Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Certainly testimony won't start for an hour right?

There will probably be a couple of things to cover before they bring the Jury in but since they're technically in the middle of it right now I think they'll get back to it pretty quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Going to be a crazy day and still surprise us all on how crazy it will be

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Testimony will probably start 10-15 minutes after the judge comes in.

e: I was wrong - they rolled right into it.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Aug 3, 2022

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Certainly testimony won't start for an hour right?

He's sworn in, they're in the middle of his testimony and they're on the clock. It's not gonna start at 9 on the dot because it's a bunch of people first thing on a Wednesday, but I don't think they're gonna gently caress around.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Testimony will probably start 10-15 minutes after the judge comes in.

Those 15 minutes are going to be haggling over jury instructions so it's gonna be real interesting

Edit: instructions to correct Jones violating the judges orders about permissible testimony

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

I set an alarm and drug myself out of bed early for this.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

And Jones is the last witness. After he's done its all over but the closing arguments and jury deliberation. So everyone is motivated to close all this out before the weekend.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I can feel the tension in the room just by watching the stream. Everybody is very quiet.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Straight to it! Yes

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Fully expecting today to be bat poo poo crazy.

Also fully aware I'll be surprised by the crazy.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I was wrong rolling right into it.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Starting off with the JFK assassination conspiracy theory.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Right into JFK, 9/11

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

No jury instructions????

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Jones sounds sleepy

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Weren't they going to instruct the jury that Jones lied about a ton of poo poo before they started today?

Also, going right into more lies.

Dr Kallisti
Apr 9, 2014
I'm surprised we aren't doing additional jury instructions as discussed yesterday. Was it not posted, or are they planning on something else after his testimony?

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Ahaha the goddamned Gulf of Tonkin again.

You do NOT get credit for thinking the Gulf of Tonkin was fake.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Xiahou Dun posted:

No jury instructions????

I'm surprised by that, personally.

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003
lolling @ alex jones calling truthers crazy

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The bus is backing up for Stevie P again

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

My man Stevie P!

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Xiahou Dun posted:

No jury instructions????

Yea I thought they were going to get some notes about yesterday from the judge but I guess she's waiting until they are done and will give them all the info before they go make their decision

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Xiahou Dun posted:

No jury instructions????

Those happen before deliberation I think

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

He said Russia wouldn't invade! Dan standing at the back of the room screaming PERJURY

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I had not heard the "Tom Clancy books were ghost written by actual spy who was leaking info" insanity before.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Jones straight-up under oath saying Stevie P ran camp david accords and created Jack Ryan my god

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Xiahou Dun posted:

No jury instructions????

I really hope that it's just some kind of procedural thing, like it wouldn't be proper for the judge to inject that in the middle of the defense's testimony where they are still able to respond to or try to refute it — so that it either has to come up before the plaintiff's start cross examination, or when Alex is completely done.

Otherwise, that seems like a really bad sign.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

He's going to mention Halbig next, isn't he? Throwing every "expert" under the bus.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Steve P was covered in KF #340 and it's great.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

wait i thought this was going to start with cross examination

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

For the record : Stevie P said a lot of poo poo about Sandy Hook.

A LOT.

And really don't understand the lack of jury instructions.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

I had not heard the "Tom Clancy books were ghost written by actual spy who was leaking info" insanity before.

He was also covid patient zero and he cured it himself with weird pills.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Generic American posted:

I really hope that it's just some kind of procedural thing, like it wouldn't be proper for the judge to inject that in the middle of the defense's testimony where they are still able to respond to or try to refute it — so that it either has to come up before the plaintiff's start cross examination, or when Alex is completely done.

Otherwise, that seems like a really bad sign.

Jury instructions almost always happen just prior to deliberation.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

PIZZA.BAT posted:

They weren't done the original questioning from yesterday. They just gave the jury a break, but I don't remember why.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Who's Stevie P

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
She has instructed the jury in the middle during either the Owen or Daria testimony, I can't remember. They were told to wipe anything about Jones apologizing or something.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

PIZZA.BAT posted:

No, the defense wasn't done yesterday. I'd guess this is gonna last till 10am at the latest.

Dr Kallisti
Apr 9, 2014
He is starting off much more restrained (crazy, but restrained). Either the tabs are still digesting, or they know they were crossing lines and are being more disciplined.

The tension is terrible. I wonder how long it will last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

mojo1701a posted:

They weren't done the original questioning from yesterday. They just gave the jury a break, but I don't remember why.

They took a break for Mark to protest Alex Jones lying about a bunch of stuff on the stand

Dr Kallisti posted:

He is starting off much more restrained (crazy, but restrained). Either the tabs are still digesting, or they know they were crossing lines and are being more disciplined.

The tension is terrible. I wonder how long it will last.

I don't see this more subdued jones lasting through cross examination personally