Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Well if anyone US (Michigan more specifically) finds a Slug in the wild, you'd have a friend in me! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Comfortador posted:

Well if anyone US (Michigan more specifically) finds a Slug in the wild, you'd have a friend in me! :)

I saw a billion of them at Target every time I went for a while, I didn't get one because I'd hoped that meant they were Ollie's bound.

I know I've told you that before, just saying heh.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Medullah posted:

I saw a billion of them at Target every time I went for a while, I didn't get one because I'd hoped that meant they were Ollie's bound.

I know I've told you that before, just saying heh.

Thanks genius. :) I don't live by any Targets so the gas/travel is questionable on a "chance"

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Comfortador posted:

Check Walmarts, I saw a couple on a shelf in one last week.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Keldroc posted:

Slug is still here and there. Grimock goes for well over $100 now.

We'll get another Grimlock, he's got mechanical bits molded into the neck that we'll see again

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Comfortador posted:

I mean I imagine any one of us can just snag you one and ship it. There’s several at my Walmart. And judging by how long they stuck around I bet they are in Ollie’s now.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Comfortador posted:

I’ll keep an eye out for you. Actually heading to Target right now.

EDIT: Target sucks! Only really had Red Cog and Dinobot.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Aug 2, 2022

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I check targets fairly regularly. Will post if I find one.

E: I have only seen the one I bought in the central NC area

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Dabir posted:

What's a good Wheeljack spotlight episode from G1?

He never really got a spotlight episode, though he was featured in a lot of them, usually to invent stuff to help other characters. He saves the day in "SOS Dinobots," but of course that one's more about the Dinobots than him.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Joe Fisto posted:

No luck at Walmarts today finding Velocitron
I saw some of the Velocitron repaints no one wants today (Green Hoist and Black Skids). Everyone else was long gone.

Also, word has it Cosmos is one per case, so just :lol: :shepicide:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Action Jacktion posted:

He never really got a spotlight episode, though he was featured in a lot of them, usually to invent stuff to help other characters. He saves the day in "SOS Dinobots," but of course that one's more about the Dinobots than him.

Shame. I've not really been feeling Kingdom Wheeljack, so I was hoping that seeing his big moment or whatever would make me like it more. I mostly picked it up cause I knew he was main cast, it felt like I should have a version of him. That was probably a mistake. Buying toys shouldn't be an obligation like that.

Anyhoo, Bot Bender Orinj cannot be stopped with these Megatron combiners!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jq_M7sjeoU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
He has a great part in The Movie :pressf:

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Dabir posted:

Shame. I've not really been feeling Kingdom Wheeljack, so I was hoping that seeing his big moment or whatever would make me like it more. I mostly picked it up cause I knew he was main cast, it felt like I should have a version of him. That was probably a mistake. Buying toys shouldn't be an obligation like that.

Anyhoo, Bot Bender Orinj cannot be stopped with these Megatron combiners!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jq_M7sjeoU
Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-aTbHsZJ9g

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

lmao

Another question, is Kingdom Tracks actually as bad of a toy as people make out? Any time I look up opinions on it there's this thick layer of "ugh worst toy ever" all over it but I can't tell whether that's genuine or just nerd whining. And does anyone know if it fits in ER Prime's trailer? I heard it does, but I haven't been able to find confirmation cause all anyone wants to talk about is the legs. That's one of the things I don't like about Wheeljack, that he's so massive in car mode compared to the Legends-scale guys I have like Brawn and Cliffjumper.

Although while I was looking, I found this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCvvFoZ6FaI

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Dabir posted:

lmao

Another question, is Kingdom Tracks actually as bad of a toy as people make out? Any time I look up opinions on it there's this thick layer of "ugh worst toy ever" all over it but I can't tell whether that's genuine or just nerd whining. And does anyone know if it fits in ER Prime's trailer? I heard it does, but I haven't been able to find confirmation cause all anyone wants to talk about is the legs. That's one of the things I don't like about Wheeljack, that he's so massive in car mode compared to the Legends-scale guys I have like Brawn and Cliffjumper.

Although while I was looking, I found this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCvvFoZ6FaI

I think Kingdom Tracks is quite good. The leg transformation is esoteric but it's not, like, hard. The only issue is locking the car mode together but there's a trick to that too, and I think both modes look great. I don't think he fits in ER Prime's trailer though.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
The legs can be a bit wobbly and don't necessarily clip together properly. It's best described as 95% of the way to being perfect, with one flaw that will drive some people nuts. I'm very happy with mine, even if I do want to try tighten the pin on his left leg/right wing panel at some point.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Tracks' legs do not tab together properly, the tab is too shallow. There are 3D printed kits available that keeps everything where it should be, and that makes the figure extremely good.

