Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ouroboros
Apr 23, 2011
My mum, despite some melty tendencies is pretty left wing but is tragically devoted to the Lib Dems. It is an interesting thought though, because as lovely as they are I'm not entirely sure you could say that over the course of my lifetime they've been overall further to the right than Labour have. The left leaning faction of the Lib Dems don't really seem that objectionable to me, and while I prefer a leftist Labour party as under Corbyn, the truth is that from my perspective the Corbyn era seems like a brief aberration from solid blocks of New Labour dogshit. I can certainly see her argument when she defends the Lib Dems from that perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Truss is Live on Sky promising gold plated unicorns.
Someone in the audience asked '"Where is the money going to come from to pay for all this?"
Liz: "From our businesses and enterprise!"

UK hosed.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Cheese businesses and cheese enterprise.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

WhatEvil posted:

Post-me-own-tweets Dibbler:

https://twitter.com/WhatEvil/status/1554180953261674497?s=20&t=LjsY6qWuyAsrnq--TeLJrA

(Cause it's easier than separately uploading the image again).

I got an invite to that. It's a GB News show I think

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

WhatEvil posted:

Post-me-own-tweets Dibbler:

https://twitter.com/WhatEvil/status/1554180953261674497?s=20&t=LjsY6qWuyAsrnq--TeLJrA

(Cause it's easier than separately uploading the image again).

maybe but we can't read it :colbert:

(still can't read it tbh :colbert:)

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

that guy doesn't look a thing like Rumpole, something's off

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Be funny if truss wins and then ushers in luxury space communism.

No, not after the massive nuclear war from the star trek timeline. No!! *monkey's paw curls*

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Microplastics posted:

maybe but we can't read it :colbert:

(still can't read it tbh :colbert:)

quote:

MINISTRY OF OFFENCE
With the left and right forever going on the offensive, it’s time to restore some order.

At the Ministry of Offence, we invite two teams – one left-leaning, the other right-leaning – to battle it out through the medium of comedy.

This good-natured, quick-witted weekly quiz is hosted by the calm and level-headed Steve N. Allen (as seen on The Mash Report). Our team captains are lefty Diane Spencer and righty Leo Kearse, who will each be joined by a new comedian comrade-in-arms every week.

Leo Kearse is about as funny as finding out you've got arse cancer:

https://twitter.com/LeoKearse/status/1553791174573424648?s=20&t=G_8WbHqCMAbGs9YsCkLQ_g
https://twitter.com/LeoKearse/status/1552702915449593860?s=20&t=G_8WbHqCMAbGs9YsCkLQ_g

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Just looked at the timeline of that so-called comedian. Is he one of these right wing 'comedians'? No wonder there aren't many of them, just not funny.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Mebh posted:

Be funny if truss wins and then ushers in luxury space communism.

No, not after the massive nuclear war from the star trek timeline. No!! *monkey's paw curls*

At least we could get some of the sick 'fits of the WW3 soldiers

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Just looked at the timeline of that so-called comedian. Is he one of these right wing 'comedians'? No wonder there aren't many of them, just not funny.

When he first said he wanted to be a right wing comedian, everyone laughed. They're not laughing now!

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

this is a parody, right?

.....right?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Julio Cruz posted:

this is a parody, right?

.....right?

quote:

“A triumphant hour of outrageous and dark jokes, not pushing but gleefully running straight through the boundaries of taste and acceptability in today’s “woke” culture - BRITISH COMEDY GUIDE RECOMMENDED SHOW”

Apparently not.

I snipped the sun so you don't have to.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Aug 1, 2022

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

I laughed :(

I sucked my laugh back in so hard it collapsed my lung :stare:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Leo K. Arse

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Necrothatcher posted:

I got an invite to that. It's a GB News show I think
You're right, it's GB News. There are full episodes of the show on Youtube.

Also agreeing with the "Leo Kearse isn't funny" sentiment.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

I like that boro is just uninhabitable wasteland apparently.
I think boro was right on the border between Brigantes and Parisi territories, which is apt as it is apparently originally named as a mid way point.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
What's the deal with the Cornovii being in two different places?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
landsend to john ogroats marketing scheme

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

David Rosenberg's analysis of the Forde report. (Left wing, Jewish, resigned from Labour Party a couple of months ago).

https://rebellion602.wordpress.com/2022/07/31/keep-the-focus-on-forde/

quote:

At a demonstration earlier this year, by chance, I bumped into a former Labour MP and veteran activist, unafraid to speak out about Palestine, whom I hadn’t seen for ages, and we had a lively chat. She told me about her neighbour’s deep frustration about the endless delays regarding the publication of the Forde Report. Her neighbour was Martin Forde.

etc

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

This is a war crime.

https://twitter.com/gbnews/status/1553469868380504067

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

He has to put "comedian" in his display name because nobody would be able to tell otherwise.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

a pipe smoking dog posted:

What's the deal with the Cornovii being in two different places?

