Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Another Stocard user here. It works pretty good for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Stocard looks nice, but after the first card, it won't let me add any others to Apple Wallet?

And Pass4Wallet is ok too, but I hate that the Apple Wallet automatically stacks all of the card from Pass4Wallet into a single stack that you have to swipe through horizontally.

Why do you make this so hard, Apple :mad:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Speaking of store apps (kinda) I just started using the 7-11 one (again) in Canada and I love it. They've added a lot of features since I used it last and the best thing is the mobile checkout which works great.

Usually when I go for a slurpee when it's hot there is a lineup of folks and this way I can bypass all that, it rocks.

I hoard my 7-11 points like a miser though I don't know why..

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

priznat posted:

Speaking of store apps (kinda) I just started using the 7-11 one (again) in Canada and I love it. They've added a lot of features since I used it last and the best thing is the mobile checkout which works great.

Usually when I go for a slurpee when it's hot there is a lineup of folks and this way I can bypass all that, it rocks.

I hoard my 7-11 points like a miser though I don't know why..

This post made me check my app and there's now 2 stores in the country that have Pay & Go!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

~Coxy posted:

This post made me check my app and there's now 2 stores in the country that have Pay & Go!

Is that in the US because all the ones around here in BC Canada have em. It would probably mean it’s coming as lots of companies trial run stuff in Canada with the smaller market.

It’s great just scan barcode with camera, pay with apple pay and then show phone barcode to a little box by the door and it glows green. Really makes it fast and convenient.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

OldSenileGuy posted:

Stocard looks nice, but after the first card, it won't let me add any others to Apple Wallet?

And Pass4Wallet is ok too, but I hate that the Apple Wallet automatically stacks all of the card from Pass4Wallet into a single stack that you have to swipe through horizontally.

Why do you make this so hard, Apple :mad:

Oh yeah that is annoying. There is a workaround: you can give cards a 'color'. Then cards with the same color sit together (you only see the color in the top right). So I have a stack of cards I use a lot and a stack I rarely use.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Apple serious needs some built-in way to just generate your own Wallet passes rather than assume every small shop or conncert venue is gonna make their own app for making cards.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

priznat posted:

Is that in the US because all the ones around here in BC Canada have em. It would probably mean it’s coming as lots of companies trial run stuff in Canada with the smaller market.

It’s great just scan barcode with camera, pay with apple pay and then show phone barcode to a little box by the door and it glows green. Really makes it fast and convenient.

AU

Will be good because it means I will be able to get a sugarfree slurpee without having to line up behind a gaggle of highschool kids.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Question Mark Mound posted:

Apple serious needs some built-in way to just generate your own Wallet passes rather than assume every small shop or conncert venue is gonna make their own app for making cards.

It would be nice but what I’d really want is more granular control to make geofences to have cards automatically come up when you’re at the store in question. Lowe’s does this and it’s super convenient. Can’t see it being viable unless they hook it into their maps service or something.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Warbird posted:

It would be nice but what I’d really want is more granular control to make geofences to have cards automatically come up when you’re at the store in question. Lowe’s does this and it’s super convenient. Can’t see it being viable unless they hook it into their maps service or something.

Stocard will pull up cards using geofencing, which is why left unattended it will eat battery like few other apps.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Does anyone know that guy who does a huge blog post every year comparing 3rd party Apple Music apps? and if you do what's the link to it? Can't find it for the life of me

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

101 posted:

Does anyone know that guy who does a huge blog post every year comparing 3rd party Apple Music apps? and if you do what's the link to it? Can't find it for the life of me

Are these alternate players? I’m curious about that now, what kind of things do they add or change?

I read an article saying apple music is putting ads for their other radio shows in playlists and stuff which really sucks. I haven’t had that pop ip yet but I hope they shelve that idea! I could understand on their radio stations but a playlist? Nah. Also short interview clips with artists about a track which really doesn’t need to be in a playlist either thanks.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

101 posted:

I've been half-heartedly trying to remember who does these for a while now and couldn't remember! Glad someone asked, wish I had an answer.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

priznat posted:

Are these alternate players? I’m curious about that now, what kind of things do they add or change?

So I'm a Spotify user but I'm trying to move over to AM since I already have Apple One. My main use case for using Marvis is Last FM scrobbling but it doesn't have a CarPlay app so I'm looking for one that does.

I also keep requesting native AM Last FM support in the feedback app and if anyone else feels like doing that maybe it'll happen? Spotify and Tidal both have it.

sleepwalkers posted:

I've been half-heartedly trying to remember who does these for a while now and couldn't remember! Glad someone asked, wish I had an answer.

Yeah my Google-fu is seriously failing me

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

101 posted:

So I'm a Spotify user but I'm trying to move over to AM since I already have Apple One. My main use case for using Marvis is Last FM scrobbling but it doesn't have a CarPlay app so I'm looking for one that does.

I also keep requesting native AM Last FM support in the feedback app and if anyone else feels like doing that maybe it'll happen? Spotify and Tidal both have it.

Yeah my Google-fu is seriously failing me

found it:

https://barrowclift.me/post/fourth-annual-ios-music-player-showcase

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Cheers. Looks like nothing will really give me what I want, which is essentially just the stock app or Marvis with CarPlay support.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Seems like PIP on youtube has been enabled. Thought I somehow gamed the system when it started working this morning only to see that they’re slowly rolling it out for all users now.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

RhoA posted:

Seems like PIP on youtube has been enabled.
[…]
they’re slowly rolling it out for all users now.

