Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Catching up to Genshin and started second part of Inazuma story, and I'm getting absolute getting destroyed by the Raiden Shogun fight. Am I missing something in the fight mechanics, felt like I was barely making a dent and getting two shot, or is it an honest to god gear check point? AR51, pretty much 80/80 Klee/Bennett/Sucrose/Xingqiu team with honestly quite a bit to do on the artifact set front. Seemed like MC of some brand might be good (necessary?) to bring to that fight, given one of the abilities?

Been definitely having fun the past two weeks catching up to the game after 1.4. Just going around exploring is the chill I like in the game and Inazuma has been plenty of that, and I assume Sumeru will be plenty more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The purple shield decreases on its own over time. So if you just dodge you'll finish the mecha phase sooner or later.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

My god, hold on. Could Dendro be the element that we've been waiting for that annihilates electro shields immediately?!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

My god, hold on. Could Dendro be the element that we've been waiting for that annihilates electro shields immediately?!
It is, it annihilates both electro and hydro. Dendro+electro combined have game against everything.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm going to need to start farming books if I'm going to need to take my electros to level 90

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Yae Miko's burst actually hits very hard if you managed to get all of the extra shots to hit. I used it against the serpent while farming him for Heizou, and every bolt combined hit for like ~160k (or a little more; I just saw 3X000 followed by three 4X000s).

gandlethorpe posted:

Pretty excited, considering my well-built Shenhe adds 2460 flat damage with her quills. Also, been seriously considering breaking my "no A6-ing" rule.

Why exactly do you do that anyways? I don't see much of a functional difference between spending resources on getting A6/90 and getting good artifacts; in both cases you're spending resin to increase stats in a way that is increasingly less efficient over time.

Simply not getting the last ascension comment unlocked in the quotes section of the profile would bug me into doing it.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Aug 1, 2022

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Dendro is not going to fix keqing inability to connect more than 1 CA to a target smaller or more mobile than ruin guard.

https://i.imgur.com/Iw8LpuX.mp4

With a anemo swirl>sara skill>keking loop I can get over 50K damage per N1CA but its only really useful against static bosses and ruin guards, the rest usually get knocked away from a proper follow up or or her CA's push her way too far back so you can only rely on the burst of the party to get the kill on most stuff. But 4 quicken reactions won't make her burst kill high abyss enemies and in overworld most stuff died already.

cranky corvid
Sep 30, 2021

Lunsku posted:

Catching up to Genshin and started second part of Inazuma story, and I'm getting absolute getting destroyed by the Raiden Shogun fight. Am I missing something in the fight mechanics, felt like I was barely making a dent and getting two shot, or is it an honest to god gear check point? AR51, pretty much 80/80 Klee/Bennett/Sucrose/Xingqiu team with honestly quite a bit to do on the artifact set front. Seemed like MC of some brand might be good (necessary?) to bring to that fight, given one of the abilities?
The objective in that fight is just to survive long enough. I was able to clear it after I stopped worrying about whether I was outputting enough damage and just focused on surviving.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Ytlaya posted:

Why exactly do you do that anyways? I don't see much of a functional difference between spending resources on getting A6/90 and getting good artifacts; in both cases you're spending resin to increase stats in a way that is increasingly less efficient over time.

Simply not getting the last ascension comment unlocked in the quotes section of the profile would bug me into doing it.

Started because it was expensive. Kept it going because I could still handle everything and liked feeling like I'm punching above my weight. It's also nice knowing that if I ever hit a wall, there's somewhere to go (about +15% damage if my calculations are correct).

I decided recently to bring the rest of my roster to A5, of which there are about a dozen still at A3. I'll probably start going to A6 once Dendro arrives. They seem to crank up the levels a bit with each new zone past Inazuma, and there's some point where if the level difference is too high there start to be problems.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Aug 1, 2022

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

No Wave posted:

It is, it annihilates both electro and hydro. Dendro+electro combined have game against everything.

