Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Current Sci-Fi special burger: surf and turf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

did you use flash in the Sci-Fi Dine In how rude!!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

No hitchhikers were harmed.

EchoBase
Dec 11, 2001
I’m at WDW now, took advantage of an opportunity to come although summer heat is not my preference. We had some hot (90+ with humidity) days at home but the humidity here is unreal. Anyway, finished lunch at Kona and am now in the Trader Sams line. It’s 2:00 and there’s more than enough people to fill the place when it opens.

And as I’m typing they are opening the waitlist. Last I heard the list opened at 2:30 but looks like it’s 2pm now.

Edit: Am now in Trader Sams and it is worth any effort to get in. Hilarious and fun. All the staff are into the performances; I had read a bit about this place but didn’t know about all the effort put into the drink serving. Just awesome.

EchoBase fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 31, 2022

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The LEGO Haunted Mansion is up btw

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/mini-disney-the-haunted-mansion-40521

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Lmao, of course the wait list for Savi's is full before the park even opens. Nope, no lightsabers allowed if your British, gently caress you.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
It's not worth it tbh.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

worms butthole guy posted:

It's not worth it tbh.

this man lies

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

It's not worth it tbh.

Counter: it’s absolutely worth it.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe it was because it was the last one of the day but it definitely felt like we were being rushed through. $300 to stand in a big round room with a table while some lights flash isn't worth it to me, although I guess part of the satisfaction is walking around with the lightsaber after to make thebpoors jealous

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Did they raise the price recently? It was $200 when I did it awhile ago.

Also, it's totally worth it.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Icedude posted:

Lmao, of course the wait list for Savi's is full before the park even opens. Nope, no lightsabers allowed if your British, gently caress you.

Check back throughout the day. Spots do open up a lot more than they let on. The day I got mine it was fully booked and I asked if I could be put on a list, and an hour and a half later I got the call to go and get my saber.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Edit: I have a DLR ticketing question I'm wondering if someone could offer some insight on.

Here's my scenario:

I'm flying in on a Sunday and doing the parks starting on Monday. My flight lands early enough on Sunday that by the time I get to the hotel and checked-in I could still put in a pretty good day at Disneyland since they're open late. I'm reluctant to add on another day to my tickets because of all the poo poo with the airlines. Can I walk up to the ticket booth or customer service that day and have them add the extra ticket to my existing package or would I have to purchase a totally separate 1 day ticket?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Maybe it was because it was the last one of the day but it definitely felt like we were being rushed through. $300 to stand in a big round room with a table while some lights flash isn't worth it to me, although I guess part of the satisfaction is walking around with the lightsaber after to make thebpoors jealous

You just sound like a dumb piece of poo poo dude

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Bottom Liner posted:

You just sound like a dumb piece of poo poo dude
that seems a little harsh

personally I know I would never pay for Savi's because my interest in Star Wars these days is low-to-antagonistic, so despite how many people have said it's a revelatory spiritual experience I would probably end up hating it

you probably have to go in to the experience being horny for crystals at least a little bit

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Why would someone who didn’t already like Star Wars want to do the $300 lightsaber show in the first place?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Icedude posted:

Yeah that's the kind of thing you really want to get on 60 days out.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Arquinsiel posted:

Yeah that's the kind of thing you really want to get on 60 days out.

I think they had some issues doing it online because they're in the UK. They did call and try but there were no openings. Judging from the dates of those posts, it was after they hit 60 days, so it's not surprising it was already booked up.

edit: You gotta do that stuff ASAP.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
If you really want the lightsaber and it's still $200, it's worth it because you get to build a custom-ish one AND get some entertainment and it's actually only a little bit more than buying one of the legacy ones (like buying Luke's lightsaber).

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Sivart13 posted:

that seems a little harsh

“Make the poors jealous” is stupid 4chan culture nonsense. My position stands.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
There was people in this thread saying their favorite part of the experience is walking out after and having everyone look at them with jealousy

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I think there's a gulf of difference between saying that and "make the poors jealous"

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Jose Oquendo posted:

I think they had some issues doing it online because they're in the UK. They did call and try but there were no openings. Judging from the dates of those posts, it was after they hit 60 days, so it's not surprising it was already booked up.

edit: You gotta do that stuff ASAP.
I'm also in the UK. The website is fucky at best even on a VPN to the USA, and you just kind of have to keep hammering and hoping. Due to staying on property things seemed even jankier than normal, since our park pass for it was four or five days later than our booking window anyways. Disneyworld are really banking on domestic tourism filling the gaps from dissapointed foreigners I guess.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Jose Oquendo posted:

Edit: I have a DLR ticketing question I'm wondering if someone could offer some insight on.

Here's my scenario:

I'm flying in on a Sunday and doing the parks starting on Monday. My flight lands early enough on Sunday that by the time I get to the hotel and checked-in I could still put in a pretty good day at Disneyland since they're open late. I'm reluctant to add on another day to my tickets because of all the poo poo with the airlines. Can I walk up to the ticket booth or customer service that day and have them add the extra ticket to my existing package or would I have to purchase a totally separate 1 day ticket?

