Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Torching my career in law for Alex Jones LOL I REST MY CASE YOUR HONOR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Belle Delphine Bathwater::Alex Jones Sweat

he could make a MINT

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Not their greatest of days huh. As the defence wait in the court room.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Will Reynal remember to spit out his gum before arguments? yes/no

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

my man AJ was sitting there for like 30 minutes, boiling mad because he couldn't shout back like in his podcasts, and at one point when the lawyer was saying something about "Alex is not the real victim, that's ridiculous", Alex almost lunged at him and someone behind him put his hand on Alex to hold him back

tbh I missed whatever Alex said, but he was clearly rocking back and forth in his seat lol

Alex fuckin' squared up in his chair, and the lawyer continued his addressed-directly-to-Alex-using-Alex's-name-and-looking-him-in-the-eyes diatribe. Didn't give him an inch. It was incredible.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I want to emphatically state that I am not a lawyer. I have never passed the bar exam. I do not keep up to date on current law. I completely talk out of my own rear end when it comes to this topic and will always be up front and admit that.

But I also think I think I would be a better lawyer than Reynal. Infact, I'm thinking about getting into it now because I'm clearly overqualified.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

GarudaPrime posted:

How many parents can just sue him after this for the same thing? I know it must suck to be last to the trough, but honestly he's going to keep making stupid money hand over fist every year until he croaks from a massive heart attack right? How many other weird things can he get sued over from all the years he's been spewing insanity for?

In Texas, defamation requires the person being defamed to be specifically named. Alex Jones has been a bit more careful about saying names.
CT doesn't have this requirement which is why different parents are suing him there.
I believe he is also being sued by the person he misidentified as the Parkland Shooter.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Devor posted:

Will Reynal remember to spit out his gum before arguments? yes/no

He better hope this judge isn't actually the devil.

But with gum instead.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

duz posted:

In Texas, defamation requires the person being defamed to be specifically named. Alex Jones has been a bit more careful about saying names.
CT doesn't have this requirement which is why different parents are suing him there.
I believe he is also being sued by the person he misidentified as the Parkland Shooter.

I wonder if that's about to change because you know he named names in that data drop.

Stolkin
Aug 10, 2013

KitConstantine posted:

I don't think it could have been introduced into evidence if Mark was unable to prove he received it legally?

Lawyers wanna comment?

I can only speak about up here (Canada), but our jurisprudence is clear that illegally-obtained evidence can still be presented in civil Court, provided it is not otherwise privileged.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE.

Knuckle Sammich
May 4, 2009
Reynal sets up on the now empty courtroom, organizes his notes, makes sure everything is squared up, places suicide pill in the dias.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I’m half seriously wondering if his lawyer is deliberately trying to make a case for the trial to be thrown out on incompetent counsel grounds.

How do you accidentally send the plaintiffs such incredibly damning evidence?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

TheMightyBoops posted:

Someone should put together a playlist of entertaining recorded civil suits to watch when this is over.

This live feed goes away forever after the trial, right? bit of a shame if so, but glad I caught some delightful moments

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Alex Jones calling the fact that he has multiple trials for this "triple jeopardy"

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Let's get a pool going on whether or not someone Gary Plauchés AJ on his way out of one of his trials.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/status/1554886313823703040?s=20&t=o9aY_WziEBqiuswGh3sRIg

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I want to emphatically state that I am not a lawyer. I have never passed the bar exam. I do not keep up to date on current law. I completely talk out of my own rear end when it comes to this topic and will always be up front and admit that.

But I also think I think I would be a better lawyer than Reynal. Infact, I'm thinking about getting into it now because I'm clearly overqualified.

I’m very unsure what Reynal is even good at when it comes to trial. He very loving bad at civ pro, he’s poo poo at controlling his own witnesses, and his grasp on the rules of evidence is shaky at best.

I haven’t been chair in court in a long time and I would not make most of those mistakes.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
"This is TRIPPLE JEOPARDY..."
'Uh so this, Connecticut...You gonna go?"
*lawyer puts hand on Alex and mumbles "don't answer that"*

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
hot mic on alex lollll

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
lol he's angrily whispering to that guy about "both sides!" lying

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Honestly, this just reminds me of when I was in litigation support and had to work on a case involving IP theft. I was asked to load the defendant's Outlook history onto a PC, and the VERY FIRST email that comes up is the guy emailing all the relevant data to his personal email account. I pretty much looked at the attorneys, shrugged and said "Welp, there ya go."

This phone stuff is like, three orders of magnitude more incompetent and I love it.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Who is the bald man

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Coming in VERY clear on this hot mic. Nobody tell him.

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Lol when bankston said they have all his text messages I was in such disbelief I thought they had been offered willingly and thought "how strange of the defense to turn that material over, but I'm not a lawyer they must have had a reason for it"

Lmao

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

Vakal posted:

He better hope this judge isn't actually the devil.

But with gum instead.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Nelson Mandingo posted:

OBJECTION!
We have not seen any evidence so far that Reynal is in fact a lawyer.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

They said the phone's contents are on Dropbox. Good thing no Dropbox accounts have ever been compromised before.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Reynal is prepping his giant note pad!

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

my terrible hearing/cheap speakers can't make him out.

What's he saying?

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Tree Dude posted:

Coming in VERY clear on this hot mic. Nobody tell him.

It's a shame the audio quality is a little bit grainy at times (and that they don't have spy microphones trained on the defense bench at all times)

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Swear I just heard him say "well, corporate medias dead"

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

KitConstantine posted:

I don't think it could have been introduced into evidence if Mark was unable to prove he received it legally?

Lawyers wanna comment?

Depends on the evidence and jurisdiction but you can often introduce it in civil cases as long as you can lay a proper foundation.

Most of the search/seizure rules apply to state actions so criminal cases.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Catastrophe posted:

They said the phone's contents are on Dropbox. Good thing no Dropbox accounts have ever been compromised before.

I'm sure they picked a strong password.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Tree Dude posted:

Court charades!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

gregday posted:

Who is the bald man

i think hes a documentary dude from hbo which is why hes so chummy with alex

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

gregday posted:

Who is the bald man

I think that's the HBO crew. There's the youtube stream which is run by the court and cannot be duplicated or rewound, one other youtube channel that's allowed to film, and supposedly a documentary film crew.

The bald guy will be following the other trials as well by the sound of it.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Tree Dude posted:

I've missed all of his previous notepad shenanigans - very very excited to see what sort of cockamamy horseshit comes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Trillhouse posted:

I'm sure they picked a strong password.

PATRIOT1776