Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

paul harris posted:

who is "yall"?

|gently caress that, gently caress that....................|
|Y'all want a single, say gently caress that|
|gently caress that, gently caress that....................|
|Y'all want a single, say gently caress that|
|Boom, boom, boom, boom........|
\______________________________/
................... /...............................

PathAsc fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Aug 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Three-week character fun status: Still having it.

Born in High Sec
Raised in a cave
HONKing in Local
Is all I crave

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Wibla posted:

The joke's on you for enabling avatars tbh :sun:

Who the hell reads usernames when you can just look at avs?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

CainFortea posted:

Who the hell reads usernames when you can just look at avs?

But what if someone changes your AV and you also happen to make a good post? Ppl will be all confused.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Dalael posted:

But what if someone changes your AV and you also happen to make a good post? Ppl will be all confused.

That's part of the joy of the forums.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

PhilippAchtel posted:

Three-week character fun status: Still having it.

Born in High Sec
Raised in a cave
HONKing in Local
Is all I crave

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE
just a quick reminder that CCP has all of 4 actual programming devs for their spaceship game

every time you ponder the thought of "I wonder if CCP will impliment a good balance change or new content" just circle back around to this factoid and derive your own expectation(s)

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

Mederlock posted:

This is a poo poo-fit and it barely tanked compared to what it could have if it had a better fit. NOS's on a BS is pants on head silly, the triple Ancil's are dumb because you have no long term sustain, especially if you run out of charges. The Officer co procs add nothing to the fit except useless bling, he wasn't even using a low grade crystal pod, he has no way to grapple/web down smaller ships, there's just so much wrong with that fit

Whatcha talking about? It made a nice 2bill isk kill mail.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Bigbillthaboss posted:

just a quick reminder that CCP has all of 4 actual programming devs for their spaceship game

every time you ponder the thought of "I wonder if CCP will impliment a good balance change or new content" just circle back around to this factoid and derive your own expectation(s)

That would be astonishing if so. You're sure that's not "the live platform team has four engineers on it"? Because when I was there they had numerous scrum teams, each with about that many engineers. Is this from a quoted CCP source?

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

paul harris posted:

~snip~
anyway, actually talking about this game like the thread is meant for, i am in character creation and want to know what the differences between these empires is gameplay wise. do i unlock dialogue options if i pick one or the other?

They don't mean crap anymore. They use to but now that CCP has 'schitt-house' how the game is played......

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015
To answer you question, 'Red Mist' is a slang term used by riders to describe how angry they get when they almost get killed by some neck beard tart who thinks his/her Facebook account is more important than their driving skills. They typically come to the realization that they fawked up when they see their side view mirror flying across the hood of their car and the rider with a single finger salute zooming off into the distance.

So in essence, 'Red Mist in the panties' refer to having to the more common slang of 'butt-hurt' or 'sand in the va$ina' type.

I am also glad that Asher has taken up the mantel of the next Caesar and hopefully he won't get the 'Et tu Brute?' treatment.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

RazNation posted:

To answer you question, 'Red Mist' is a slang term used by riders to describe how angry they get when they almost get killed by some neck beard tart who thinks his/her Facebook account is more important than their driving skills. They typically come to the realization that they fawked up when they see their side view mirror flying across the hood of their car and the rider with a single finger salute zooming off into the distance.

So in essence, 'Red Mist in the panties' refer to having to the more common slang of 'butt-hurt' or 'sand in the va$ina' type.

I am also glad that Asher has taken up the mantel of the next Caesar and hopefully he won't get the 'Et tu Brute?' treatment.

What the gently caress are you talking about?

Edit oh you were referring to a post from eight days ago. Quote is a useful tool for context. Of course, then people might notice that you were tacitly complaining that black people are allowed to drop the N bomb but get upset when you do it...

Endie fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Aug 3, 2022

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

andromache posted:

Anders is a shitbird. Really hope the new DA wont suck!

anders did nothing wrong :skink:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Endie posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about?

Edit oh you were referring to a post from eight days ago. Quote is a useful tool for context. Of course, then people might notice that you were tacitly complaining that black people are allowed to drop the N bomb but get upset when you do it...