Raiden bossfight about to get hella more manageable.

poo poo, maybe I should get this new Diluc skin now, since Dendro's about to make his damage respectable (lvl70, mediocre artifacts, 160 crit damage) and they're adding Crimson Witch strongboxes...

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

AParadox posted:

Dendro is not going to fix keqing inability to connect more than 1 CA to a target smaller or more mobile than ruin guard.

With a anemo swirl>sara skill>keking loop I can get over 50K damage per N1CA but its only really useful against static bosses and ruin guards, the rest usually get knocked away from a proper follow up or or her CA's push her way too far back so you can only rely on the burst of the party to get the kill on most stuff. But 4 quicken reactions won't make her burst kill high abyss enemies and in overworld most stuff died already.

She can actually do 7 quicken reactions in quick (:v:) succession. Her E has no ICD, so that's 2, followed by the first infused NA. Her Q does 4, even though ICD rules would suggest only 3. The last big hit doesn't seem to share with the small ones. I tested versus a Cryo slime and it does 4 total superconducts.

I haven't played enough Keqing to speak to her difficulties knocking things around, but this opens her up to actual reaction teams. She's terrible with overload and EC, both of which exacerbate her knockback problems. Quicken doesn't appear to have any knockback effects, and Keqing doesn't start knocking this around herself until the CA spam starts. If she can trigger 7 aggravates (per target in the AoE, mind) before needing to use CAs, I would hope things are dead or near dead enough not to be an issue.

You don't even have to play her as a hypercarry, she can just be there to unload her kit and swap out.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I wonder if it would be enough to just NA spam for reactions? Or are those too weak even with say Yunjin?

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

She can actually do 7 quicken reactions in quick (:v:) succession. Her E has no ICD, so that's 2, followed by the first infused NA. Her Q does 4, even though ICD rules would suggest only 3. The last big hit doesn't seem to share with the small ones. I tested versus a Cryo slime and it does 4 total superconducts.

I haven't played enough Keqing to speak to her difficulties knocking things around, but this opens her up to actual reaction teams. She's terrible with overload and EC, both of which exacerbate her knockback problems. Quicken doesn't appear to have any knockback effects, and Keqing doesn't start knocking this around herself until the CA spam starts. If she can trigger 7 aggravates (per target in the AoE, mind) before needing to use CAs, I would hope things are dead or near dead enough not to be an issue.

I only counted the 4 quickens from burst since it does have a decent AOE. It does make sense for her burst to do 4 procs, with normal icd you get procs on 1/4/7/10 hits and it does exactly 10.

For some reason I though her skill only does 1 proc and you need her c1 to get the extra proc. Does this mean she can get 3 with c1?

gandlethorpe posted:

You don't even have to play her as a hypercarry, she can just be there to unload her kit and swap out.

Her quickswap playstyle is quite fun already and we are getting some quick swap dendros so you might be right.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

AParadox posted:

I only counted the 4 quickens from burst since it does have a decent AOE. It does make sense for her burst to do 4 procs, with normal icd you get procs on 1/4/7/10 hits and it does exactly 10.

Ah right, my eyes only looked up to the x8 part

AParadox posted:

For some reason I though her skill only does 1 proc and you need her c1 to get the extra proc. Does this mean she can get 3 with c1?

Her quickswap playstyle is quite fun already and we are getting some quick swap dendros so you might be right.

C1 may very well apply its own Electro, but superconduct itself has an ICD, so it's hard to tell. Keqingmains library says it has no ICD, though, and ending it with a CA immediately instead of porting also applies a second Electro.

If E has no ICD and C1 also applies one AND aggravate has no ICD (melt doesn't, so this isn't out of the question), then that would bring her up to 4 reactions from E-E-NA.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

C1 may very well apply its own Electro, but superconduct itself has an ICD, so it's hard to tell. Keqingmains library says it has no ICD, though, and ending it with a CA immediately instead of porting also applies a second Electro.

If E has no ICD and C1 also applies one AND aggravate has no ICD (melt doesn't, so this isn't out of the question), then that would bring her up to 4 reactions from E-E-NA.

