Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Poor dog has oral thrush

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Framboise posted:

BEER DOG BEST DOG

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Desperate Character posted:

It does have thick fat as one of its abilities at least so that removes the fire weakness
i didnt notice the ability, that does help some

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Koraidon simply chooses not to ride on the wheels.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Futurebike game also has professor beefcake so I think the choice here is obvious

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
This Pokémon Has a Moist, Smooth Feeling to It​

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Fidough gets more upsetting the more I think about it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
1) I’m glad they fixed raiding speed. and everyone who said “oh the animations have to play like that and turns must take 100 seconds” get hosed lollll

2) they really did just c/p raids from swish. that’s fine I guess but I wish they would have mixed it up more

3) the Tera thing seemed fully bankrupt til they revealed rare Tera types and I was like oh…. I guess I’ll be spending one thousand hours looking for rares

(3a) are crystals special in Iberia or something, why is that the gimmick?)

4) lack of customization is balls

5) the Scarlet legendary sucks poo poo but I like cavelady. Hmm

I do wish they didn’t put so much focus on What’s This Gen’s Battle Gimmick That Will Be Dropped Forever. just make a good gimmick and keep it around, iterate on it. with the exception of Z crystals they’re just doing megas-but-cumbersome-plus-you-can’t-mega-anymore which is already wearing thin, like this poo poo is just megas but you can grind to customize the evo a bit (or wait til the DLC when there will be an item to change it)

NONETHELESS, I remain excited and optimistic. it looks good and smooth which is great.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Zuzie posted:

I already want to nibble on my dog’s ear sometimes

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Zuzie posted:

Useful Yeast

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

indigi posted:

I do wish they didn’t put so much focus on What’s This Gen’s Battle Gimmick That Will Be Dropped Forever. just make a good gimmick and keep it around, iterate on it. with the exception of Z crystals they’re just doing megas-but-cumbersome-plus-you-can’t-mega-anymore which is already wearing thin, like this poo poo is just megas but you can grind to customize the evo a bit (or wait til the DLC when there will be an item to change it)

NONETHELESS, I remain excited and optimistic. it looks good and smooth which is great.

Complete agreement.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

indigi posted:

We have the world's largest crystal cave, but nothing else that I know.

Also I wonder if Terralax is gonna be like Dynamax, that seemed inocuouus and then it turned out it was too OP on singles. I can already see poo poo like Landorus changing to Water type to gently caress over his counters.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

indigi posted:

1) I’m glad they fixed raiding speed. and everyone who said “oh the animations have to play like that and turns must take 100 seconds” get hosed lollll

2) they really did just c/p raids from swish. that’s fine I guess but I wish they would have mixed it up more

3) the Tera thing seemed fully bankrupt til they revealed rare Tera types and I was like oh…. I guess I’ll be spending one thousand hours looking for rares

4) lack of customization is balls

5) the Scarlet legendary sucks poo poo but I like cavelady. Hmm

agreed 100% with this, looks cool and good even if 'uh fuckin...make em crystals' is a real dumb gimmick in a long parade of meaningless dumb gimmicks nobody cares about and I too will be torn between my dislike of the red legendary and my deep appreciation of Professor Cute Lil Fangs whatever her real name is.

Did they not reveal the second forms for the starters? I thought that was part of the leaks going around for this chunk of info.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

MorningMoon posted:

a guy on a discord i go to won't shut up about how he won't know the gym order and thus grind for one gym only to be overlevelled for another gym, ruining the game

lol at the idea of you have to do a specific gym when you find it. If you aren't leveled for it, just move on to another town.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

okay at least they have a somewhat shallow reason for the crystal thing then, that does make it less stupid for me at least if they're actually referencing a thing Spain is known for.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Zuzie posted:

a handful of pages ago we were talking about the most edible pokemon and then bam, here's a lump of raw bread

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

that’s enough, it’s good now

I wonder what the design rationale was behind “crystal form means poo poo pops out of their head”

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I have to charge my JO Terastallize Crystal before battle

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So if I understand correctly, Terastallizing is kind of like the Z Moves from SM except this time the move is a completely different type than the Pokémon using it has naturally

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
The motorcycle forms look a lot less dumb than I thought they would.

Tera types weren’t explained well. Do they completely change the type of a Pokémon? Because the leaks imply they just boost the power of moves that are the same type.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Top right seems to imply that they'll be revisiting the idea of dual typed moves.