He's talking about a post made like 3 days/15 pages ago or something like that

e;fb by the op

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
I haven't really been following the thread recently as I've been really busy but someone linked me TiS as our snuffed marshal drop thing was mentioned so I was being very vain and giving it a listen

They then went into the change of leadership over in goons so I figured I'd check in here and see whats up. It sounds like good news although I don't know a great deal about null so I can't comment too much.

I appreciate we are 80 pages deep but if anyone is looking for a home I'm sure local is primary could find a place for you- we are strongly anti shitter so it's a good group, but we do live in null sec and are a relatively small group - if you are looking to find out about the upcoming faction warfare changes announced at fan fest, do look us up tho

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

Endie posted:

~snip~ Of course, then people might notice that you were tacitly complaining that black people are allowed to drop the N bomb but get upset when you do it...

Sorry, my posting sucks even after sitting in the dungeon for a week.

I will try to do better.

But the ten pages of venomous vomit sprayed amongst the locals was quit entertaining.

paul harris
Oct 22, 2020
The word “doxing” is derived from the term “dropping documents.” Doxing is a form of cyberbullying that uses sensitive or secret information, statements, or records for the harassment, exposure, or other exploitation of targeted individuals.
whoever suggested karmafleet as a place to join, thank you so much. you're a good person.

what an amazing grouo and the bigger group, goonswarm federation, is also full of awesome people from top to bottom from what i've seen and they are all really level headed and chill.

in the interest of fairness they should be added to the OP since they are goons, and it seems lots of the people posting in the thread are also members there.

paul harris fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Aug 4, 2022

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

paul harris posted:

whoever suggested karmafleet as a place to join, thank you so much. you're a good person.

what an amazing grouo and the bigger group, goonswarm federation, is also full of awesome people from top to bottom from what i've seen and they are all really level headed and chill.

in the interest of fairness they should be added to the OP since they are goons, and it seems lots of the people posting in the thread are also members there.

2/10. Good effort globby.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

paul harris posted:

same

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

RazNation posted:

• A:sheasherashasherr i typeevery fucken tag&&& bracket by handbtwno slack in my macksher is a good guy. I've never seen anyone say a bad word about the guy, or seen anyone describe him acting lovely to anyone. I think he's a great choice

• I actually just wrote him a big PM giving my own firsthand experience and involvement in this and the context around, as-well as an offer to discuss potential solutions to currently extant issues, as-well as ideas to help his organization fully distance itself from past ones, so he can run the space-team without being eternally chased by the ghosts of other's sins, and so that as much of a resolution can be found as possible for people who still feel hurt, upset, concerned etc. by the decisions and behavior of current/former members.
  • My intents here is to try to facilitate relieving what I'd assume is a feeling like "nothing will be enough, any attempt to say anything or reach compromise will be rejected, so why bother" kind of feel from line-members and directors who throw their hands up in frustration when faced with a lot of those individual situations at once.
  • There's a lot of misunderstanding and resulting hopelessness and it makes a lot of sense why when I look at it the way I'd imagine people like xttz who come into the thread and try to figure out how to make it right and have a lotta misdirected anger and it'll make it hard to wanna cooperate, even if you come into it with that attitude.
  • People tend to get defensive when they feel attacked, particularly if they do not understand why they are being attacked, then until they stop feeling attacked, oftentimes they won't think about what might be wrong, because 'that's what the jerks want'. Brains are dumb y'all - keep that in mind

i absolutely get how it can be difficult for people who haven't been close to the situation(s) to differentiate who is
    • genuinely upset for a valid reason
    • what/who they're upset about
    • if they have any direct involvement, or are upset about an already settled issue, etc.
    • if there's a way to resolve any of it
    • how to find out any of this information credibly
    apart from
    • people flinging poo poo because they like to fling poo poo
    • people flinging poo poo before this went down who already had an agenda, where it just gave them more ammo to fling poo poo
    • (which is bad, do not use actual situations of abuse, harassment, or coverups of those as a political tool to mess with your rivals in a videogame. That is wrong and it's disrespectful as hell. if you've got 8 people with you, you are statistically likely to be flying with survivors of abuse, the people you're saying it to may be as-well, please remember that stuff is real and not the same thing as 'y'all are renters' or 'your fleet comp sucks', you know?)