If thats true maybe its time to finally farm thunder fury artie domain, they are updating the set to include dendro+electro reactions for cooldown reduction so ramming the enemy with her skill over and over might be a viable tactic. The cooldown of her skill starts when you send the first part so her normal gameplay is already E>Q>E and by the time the infusion runs out you can E again. WIth tf and dendro you can probably do E>Q>E>NA>E>E>NA, thats a lot of possible quicken procs...

Eimi posted:

I wonder if it would be enough to just NA spam for reactions? Or are those too weak even with say Yunjin?

Her NA have mediocre ratios, are on the slower side and the last hit has a hefty knockback too, she is not well suited for yunjin use. I occasionally do 3NACA instead of 1NACA to preserve stamina and maybe kill the target before CA sends them flying but you can't do too much with her normals.

AParadox fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Aug 1, 2022

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

gandlethorpe posted:

They seem to crank up the levels a bit with each new zone past Inazuma, and there's some point where if the level difference is too high there start to be problems.
Yeah level 70 with relevant talents at 8 used to be enough for a fully viable character. Didn't need A5 to get a feel for a new character because world enemies would range from 76-88. Now we have regions with level 90-98 enemies and the level scaling penalties start becoming an issue for a level 70.

I don't think it's a good trend expecting players to invest so much resin into A5 just to make characters playable for new regions. :ohdear:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The big thing is that for quicken comps you gain 40% more DPS going from level 80 to level 90. The scaling is so massive that 89 to 90 on a quicken comp is the same dps gain as going from 80/90 to 90/90 on a normal atk/crit scaling character. Granted this was true of swelectroverload too but those weren't the primary source of damage for most comps the way that quicken will be.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Sanctum posted:

Yeah level 70 with relevant talents at 8 used to be enough for a fully viable character. Didn't need A5 to get a feel for a new character because world enemies would range from 76-88. Now we have regions with level 90-98 enemies and the level scaling penalties start becoming an issue for a level 70.

I don't think it's a good trend expecting players to invest so much resin into A5 just to make characters playable for new regions. :ohdear:

the game being too easy is a worse problem

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Lisa's Elemental Burst might even do viable damage with Quicken (C4 would help). Kuki's burst does 7 or 12 (low hp) instances of Electro while Lisa gets 30. Both have usual ICD mechanics so 3 hits per application.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sanctum posted:

I wonder if the trend for having buff enemies in a new zone and then later scaling them down will continue. The fungus in the chasm doesn't seem to suffer from that problem.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The game kind of inherently has a massive disconnect between players who actually max out their characters and farm good artifacts and people who barely have their core team leveled and are still using random gear even at AR58 or whatever. They need a more proper difficulty slider, but if there's no reward for higher difficulty people won't use it and if there is a reward people will get mad. A few weapon mats in an event is one thing, samurai actually dropping two white handguards on hard mode would be a big QoL improvement. Let alone anything that actually cost resin, like if bosses dropped more mats.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Stuff with resin kind of sounds like a big problem where essentially the rich get richer. If you've already farmed out those good artifacts and spent your resin, now your resin is far more effective than someone like me, who hasn't had a years worth of resin to sink into my account. Granted it's not fair to just punish the long term players either. They've basically designed themselves into a hole that I've seen in other games, like STO. Where whales get such insane dps they obliterate literally anything the devs can put in front of them, while there are plenty of people who don't understand how the basic mechanics of the game works. Genshin is harder than STO on a base level, so I have to imagine unless you get Zhongli you have to learn somehow, (Childe nearly obliterating my dumbass this week clearly being proof of that) but it ties the hands of the devs in terms of how to design content. Do you make a dps check that works for someone whose dps is exponentially better than the normal player, or just make a bunch of lovely respawning adds that are just a timer that even the worst player can clear by waiting? How they solve that knot is going to be really important for the long term health of the game, world level is a good start it's just how to fix the rich get richer aspect. (Or just accept it)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I mean, it isn't really a rich get richer thing if you break it down. It feels bad to your brain so I get it but your resin is equally effective if the enemies are scaled down to a similar extent.

