Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Zeruel posted:

I haven't checked it on the website but it seems like it works as intended on the app

Four quarters of an image, then when you click on them each expands into its own set of pictures? That's what it does on PC and I found it pretty neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Bruceski posted:

Four quarters of an image, then when you click on them each expands into its own set of pictures? That's what it does on PC and I found it pretty neat.

Yeah that's what it did for me on mobile. I thought it was a neat effect and more people should do it, however it works.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Some Spoilers for Endwalker zones/dungeons here, but otherwise this is incredible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOTYLLZMiPg

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

SuperKlaus posted:

I got a new keyboard with a column of six buttons to the left of Esc & Tab & company. I really don't know what to do with them because I had a control scheme to which I've become accustomed with my old, normal keyboard. What do any of you do with similar keys? I'm wondering maybe I'll find them easier than shift+number for some skills? Or will I keep hitting Esc when I mean G1?

i had one of those for a while and the only key i ever bound to it was "M" for opening maps in games

now i have capslock bound to M instead

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Shogeton posted:

I had a commission done. Sadly, lacking any kind of social media presence, all I can do is put them in front of everyone!

(Some FE3H spoilers)

https://twitter.com/shogeton/status/1553312583452598272

https://twitter.com/shogeton/status/1553312679472898049

https://twitter.com/shogeton/status/1553312746350968832

These are great!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If you missed the DGKK concert last night, I just finished uploading it here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9XSK6a8n_o

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Someone help, I've never seen anything that makes less sense than DRK pvp. How do you even survive 1 person hitting you? I get that plunge + Salted Earthx2 should lock someone down if they've already used Purify, but what if it doesn't? You also don't have enough self-heals to justify ever hitting shadowbringer. Everyone moves so much! getting shadowbringer, quietus or eventide to land is an ordeal. my first 2 matches I died so many times I didn't even get to limit break

A Moose fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Aug 2, 2022

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
The first step is to hotkey Recuperate and Guard and learn to time them because actual class based tank/healing abilities are supplementary, not your primary survivability. Like if a War or Gnb try to be as tanky as possible they can stall the enemy deleting them out a bit, a Drk and Pld can do it a lot more but you're not actually like doing a prolonged fight with crowd focus on you entirely on -20% damage taken and some 4-8k absorbs and heals. The best advice I got from this thread is that your HP is your resource bar and when you're out of mana for recup you need to back off and restore it.

Then I'm pretty sure DRK gets some abilities that let them throw their health out in exchange for the buff they gained rather than killing themselves, though you should learn when you can get away with extra shadowbringers without putting yourself at too much risk.

As for people moving don't think about your aoes as being reliably more than single target even if you toss them into a crowd. More of a happy accident. The number of times I've pitched like a 5 yard circle into a group and seen one damage number is quite high, let alone lined up a line aoe. It happens, sure, but latency is the judge and not you. You see a good opportunity, you take the shot but don't rely on it or overextend for it. So you can do your stuff in a crowd or hotly contested fight(i.e. on a point/crystal, then yeah you're gonna clip multiples) or single target somebody and the rest are happy incidental cleaves.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Aug 2, 2022

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

DRK can't really 1v1 people unless you're chasing down someone who's weak, your forte is team fights. Make sure you're using Plunge to debuff the enemy and get a fat heal when they die, and make sure you're smashing TBN on cooldown.

And yeah mash Recuperate to bits. When you run out of MP, especially if you also used your Guard and Purify, withdraw so you can Elixir and get your MP back, even if you're full HP. Your MP is a more important indicator of what kind of fight you can take than your HP, generally.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
These G buttons are unworkable. I can't take my hand so far off WASD without gumming up my sense of where my fingers are.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

SuperKlaus posted:

These G buttons are unworkable. I can't take my hand so far off WASD without gumming up my sense of where my fingers are.

? I can't imagine you'd NEED to have anything bound to G

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I think they have that logitech crazy game pad thing with a bunch of extra keys on it (like f1-12 but g instead)

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.

Shogeton posted:

I had a commission done. Sadly, lacking any kind of social media presence, all I can do is put them in front of everyone!

(Some FE3H spoilers)

https://twitter.com/shogeton/status/1553312583452598272

https://twitter.com/shogeton/status/1553312679472898049

https://twitter.com/shogeton/status/1553312746350968832

:hai:

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

SuperKlaus posted:

I got a new keyboard with a column of six buttons to the left of Esc & Tab & company. I really don't know what to do with them because I had a control scheme to which I've become accustomed with my old, normal keyboard. What do any of you do with similar keys? I'm wondering maybe I'll find them easier than shift+number for some skills? Or will I keep hitting Esc when I mean G1?

Personally can't beat the muscle memory of bottom-leftmost key being ctrl and upper-leftmost being escape. I ended up setting those two that way on mine.

