Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

paul harris posted:

the game came out in 2004

I'm not sure, but I think time has existed before the advent of Eve Online: A Space-themed Spreadsheet. We call it BCE (Before CCP, Eve).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

paul harris posted:

the game came out in 2004

At least 2003, Rust was created that June:

Service Charge
Jan 22, 2004
I'm not cheap
SA's first foray into EVE was in 2004, and it went about as well as could be expected (RIP GoonCorp, taught an important lesson by Mr Shogaatsu).

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Service Charge posted:

SA's first foray into EVE was in 2004, and it went about as well as could be expected (RIP GoonCorp, taught an important lesson by Mr Shogaatsu).

I ran into MoO gatecamping in... ships a lot bigger than mine, in 2003.

paul harris
Oct 22, 2020
The word “doxing” is derived from the term “dropping documents.” Doxing is a form of cyberbullying that uses sensitive or secret information, statements, or records for the harassment, exposure, or other exploitation of targeted individuals.
i want to play this dumb game a bit, who are the game guilds that are good to join?

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Bigbillthaboss posted:

~
Well played FNLN, continue the game or reset the chess board? I'm low on movement options here.

Like I said, you can always slide into muh DMs on Discord if you truly care about learning more, but I think you would rather collect big-game posting trophies to hang above the fireplace.

i was asking a question. You don't gottta answer it.
I was fuckin' with you a little there to get your goat. No harm intended.
I just say stuff - sometimes it's important, sometimes it's not. But I just say stuff :shrug:
It am not out to 'out to ''get you''.
You've got the wrong read on me bruh
I don't even think you're a bad person, you're some guy I disagree on some stuff with. It's fine to disagree with people.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

paul harris posted:

i want to play this dumb game a bit, who are the game guilds that are good to join?

Check the second post in the thread, has a list of recommendations.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

paul harris posted:

Goosefleet! Seriously.

We're still doing a lot of setup and move-in poo poo, cleaning out the previous residents' trash, etc., but we're doing well and looking forward to future drops on braindead Gila ratters in null.

paul harris
Oct 22, 2020
The word “doxing” is derived from the term “dropping documents.” Doxing is a form of cyberbullying that uses sensitive or secret information, statements, or records for the harassment, exposure, or other exploitation of targeted individuals.

dragonshardz posted:

Goosefleet! Seriously.

We're still doing a lot of setup and move-in poo poo, cleaning out the previous residents' trash, etc., but we're doing well and looking forward to future drops on braindead Gila ratters in null.

idk, seeing your one leader bring up a person's real life job into the thread and get a week probation, as well as all those other people importing drama and also getting probations, makes me think you guys aren't a safe and chill place to play this game with

i think i'd rather join some other group

paul harris fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Aug 2, 2022

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Dalael posted:

Stick to talking about your WH corp and dont let these idiots derail you from having fun.

There's one thing people arent doing enough, its posting about EVE the game. And when it comes to EVE, wormholes arent discussed enough.

100% agree with you, but who other than Globby going "Lol at your killboard nErDz" is actively trying to get in the way of Goosefleet having fun doing their own thing in this thread? I honestly wish them the best, and hope they bring some good fights to us when their chain leads them to Delve. More people doing things in space is a good thing in my book.

Gwailar
Jun 21, 2021

paul harris posted:

Before July 2022, I would have said (and said many times) that Karmafleet is a fantastic place for new players. Or BRAVE. Or Pandemic Horde.

With the recent changes in leadership and processes, I'd still recommend Karmafleet.

But regardless of the specific group, I recommend beginners move immediately to a large null bloc. The amount of help, support, and training is simply better. You'll spend more time having fun and less time merely trying to survive. IMO.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

paul harris posted:

idk, seeing your one leader bring up a person's real life job into the thread and get a week probation, as well as all those other people importing drama and also getting probations, makes me think you guys aren't a safe and chill place to play this game with

neither I nor digital-pet have done that so idk what you're talking about

but ok

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

paul harris posted:

The Greater Goon we'll teach you how to be bad.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Rust Martialis posted:

At least 2003, Rust was created that June:

The ancient times...