Going by the name it's the original Kernow that extended all the way up to the Midlands before other tribes cleft them in twain.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
how the gently caress is liz truss nearly prime minister LOL

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

crispix posted:

how the gently caress is theresa may nearly prime minister LOL
how the gently caress is boris johnson nearly prime minister LOL
how the gently caress is liz truss nearly prime minister LOL

Same

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

tbh you should add the condom man because he was also a loving fraud

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Dabir posted:

He has to put "comedian" in his display name because nobody would be able to tell otherwise.

And yet he didn't have to put the word "arse" in his display name, since everyone would be able to tell otherwise.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
More violence for the senses.

Dunno if top bit or bottom bit is worse, tee bee aitch.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
as A Trans I can 100% confirm that this televisual proof of women existing has massively undermined the secret trans agenda. we had almost fooled the world into believing that approx 50% of the population was a myth and an illusion but now we have been forever defeated

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Dabir posted:

Yep.

Good comedians know how to make people laugh. Leo Kearse makes a specific type of person feel satisfied that he agrees with them. Hes a hack and that first tweet is proof. Hes not making a joke, hes just trying to get a reaction.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
There's a Starmer waiting in the sky
He'd like to come and meet us
But he'd have to grow a spine
There's a Starmer waiting in the sky
He told us he will sack us
If we join the picket line
He told me
Let the Tories lose it
Let the Tories use it
Let all the Tories boujee

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Gorn Myson posted:

Yep.

Good comedians know how to make people laugh. Leo Kearse makes a specific type of person feel satisfied that he agrees with them. Hes a hack and that first tweet is proof. Hes not making a joke, hes just trying to get a reaction.

"I went to see Leo Kearse recently."
"Oh yeah, was he funny?"
"No but I agreed the gently caress out of it."

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

TBH I don't like the sugar tax and wish it was gone, let me eat myself to death if I want to, none of the government's bloody business.

If you want people to eat better then make better food more available, just making the nice food that's already there more expensive is loving shite.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Can't have the poors having nice things though, or being healthy and long lived.

Those are things for the "smart" , wealthy, power holding folks. You see its not enough to have all the money and power, you have to remove all joy from those beneath you, and if you manage it, they proved you right by allowing it. If they were your equal you see, they'd be doing it too!

At least i assume that's the logical loop the fuckers go through.

I'd like a revolution now. Some storming of the bastille and a few heads on pikes please, in roblox naturally.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Strong stuff in the torygraph! (Link removes paywall)

Talk of failed elites? In the torygraph?

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F...ailed-elites%2F

quote:

A catastrophic energy crisis will fuel a revolt against our failed elites
Politicians cannot shirk responsibility now for the extreme hardship millions of people are about to face

But it is Britain where things could truly blow.

The UK may well be the tinderbox of Europe.

A civil disobedience movement, inspired by the poll tax revolt, has already been launched here in the UK. The Don’t Pay campaign, which is urging people to join a “mass non-payment strike” when the energy price cap is raised in October, has gained thousands of online supporters.

And if it does take off, what are the authorities going to be able to do about it?

This may sound like a grim prognosis, but particularly in Britain it does feel as if we just may have entered the final act of an economic system that has patently failed. It is clearer than ever that the emperor has no clothes and has no more stories to distract us with.

source:
torygraph/news/2022/08/01/catastrophic-energy-crisis-will-fuel-revolt-against-failed-elites/

Just looked up a bit more about the journo who wrote this. Seems she's very right wing on the whole so I expect her idea of who the elites are might be a bit different from other people's.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Aug 2, 2022

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I'll laugh if this ends in a frantic renationalisation of the utilities by a panicking Conservative government.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Pistol_Pete posted:

I'll laugh if this ends in a frantic renationalisation of the utilities by a panicking Conservative government.
Hurf blurf Laburr wull ruvurse this uncomputituve and wusteful uf public muney policy and unurgise the puwer of the free market blurf wurf.

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Strong stuff in the torygraph! (Link removes paywall)

Talk of failed elites? In the torygraph?

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F...ailed-elites%2F

source:
torygraph/news/2022/08/01/catastrophic-energy-crisis-will-fuel-revolt-against-failed-elites/

Just looked up a bit more about the journo who wrote this. Seems she's very right wing on the whole so I expect her idea of who the elites are might be a bit different from other people's.

Yeah except Sherelle Jacobs is straight up fash so its 'globalists' and net zero to blame

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

I like how those could be the channel numbers, or the viewership for each.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Holy hell, that GB News clip. They couldn't even rustle up enough of an audience to fake canned laughter, so you can just hear the other participants awkwardly guffawing at the 'jokes'. Then they name one of the sections 'Mass debate', a joke which is made and then dismissed forever by most people when they're in about Year 10.