• Brisc: I've also apologized to Brisc directly about what happened and also for just being extremely abrasive towards him (and he was very chill about it, and didn't have to be. ty Brisc :) )
    In hindsight it's "duh you just revealed this Mittani's been harboring a pedo for a decade, don't publicly holler at a dude who's been doing a twitch stream with him for a couple years, asking for an immediate response on it because he's probably in shock like "What the gently caress?", same as you, dummy!"
    I still don't know if that's what caused what happened, but it was reckless enough that it scared me and I recognize that it's not good praxis (lil eve ref 4 ya) regardless

when i made the comment of 'it prob. being some cesspool nerd loving w/ Brisc' was not intended to read as "cesspool did this". still got no idea who did it. that thought was entirely based on cesspool being known by me to have plenty of people who'd been hatin' on Brisc from his proximity to Mittani, and knowing that it wasn't anybody in delta or from this thread. not because i had any reason to think or was implying cesspool was a place known for doxxing people., I don't know how many people read it that way, I haven't had anyone say anything, I'm trying to be proactive here, after thinking back on comments I'd made and am trying to correct any possible misinterpretations or screw-ups, just in case. which leads me to:

• C: eussmspooDear the cesspool: i know y'all love to sling poo poo and there's nothing wrong with that, do it bb, provided the above w/r/t real life bad stuff is respected, i'm not harping on anybody and won't as long as that's respected - which it has been after some initial stuff, the worst I've seen is /r/eve posters & copypasted local-logs, lol. I just felt like it was important to make that point in general, not a 'shame on you' thing.
    i just wanna clear up a thing & apologize for a misstatement 'cuz i don't wanna drag you for no reason and I'm trying to be as proactive as I can to prevent bad blood or misunderstandings.
    I wasn't too familiar with cesspool before this, I just idled and was rarely active, and knew little except that they do not and did not like mittani or the mittani related/shaped people/objects. I've since have become familiar enough to know it's not a hive of villainy, just a hive of cumposting and zkill links and big gifs and stuff, and did not mean to imply it was something other than that.

I've never seen anyone discussing/doing that there, and i know if you try you'll get kickbanned fast, and I wasn't assuming or intending to convey that it was any sort of endorsed/organized thing; It totally could've been a r/eve nerd in the same sense, but i'm not saying r/eve was "behind it" either :) it seemed like one rando then & nothing's changed afaik.

I just said the same thing in their channel a little earlier but i wanna say it here too just to clear the record on that.
I'm trying to resolve issues. I don't want people to be upset or have reputations slandered, or other people to be worried like I'm just waiting in the rafters to fuckin' pounce on people or blame people for poo poo - that's not what I do and July was a hell of a month.

I'm trying to do what I can to keep this from turning into a molasses churn of unhappiness. I don't want a forever blood-feud with anybody. I don't think many other people do
I'm entirely trying to resolve things that can be resolved at this stage, I don't like having beef with people and I'm just tryna resolve/avoid potential conflicts or upsets

(if anyone wants to talk w/ me about any of this, hit me up on discord or PM me, I don't want to drag this out more in this thread and am not intending to import drama at all, but I wanted to clear up the stuff I said earlier, since it was said in this thread. Same with any questions/disputes about anything that's been claimed, like I'm not telling people they can't post here, just that they can contact me and I'll point them to the info so it's not perpetually rehashed in this thread, until a full catalogue of the important stuff is finished)

FirstnameLastname fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Aug 4, 2022

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

paul harris posted:

:rubby:

no

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

FirstnameLastname posted:

[*]A:sheasherashasherr i typeevery fucken tag&&[super]& bracket by handbtwno slack in my mack

been saying this

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

paul harris posted:

reminder that this troll wandered in here from PYF on August 1st
you sure seem to have a firm grasp of the situation from two days of shitposting!

