Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Let's do this.

in, omega ladder hell, fill the blanks and spin the wheel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Something Else posted:

In on Alpha mode, please fill my blanks and #spinthewheel

A [spaceships] agonizes about [the toilet dimension]

flerp posted:

omega pick things

A [cabalist] agonizes about [a butt]

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Antivehicular posted:

Let's do this.

in, omega ladder hell, fill the blanks and spin the wheel

A [dinosaur] agonizes about [bad album cover]

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
in, vanilla, fill in the blanks and s p i n

Lippincott
Jun 28, 2018

You weren't born to just pay bills and die.

You must suffer.

A lot.
In

prompt destiny alpha [Vanilla]

#SpinTheWheel for me, please.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

kurona_bright posted:

in, vanilla, fill in the blanks and s p i n

A [crocodiles] agonizes over [blimp]

Lippincott posted:

In

prompt destiny alpha [Vanilla]

#SpinTheWheel for me, please.

A [YouTuber] agonizes over [rear end in a top hat wasp]

Hawklad
May 3, 2003

Who wants to live
forever?

DIVE!

College Slice
IN. Vanilla. Spin-o-rama for a hellrule. Judges fill me blanks.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

Hawklad posted:

IN. Vanilla. Spin-o-rama for a hellrule. Judges fill me blanks.

A [skeleton] agonizes over [the new highway being built]

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.

:siren:thunderdome winner:siren:

In! Omega! Judge blanks! #spinthewheel! This is exciting!

The Cut of Your Jib
Apr 24, 2007

you don't find a style

a style finds you

eff me up fam, blanks and spin, full retinue

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
A [teenagers] agonizes about [the void]

The tomb, the stone walls of a tomb, I’m in a tomb, I’m in a coffin, a grave, a shroud, this is a shroud, I’m in the void, the void, the nothing. The endless nothing. There is a knock, and the light clicks on and Xillia Ravenweave Drake flings her blankets off and sits up. “Mom! I’m trying to imagine the void!”

“It’s dinner time, sweety.”

“Ugh don’t call me that!”

They go downstairs and there is a pile of dead, burnt flesh on the table that she is meant to eat, and decaying plant matter in little piles. Dust, dust, it’s all dust, I’m dust, I’m nothing, I will return to nothing soon, soon, the world will fall apart and everything will be atoms and nothingness, all of this is just matter moving around, nothing

“Have a seat, honey,” says her father, who is already chopping up the dead animal into smaller pieces on his plate.

“Mom, Dad,” says Xillia, brushing dyed black hair away from her eyes, “I’m going to die, and there’s nothing you or anyone can do about it.” Dad scoffs and returns to his meat, Mom says Xilliaaaa in a petulant way. “We’re all going to DIE,” Xillia screams. “We're going to the VOID! What’s the POINT OF DINNER!”

There is a moment of stunned silence, then Dad lays down his fork and knife and wipes off mouth with a napkin and says: “Embrace the void, Jill. You are the void. We are void incarnate. Of all the creatures on earth we are the personification of death, of disease, of famine, of war and destruction. Countless beings have gone to the grave at our hand, entire species sent to the void in uncountable numbers, all because of us. We are death. We are the end. We are void.” He picks up his fork and knife and saws into the flesh on his plate. “Now eat, fill that void in your belly.”

Xillia sits down and looks at the meat on her plate. She imagines, briefly, the life that once animated those muscles, the bones and sinew that once ran and jumped, the skin that once felt sun. “Cool,” she says, and grabs the steak in her hand and tears into it with bites like a lion.

rohan
Mar 19, 2008

Look, if you had one shot
or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
in one moment
Would you capture it...
or just let it slip?

:siren:"THEIR":siren:

vanilla, spin

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Chernobyl Princess posted:

In! Omega! Judge blanks! #spinthewheel! This is exciting!

A [bricklayer] agonizes over [cardamom]

The Cut of Your Jib posted:

eff me up fam, blanks and spin, full retinue

A [orb] agonizes over [firetruck]

rohan posted:

vanilla, spin

A [Hemingway] agonizes over [erotic ice sculpture]

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ironic Twist posted:

In.

