Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
I like how the defense is going over the awesome things this woman has done and accomplished. Really going to look good once he starts attacking her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
The court should order Alex to wear a mask in that room he's going to infect them all.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

I'm guessing they aren't objecting for irrelevance because this lawyer is just hanging himself with his own rope?

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

StrangersInTheNight posted:

calling it, they're going to go with 'you used it for political gain'

This is the most monstrous direction this could be taken, so of loving course.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Youth Decay posted:

I'm guessing they aren't objecting for irrelevance because this lawyer is just hanging himself with his own rope?

Yeah I think so

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

NecroBob posted:

the gently caress is the relevance of this?

You had all these comforting things that happened to you so surely the distress you have from my client can't be thaaaaaat bad right?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/openargs/status/1554548968389877762?s=20&t=JI6h3nmWqHZhhBcvw1sLdg

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
When is Alex Jones taking the stand , because all I see is this woman here?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Yeah, this is the correct legal strategy. You do not have to cross examine every witness. You should only cross examine witnesses when it benefits you. If opposing counsel puts on a witness that is extremely harmful to your case and you have no legitimate way of challenging them, you loving ignore the witness and don't give them any more attention.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
but madame....didn't you get to meet the dalai lama????

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

Hollismason posted:

They usually have people go up one at a time. So probably after her.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Tree Dude posted:

The court should order Alex to wear a mask in that room he's going to infect them all.

I just remembered that he had no problem giving his entire crew Covid.

Somehow this will be Bill Gates's fault.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Hollismason posted:

As soon as he's done with this cross examination and she answers a few questions posed by the jury.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Lawlicaust posted:

Yeah, this is the correct legal strategy. You do not have to cross examine every witness. You should only cross examine witnesses when it benefits you. If opposing counsel puts on a witness that is extremely harmful to your case and you have no legitimate way of challenging them, you loving ignore the witness and don't give them any more attention.
Then Alex Jones doesn't pay you because you weren't a fighter.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
I hope he coughs so hard he dislodges the clot in that socket

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Lawlicaust posted:

Counterpoint: Alex is sitting right there

That's why he's doing it

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Nessus posted:

Then Alex Jones doesn't pay you because you weren't a fighter.

Well, no attorney that understands legal strategy would take him as a client either.

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003
Did you physically see the JPG from the InfoWars server with your own eyeballs? No? Then how can you say it exists? Or grasp the context? :smug:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

There's still two hours or so today (there'll be a break soon) so it's possible Alex will be on the stand, but maybe not until tomorrow

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
This is easily some of the worst decision making by an attorney ever. This is insane how bad it is.

Lol the plaintiff's attorney didn't even fully stand up because he knew the question was so bad and would be shut down

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

B-Rock452 posted:

This is easily some of the worst decision making by an attorney ever. This is insane how bad it is.

They are going for an insanity plea. All of them. The entire defense team.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
"You know what lawyers can do. I'm not telling you how to do this" lmao

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe
lmao "I'm not telling you how to do this"

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

"You know what lawyers can do."

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Seth Pecksniff posted:

"You know what lawyers can do. I'm not telling you how to do this" lmao

not sure i can agree with the judge here tbh

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Wait, what did he just try to do and got shut down for? I missed it.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
trump and jones are very similar in that they're able to find the absolute worst people, who are willing to do horrendous things for money, and then make even them uncomfortable enough with his requests that he must enforce his will by being an intimidating authoritarian presence, constantly reminding them that the price for their failure is to be excommunicated and to have sold their souls to the devil and not even gotten the payment for it.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
nice

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
maybe this guy is just going to run the clock down and home that something happens between 5pm and tomorrow morning that will further delay things, possibly that the entire universe blinks out of existance.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

You just want this money so you can afford to keep going to therapy over your dead son!

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003
Wow, he's really going for the "you just want alex jones to pay for your therapy" angle

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Dinosaurs! posted:

You just want this money so you can afford to keep going to therapy over your dead son!

and to enrich your non-profit that offers therapy & emotional intelligence training for children in order to prevent future school shootings by specifically not approaching the gun control angle!

lol she could not have built something more bullet-proof for his conspiracy theories

EDIT: oh wait no i guess he could go for 'brainwashing our children' (there's school curiculum portions) and 'feminizing boys' poo poo bc uggggh he's literally got a conspiracy for everything, that's the convenience of not making sense. goddamn what a shitheel jones is. luckily i don't think his lawyer is smart enough to dig into that.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Aug 2, 2022

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!
Alternatively, "150 mill? You only need a few hundred k for your therapy"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

Jerk McJerkface posted:

maybe this guy is just going to run the clock down and home that something happens between 5pm and tomorrow morning that will further delay things, possibly that the entire universe blinks out of existance.

That honestly has to be it, this has no relevance whatsoever. He's now just listing her accomplishments and what she's done to honor her kid.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

I'll add this to the OP but I wanted the thread up before Alex testified if I could - :siren: the Alex Jones Sucks Commemorative Chili Cookoff thread is now live :siren:

KitConstantine fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Aug 2, 2022

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!
We're doing the Hillary Scarlett's speaking fee now

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe
lol she's cutting off his "you profit off your dead son" poo poo

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

You're actually getting rich off of your kid's murder, aren't you?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
This man is just performing the entirety of salo as a one man show, for his career and honestly probably his private life.