Good.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the text at the top right here means double-typing is a thing now right? like standard Tera Eevee using body slam would get STABx2?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Larryb posted:

So if I understand correctly, Terastallizing is kind of like the Z Moves from SM except this time the move is a completely different type than the Pokémon using it has naturally

no it just adds a type-bonus to your pokemon’s attacks. might impact other stats but we don’t know yet

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Shneak posted:

The motorcycle forms look a lot less dumb than I thought they would.

Tera types weren’t explained well. Do they completely change the type of a Pokémon? Because the leaks imply they just boost the power of moves that are the same type.

Defensively it’s changed to the new type.

Offensively they still get stab, but their original types also buff their moves.

AardvarkGrenadier
Mar 29, 2010

indigi posted:

that’s enough, it’s good now

I wonder what the design rationale was behind “crystal form means poo poo pops out of their head”

It's so you can easily recognize what the type has changed to so you don't have to blindly guess when they terrastalize.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

AardvarkGrenadier posted:

It's so you can easily recognize what the type has changed to so you don't have to blindly guess when they terrastalize.

but why does it spring forth from their skull? probably didn’t want to come up with 400+ unique ways to incorporate the tera effect into the mon’s design but that’s still an interesting choice

AardvarkGrenadier
Mar 29, 2010

indigi posted:

but why does it spring forth from their skull? probably didn’t want to come up with 400+ unique ways to incorporate the tera effect into the mon’s design

Yeah, it's something that is highly noticable and useable across all pokemon. This way, a quick glance can tell you what the new type is and it is the same whether its luvdisc or mewtwo.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It’ll lead to some fun surprises, and give you more variety when tackling gyms.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

sexpig by night posted:

Did they not reveal the second forms for the starters? I thought that was part of the leaks going around for this chunk of info.

There isn't really a "chunk of info" in that way, the leaker has access to either a beta version or something similar and is basically leaking things at random. It just so happened that some things lined up here.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Countblanc posted:

There isn't really a "chunk of info" in that way, the leaker has access to either a beta version or something similar and is basically leaking things at random. It just so happened that some things lined up here.

ah, misunderstood, I thought the leaks were for what was coming with this announcement not a general leak thing.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

sexpig by night posted:

okay at least they have a somewhat shallow reason for the crystal thing then, that does make it less stupid for me at least if they're actually referencing a thing Spain is known for.

I mean at least in terms of references Lechonk and Smoliv already win, there's nothing more Spanish than iberic ham and virgin olive oil (also the northwest being flooded lakes, I remember when I was younger going to school one rainy day and the courtyard was flooded to almost the point of reaching the entrance)

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Terastillizing is just the dumbest word ever. Just call it crystallizing!

I really don’t want to ride the ugly legendaries everywhere and would prefer not to look like an elementary school student.

Fidough is pretty cute though. I hope it evolves into Cakepup or Purebread.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I feel like we'll never get megas again part because of not wanting to repeat gimmicks and part because it created haves and have-nots. The one thing Z-Moves, Dynamax, and now these crystals have in common is that there are generic versions that anyone can use. Unless we get some kind of Pokemon kaio-ken, you're never getting that for Megas.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

The Bee posted:

I feel like we'll never get megas again part because of not wanting to repeat gimmicks and part because it created haves and have-nots. The one thing Z-Moves, Dynamax, and now these crystals have in common is that there are generic versions that anyone can use. Unless we get some kind of Pokemon kaio-ken, you're never getting that for Megas.

Which is a good thing, because everyone's favorites deserve to get to enjoy the Generation Gimmick™. I'll die on this hill. :colbert:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Bread dog is going to evolve into a delicious toastie boi. Also for for all the bellyaching about customization it's finally doing what I've always wanted it to do which is actually change our characters facial features. So yeah we're stuck in crappy school clothes but we don't have to look like infants.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I like Koraidon…:saddowns:

Anyway, I’ll withhold judgment on the customization until I see more options. I’m pretty boring in how I kit up my character anyway. I’m just glad we’re back to being able to play hatless. BDSP :argh:

Teralizing or whatever is actually a really cool concept that looks stupid as poo poo. These games are easy enough that maybe I’ll give myself the ever-so-slight handicap of just never using it.

Fidough and Cetitan are Pooper are all winners, yes.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
https://twitter.com/tontaro_/status/1554836253673082884

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Paras needs to be in this game so I can give it the Ice type. Imagine, the biggest Fire weakness in the game, times 2!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
Crystal forms looks pretty meh but gameplaywise could be a somewhat interesting mechanic. Probably not alone in thinking they should've just brought back Mega Evolutions, but I'm guessing people have been saying that for years. Not having gyms with level scaling seems like a huge missed opportunity and kind of a baffling decision for an open world game touting you can do any order you want. Not really unless you want to be way overleveled for the "early" gyms.