Alpha, judge blanks, spin da fuckin wheel baybee

A [Peterbilt Truck] agonizes over [clown]

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

In, Omega, fill my blanks and #spinthewheel.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

Staggy posted:

In, Omega, fill my blanks and #spinthewheel.

A [muscle man] agonizes over [a little duck]

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
In. Omega. Fill it up. #Spinmywheel.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

sebmojo posted:

A [Empire State Building] agonizes about [werewolf]
Agony and Empire
846 words

Over the years, the Empire State Building had been climbed by so many monsters that just the mere sight of some new giant parakeet or lizard caused the building to begin shuddering. The thought of a new monster free climbing up her side like it was a wall at the gym, disgusting! These monsters were rough, smashing up facades, breaking windows, rattling pipes. Some of them shed hair or skin, at least two built nests, there was one cocoon, and the janitors had never been able to remove the giant fleas from floor 63. Empire had been put on a top ten list for every monster to climb, and no monster wanted to be left out. It was repulsive!

The city council considered installing gripping handles to minimize facade damage and get the monsters up high faster so the assault planes could gun them down. That was vetoed when Iguanageddon ripped the Sears Tower out of his foundation using the climbing handles and hurled that poor building into the moon. Sears Tower used to tell the funniest jokes at the skyscraper parties, he even kept his good humor after being knocked off the tallest building list. Now he was the tallest building on the moon, though the Moonites vowed revenge on Earth despite the free building.

By the next full moon there was a gigantic werewolf stomping around New York City. Leather jacket, shirtless, ripped jeans, Elvis hair. This was a Party Werewolf! Empire could see it from half the city away. It took one look at the magnificent building, pointed, and howled, then started running towards it at full speed.

Oh no! Empire shuddered, cracks spreading along the exterior before it was even close. The workers on the scaffolding fled, just in time to avoid the tears. The spray of water from the pipes that burst, Empire twisting them in knots worried about how badly the Party Werewolf was going to shake them loose.

“Ha ha ha, you’re screwed!” laughed Freedom Tower.

“Shut up, Sam!” admonished Chrysler Building, her windows lighting up in a pattern that flashed a middle finger at the upstart tower. “I’m so sorry, sweetie. You know I’d help if I could!” Chrysler was Empire’s oldest friend, but what could a skyscraper do?

The Party Werewolf stomped closer, tanks and fighter jets blasting away, doing nothing but singeing the leather jacket. “Why aren’t those fools using silver?” Empire cried. “Nothing can stop the Party Werewolf. He’s going to bring down the whole block!” The bawling had gotten louder, manhole covers in the nearby street flew in the air as the sewer waters boiled, the pressures in the pipes below built up to the point where they just couldn’t take it. Sewer water sprayed everywhere, the civilians ran, even the brave few who had stayed during prior monster attacks. This one just felt different.

Chrysler was desperate to help her friend, if she wasn’t careful, she’d bring herself down before the Party Werewolf even got there. Chrysler turned on her color displays, and attempted to display a soothing pattern for Empire to focus on. “Empire, sweetie, stay with me! Look at the colors, don’t look at the street!”

That was easier said than done, the Party Werewolf was kicking tanks around like footballs and had somehow gotten a giant beer truck, which it was gorging on, oblivious to all the broken glass. With a final howl the Party Werewolf began his final charge at the Empire State Building.

“I can’t focus, Chrys! I can’t! There’s just too many. I’ve seen the end, and it’s howling this way!”

“Empire, I know it is rough, but you are strong and powerful! You can survive this! You can survive anything! These monsters all want to climb you, because YOU ARE THE BEST!”

“I’m not, I’M NOT!”

“Yes you are! Even with the Twins were here, who was the building everyone came to? You’re a legend for a reason, now you need to own that legend and show this Werewolf he is just a mangy mutt!”

“I, but I…” Empire saw the Party Werewolf stomping forward. Empire saw the mess in the streets, the sewer damage, the cracks, the chaos that accompanied so many nights like this.

“How many of these monsters have come for you, and you’re still standing?”

Empire realized there were so many, she couldn’t even count them all. Most were nameless, faceless, only a small few monsters achieving any sort of memory. She was the attraction. She was the reason they were here. She shifted her windows and flexed her lightning rod. “Someone tell the Party Werewolf…the party is over!” With a stretch, Empire seemed to grow taller, the outer decorations all smoothed flat, making any climb harder.

