Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Salisbury Snape posted:

Where is Asher? Does he no longer sa?

He never SA'd much but I believe his username is Vulvamancer iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Goosefleet just baited some SYNDE t3cs with a Battle Orca.

We got a kill and they brought in like 3 more t3cs.

The Battle Orca lives to fight again.

Join goosefleet today. Homk

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

andromache posted:

Subdirector is GSOL slang for dude who has been space trucking long enough to be trusted with some more complicated/riskier tasks.

They arent in illum and no one outside of GSOL really knows/cares who they are.

Guy is an older Eastern European who escaped from ~the commies~ (Ie trauma) and has some of that Clint Eastwood old man fear that the kids are going to make the country communist liberal pussies.

So he has on three occasions donned his old eastern euro track suit and raged war on the libs (two corp mails and his epic SA post where he demanded yall apologize to him (come on guys, that poo poo was funny)).

He was told in no uncertain terms to muzzle his poo poo or hed be removed and afaik he has done so.

Main thing to take away here is yall arent the only ones with traumatic experiences shaping your world view so maybe chill a bit on the whole everyone who disagrees with me is a piece of poo poo.

Man I was unaware he had to run for his life from a bunch of trans folk that really puts it in perspective for me and makes me think wow that co are you joking right now? This is a bit right?

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Can we go back to hating ccp rattati or something.... or ya know, talking about EVE online the video game.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Good Dumplings posted:

It makes very dumb people focus on bringing in DPS over logi, or on getting kills rather than cutting off supply chains. That, and it's a stat that sweaty players can never be satisfied by, so you sometimes get giant meltdowns from people scoring a kill but not doing it efficiently enough; for that alone they're fun, but if I was in a group with really obsessive players I definitely wouldn't feel so neutral about it.

Blackops fell into this trap in the run up to the fountain war. They were perpetually farting and making GBS threads every time they successfully killed some guys escalation T3 while poo poo talking us snipping the military/economic hub so low to mid income people couldnt make money.

Tests forums had an entire thread dedicated to our actions because people who cant afford to fight make noise. Meanwhile escalations was a high income game, that dude probably had several of those ships stashed. Durr actually told me that we made his life a living hell for a while. No one gave a poo poo about what blops was doing, because they had lost the thread and didnt understand pain points anymore.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Blackops is a dead org anyway lmao

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Solus posted:

Yeah I joined up in the last war for a while five minutes and yeeted myself back to mainfleet which anyone who knows me at all knows would be one of the most painful decisions Ive ever made. Unless Laz is around I like Laz.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

DisgracelandUSA posted:

He never SA'd much but I believe his username is Vulvamancer iirc.

He seemed to be around more when Flanders was making goodposts about fitting and spaceship tactics in this, a game about spaceships.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Mr. Grinch posted:

apparently were not relitigating this so ill just remind you that you were absent for the majority of the last thread so "your knowledge" means very little tbh

however its kind of hard to refute this notion when some of you cant keep names/basics straight

\/ not blaming only you, FWIW, a few pages ago someone mixed up mcwolf with aldani

i didn't mix anyone up, i was present for last thread in it's entirety, so once again, liar lying for no reason

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

SHISHKABOB posted:

Yeah put gsf in the op......................................................................................................................................so i can poop on it!!!!!!!!!!.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

groon

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Can I join goosefeet if my native language does not have pronouns? I feel like a bit left out on the discord questionnaire.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

lovely tuna snatch posted:

Can I join goosefeet if my native language does not have pronouns? I feel like a bit left out on the discord questionnaire.

You can just call everyone dude, it's fine. We're all dudes. Dudes and y'all.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

lovely tuna snatch posted:

my native language does not have pronouns

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

lovely tuna snatch ganbatte

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

captainclaw posted:

Can we go back to hating ccp rattati or something.... or ya know, talking about EVE online the video game.

I'm glad the Mittani and friends got ran out of town but boy this thread really kinda sucks when it's just recriminations and bitching.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Mederlock posted:

This is a poo poo-fit and it barely tanked compared to what it could have if it had a better fit. NOS's on a BS is pants on head silly, the triple Ancil's are dumb because you have no long term sustain, especially if you run out of charges. The Officer co procs add nothing to the fit except useless bling, he wasn't even using a low grade crystal pod, he has no way to grapple/web down smaller ships, there's just so much wrong with that fit

oh absolutely - I was just hyperfocused on the fact that it had 3 XL ASBs

I hosed around with the fit a bit but having active shield so dependent on booster charges is spooky to me, also resists are gimped:

[Vargur, BigBillthaBad]
Dread Guristas Co-Processor
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
Syndicate Damage Control
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
Dread Guristas Co-Processor

X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster
Dark Blood Warp Disruptor
Shadow Serpentis Heavy Stasis Grappler
Dark Blood Heavy Capacitor Booster