I assume Braks will be able to give a better answer, but I’m pretty sure you can add a day. I’ve done it in the past, but policies may have changed

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I think for WDW you need to add days before you use your last day

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Jose Oquendo posted:

Here's my scenario:

I feel pretty sure you could add a day once you get there, especially if you have not used the ticket at all yet. I haven’t had this scenario come up but I don’t see why they wouldn’t let you adjust an unused ticket.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I haven't been to DLR since 2018, but you could add a day to your ticket no problem. We did, but we had to stand in line at guest services for over an hour to do it, which sorta sucked.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Thank you for the info. I’ll see what happens. My biggest concern now is that flight over there.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
The thing in your favor is it’s after check in. A lot of Disney products don’t really exist until the day of check in which is why it can be tough to makes changes in the parks. Once you check in though, there’s actual ticket media you can work with instead of something nebulous in the DRC’s systems.

I expect DLR works in a similar fashion.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Arquinsiel posted:

I'm also in the UK. The website is fucky at best even on a VPN to the USA, and you just kind of have to keep hammering and hoping. Due to staying on property things seemed even jankier than normal, since our park pass for it was four or five days later than our booking window anyways. Disneyworld are really banking on domestic tourism filling the gaps from dissapointed foreigners I guess.

My wife managed to get a spot for the day we planned on going to Hollywood Studios, but she had to book it at like 6:45AM CST. What's even jankier about the whole experience is literally anyone can book whatever time they want. We're going mid-September when HS doesn't even open until 9am, but she could book an 8:45am (which I assume if you're staying on-property you get early entry at 8 or 8:30 allowing you to make that appointment). The whole thing is really clunky. I would assume that if you wanted people to schedule literally everything you'd make it partway usable but nope.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Big thing about adding on to a ticket is checking what the park pass reservation calendar looks like that day. You might not be able to if the day is blocked.

Doesn’t hurt to check at GS and see, if not - a little sightseeing around Downtown Disney, the social area around the JW Marriott, or checking out the Disney resorts is a good time.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Akileese posted:

My wife managed to get a spot for the day we planned on going to Hollywood Studios, but she had to book it at like 6:45AM CST. What's even jankier about the whole experience is literally anyone can book whatever time they want. We're going mid-September when HS doesn't even open until 9am, but she could book an 8:45am (which I assume if you're staying on-property you get early entry at 8 or 8:30 allowing you to make that appointment). The whole thing is really clunky. I would assume that if you wanted people to schedule literally everything you'd make it partway usable but nope.
Yeah, I think we booked for something like 21:30 or thereabouts, with the park closing at 20:30. We basically had to explain to cast members that we weren't leaving because we had a reservation for an hour or so, and then we got to walk out through a completely empty park afterwards. Spent an awful lot of time wondering if we were supposed to be able to do that. It seems like the shops closed at park close too, unlike all our previous trips to whichever park, so we basically had nothing to do besides sit in Galaxy's Edge and wait.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Arquinsiel posted:

Yeah, I think we booked for something like 21:30 or thereabouts, with the park closing at 20:30. We basically had to explain to cast members that we weren't leaving because we had a reservation for an hour or so, and then we got to walk out through a completely empty park afterwards. Spent an awful lot of time wondering if we were supposed to be able to do that. It seems like the shops closed at park close too, unlike all our previous trips to whichever park, so we basically had nothing to do besides sit in Galaxy's Edge and wait.

I did this last year and it’s pretty normal. I’m not sure how the pre open appointments work though and that wasn’t something I was willing to chance since you have to book it so far out.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I didn't think anything of it since the last few times I've been to any of the parks prior to that trip it's been Paris and the stores there stay open until at least an hour after park closing, with the "downtown" equivalent right outside staying open until two hours later or more.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
Yeah park hours have no bearing on when particular experiences are open. Just means you can’t enter the park or ride rides at that time, but you can still shop etc. people have spent decades booking pre-opening CRT breakfasts so they can get empty Main Street photos.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Cais posted:

Yeah park hours have no bearing on when particular experiences are open. Just means you can’t enter the park or ride rides at that time, but you can still shop etc. people have spent decades booking pre-opening CRT breakfasts so they can get empty Main Street photos.

The joyful memories of having to stand at the Fantasyland tea cup bridge at 2:30am on an EMH night telling guests Fantasyland was closed but they could go to Main Street.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Is Homecomin just that popular or do they stick to more of their own call for reservations type system? I'm in town for a convention before my vacay at the end of September and I noticed it has nothing available at all

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct/status/1555722078963355649?t=SPg_AKyAOcBuop4-F2_duw&s=19

Omg are we really getting Universal Haunted Mansion

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Tim Whatley posted:

Is Homecomin just that popular or do they stick to more of their own call for reservations type system? I'm in town for a convention before my vacay at the end of September and I noticed it has nothing available at all

It's pretty popular but if you have a small group, it's pretty easy to get on the wait list if you go early and ask at the podium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Classic Monsters Land? That's totally my poo poo right there.