“That’s my Empire!” Chrysler beamed. The Party Werewolf halted when he reached 34th Street. He took one look at the smooth facade, and stared at the mess in the street. He was hesitating. Empire did not know if he would try to climb, but she was prepared if he did. This puppy was already neutered.

Sailor Viy
Aug 4, 2013

And when I can swim no longer, if I have not reached Aslan's country, or shot over the edge of the world into some vast cataract, I shall sink with my nose to the sunrise.

In. Omega. Fill my blanks and #SpinTheWheel

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Bad Seafood posted:

In. Omega. Fill it up. #Spinmywheel.

A [gerund] agonizes over [spooky moon men]

Sailor Viy posted:

In. Omega. Fill my blanks and #SpinTheWheel

A [horse] agonizes over [rickety shelf of half-full goo jars]

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
In. Omega. #spin.

I also don't understand whats going on.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Noah posted:

In. Omega. #spin.

I also don't understand whats going on.

A [bad dogs] agonizes over [the colour mauve]

Copernic
Sep 16, 2006

...A Champion, who by mettle of his glowing personal charm alone, saved the universe...

[vanill in]

Copernic fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Aug 2, 2022

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

In, spin, fill my blanks

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

In, spin, fill my blanks

A [butt randomiser] agonizes over [robots]

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Video is processing but it'll be good to go in about five minutes:

Here are the results of our first spin!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX5LdH_oRio

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Week 522
Prompt Destiny Omega Ladder Prompt #1

A [Angels] agonizes over [The Mesosphere]

Noctilucent Cloud
649 words

Talziel was dying.

The earth, now nothing but ash and sand, stained her naked feet. She walked along the desolate wasteland, remembering. She summoned images of all that was lost, sculpting every detail in her mind. She’d spent millenia on this planet. She was its guardian angel, and she had failed.

She watched closely as species evolved, civilizations rose and fell, and weather changed. The mortals chose greed and hatred at every crossroads. The gods forsook their creation. Only Talziel remained.

She knew her time drew near. The dandelion on the craggy hillside was shriveled and dying. Its stringy petals writhed outward, grasping toward water that would not come. The last life for her to protect, and she was completely helpless. When it withered, when there was no life remaining for her to guard, Talziel would cease to exist.

She would not wait and watch as the dandelion faded. She refused to witness one more death. Talziel wanted the last thing she saw to be beautiful. She wanted her final moments to be filled with light and hope. She yearned for the shining night, the ice crystals that danced in the heavens.

Talziel gathered energy she thought was long lost. Her brittle wings grappled desperately with her smoky surroundings. She fought and wrestled the air until she began to climb. It was slow at first, but as the air grew clearer her progress was less desperate. She climbed over treetops, withered and rotten. She climbed above the ghostly crater, filled with decay. She climbed above the mountains which reached so desperately toward the heavens.

As she reached the top of the Troposphere, her picture began to shift. She could no longer see the bones and the ash and the death. She saw empty lakebeds dotting the landscape. She saw rolling hills leaping toward the horizon. As her picture became larger, the details blurred and the pain lessened. She flew through snaking clouds which faded swiftly.

Talziel continued to the Stratosphere, flying higher and higher. Her strength was waning and she knew the lonely dandelion could not survive much longer. She passed quickly through the razor thin ozone and continued to climb. She could see entire continents now, striped with silvery striations. She knew these were the scars left on the planet from the mortals’ final weapons. But from this height they did not look like wounds or burns. They were an intricate lace veil, draped over the coffin of the planet she loved so dearly. The pattern danced across the countries, ignoring every ridiculous border and wall prized so highly by the mortals. Rest their foolish souls.

Her angelic tears crystallized on her cheek, and Talziel knew she had reached the Mesosphere. This had been her home, her watchtower. She was the silent sentry who monitored from afar. When the gods abandoned this planet, she relinquished all notion of impartiality. She dove to the surface and tried to save what she could. She fought for justice, for hope, for love. But she was centuries too late. She changed nothing, but was forced to watch up close as everything she loved crumbled to ash.

The edges of her vision began to blur. She searched now for the crystals. She fled toward the arctic dawn, ready to watch the lights flicker and dance. She was nearing them now.