Dual 650mm Repeating Cannon II
Dark Blood Heavy Energy Neutralizer
Corpum C-Type Medium Energy Neutralizer
Dark Blood Large EMP Smartbomb
Bastion Module I

Large Projectile Metastasis Adjuster II
Large Projectile Ambit Extension II

Warrior II x15

Navy Cap Booster 400 x90
Republic Fleet EMP L x1280
Barrage L x1280
Hail L x640
Republic Fleet Titanium Sabot L x640
Navy Cap Booster 3200 x4
Agency 'Pyrolancea' DB9 Dose IV x1
Strong Blue Pill Booster x1
Improved Frentix Booster x1
Improved Drop Booster x1

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

SHISHKABOB posted:

Yeah put gsf in the op......................................................................................................................................so i can poop on it!!!!!!!!!!.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Deki posted:

I'm glad the Mittani and friends got ran out of town but boy this thread really kinda sucks when it's just recriminations and bitching.

yeah we should go back to playing eve in goonswarm federation, it's really the best place to be

paul harris
Oct 22, 2020
The word “doxing” is derived from the term “dropping documents.” Doxing is a form of cyberbullying that uses sensitive or secret information, statements, or records for the harassment, exposure, or other exploitation of targeted individuals.

corgski posted:

Who did that, because it wasn't me or dragonshardz and we can :commissar: line members who doxx people.

it was this person

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4007607&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=70#post525245755

theyre gone for a week so hopefully you can use that time to figure out if doxxing people's jobs over a spaceship guild drama is worth it

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

:whatup:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/102516349/

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

paul harris posted:

it was this person

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4007607&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=70#post525245755

theyre gone for a week so hopefully you can use that time to figure out if doxxing people's jobs over a spaceship guild drama is worth it

that isnt what doxxing is you loving idiot

jesus christ just take your concern trolling routine somewhere else

Edit: In case it isnt obvious to everyone else, Atrum himself posted that he used to work for the Army in the previous thread. Referencing that information isnt "doxxing" and if that makes you feel unsafe I suggest you log off forever

Mr. Grinch fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Aug 3, 2022

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

We are good at eve.

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account
I would say we should gulag all the bad posters. But it would be all the same people posting here already.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

yeah we should go back to playing eve in goonswarm federation, it's really the best place to be

Love the new av/red text my dude

paul harris
Oct 22, 2020
The word “doxing” is derived from the term “dropping documents.” Doxing is a form of cyberbullying that uses sensitive or secret information, statements, or records for the harassment, exposure, or other exploitation of targeted individuals.

Mr. Grinch posted:

that isnt what doxxing is you loving idiot

jesus christ just take your concern trolling routine somewhere else

Edit: In case it isnt obvious to everyone else, Atrum himself posted that he used to work for the Army in the previous thread. Referencing that information isnt "doxxing" and if that makes you feel unsafe I suggest you log off forever

the moderators felt it was worth it to probate the person who doxxed another poster for that post.

anyway, actually talking about this game like the thread is meant for, i am in character creation and want to know what the differences between these empires is gameplay wise. do i unlock dialogue options if i pick one or the other?

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Thank you for your service

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

paul harris posted:

the moderators felt it was worth it to probate the person who doxxed another poster for that post.

anyway, actually talking about this game like the thread is meant for, i am in character creation and want to know what the differences between these empires is gameplay wise. do i unlock dialogue options if i pick one or the other?

This game was made 20 years ago and has only gotten worse. So no it doesnt unlock anything aside from some minor starting skills

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

So how did you cheat at tarkov

paul harris
Oct 22, 2020

orange juche posted:

So how did you cheat at tarkov

i found it - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3952526#post510979441

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Solus posted:

we should simply shoot isabella

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

paul harris posted:

you're wrong. the post you referenced earned him a day, and the rapsheet mentions nothing about doxxing. doxxing would earn a permaban and we'd eject him from GANDR too.

making a smartass reference to public information released by the subject of the post isn't doxxing.

the week was for this post

please train reading comprehension to 5

to answer your actual gameplay question, no, it makes no difference. Caldari characters have a default home station that's closer to Jita than anyone else, but in terms of mechanical benefits that's it.

a noble sacrifice to the welp gods.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Not quite true, you do start with a different set of low level skills based on your faction, but it really only matters for a few hours of training or so and you're gonna want all those skills for the vast majority of characters at some point anyway.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
based on this thread i can only conclude that the correct course of action is for somethingawful to ban eveonline on the grounds that it is somethingworse

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Iirc originally alpha clones (free accounts) could only use their racial ships? If this was the case it was changed presumably very soon after because it's a terrible idea.

If your goal is to maximize what you can train with a free account it might be worth specializing around a certain race based on what you want to do to.

But otherwise yeah, completely meaningless beyond where you first enter the game and your chargen appearance options.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

paul harris posted:

:wrong:

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

psilocybin laden posted:

we should simply shoot isabella

Finally a cause I can wholeheartedly support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

People just love coming into this thread and making poo poo up, it's great.