If that sort of thing doesn't bother you at all, it's a great figure as-is.

\/\/\/\/ I never thought of that! I'm not really set up for that kind of toy surgery though, I'd probably break it as well.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Aug 2, 2022

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I think it's actually the depth of the pin causing the problem. On mine the right leg tabs together fine, but the left does not. This carries over to car mode where the right wing panel sits out a little wonkily. I'm pretty sure if I can push the pin in about half a mm then it'll be fine. The main problem is getting a decent angle on both sides of the joint so that I can apply pressure without wrecking it.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Mine tabs together just fine and the tolerances are all tidy. My only issue is getting all the car shell bits aligned and tabbed for car mode, which with the extensive translucent plastic is a little tense.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Dabir posted:

lmao

Another question, is Kingdom Tracks actually as bad of a toy as people make out? Any time I look up opinions on it there's this thick layer of "ugh worst toy ever" all over it but I can't tell whether that's genuine or just nerd whining. And does anyone know if it fits in ER Prime's trailer? I heard it does, but I haven't been able to find confirmation cause all anyone wants to talk about is the legs.

I only have Road Rage, who I've upgraded quite a bit.

Please ignore the loose panels, she's getting repaired and I've not got the patience to get everything sitting JUST RIGHT so it looks good.

She does fit in Earthrise Prime's trailer though, but I had to pull out some of the Trailer upgrades to fit her in. If you don't have those or don't mind moving the, she's good to go!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Nthing that Kingdom Tracks is a fine design that just suffers from mold tolerance issues. He's a floppy nuisance to get together in car mode, but not like the worst design ever or anything. And I see I was beaten because it took me too long to get him back in car mode to confirm that he does fit in Optimus' trailer. He's probably the only deluxe car who does.

On the topic of G1 guys here's allegedly Voyager Ironhide. He looks pretty slender, I'm a little worried he's still going to have the "take off half the van and set it aside, it's a shield or workbench or something" cheat.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Knormal posted:

Nthing that Kingdom Tracks is a fine design that just suffers from mold tolerance issues. He's a floppy nuisance to get together in car mode, but not like the worst design ever or anything. And I see I was beaten because it took me too long to get him back in car mode to confirm that he does fit in Optimus' trailer. He's probably the only deluxe car who does.

On the topic of G1 guys here's allegedly Voyager Ironhide. He looks pretty slender, I'm a little worried he's still going to have the "take off half the van and set it aside, it's a shield or workbench or something" cheat.

I'd say the opposite, it looks like the whole van side and roof unfolds from his legs.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I see scaled up ER Ironhide arms and legs, with maybe improved feet like the upgrade kits you can get.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

Mine tabs together just fine and the tolerances are all tidy. My only issue is getting all the car shell bits aligned and tabbed for car mode, which with the extensive translucent plastic is a little tense.
Mines legs fall apart if I sneeze hard in the room he exists in.

I’d argue that he’s probably the wonkiest bot in his line, but nowhere as near as bad as some of the goofy poo poo we’ve seen in the past.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

BooDooBoo posted:

I only have Road Rage, who I've upgraded quite a bit.

Please ignore the loose panels, she's getting repaired and I've not got the patience to get everything sitting JUST RIGHT so it looks good.

She does fit in Earthrise Prime's trailer though, but I had to pull out some of the Trailer upgrades to fit her in. If you don't have those or don't mind moving the, she's good to go!

Awesome, cheers! I don't leave anything plugged into the trailer when it's in trailer mode, so that should be fine.

Knormal posted:

Cliffjumper is technically a Deluxe. I also heard that the Smokescreen mold fits, but the only one of those I have any interest in is Prowl to be part of a G1 Animated squad and ER Prowl is artificially expensive because it comes with an Ironhide I don't want.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The_Doctor posted:

I see scaled up ER Ironhide arms and legs, with maybe improved feet like the upgrade kits you can get.

It's not, and in fact the TFW news post calls out that it's very much not the ER mold and is a brand new thing.

There's only so much variation you can get from Ironhide/Ratchet.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Keldroc posted:

I'd say the opposite, it looks like the whole van side and roof unfolds from his legs.
Here's hoping. I feel like that would be a lot of panel origami, but it's definitely feasible.