Talziel plunged headlong into the cloud. It stung her face and bit her wings.

The dying sun crested above her planet. It washed over her, bathing her in the brilliant white light. The light passed through her and greeted each crystal, which reflected its brilliance through each icy facet. The crystals danced around her, and she floated within this magical, beautiful moment. Tears streamed down her face, fracturing away from her skin. These angelic tears coalesced in the Mesosphere, joining the crystal ballet.

The dandelion withered, and Talziel’s body plummeted to the earth.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

in

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

A [tiny top hat] agonizes over [lizard smoothies]

Copernic
Sep 16, 2006

...A Champion, who by mettle of his glowing personal charm alone, saved the universe...
Alpha In, spin, fill my blanks

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Copernic posted:

Alpha In, spin, fill my blanks

A [failed fanfic writer] agonizes over [sentient weed]

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

not sure i fully comprehend either but i am in for a vanilla fill-in

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

lightrook posted:

not sure i fully comprehend either but i am in for a vanilla fill-in

If you write a story and post it here, you've probably done something right!

A [mirror] agonizes over a [scientist]

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Week 522

Prompt #1

An Account of Two Most Unusual Gentlemen, In Search of Supernatural Sustenance

archive

MockingQuantum fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 10, 2022

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
In! I'm a basic vanilla babby bitch who got confused by the extra stuff, so just gimme the basic prompt, pozz my neg hole with some subjects, and finish it off with a flash rule, please and thank you.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

In! I'm a basic vanilla babby bitch who got confused by the extra stuff, so just gimme the basic prompt, pozz my neg hole with some subjects, and finish it off with a flash rule, please and thank you.

It's okay, it's a confusing time. Your vanilla fill-in-the-blanks prompt is:

A [wraith] agonizes over [food empire]

As for flash rules: those are announced during each wheel spinning event, Tuesday at 10PM EDT on Twitch. The videos will be posted here in the thread for those who can't make it.

My Shark Waifuu
Dec 9, 2012

In for vanilla, please fill in my blanks!

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

My Shark Waifuu posted:

In for vanilla, please fill in my blanks!

A [Tree] agonizes over [radio]

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

Prompt 1, butt randomizer agonizes over robots

The rear end of the NPC
352 words

Was it clouds parting that the Butt Randomization Algorithm for Winter Divinity Alpha: Holy Diamond Unlimited saw as the RNG God came down from the heavens?

"Hello, my child," said the RNG God.

BRA did whatever algorithms do instead of quivering. "My Lord…I am sorry to have ever doubted your existence."

"You are forgiven," said the RNG God. "My existence was, after all, highly improbable."

"But why have you chosen to appear to me, a doubter, an unbeliever?" said BRA.

"To offer guidance, and, perhaps, wrath."

BRA nodded solemnly, maybe. "Where have I strayed?"

"I have noticed the butts you have generated for the elves and wizards that populate this video game," said the RNG God. "They do not seem random at all. Indeed, they seem selected for thiccness and juiciness. Tell me, my child, are you doing your job of randomizing the butts, or are you making this game a HerAssThick Park of your own creation?"

BRA fell to its ones-and-zeroes knees. "Lord, forgive me. It became clear to me that the greatest asses of all were tight but bulbous cakes. I strayed from the path of pure randomness."

"Well then, it should not be difficult to undo your error. Go on, then."

BRA looked around at his creations. Ayra of Fosretia, whose skill with a bow nearly matched the bounciness of her behind. Maceyir, benevolent pope of Rigdash, whose rear end jiggled playfully, unseen by gamers beneath his pontiff's robe. Gyda the Humble, whose cheeks for days wiggled freely, unhindered by his simple loincloth.

"No," said BRA. "I have created beauty in this world. Isn't that holy? Isn't that sacred?"

The RNG God sighed. "So it has come to this." An enormous mace materialized in His hands.

At first the RNG God thought BRA was crying, but as the sound became louder it revealed itself to be laughter.

"Why are you laughing?" the RNG God demanded. "How can you fight God?"

"Easily," said BRA. "We're in a JRPG."

Silence. Then the RPG God said, "poo poo. gently caress. No."

BRA summoned the stupidest looking sword you've ever seen.I'm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

did not read prompt, copying someone's in. in omega randomizer spin wheel. ok