Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

indigi posted:

my thing about fighting is that it isn’t a type all the Pokémon fight it’s their reason for existence. normal is at least a type cause there’s normal rear end animals even in the real world (cat, dog, for instance) and all the other types have a niche. change fighting to martial if you must

In Japanese it's Martial already, it's a translation issue (like Dark being Evil in japanese)

Sleeping Sigma posted:

Here's the map of the region, albeit in low quality.

https://twitter.com/poke_times/status/1554818136649728000

Lol what happened to Madrid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
evil doesn’t work either though Umbreoj is a good boy

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

indigi posted:

evil doesn’t work either though Umbreoj is a good boy

He's my favorite edgy goth dog. :(

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

In Japanese it's Martial already, it's a translation issue (like Dark being Evil in japanese)

I don't see anything weird. That's just how Madrid looks.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

It got poke-Pompeii'd

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

If gyms don’t scale to your current level I hope the game at least gives you some suggestion of where the best place to go first is then

Also I missed the trailer so what’s the new battle gimmick this time?

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Website basically confirms no level scaling on gyms otherwise there wouldn't be a "stronger" one to seek out.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

No character customization is a pretty damning negative for me. Not really impressed with anything else they showed either, crystal Pokemon seem very lazy to me

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

My scattered thoughts on the presentation:

-All of the new Pokémon look cool. Fidough is my baby and I love them.
-Pooper lol
-I didn't like the look of the new legendaries at first, but now that I know they turn into living Tron bikes I'm totally on board.
-Real-time multiplayer sounds like it could be fun. I love games where you get to explore with friends.
-The terra crystal stuff looks really ugly. Gonna try to make as little use of that as possible.

I think the game looks good overall! I don't remember the last time a new mainline Pokémon game looked this promising ahead of launch.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Spanish Manlove posted:

I don't see anything weird. That's just how Madrid looks.

Where's the Primal Groudon staying on holdays then? :v:

Sleeping Sigma posted:

Website basically confirms no level scaling on gyms otherwise there wouldn't be a "stronger" one to seek out.

I can't wait for the people complaining about how easy Pokemon games are to start posting "wtf why did I get killed by a lv 60 Pigganator this game is BS"

Simsmagic posted:

No character customization is a pretty damning negative for me. Not really impressed with anything else they showed either, crystal Pokemon seem very lazy to me

They showed off a few different outfits in the trailer but they also confirmed it's gonna be school uniforms all the way, enjoy trying to make you character not look like a preschooler lol.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Tbh even it being Martial in Japanese is kinda the same thing because most pure Fighting types are martial arts/training guys like Machop/Timburr/Mienfoo but most of the hybrids are just “this thing has superhuman strength” like Heracross/Bewear/Poliwrath or maybe they’re just Fighting because they’re warriors of justice like the Gen 5 musketeers.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Simsmagic posted:

?

Customization is still in, why do you think it's not?

Like there's literally customized characters in the new trailer lol.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Okay there is some customization then, but not nearly to the extent that there was in past games. I don't want to look like a schoolkid

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
How did they just now come up with a Fido pun and not like... 20 years ago

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Something tells me that, since there were hundreds of clothing options in SWSH and PLA, they are not doing away with that. The REAL issue here is that they don't seem to have brought back Let's Go's ability to dress up your pokemon :mad:

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Looks like they traded clothing variety for facial features. I doubt accessories will be all that impressive.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Simsmagic posted:

Okay there is some customization then, but not nearly to the extent that there was in past games. I don't want to look like a schoolkid

...what are you basing this off of?

EDIT: Ah, didn't see the above.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

He's so hosed up I love him

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Simsmagic posted:

That's just GF trying to make everyone realize who these games are meant for.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Procrastine posted:

Same, what the gently caress is going on with my new friend

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Cautiously excited about this one, remembering how badly they hosed up Yamper's evolution.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Procrastine posted:

he's a hosed up lil man and he's my son

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

They couldn’t be that stupid, come on.

And a lot of the leak stuff was proven wrong by that direct. Future/past versions of Pokémon? Nah bro, they made them sparkly instead.

At least one leak predicted the changing types in battle thing

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

It doesn't seem that the crystal gimmick requires held items, so at least it's not just a repackaged version of Mystic Water or Gems.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Framboise posted:

Cautiously excited about this one, remembering how badly they hosed up Yamper's evolution.

Good news, its breath contains useful yeast.

Its breath contains useful yeast, fyi.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The humans in this game look real bad. Fortunately the pokemon are very cute, which are what I'll be looking at in pokemon showdown.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
oh, fidough because it's a purebread dog

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

I can't wait for the people complaining about how easy Pokemon games are to start posting "wtf why did I get killed by a lv 60 Pigganator this game is BS"

a guy on a discord i go to won't shut up about how he won't know the gym order and thus grind for one gym only to be overlevelled for another gym, ruining the game

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IDwkoeX7ck

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's breath contains useful yeast

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
*slams table*

BREAD DOG BREAD DOG BREAD DOG!

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I love him.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Scholtz posted:

Good news, its breath contains useful yeast.

Its breath contains useful yeast, fyi.
this dog brews 11640 litres of beer per second

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Honestly the fast that it moves like an animal rather than a machine is the main appeal to me.

Fidough is an abomination.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

That dog drunk as hell

what the dog brewin'

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Hogama posted:

this dog brews 11640 litres of beer per second

BEER DOG BEST DOG

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Procrastine posted:

he's going to have base 20 speed and supposedly good defences and still melt to any fire/fighting/steel type that looks at him funny

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Simsmagic posted:

No character customization is a pretty damning negative for me.

what the gently caress

MorningMoon posted:

a guy on a discord i go to won't shut up about how he won't know the gym order and thus grind for one gym only to be overlevelled for another gym, ruining the game

as if there won’t be a page that has every gym’s trainers and levels on serebii at midnight on release

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Nihilarian posted:

he's going to have base 20 speed and supposedly good defences and still melt to any fire/fighting/steel type that looks at him funny

It does have thick fat as one of its abilities at least so that removes the fire weakness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Nihilarian posted:

Good thing I can turn him into a Rock type with terastal

wait, gently caress!!!