Zetetica
Jan 22, 2010
I ran the updated praetorium a few times recently and we always got Gaius down to around 3-4% before he split up into his four clones. Is it possible to skip that phase with enough DPS or is he like Thordan where he always does it even if it’s right before dying?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Zetetica posted:

I ran the updated praetorium a few times recently and we always got Gaius down to around 3-4% before he split up into his four clones. Is it possible to skip that phase with enough DPS or is he like Thordan where he always does it even if it’s right before dying?

He sticks around on 0.1% HP until he does the thing

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Qwertycoatl posted:

He sticks around on 0.1% HP until he does the thing

"EORZEA IS MINE BY RIGHT!"

*SCH bonks him on the head with a book* No. Bad.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Every couple of keyboard/mouse cycles I'll buy one with extra buttons or macro keys and be too afraid to use them because I don't wanna get used to them and then have the thing break - particularly mice since I tend to go through them fairly quickly.

Right now I have some cool little mouse with like four side buttons and other gizmos and I mostly just have them bound as mouse buttons

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah my mouse has side buttons I'm using and enjoying but I just can't find something that feels good to do with the G column. I could bind em to emotes or class change macros but there's not a lot of point, IMO, to keybinding a thing that never has to be done with urgency.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

actually now that I think about it a bit more maybe setting them to duty actions would be the play

they aren't something you need all the time but it's always a little inconvenient when they throw one at you in a new encounter and you don't have it bound to anything. they'd get a lot more use if you do bozja or eureka a lot too.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

If that column of G keys is separated like I think i remember them being I personally wouldn’t really want to put combat binds on them but they seem like great places to put out-of-combat binds you want easy like character/gear pane, crafting log, mount, etc

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Zetetica posted:

Nope, when he hits 0 health he does the clone phase and drops dead runs away immediately after

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Behemoth popped.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

SuperKlaus posted:

Yeah my mouse has side buttons I'm using and enjoying but I just can't find something that feels good to do with the G column. I could bind em to emotes or class change macros but there's not a lot of point, IMO, to keybinding a thing that never has to be done with urgency.

I generally tell people to stay away from keyboards with "extra keys" like this because the experience is mostly what you describe. They're basically another function row in a more awkward place. So if you're gaming (which is who these boards are marketed to), you can't really put anything twitch-critical on them because the motion to move your hand takes too long or is too awkward to do when multitasking. And if you're actually on Twitch, you probably have production equipment to handle things like switching inputs, transitions, or other functions you might think of binding to these extra keys.

Most hotkey optimization has to take place in the confines of the left-half of a standard keyboard of at least 60% size (so QWERTY + number row) to be comfortable, in my experience. The "MMO mouse" is probably the best piece of hardware optimization you can get, since they put the number row under your thumb.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I agree with you. My normal hotkey setup stretches out to the 6-Y-H-B "column" as mostly the comfortable limit, with N as a panic button.

I think the idea of putting character sheet and challenge log etc on the G column is a good one. Saves me some clicks versus the little red and yellow buttons in the corner.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i have tiny hands so i don't bind anything past the 5 key

any game that tries to make me hit B or I to open my inventory can suck a nut, that poo poo is bound to T first thing

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i dont even like reaching for 5 so i stop at 4

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I just put my entire rotation into a single macro

…As a Ninja

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I click my abilities with my mouse.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Regalingualius posted:

I just put my entire rotation into a single macro

…As a Ninja

I've seen this thread on the official forums.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I exclusively use text commands.

In first person.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I do wish there was an easy way to consolidate buttons into macros because I just can't deal with a ton of buttons anymore and my hand doesn't even like ctrl-# these days. I know ffxiv has normalized clicking on buttons sometimes but even then I look at the alt jobs I'm leveling and going 'I barely know where to put all these cooldowns I start with, let alone all the extra buttons I know they'll get as they level up'

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I have a 12-side-button Naga that I use with ctrl/alt for numbers-minus-equals, and QERZXC with shift/ctrl, and F bound to “target nearest” mostly for PVP uses. Job types have some similarity among the jobs (ctrl for AOE on dps, shift-C for gap closing on tank, etc) but it’s not as consistent as it could be. ` is mount/sprint.

Somewhere out there a person has a set of keybinds that is more consistent between similar jobs, but I haven’t tried it because if I’m going to learn any new control it’s going to be controller for when my Steam Deck arrives (soon!)

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I just use a G13 like Yoship intended.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm using tilt controls.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I have a g502 which is a gaming mouse, but not one of those one with all the extra thumb buttons. It's got 5 extra buttons over a default mouse which is all I need. I bind 1-5, ~. and then m3-m8 and just shift, ctrl, and alt for modifiers on those keys.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Blockhouse posted:

I'm using tilt controls.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

I'm using tilt controls.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'm tilting out of control