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
"everyone that doesn't have my opinion is a troll or alt of someone i don't like"

grow up lmao

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

"everyone that doesn't have my opinion is a troll or alt of someone i don't like"

grow up lmao

yeah im sure hes managed to interact with the entirety of GSF "from top to bottom" in a single afternoon you loving moron
you absolutely deserve that red text, being a contrarian isnt a personality

seriously just loving lmao globby if you cant see that that rear end in a top hat is trolling

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Mr. Grinch posted:

yeah im sure hes managed to interact with the entirety of GSF "from top to bottom" in a single afternoon you loving moron
you absolutely deserve that red text, being a contrarian isnt a personality

seriously just loving lmao globby if you cant see that that rear end in a top hat is trolling

trolling or not, he's right. gsf is far superior in literally every way to those bad excuses for corporations in the op

Mr. Grinch posted:

maybe you can make him your protege then and scour the galaxy demanding that everyone provide proof of sufficient fun metrics

how can u have fun if all u do is die and scout for 4 hours just to get baited?

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Aug 4, 2022

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

maybe you can make him your protege then and scour the galaxy demanding that everyone provide proof of sufficient fun metrics

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Globby to become CCP employee, first assignment: stamp out highsec ganking. Succeeds in 2 months, then is let go in downsizing. In his exit interview the HR rep gets up and leaves, leaving a monocle in a presentation case behind.

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Aug 4, 2022

paul harris
Oct 22, 2020
The word “doxing” is derived from the term “dropping documents.” Doxing is a form of cyberbullying that uses sensitive or secret information, statements, or records for the harassment, exposure, or other exploitation of targeted individuals.

Mr. Grinch posted:

reminder that this troll wandered in here from PYF on August 1st
you sure seem to have a firm grasp of the situation from two days of shitposting!

im here to play a game and have fun, not impotently scream at people

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

gsf is far superior in literally every way to those bad excuses for corporations in the op

yeah, they at least treat me like i am a human being and not some made up boogeyman haunting their thoughts every day

paul harris fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Aug 4, 2022

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Saying "GSF is superior in every way" while there are still question marks about its attitude to things like transphobia and misogyny is kinda proving everyone's point btw

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Vando posted:

Saying "GSF is superior in every way" while there are still question marks about its attitude to things like transphobia and misogyny is kinda proving everyone's point btw

Mr. Grinch posted:

seriously just loving lmao Vando if you cant see that that rear end in a top hat is trolling

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I don't think he's trolling in the sense he's saying things he doesn't think are true, yes he's obviously intentionally saying things people won't like but he's giving his honest opinion.

If I was a GSF person thinking things could be reformed I'd be pretty pissed because he's demonstrating the exact opposite.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Vando posted:

If I was a GSF person thinking things could be reformed I'd be pretty pissed because he's demonstrating the exact opposite.

I am, I'm not. It's Globby. It's like getting mad at silverfish.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Once again: saying "it's just X" is pretty much the entire problem and it doesn't reflect well on you

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Vando posted:

Once again: saying "it's just X" is pretty much the entire problem and it doesn't reflect well on you

You fell for globby trolling.

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account
I hindsight and maybe going forward GSF needs a position within leadership of a Naysayer. Every time a director has a dumb idea. There should be someone semi-immune from blacklisting / purging who tells them how stupid that idea is if it is indeed stupid. A voice of dissonance to keep the leadership sane.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

I hindsight and maybe going forward GSF needs a position within leadership of a Naysayer. Every time a director has a dumb idea. There should be someone semi-immune from blacklisting / purging who tells them how stupid that idea is if it is indeed stupid. A voice of dissonance to keep the leadership sane.

You're extremely dumb irl if you believe this after witnessing a literal purge of 'schismatics' who did nothing more than what you're talking about.

Like, have you thought about incorporating objective facts to your thought process? Magical thinking is for...

Ohh, red hat. OK yeah nevermind.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
EvE Online Delenda Est

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Rust Martialis posted:

You fell for globby trolling.

You really need to grasp the idea that whether it's trolling or 100% genuine doesn't matter.