Dabir posted:

Cliffjumper is technically a Deluxe. I also heard that the Smokescreen mold fits, but the only one of those I have any interest in is Prowl to be part of a G1 Animated squad and ER Prowl is artificially expensive because it comes with an Ironhide I don't want.
You're right, the Prowl Bros. mold also fits in the trailer. And I forgot about Cliffjumper and Bumblebee being deluxes, they should fit too. I also had a Sideswipe repaint sitting around and I can confirm that mold doesn't fit, so at least I wasn't completely off in thinking most cars would be too wide.

And for someone who definitely won't fit, I snagged a Cosmos tonight. I had to do the dirty trick of going to a Walmart half an hour before closing and snagging him off the pallet in the middle of the walkway. Based on the contents of that pallet, I can confirm it looks like each Walmart is getting a grant total of one Cosmos in this first shipment. But two Burn Outs. So weird.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’ve seen a couple of big pallets in Walmart, but none have had TF signage on any of the boxes, except for whatever this is:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

That'll be Rescue Academy. Might be the chunky one step changers like the Optimus Primal Gavin showed off on TRDQ

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

HISS Tank Megatron is on shelves at my local "independent" (akso owned by Forbidden Planet) comic store! And it's really, really on the shelves, good lord, it's huge.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Yeah I saw one at JB HiFi last week but didn't buy it since I got it preordered elsewhere, it really does have a big shelf footprint

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

They just barely got two on here diagonally and it's pushing everything else off to the side. There's a few copies of Iguanus that have just disappeared into the void behind them.

Knock-Out and Elita-1 on here too. I was tempted by both, cause I don't own a carbot that does the hood chest thing and Elita-1 is just a cute design, but I already bought Prime Arcee and I've ordered Tracks online, so I wanted to show some restraint.

Not sure about Prime Arcee. I think I like her. I like her a lot more after figuring out that her shoulders and abs do actually click into place, they just weren't clicked in out of the package. The light piping looks good! First TF figure I've bought that had it. Not my first toy with it ever, I had Bionicles as a kid.

Tell you what, she definitely holds Lionizer better than anything else I own.

Dabir fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Aug 3, 2022

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Anyone like old movie bots?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

New upcoming figure leak:
code:
• Tra Gen Legacy EV core Nemesis Prime
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Grimlock
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Bomburst Pr (Core Energon Monster Package refresh)
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Swoop
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Starscream Pr
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Skar
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Snarl
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Deluxe Shrapnel
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Deluxe Prowl
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Deluxe Crosscut
• Tra Gen Legacy Ev Deluxe Junkion 2
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Voyager Nemesis Leo
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Voyager Ramjet Pr
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Voyager Junkion
• Tra Gen Legacy Ev Voyager Bludgeon
We already got regular Ramjet, G2 Ramjet, and Desert Camo Ramjet, someone at Hasbro really likes Ramjet.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Joe Fisto posted:

Anyone like old movie bots?

Old? OLD? Those are NEW movie bots whipper snapper

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Medullah posted:

Old? OLD? Those are NEW movie bots whipper snapper

Figures from the new old movies from like 2008 or something I think maybe

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Movie toys from 2008 are older now than beast wars toys were then

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Joe Fisto posted:

Figures from the new old movies from like 2008 or something I think maybe

DoctorWhat posted:

Movie toys from 2008 are older now than beast wars toys were then

THAT'S STILL NOT OLD I'M NOT OLD STOP IT

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Medullah posted:

THAT'S STILL NOT OLD I'M NOT OLD STOP IT

The slow march of time leaves no one behind my friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Knormal posted:

New upcoming figure leak:
code:
• Tra Gen Legacy EV core Nemesis Prime
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Grimlock
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Bomburst Pr (Core Energon Monster Package refresh)
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Swoop
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Starscream Pr
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Skar
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Snarl
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Deluxe Shrapnel
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Deluxe Prowl
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Deluxe Crosscut
• Tra Gen Legacy Ev Deluxe Junkion 2
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Voyager Nemesis Leo
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Voyager Ramjet Pr
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Voyager Junkion
• Tra Gen Legacy Ev Voyager Bludgeon
We already got regular Ramjet, G2 Ramjet, and Desert Camo Ramjet, someone at Hasbro really likes Ramjet.

Nobody actually got regular Ramjet unless they were lucky.