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

paul harris posted:

Who did that, because it wasn't me or dragonshardz and we can :commissar: line members who doxx people.

corgski fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Aug 2, 2022

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
that person isnt actually interested in playing EVE, they wandered into the thread yesterday proclaiming to not know whats going on and telling people to get therapy

Edit: just getting this out of the way; I dont know if recalling a basic fact from 24 hours ago counts as "posting about posters", hopefully its fine

Mr. Grinch fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Aug 2, 2022

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

An excellently executed setup, goon. :five:

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

FirstnameLastname posted:

i was asking a question. You don't gottta answer it. || I was fuckin' with you a little there to get your goat. No harm intended. || I just say stuff - sometimes it's important, sometimes it's not. But I just say stuff :shrug: || It am not out to 'out to ''get you''. || You've got the wrong read on me bruh || I don't even think you're a bad person, you're some guy I disagree on some stuff with. It's fine to disagree with people.
I never really believed that you were out to get me, more so that you saw an opportunity for entertainment, hence why I ended my post with a chess analogy. I could literally visualize the smug smirk on your face while reading some of those little land mines you tossed out. In fact I was laughing at certain comments you made, thinking "my early 2000s rap homie is attempting to good post me into a corner with his triple and quadruple tiered trap-riddled wordsmithery".

Oh, btw, I never EVER had slurs in any personal lyrics I composed - I copy/pasted (our just typed out) lyrics for Frayser Boy's "Pistol Playa" and got lazy with the censorship, although I think I did include quotations around said lyrics. My dad whipped my rear end for dropping an n-bomb when I was like 5 or 6 (heard it from one of the local racists iirc) so bad that its drat near physically impossible to use those words. He never gave me a woopen again and I never hard-r'ed again. In fact I moved out of Alabama as soon as I could to get away from that dogshit mindset, I take that poo poo seriously.

I think you got the wrong read on my read on your non-reading writings though: From what I have gathered (excluding the anti-Xenuria and Mittani crusade posts, I felt like those were for real) you just enjoy online posting and getting into debate-like skirmishes (shockingly just like me!). At least that's what I picked up on by the way you structured the flow of your inquiries followed by a camoflauged contradicting statement or comment (usually there to setup an alternative vector for offensive). I also chuckled at the fact, like you said, "sometimes its important, sometimes its not" - its like you toss in a 'where the poo poo did this take come from and how did he arrive there' comment occasionally to throw people off the scent. I was being genuine in those few comments where I mentioned "that was pretty smooth" or "Well played FNLN".

As cheesy as it sounds posting-pvp can be just as fun as spaceship pvp when done right pushes glasses up and slicks down eyebrows with fingers[/super]. I get a lot of entertainment from reading between the lines of someone's post, then making attempts to deconstruct the actual philosophical equations (you would probably be interested in this field if you've never checked it out before) they build with their dialogue structuring. Do you realize that you do this? I think you do, but I can appreciate that. Also, for the record, I don't think we disagree on much - I probably just don't go as far as you do past the line in the sand is all, I try to refrain from fully committing one way or the other cuz I'm a despicably dirty loving centrist. I do, however, get frustrated when 3rd parties try hopping on the wagon when they don't realize the elegant tango dance transpiring before their eyes.

Now in an attempt to not get Kaysette'd for a third time b/c posting about posters I would like to bring in two EVE points of discussion:

1. Has anyone heard rumors about Pearl Abyss selling off CCP? I heard this somewhere, might have even been my dreams or some poo poo, just wanted to double check if I was crazed or not.

2. Holy poo poo when did triple ancillary marauders become a thing, I completely missed this. This is loving hilarious - it's like the new triple ASB rorqual from 5 years ago (who remembers those nightmares?):

Bigbillthaboss fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Aug 2, 2022

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Necros posted:

we killed space detroit and i went to see what r/eve had to say

they are very mad

the only reason in my mind that we killed it was the absolute salt generation that resulted. it's been amazing.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Loky11 posted:

the only reason in my mind that we killed it was the absolute salt generation that resulted. it's been amazing.

