Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

TeenageArchipelago posted:

wishing that there was a game were you played a bollard and your job was to raise in front of cars to stop them from entering a crossing when pedestrians had the right of way, which was always

there was a starcraft 2 flash(?) game like this but the bollard was a supply depot and cars were represented by zerglings and hydralisks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lobster shirt posted:

in addition to hating cars i also hate, trucks

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

cool av posted:

there was a starcraft 2 flash(?) game like this but the bollard was a supply depot and cars were represented by zerglings and hydralisks

I also hate zerg

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

important question: are tanks cars?

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

mawarannahr posted:

I've always felt like the T-34 was pretty bikelike

but something like an abrams

is undeniably a lifted SUV

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

mawarannahr posted:

imo once you put tracks on something it stops being a car and becomes something else

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
man your positions, frosted flake megapost incoming

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

are tanks with treads (something a pedestrian does) potentially unrecognized types of pedestrians?

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

vyelkin posted:

imo once you put tracks on something it stops being a car and becomes something else

I dunno I think I still hate it

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Dog Case posted:

I dunno I think I still hate it

in addition to cars, you are allowed to hate other forms of personal motor vehicles itt

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

mawarannahr posted:

bicycles aren’t pedestrians and it’s really annoying to pedestrians when they cut through stop signs and reds, especially when other types of cars have stopped at these and you’re already walking across.

Bikes should yield to pedestrians, yes

If someone's half way across a crosswalk I will go through behind them

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

tanks have an engine and only fit 2-4 occupants. this is carpooling at best. so they are automobiles

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

This is a longboard

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

TeenageArchipelago posted:

This is a longboard

no, that's a razor scooter

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

jetz0r posted:

no, that's a razor scooter

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Cup Runneth Over posted:

tanks have an engine and only fit 2-4 occupants. this is carpooling at best. so they are automobiles

on the car alignment chart this lands in the radical automobile anarchy square

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

lil poopendorfer posted:

you have the lake shore paths immediately adjacent too it , why tf would any non-car go on the drive? There are two paths, one for pedestrians and one for cyclists. I don't even think pedestrians or cyclists are allowed on LSD tbh

of all the issues with Chicago, it's a decent city regarding not driving

It's better than most, but post-lockdown the drivers here are loving lunatics. The amount of me-me-me aggressive tailgating, red light blowing, complete abivalence towards anything in the street that isn't another car is off the charts.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

vyelkin posted:

on the car alignment chart this lands in the radical automobile anarchy square

On the bright side IFVs count as public transport

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Gabagool posted:

It's better than most, but post-lockdown the drivers here are loving lunatics. The amount of me-me-me aggressive tailgating, red light blowing, complete abivalence towards anything in the street that isn't another car is off the charts.

Yeah I see Risky stuff that makes my eyes bug out like 1-2x a week and I drive like 100 miles a week lol

Just the other day I saw two cars weave through a railroad crossing w the barriers down and the train in sight at like 6am. I was so shocked at what I had witnessed

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Crosspostin'

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Three Olives posted:

Several hours ago I nearly rear-ended a truck because they made a sudden stop and had tinted their taillights , I have literally spent hours trying to understand why someone would do something so stupid, so blatantly and intentionally against their own self-interest, it's like frosting your side mirrors for aesthetics.

Eventually this lead me to Google if tinting taillights was honestly a thing, like, this has to be the dumbest gently caress on earth and...

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

My dog and I almost got run over by a recession burning rubber and spinning out and trashing some dude's lawn in a souped up Dodge Charger

I loving hate lawns and I loving hate cars

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Lib and let die posted:

My dog and I almost got run over by a recession burning rubber and spinning out and trashing some dude's lawn in a souped up Dodge Charger

boy do I have the car for you

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
What if it was a lawn full of bollards?

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

What if it was a lawn full of bollards?

Bollards need to be in their natural environment, the road, where they can freely hunt their natural prey

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

the classic 'MAX POWER magazine' chav-mobile method of tinting lights on the cheap was to stretch a pair of tights over them.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Tinting your tail lights seems about as sensible putting a plastic cover over your furniture.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Lib and let die posted:

charger is bitchmade. should just go all the way and get the full bore racism car, the challenger. really make a statement

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Maed posted:

boy do I have the car for you

phenomenal car for dogs to poo poo on, 10/10.

Smythe posted:

charger is bitchmade. should just go all the way and get the full bore racism car, the challenger. really make a statement

:emptyquote:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

https://twitter.com/grescoe/status/1553826221053681666

https://twitter.com/grescoe/status/1554167136230277121

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
https://twitter.com/runolgarun/status/1554164160644009985?s=20&t=Kfq20aRfF3hMfm5B5Kl4FQ

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

this has been known for years. there was a study like 10 years ago with the exact same stuff

i sometimes miss my old 2001 shitbox accord with an oem-unpainted broken front bumper and hosed up backbumper. one of the best things about driving a clearly hosed up "poor car" is that rich people do not gently caress with you or try to play stupid bitch games like cutting you off or swinging to a last-resort merge lane to get back over 1 car-space infront, or trying to zoom around in a residential area because you were only going 30 in a 25. it's the great equalizer because they also know it's a losing proposition.

fwiw most other shitbox cars i see also drive like rich ppl purposely making their 25 mpg car get like 8 mpg instead and blowing past peds.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Xaris posted:

this has been known for years. there was a study like 10 years ago with the exact same stuff

i sometimes miss my old 2001 shitbox accord with an oem-unpainted broken front bumper and hosed up backbumper. one of the best things about driving a clearly hosed up "poor car" is that rich people do not gently caress with you or try to play stupid bitch games like cutting you off or swinging to a last-resort merge lane to get back over 1 car-space infront, or trying to zoom around in a residential area because you were only going 30 in a 25. it's the great equalizer because they also know it's a losing proposition.

fwiw most other shitbox cars i see also drive like rich ppl purposely making their 25 mpg car get like 8 mpg instead and blowing past peds.

that wasn't my experience driving my 2002 shitbox civic.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Warms my heart

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

whooaaaa people who buy rear end in a top hat cars drive like assholes? science astounds us again

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Mayor Dave posted:

Warms my heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NshkTTxffL0

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
man that song takes me back. kinda reminds me of pete and pete for some reason

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
pete and pete was such a nice show. a show about kindness. makes me sentimental

Buck Turgidson