Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Upgrade posted:

Does anyone remember the thread where some goon poster their new enormous stomach tattoo (I think it was "HUG LIFE" as a tupac parody) and they said something like "this tattoo takes the cake!" and the first reply was "your stomach does too" and it was like 50 empty quotes?

was it like two people on bikes awkwardly hugging?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

shelley posted:

The Meat Ship

how the gently caress are all the images still intact

on flickr, which hasn't gone down and does allow hotlinking still i think

does anyone have any of the other SS13 stories like the clown to butt clones and all that stuff?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

was it like two people on bikes awkwardly hugging?

this is the one, right?

e: oh jeez

https://www.ebaumsworld.com/images/hug-life-tattoo/1049725/

Empty Sandwich fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Aug 2, 2022

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

Yes it was

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

pentyne posted:

Yeah I recognize those names

Also the Cuntellectual post

The Happy Thread quote is the one I was talking about earlier, where the IK thread in question was specifically open to GBS posters. Like even the most cursory examination and the whole thing just becomes a farce.

The funny thing was that this stupidity convinced me that there was basically no merit to the accusations being thrown around at all.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The fact that we can look back and it's basically 5-10 people max who are running the show and riling everyone up is a testament to how easy it is to take hold of a narrative if there isn't any support that pushes back.

I'll never forget the poster who went to Kiwifarms, took a screenshot of someone saying "yeah we're all from fyad" and then posted that here as proof that there was a 1:1 connection between fyad and a doxxing hellsite. When called out on it they basically said "I'll believe kiwifarms over anything fyad says because fyad can't be trusted"

Anarchist Mae posted:

I'm tired and stressed out hoping that the admins will actually do something about this more than hand out a few bans to people known for avoiding bans and using alts...

It's been a rough week for trans and enby peeps here, we just want to be safe, but of course fyad and KiwiFarms are doing their best to screw us over irl now.

I might try and write up everything once this is all over.

this is a good quote, they talk about it for a bit when the mod forum had been accidently made public and a bunch of mods were parroting the idea of fyad being a terror cell.

ArfJason posted:

"if you dont believe fyad and kiwifarms have a huge overlap i want to sell you a bridge" and "fyad would go and make fun of a dude grieving over his dead dog" turned me into the predator cause i started seeing shades of red invisible to the naked eye

pentyne fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Aug 2, 2022

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

pentyne posted:

they talk about it for a bit when the mod forum had been accidently made public
MAKE

IT

STING

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

sweet geek swag posted:

The Happy Thread quote is the one I was talking about earlier, where the IK thread in question was specifically open to GBS posters. Like even the most cursory examination and the whole thing just becomes a farce.

The funny thing was that this stupidity convinced me that there was basically no merit to the accusations being thrown around at all.

Dumb Lowtax/Happy Thread was doing that to a lot of people. He ran through a prior Sagas thread j'accuseing 3 or 4 people of being secret FYAD alts because they were making fun of him. He did it to a random poster in one of the trans threads because they'd been baited into FYAD and chain probed years before. Like at least that other poster that constantly flipped out and called random people nazis had a 5% success rate or something.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So its been a weird few years and I find it hard to remember when things happened cause of how crazy shits been since covid, when did The Troubles happen again? Was that within the past 2 years?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
just before covid

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Idk if this counts as a saga so my bad if not but any of you remember that sa mart thread from over a decade ago where a goon was trying to sell the testicles of his sphinx cats but refused to explain what people would buy them for? They kept talking about how only people who understood their worth would be willing to pay for them. The thread ended with the op saying that they found a buyer outside of SA and that SA members missed out on a great opportunity. The thread ended with the op posting that everyone really missed out, that it's not like a product like this grows on trees followed by a pic of a sphinx cat teabagging the monitor and the words "THEY GROW ON CATS"

I think it got goldmined. Funny thread. Hope others remember it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

no. no they could not.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I don't remember that at all, but if anyone finds that thread, please post a link

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nuns with Guns posted:

Dumb Lowtax/Happy Thread was doing that to a lot of people. He ran through a prior Sagas thread j'accuseing 3 or 4 people of being secret FYAD alts because they were making fun of him. He did it to a random poster in one of the trans threads because they'd been baited into FYAD and chain probed years before. Like at least that other poster that constantly flipped out and called random people nazis had a 5% success rate or something.

it was cool posting in CSPAM outside of my usual threads and having that guy see me and absolutely lose his mind and then people would get probated for telling him to stfu. good poo poo

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Arivia posted:

on flickr, which hasn't gone down and does allow hotlinking still i think

does anyone have any of the other SS13 stories like the clown to butt clones and all that stuff?

