Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Honest Thief posted:

break the cycle of suffering

If you think about it, Nerv operated as an agile development environment under Gendo as product owner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Dr Pepper posted:

TBH it's probably because her voice actress Aya Hirano ended up embroiled in "controversy" for such unforgivable things like "having a boyfriend" and "actually admitting she had sex" which kind of put her career in Japanes pop culture on hold because everything is terrible.

No, she started doing theatre and a separate music career, though the latter doesn't seem to have worked out. The thing about deciding to talk about her sex life (and maybe loving her band) was that she had lost interest in being an idol to the point that she felt like completely burning that bridge. She wasn't rejected by Japanese pop culture, she was actually trying to enter mainstream Japanese pop culture (as opposed to anime voice actor idol culture). And she succeeded in doing so, because her theatre career is going well. She even kept getting good voice actor roles for a while.

I think the catalyst for that stuff was her getting a leading role on Fairy Tail, which was a hugely popular comic with an appropriately big-budget licensed anime. She essentially won the lottery and then proceeded to tell her old agency and her most annoying fans to gently caress off.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Casey Finnigan posted:

what the hell are any of the words on that chart supposed to mean
Scrum is a framework for project development, usually in software development. Like all things in capitalism, it has become a brand to market and filled with jargon and other devil words to fool clients into paying large sums to teach you the devil words and purchase a never-ending stream of Scrum merchandise, books, conferences, consultants and many other things that you can throw money into, as well, to stay up to date so you can battle other Scrum masters for prestige.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

slowly still chipping away at the wano saga in one piece it keeps getting better, also monarchies being dumb af and having to be bailed out by the straw hats continues

i rather go on cool pirate adventures then stuck being shogun also tbh

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

https://twitter.com/figsoku/status/1552851489949122560

dudes rock

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I’m scrumming

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Gross. Just masturbate instead

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
scrumming; screaming and cumming simultaneously.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

looks like something from Death Note

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

War and Pieces posted:

looks like something from Death Note

more of a wank note imo

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

lollontee posted:

more of a wank note imo

Believe it or not, that was an actual cult classic manga.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Darth Walrus posted:

Believe it or not, that was an actual cult classic manga.

Onan Master Kurosawa?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Onan Master Kurosawa?

Ayup.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Do not scrum. Do not scrum.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I'm gonna scrum :chaostrump:

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
also sonny boy is worth watching just for the soundtrack alone, just check out any of the popular parts of this vid. my fav is prob "let there be light again" : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpSFluMQ_ME

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
sonnyboy is just so special, it doesn't have the same type of energy as a coming of age story flcl did but it's so drat sweet

SA Forums Poster
Oct 13, 2018

You have to PAY to post on that forum?!?
speaking of anime..... someone is threating Jeffrey with a court order to delete their SA account because they posted in that gross anime forum thread :a2m:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

Which thread?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I assume either the child piss torturer one or the pedophile is ressurected as an infant child molestor one

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Communist Thoughts posted:

I assume either the child piss torturer one or the pedophile is ressurected as an infant child molestor one

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

If there's any ADTRW thread someone is bound to be embarrassed enough to want their account deleted, it has to be the vtuber one.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

lmao both

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

If there's any ADTRW thread someone is bound to be embarrassed enough to want their account deleted, it has to be the vtuber one.

should have just probed the party crashers and banned the people being creepy about gura but amab

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

the pedophile is ressurected as an infant child molestor one

what

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

it's apparently called mushoku tensei

i never saw it but it's supposed to be really gross and bad

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

There's another new isekai anime about a guy who just buys slaves and fucks them

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

SA Forums Poster posted:

speaking of anime..... someone is threating Jeffrey with a court order to delete their SA account because they posted in that gross anime forum thread :a2m:
drat, is that an option?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kitfox88 posted:

should have just probed the party crashers and banned the people being creepy about gura but amab

The reason the vtuber thread got shutdown is because they had to draw the line at being a creep over any of the characters & performers, and they could not meet it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I've started following a couple of vtubers cause they're fun and play fun games. SInce they're usually pretty anime, I'm not surprised some fans go full creep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU2VY4vCDug

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Calibanibal posted:

There's another new isekai anime about a guy who just buys slaves and fucks them

I think a really funny idea for an isekai would be like a middle-aged accountant who gets hit by the obligatory milk truck or whatever, is reborn into the magical fantasy world, immediately recognizes what's happened and is thrilled to have a second chance to live a much cooler life, but then discovers that his special unique power is mostly good for doing accounting work.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

christmas boots posted:

I think a really funny idea for an isekai would be like a middle-aged accountant who gets hit by the obligatory milk truck or whatever, is reborn into the magical fantasy world, immediately recognizes what's happened and is thrilled to have a second chance to live a much cooler life, but then discovers that his special unique power is mostly good for doing accounting work.

TBF, a story about magical accountancy in a fantasy world could be quite fun, although I suspect that half a dozen authors have probably done it already.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ascendancy of a Bookworm already proved that you can tell a compelling story that even constructs an entire material dialectic off of something as mundane as being a librarian. Any kind of modern occupation can be spun into a compelling hook to explore a medieval setting, but the author has to be interested in exploring the premise rather than writing isekai for the wish fulfillment. Ascendency is like the opposite of wish fulfillment. The protagonist already had her best life in our world, and being reborn into an ignorant & rigidly feudalistic society stymies all of her ambitions along every step of the way.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

I've started following a couple of vtubers cause they're fun and play fun games. SInce they're usually pretty anime, I'm not surprised some fans go full creep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU2VY4vCDug

yeah this

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

for real though just close adtrw

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Darth Walrus posted:

TBF, a story about magical accountancy in a fantasy world could be quite fun, although I suspect that half a dozen authors have probably done it already.

yeah I mean there’s a lot you could do maybe a slice of life helping fantasy characters with their taxes or audits, or some kind of forensic accounting going after liches evading taxes or something.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Kitfox88 posted:

for real though just close adtrw

Adtrw is better than D&D though.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

yes and? close both :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

The thread was great to skim after the fact cause its apparently a very famous manga and got a really high production anime so almost every post is "well this is some pedo poo poo but drat it looks good!"