Think about it like this, if an enemy has 5000 hp and your character does 500 damage with their burst, you're doing 10% of their hp as damage. If you spend a day's worth of resin to increase their damage by 250 to 750, you're doing 15% of their hp in your burst. that's a 50% damage increase from a day's resin.

If an enemy has 10000 HP and your character does 1000 damage with their burst, and you spend a day's worth of resin to increase their damage by 500 to 1500, you're doing 15% of their hp in your burst. That's a 50% damage increase from a day's resin.

The numbers got higher and the second player got 'more' out of their resin but the actual change is the same for both players.

The only trick there is that your previously spent resin becomes less effective when you scale up in difficulty, but it's not like you'd be able to scale up in difficulty without spending resin to get ready for it.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Endorph posted:

I mean, it isn't really a rich get richer thing if you break it down. It feels bad to your brain so I get it but your resin is equally effective if the enemies are scaled down to a similar extent.

Think about it like this, if an enemy has 5000 hp and your character does 500 damage with their burst, you're doing 10% of their hp as damage. If you spend a day's worth of resin to increase their damage by 250 to 750, you're doing 15% of their hp in your burst. that's a 50% damage increase from a day's resin.

If an enemy has 10000 HP and your character does 1000 damage with their burst, and you spend a day's worth of resin to increase their damage by 500 to 1500, you're doing 15% of their hp in your burst. That's a 50% damage increase from a day's resin.

The numbers got higher and the second player got 'more' out of their resin but the actual change is the same for both players.

The only trick there is that your previously spent resin becomes less effective when you scale up in difficulty, but it's not like you'd be able to scale up in difficulty without spending resin to get ready for it.

That is a good point, and I suppose as long as they keep ensuring things scale, it really isn't a problem overall, especially because for events they put the best rewards on the easiest difficulty. Having world level/scaling inherent to the game is a really good idea they should play with more.

Hell a new area that comes with a world level increase is probably better than an Inazuma situation, where if you're new Inazauma is 2-3 times more difficult than Mondstadt and Liyue because the enemies were def made with long time players in mind. If instead they saved those enemies and just put them all over the world with a world level bump, that'd be a much smoother curve.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Aug 2, 2022

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
they should add another WL. give it like 5% better rewards

padijun fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Aug 2, 2022

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Day one players are pretty much always going to have more powerful accounts than people who started two weeks ago, and I think you'd cause more problems than you solve by trying to even it out.

Like yes, I'm free to spend my days trying to roll good VV pieces endlessly because I don't need to take time out to farm cap break bosses or exp or mora flowers anymore, if that's what you're saying. But isn't that just... the nature of getting into a game later in its life cycle? There's always a bunch of one-time stuff that needs to be done and then never comes up again, be that story stages, levelling or what have you.

I do think Arknights elegantly avoids some of this with events, by having 1 stamina spent = 1 token for the shop. So if you're a new account who can only clear the early 9 stamina stages you can still get most of the same amount (not all) of tokens as the veterans who clear the later 21 stamina stages.

But even then a new player won't have the resources to day one max a new character or master skills because it's fun because they're still levelling their core squad, and, well... I think that just is how it is. I mean there were the events that gave you rental characters, I suppose? Maybe we could let people borrow characters from their friends list? But that still wouldn't fly in the Abyss, which is probably the content most people would complain about because it gives out primos. But if it didn't nobody would do it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

This is the upside of power creep - it's a catchup mechanic. If every new unit was much stronger than previous ones it would even out some of the gap between old and new players. You can see this in action a little bit with emblem of severed fate, where resin now is worth more than resin a year ago. But the creep isn't that dramatic yet, it's still fun having a wide roster.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

padijun posted:

the game being too easy is a worse problem

Remember this is a casual phone game that happened to get popular enough to also have a pc and console port. There are limitations to 'bleeding edge content' just in the controls. Hell, I tried even running one of the easy resin bosses on my phone and had trouble just because of how much jankier it was vs a controller.

