Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

So Christmas, ish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Sir Tonk posted:

That video of Tim watching and critiquing his death stranding review is fascinating. Highly recommended.

it's really funny, whenever he watches his own videos on stream he just cackles at nearly everything
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArZlctD7-9Y

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I may just rewatch the Tokimeki Memorial review just to scratch the itch. It feels like the Cyberpunk 2077 review was just a few weeks ago but it was loving October when it came out. A half of a year has passed and I need to hear Tim wax loquaciously over video games for a few hours.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
tim….. please…..

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

tim is a streamer now, he has forsaken us

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
just finished watching season 2, amazing stuff. still surprised with the decision to make a 4 hour episode on Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town for the gameboy advance but hell, trust the system

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

star eater posted:

tim….. please…..

An entire community, desperate for a hello

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Countblanc posted:

just finished watching season 2, amazing stuff. still surprised with the decision to make a 4 hour episode on Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town for the gameboy advance but hell, trust the system

I won’t lie, I shed a tear or two watching the Ski Free episode

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I imagine tim will get a vid out before the end of the year. Looking forward to it. Signed, the realistic expectations haver

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I can't wait for his next review, of Hollow Knight: Silksong

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I get my Tim fix listening to Insert Credit. It's not the same, but...

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Shinjobi posted:

An entire community, desperate for a hello

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Jan 1, 2021: Tokimeki Memorial
Oct 26, 2021: Cyberpunk

9 months 25 days.

Aug. 2, 2022: still nothing. But it's only been 9 months and 7 days so far.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Waltzing Along posted:

Jan 1, 2021: Tokimeki Memorial
Oct 26, 2021: Cyberpunk

9 months 25 days.

Aug. 2, 2022: still nothing. But it's only been 9 months and 7 days so far.

To quote from his latest Patreon post, on April 25:

Tim Rogers posted:

I won't try to put a release date on this video, though given that the video involves a game about the season of Summer, I'd like to get it out before the beginning of Summer. I'd most specifically like to get it out before the beginning of June. That'd be really nice. Though sometimes the machine has an objection, et cetera.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Summer 2023 it is

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Natsuyasumi has passed, kids are going back to school soon around my area. :(

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Can’t wait for the Final Fantasy IV/II review in 2025

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I think a vid per year is a realistic pace for a non crunching tim, I got any expectations otherwise out of my system in the cyberpunk hype cycle. Looking forward to it at any speed

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Only the worst YouTube nerds have any kind of regular update cycle anyway so if anything this is just a further mark of quality

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What about the patreons who are spending $36 or more per year for...very little. Really seems like a grift at this point. I wonder if Tim will tell everyone he needs a new neck.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

What about the patreons who are spending $36 or more per year for...very little. Really seems like a grift at this point. I wonder if Tim will tell everyone he needs a new neck.

They get to hang out in his discord or something and be part of whatever passes for a community on a discord server about one specific nerd doing super niche marathon length YouTube videos once a year.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I don't think tim's holding a gun to anyone's head forcing them to subscribe. If you believe anything he says about release dates at this point I think that's at least as much of a you problem as a him problem. All in all, seems like something for market forces to sort out

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's like poetry, it rhymes.

Donate to patreon
Content creation slows
Frustration with patreon
Continue subscription anyway

If the wait is driving anyone bonkers I say just stop donating. Hell, I'm not even on the patreon! But it seems silly to expect a fast pace from ol' Timmy. He's made it clear for a while now the stuff he's been able to put out, when he was able to do so, was all the product of crunch and working under illness.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The production process for his videos commentating on games is basically it’s own commentary on the production process of games.

Makes u think

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Which video has Tim saying in a very Tim voice "Do not worry about going to Target before you leave. There is Target at your destination".

I think about that when I'm worried about packing for a trip sometimes.

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat

Waltzing Along posted:

what about the suckers who have been in the $10 tier for two years and are never going to get this upcoming feature?

Tim Rogers posted:

You will gain access to a mysterious (optional) in-development feature of the Action Button Dot Net website that we are too excited about to spoil. Trust me: it's gonna be neat.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Tim's friday night streams with his only friend Mimsy are a pretty good time. He went a little into the video making progress a couple weeks ago and it sounds nightmarish.

Not saying his Patreon is or is not worth it. I don't sub to it, personally.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

On a recent insert credit he said something about spending a full week doing extremely mundane/manual video production button pushing, so who knows, maybe it’s getting close to release.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

History Comes Inside! posted:

The production process for his videos commentating on games is basically it’s own commentary on the production process of games.

Makes u think

I'm thinkin about it

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
It would be funny if the next review turns out to be another review of Madden, but 10 hours long this time

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I swear the one ep of Insert Credit i listened to was awful. everyone sounded REALLY annoyed with Timmy

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Tim Rogers is best enjoyed neat, not watered down

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I listen to Insert Credit to get my occasional weekly dose of Tim (whenever he's actually on the show), and he just kinda talks about whatever the hell he wants to talk about, relevant or not. I fuckin love it.

He's the life of the show whether anyone else would want to admit it or not; episodes he's not on are immediately less entertaining.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I've never heard of Insert Credit but it sounds like the sort of show that comes out once or twice a decade.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I tried listening to it once but even as a moderate tim fan it didn't click for me at all. They actually do seem to keep up a fairly consistent weekly or biweekly schedule for it so good on them

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

The Timless episodes of IC are good in a totally different way than the ones with Tim, because he has to be the main character all the time. Which is good if you like him, probably horribly annoying if you don't

Apes-A-Poppin
Dec 3, 2015

Tim's either the best or worst part of Insert Credit, depending on if you're his fan. IMO the best episodes are the ones with guests like Bennett Foddy, Liz Ryerson, Chris Remo. Or that one Scottish dude, he's hilarious.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Tim is the main character of the story of grift and procrastination.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

No Mods No Masters posted:

I tried listening to it once but even as a moderate tim fan it didn't click for me at all. They actually do seem to keep up a fairly consistent weekly or biweekly schedule for it so good on them

I’m a big tim fan but gently caress hell he’s awful without a script imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
he gave his 2021 GOTY to Fuga Melodies of Steel so he gets a pass