What is space Detroit?

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

Frank Frank posted:

What is space Detroit?

It was a lowsec structure in Tama

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:

Mederlock posted:

100% agree with you, but who other than Globby going "Lol at your killboard nErDz" is actively trying to get in the way of Goosefleet having fun doing their own thing in this thread? I honestly wish them the best, and hope they bring some good fights to us when their chain leads them to Delve. More people doing things in space is a good thing in my book.

Killboards bad for game. (not sarcastic)

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

What is space Detroit?

a series of low sec structures in the popular low sec spot 4 jumps from jita. the Big Deal was the sotiyo because it was rigged decently for production so tama had a nice little economy and a place for folks that just want to undock and do pvp and not worry about sweaty dorks playing station games with them.

tbh it seemed like it was responsible for a decent bit of Black Rise content so idk why snuff killed it beyond their terminally euro-brained membership and their need to post :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :yarrgh: :yarrgh: :yarrgh: at people

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
we need to add GSF back to the OP, the rest of the corporations are dead and irrelevant, very anti-newbie, and suck. GSF is the best group for new players

Mr. Grinch posted:

for the like sixth time you dullard it is still relevant when directors are still claiming that its all a hoax or allegations against mittens were fabricated up to and including the loving coalition leader

name one person who said it's a hoax that's actually a director, and which allegations are being debated?

none of them have said this to my knowledge.

corgski posted:

They said they don't recruit from SA anymore, sorry.

no they didn't

what's with people posting blatant falsehoods itt and it being okay, seems like there's a bunch of needless lying itt

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

a series of low sec structures in the popular low sec spot 4 jumps from jita. the Big Deal was the sotiyo because it was rigged decently for production so tama had a nice little economy and a place for folks that just want to undock and do pvp and not worry about sweaty dorks playing station games with them.

tbh it seemed like it was responsible for a decent bit of Black Rise content so idk why snuff killed it beyond their terminally euro-brained membership and their need to post :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :yarrgh: :yarrgh: :yarrgh: at people

it was owned primarily by an old snuff guy, with shares owned by a couple other more active and current snuff members. Proper dues were paid for the first years but after our devolution in like 2018-19 (?) and reform awhile later, payments and dues fell aside. It was largely ignored and it became a meme within snuff that we would destroy it eventually, however, the active members who owned shares kept the wolves at bay.

Snuff's eternal enemy in lowsec, Shadow Cartel has a large Tama pvp solo and smallgang group that lives(d) out of the sotiyo and hit some snuff structures. Additionally, the members of snuff who owned shares went semi afk and the tide turned. We initially poked the structure to see what response would come. The old snuff owner came back and was frankly pretty poo poo in dm's about the whole thing. That pushed the few of us in leadership who were on the fence over to "gently caress it". So it died.

Fun additional factoid, Shadow Cartel formed a relatively thicc arti vargur fleet with anti tackle cerbs. They bridged out of their home station of Aeschee but had to gate into Tama, and we sat on the in gate and prevented them from coming in. They sat in the opposite system aligned to the sun under continuous cyno inhibs for an hour until going home and attempting to kill one of our scout pods, missing the pod, but killing one of their own cerbs with smartbombs. https://zkillboard.com/kill/102493946/

Thanks for coming to my Ted(x) talk.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

Mellow_ posted:

I think kbs have done more to keep eve alive than anything else CCP could have done. News articles are based on them. Community discussion rely on them. Reading about Deimoses slaughtering Muninns is great. gently caress Muninns. You don't get the context of a battle from one person's recording and watching someone play eve for an hour to see a battle outcome is boring poo poo.