Here, have a loving audio rendition of butt clowns.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

KirbyKhan posted:

Frank Frank posted:

I’m wondering why no one has asked the obvious question as to whether or not Hedrigal is horny for Neopets.
Use more active voice and stick to things > 1 year

Do you think Hedrigal was horny for Neopets a year ago?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
ok

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Ok I think we can drop the topic of how horny another poster(s) is(are) and what they are horny for. This is also not an invitation extended to such poster(s) to discuss the same.

For all intents and purposes pls, I beg you, do not write me into slash fictions

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Ok I think we can drop the topic of how horny another poster(s) is(are) and what they are horny for. This is also not an invitation extended to such poster(s) to discuss the same.

For all intents and purposes pls, I beg you, do not write me into slash fictions

Ooooh, looooook, the rhino doesn't want people getting horny

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Tunicate posted:

Ooooh, looooook, the rhino doesn't want people getting horny

Well, I'm the mother-flippin' Rhymneoceros
My beats are phat, the birds are on my back and I'M HORNY, I'M HORNY!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The Saddest Rhino🦏 sighed 😕 as he 🥷drew his katana 🗡

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Idk if this counts as a saga so my bad if not but any of you remember that sa mart thread from over a decade ago where a goon was trying to sell the testicles of his sphinx cats but refused to explain what people would buy them for? They kept talking about how only people who understood their worth would be willing to pay for them. The thread ended with the op saying that they found a buyer outside of SA and that SA members missed out on a great opportunity. The thread ended with the op posting that everyone really missed out, that it's not like a product like this grows on trees followed by a pic of a sphinx cat teabagging the monitor and the words "THEY GROW ON CATS"

I think it got goldmined. Funny thread. Hope others remember it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3202801

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
SomethingAwful AU where the forums are ready player one, but it's all written with the rules of the omegaverse.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't know what that means but I'm pretty sure if you explain it it's going to skeeze me out. Please stfu.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Thank you so much

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Larry Parrish posted:

I don't know what that means but I'm pretty sure if you explain it it's going to skeeze me out. Please stfu.

buddy, i wish i had no idea what the preceding post meant or implied

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

The only funny thing about the omegaverse is that it ended up being a big deal for copyright and fair use laws, which means a bunch of IP lawyers and judges had to read about it. I find that loving hilarious.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Anybody got any sweet forum tricks on how to make :buddy: the thread title?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
It's incredibly skeezy, and I will not be explaining it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Then why are you even mentioning it? What's wrong with you?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I don't know what the Omegaverse is supposed to be, and I refuse to learn. Best to just move on and never think of this again.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Y'know, Columbo is a really good television show. Do you think Peter Falk was a goon?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
It's just a tumblr meme to joke about it, it didn't land, I won't bring it up again.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

As a way to cleanse the palate, I offer up one of my favorite variations on a theme: Seinfeld in _______ setting. This one is in the Fallout universe. Yes, I contributed content to this thread, not that there's anything wrong with that!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3813124

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Frank Frank posted:

Hey when the goatse man starts posting about how he wants to bone Bugs Bunny, you won’t be laughing.

(Because he’s dead and that would be spooky RIP)

bugs bunny is dead? :ohdear:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Zetsubou-san posted:

bugs bunny is dead? :ohdear:

Mel Blanc is dead as a doornail (as is the goatse man).

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Does anyone know the story behind this 15 year old video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcdWlPz5ixk

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Desert Bus posted:

Does anyone know the story behind this 15 year old video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcdWlPz5ixk

One of the guys in the video popped up and posted about it the last time this was brought up but I'm having trouble finding it.

E: I'm 99% sure it was in the "tribute to Lowtax" goldmined thread

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Aug 2, 2022

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Tangentially saga-related but somebody started a Twitter account that's literally just this thread, and today they posted a big reveal and lmfao its loving Guy Mann running the account

Vvvvvv My bad if so, I just found out they remade this thread again and I don't want to crap it up!

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Aug 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

sounds like something that happened within the last year to me. get 'em, everyone! break their legs!

(also i think that got discussed like last week)