I believe this is still ”all users in the USA”.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Froist posted:

I have it again in Canada.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Froist posted:

:rip:

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Warbird posted:

You can do this using Pass4Wallet! They're not super-accurate though. I live in a town in Europe with lots of small shops bunched together and it's not useful for me. It uses apple's own location-checking (like what they use for geofenced reminders) so it hardly uses battery as far as I can tell.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I guess there's already been some talk about this, but I can't add a card to pay with Apple Pay at all right now. iPhone SE2, latest iOS and all that.

My old card has worked fine for years, but the phone won't verify this new card I got today, just keeps throwing out some vague errors every time I ask it to verify it. It's not the card's fault, I know that. What can I do here?

E: Nevermind, had to open my bank's app manually because Wallet wouldn't open it itself despite saying it would.

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 3, 2022

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Does anyone have a Spam Call Blocker app that they recommend? I'm tired of getting multiple spam calls a day, but I'm wary of simply turning on "Silence Unknown Callers" on my phone because I don't want to miss the odd call that's NOT spam but also NOT in my contacts list. (For example, I got a call the other day from my building's management company that I would not have wanted to miss - I only picked up because the number was local and didn't appear to be a spam number.)

Edit: I guess I could just turn on “Silence Unknown Callers” and assume that any ‘real’ callers that aren’t in my contact list will leave a voicemail. But if there’s a spam blocker app that works seamlessly, that’d probably be nicer.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

OldSenileGuy posted:

Does anyone have a Spam Call Blocker app that they recommend? I'm tired of getting multiple spam calls a day, but I'm wary of simply turning on "Silence Unknown Callers" on my phone because I don't want to miss the odd call that's NOT spam but also NOT in my contacts list. (For example, I got a call the other day from my building's management company that I would not have wanted to miss - I only picked up because the number was local and didn't appear to be a spam number.)

Edit: I guess I could just turn on “Silence Unknown Callers” and assume that any ‘real’ callers that aren’t in my contact list will leave a voicemail. But if there’s a spam blocker app that works seamlessly, that’d probably be nicer.

T-Mobile has one called Scam Shield that is great. I am unsure if you can use it without TMo though.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

I think every carrier has an application that tries to mitigate spam callers. On ATT I have one (ATT Call Protect, IIRC), and while I still seem to get them, a lot are named “SPAM RISK” and I’ve yet to miss an expected call that was erroneously flagged as such in 2ish years of having it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Goddamnit, I'm getting ads in Outlook now :negative: I figured this day would come eventually, but still, I've been using it/loving it for years.

What's the best email app that has Gmail push and no ads? I'll pay a few bucks if I have to.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Rageaholic posted:

Goddamnit, I'm getting ads in Outlook now :negative: I figured this day would come eventually, but still, I've been using it/loving it for years.

What's the best email app that has Gmail push and no ads? I'll pay a few bucks if I have to.

Where are you seeing ads out of curiosity? I have a personal office 365 subscription, wonder if that's supressing them.

Otherwise interested in this as well, the gmail app for iOS seems bleh.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Maneki Neko posted:

Where are you seeing ads out of curiosity? I have a personal office 365 subscription, wonder if that's supressing them.

Otherwise interested in this as well, the gmail app for iOS seems bleh.
At the top of my inbox. Just started seeing them today.

Of course I just went to look and now it seems to have disappeared :doh: But there was a message I didn't recognize at the top of my inbox and the word "Ad" appeared in blue next to it.

https://mspoweruser.com/microsoft-throws-switch-which-activate-banner-ads-in-outlook-mobile/

quote:

During our tests, we were seeing ads on email accounts which were not a part of the Office 365 plan and are free.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

I’m also shopping around for a different email app seeing as my work requires Outlook with some pretty specific permissions/settings and I want to separate my work/personal email accounts. I’ve been using Edison recently, which is decent.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I'd probably just use Gmail if they supported promotion in the message view.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Been using Airmail for several years now on iOS and MacOS and have been happy with it.

https://airmailapp.com

They have a yearly subscription for pro features but it’s only $10/year

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I used to use outlook but now I just use the mail app. That being said; I haven’t tried connecting my gmail to it - I use the gmail app for that. Gmail is a secondary account for me; I only use it for sites that I really don’t want having my main email.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I'm looking for an app that can help me organize some projects/tasks. I'd like to have organize in groups, with each group having its own history, task list, and reminders. I feel like there are a billion of these and they all do something different, so I figured I'd ask here while I'm looking on the app store.

Hm...Microsoft To Do actually looks really useful and nice for this.

EC fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Aug 19, 2022

Violator
May 15, 2003

Things (simple task tracking) and OmniFocus (complex task tracking) are good and popular. I’ve used both through the years. People also like Todoist.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I also like TickTick, or if you want like more Kanban style tracking something like Trello (though I’ve only used it on desktop).

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
GoodTask?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

is there an ad blocker that gets around “You’re using an ad blocker! gently caress you and here’s how to disable it.” 1Blocker doesn’t seem to work very well for me. Is AdGuard any better and are there any other worthy alternatives?

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

is there an ad blocker that gets around “You’re using an ad blocker! gently caress you and here’s how to disable it.” 1Blocker doesn’t seem to work very well for me. Is AdGuard any better and are there any other worthy alternatives?

You could use uBlock Origin in Firefox to block that element. A lot of times though sites will have things in place that stop the page from scrolling until that box is gone.

Works on both desktop and mobile!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

cage-free egghead posted:

You could use uBlock Origin in Firefox to block that element. A lot of times though sites will have things in place that stop the page from scrolling until that box is gone.

I thought firefox addons weren't allowed in ios? Did that change?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

cage-free egghead posted:

Oh I should have mentioned I want this for iOS safari

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I thought firefox addons weren't allowed in ios? Did that change?

Pretty sure they haven’t so it’s odd to recommend in the iOS apps thread. Firefox on iOS is basically a safari reskin.

mawarannahr fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Aug 24, 2022