That said a 6 or 12 hour delay in publishing killmails to ESI would be cool too.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

oh ok if it's bad for shadow cartel then i give snuff critical support

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah put gsf in the op......................................................................................................................................so i can poop on it!!!!!!!!!!.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

oh ok if it's bad for shadow cartel then i give snuff critical support

the tama structures were true freeport and 1 person had ACL control over it. After the Shadow Cartel guys messed around and reff'd our stuff and us hitting the structures for the first time in response, we had negotiations to let it all live and remove SC access to resolve the issue but as mentioned before, the way the original owner reacted was pretty over the top, so things changed. I was part of the original group negotiating the deal around Shadow Cartel ACL removal as a compromise and was frankly surprised we went for the kill. It is what it is.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Bigbillthaboss posted:

2. Holy poo poo when did triple ancillary marauders become a thing, I completely missed this. This is loving hilarious - it's like the new triple ASB rorqual from 5 years ago (who remembers those nightmares?):

This is a poo poo-fit and it barely tanked compared to what it could have if it had a better fit. NOS's on a BS is pants on head silly, the triple Ancil's are dumb because you have no long term sustain, especially if you run out of charges. The Officer co procs add nothing to the fit except useless bling, he wasn't even using a low grade crystal pod, he has no way to grapple/web down smaller ships, there's just so much wrong with that fit

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Mellow_ posted:

It makes very dumb people focus on bringing in DPS over logi, or on getting kills rather than cutting off supply chains. That, and it's a stat that sweaty players can never be satisfied by, so you sometimes get giant meltdowns from people scoring a kill but not doing it efficiently enough; for that alone they're fun, but if I was in a group with really obsessive players I definitely wouldn't feel so neutral about it.

The main issue is how you'd avoid hyper-PvP players creating the same thing with manual tracking/after action reports. Games like Last Oasis don't track the equivalent of ship kills (or at least they didn't when I was playing), and you still end up with people making lists of their kills and grading based off of how big the kill was/wasn't.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
killboards are good, there need to be more metrics for showing how good u are at the game

causticBeet posted:

killboards own because its probably the best way to look back at things you have done in space and reminisce about dope frags

and this

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Aug 2, 2022

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
killboards own because its probably the best way to look back at things you have done in space and reminisce about dope frags

also an amazing intel tool - idk if they killed Pirates Little Helper or not but gonna look up this dude/corp/system on zkb to get a feel for what their recent activity looks like is incredibly useful

Ikonoklast
Nov 16, 2007

A beacon for the liars and blind.

Rust Martialis posted:

I ran into MoO gatecamping in... ships a lot bigger than mine, in 2003.

I remember MoO. They were scary for a young nerd.

Ikonoklast
Nov 16, 2007

A beacon for the liars and blind.

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

killboards are good, there need to be more metrics for showing how good u are at the game

There will never be enough metrics to measure your greatness good sir.

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

It was on fire when I got here

corgski posted:

Who did that, because it wasn't me or dragonshardz and we can :commissar: line members who doxx people.

Pretty sure they are referencing Dozer when they tried throwing poo poo at Asher about their army career.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Ikonoklast posted:

There will never be enough metrics to measure your greatness good sir.

thank you, thank you

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

Not An Arsonist posted:

Pretty sure they are referencing Dozer when they tried throwing poo poo at Asher about their army career.

not Asher, andromache is Atrum

no wonder offsite poo poo is confusing to thread tourists

name one person who said it's a hoax that's actually a director, and which allegations are being debated?

none of them have said this to my knowledge.

apparently were not relitigating this so ill just remind you that you were absent for the majority of the last thread so "your knowledge" means very little tbh

what's with people posting blatant falsehoods itt and it being okay, seems like there's a bunch of needless lying itt

however its kind of hard to refute this notion when some of you cant keep names/basics straight

\/ not blaming only you, FWIW, a few pages ago someone mixed up mcwolf with aldani

Mr. Grinch fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 2, 2022

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

It was on fire when I got here

Mr. Grinch posted:

not Asher, andromache is Atrum

no wonder offsite poo poo is confusing to thread tourists

I am bad and this is correct. It's been a long day, forgive me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Where is Asher? Does he no longer sa?