss
(2) fashion designer; hedonism coordinator
(3) obesity related
(4) human leather cod piece

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

AceClown posted:

lol that quiz thing has made me acutely aware that I have zero practical skills that would be a benefit in a societal collapse lmao

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I’m going to use my memory of t-tests and linear regression to become an agronomist. agronomy and eugenics were the OG statistical killer apps

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Despite that the NYC metro area has gone tropical in summer and question mark in winter it still feels very much the best place to be in the US. Everything west of the, uh, midwest is in 22 year long megadrought with several dozen thousand-year fires per annum, the midwest is either perpetually flooded or above 105F for ? reasons, or windy!!!, and the southeast is a swamp rear end hell with worse politics than weather

escaping to latam is suicide, escaping to caribbean ditto, europe weather is much worse. I can't learn Icelandic or Danish cause wtf? Maybe try Nova Scotia in 4 years probably

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Don't worry some black swan event will happen to make areas we are thinking are safe in future even more unsafe. Like someone dumping oil into the great lakes or something

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

Same, also it is crucial to be part of a community were people look out for each other, so I don't even know my neighbors.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Despite that the NYC metro area has gone tropical in summer and question mark in winter it still feels very much the best place to be in the US. Everything west of the, uh, midwest is in 22 year long megadrought with several dozen thousand-year fires per annum, the midwest is either perpetually flooded or above 105F for ? reasons, or windy!!!, and the southeast is a swamp rear end hell with worse politics than weather

escaping to latam is suicide, escaping to caribbean ditto, europe weather is much worse. I can't learn Icelandic or Danish cause wtf? Maybe try Nova Scotia in 4 years probably

now you’ve done it. you just summoned a couple more hurricane sandys to be queued

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

endlessmonotony posted:

1) Monotony
2) Boring
3) Self-mummification in one of my holes because I'm not going outside
4) Extremely deep v-neck

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Grim Up North posted:

Same, also it is crucial to be part of a community were people look out for each other, so I don't even know my neighbors.

:hmmyes:

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

zerocool deeper

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Don't worry some black swan event will happen to make areas we are thinking are safe in future even more unsafe. Like someone dumping oil into the great lakes or something

about that...

https://www.greatlakesnow.org/2022/07/ap-michigan-panel-details-great-lakes-pipeline-tunnel/

quote:

TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. (AP) — A Michigan regulatory panel said Thursday that it needs more information about safety risks before it can rule on Enbridge Energy’s plan to extend an oil pipeline through a tunnel beneath a waterway linking two of the Great Lakes.

The state Public Service Commission voted 3-0 to seek further details about the potential for explosions and fires involving electrical equipment during construction of the tunnel beneath the Straits of Mackinac.

The commission’s approval would be required for Enbridge to replace two existing Line 5 pipes in the straits, which connect Lake Huron and Lake Michigan, with a new segment that would run through the proposed underground tunnel.

“This has been an extensive process,” Chairman Dan Scripps said. “We want to make sure that we get it right.”

Enbridge and the state of Michigan are mired in legal battles over Line 5. The 69-year-old underground pipeline carries Canadian oil and natural gas liquids used for propane through northern Michigan and Wisconsin to refineries in Sarnia, Ontario.

https://www.mlive.com/news/2022/06/us-coast-guard-responding-to-5300-gallon-oil-spill-in-st-marys-river.html

quote:

SAULT STE. MARIE, MI – U.S. Coast Guard crews are responding to an oil spill in a river near the Soo Locks in the Upper Peninsula.

The 5,300-glallon spill originated from Algoma Steel in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario around 10:30 a.m. on Thursday. Oil was spilling into the St. Marys River, officials said.

The 74.5-mile river connects Lake Superior and Lake Huron and serves as a border between Michigan and Ontario, Canada.

https://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/2020/07/10-years-ago-kalamazoo-river-oil-spill-was-an-awakening-in-pipeline-debate.html

quote:

The Line 6B pipeline near Marshall ruptured on July 25, 2010, sending 843,000 gallons of oil flowing into a creek leading to the Kalamazoo River, investigators later determined, marking the start of what would be classified among the largest inland oil spills in U.S. history.

Oil, flowing with the freshwater of the river, soon showed up on wildlife like the birds that make their home in the riverbed, and settled into pockets on the floor of the river. Oil traveled 39 miles downstream to Morrow Dam, where it was contained, east of Kalamazoo.

The ensuing cleanup lasted several years and cost more than a billion dollars.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

The Oldest Man posted:

(1) The Oldest Man
(2) Telling the younglings the stories of the the beforeforetimes
(3) Younglings tire of being told moralizing stories irrelevant to their daily struggle to survive the merciless reality they have been condemned to, beat me to death with clubs
(4) Probably being kept in a cage on the back of the war rig to prevent me from meddling

we'ah waiting fo Captain Walker to get to the loving point, the old oval office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

lol that it's not bad enough that god is distant and indifferent. we have aliens capable of interstellar travel hangin' out and they too are not doing poo poo.