I don't think low difficulty is a bug so much as a feature. I at least view this on par with warframe, in that it's something I pop into as a quick brain off and relax game vs something that I try hard in, and I imagine there's a sizable player count that views it the same way.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sure, but all of that doesn't mean more difficult content can't exist. you can lower your world level whenever you want.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wait, also, that isnt what happened at all, the game had a pc and console port at launch. it was always planned for those platforms. the average consumer phone cant even run it for more than 20-30 minutes without burning through half its battery.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Coolness Averted posted:

Remember this is a casual phone game that happened to get popular enough to also have a pc and console port. There are limitations to 'bleeding edge content' just in the controls. Hell, I tried even running one of the easy resin bosses on my phone and had trouble just because of how much jankier it was vs a controller.

I don't think low difficulty is a bug so much as a feature. I at least view this on par with warframe, in that it's something I pop into as a quick brain off and relax game vs something that I try hard in, and I imagine there's a sizable player count that views it the same way.

It launched simultaneously on PC, phone, and Playstation.

The reason it's tuned for phones is because that's how most kids in East Asia play games.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

AParadox posted:

Keqing math

Alright. But I also want to get C6 Fischl in there, adding another electro hit to everything Keqing does. Is there any amount of Dendro that could keep up with that?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Maxwell Adams posted:

Alright. But I also want to get C6 Fischl in there, adding another electro hit to everything Keqing does. Is there any amount of Dendro that could keep up with that?

Aggravate/spread reactions do not consume the auras on enemies afaik. You should get full damage as long as you have enough dendro to keep applying quicken before it wears off (kinda like superconduct).

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Endorph posted:

wait, also, that isnt what happened at all, the game had a pc and console port at launch. it was always planned for those platforms. the average consumer phone cant even run it for more than 20-30 minutes without burning through half its battery.

I play exclusively on phone, and while it does eat battery more than most other apps, half an hour only reduces my battery from say, 50% to 30%.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I have had the prayer to the lost winds catalyst or w/e it's called for years now

I guess I should probably use this? can I stick it on mona and have her replace xinqui or what

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Catalysts are weird in that all the 5* options are sorta weird and funky and it makes weapon choice awkward for a lot of users. For instance the Lost Prayer requires your character to be on field for 16 Seconds for it to build up to max stacks. It's inconvenient!

That said it's still a weapon with crit chance and high attack so it'll be good on any DPS focused characters (like Klee, Yanfei, Ningguang).

Mona doesn't really replace Xingqiu at all. Xingqiu still has way more hydro application. Mona's big utility is in her burst providing some beefy damage amplication on big hits. She's a little more niche in that regard.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
You can build a team around reverse-vape carry Mona to maximize your damage-per-screenshot and oneshot lots of stuff. I don't think she really does much when her burst is on cd though so she's unpopular in abyss where stuff doesn't get oneshot.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Catalysts are weird in that all the 5* options are sorta weird and funky and it makes weapon choice awkward for a lot of users. For instance the Lost Prayer requires your character to be on field for 16 Seconds for it to build up to max stacks. It's inconvenient!

It seems like Lost Prayer specifically is mostly good on a catalyst user who's a DPS carry, but unfortunately there aren't many of those. Like I guess it'd be good on Klee, Yanfei, Heizou, and Ningguang?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
It still has a 5* crit substat, so even on characters who can't use the passive at all like Yae it's an impressive stat stick. Kinda like how Redhorn outdamages WGS on Diluc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Ytlaya posted:

It seems like Lost Prayer specifically is mostly good on a catalyst user who's a DPS carry, but unfortunately there aren't many of those. Like I guess it'd be good on Klee, Yanfei, Heizou, and Ningguang?

I do have all of those people and Miko, I don't really use any of them though. I love Yanfei, but I've heard she's "bad" so I stopped using her