Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

It's wild that infowars make so much loving money but they can't find good representation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

loving Moron posted:

Poopative damages.

I will see myself out.

While you're out, find P-U-native damages

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

Frank Frank posted:

He has already been found guilty. He cannot be acquitted at this point.

That was just my stupid cynicism but it's capped at 750K right?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
just gonna remind everyone that this is a civil trial and so nobody is found guilty or innocent

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

"The parents of the dead kids are *tremendously* sympathetic people. Don't give them any money. Good day."

I have to stop posting every time this jackass shits words out.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Plan R posted:

No.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Love to fight my own legal battles after hiring the best* lawyer I can find and then as soon as the judge looks at me the wrong way a free flowing stream of frothy piss runs down my uncontrollably shaking baby deer legs

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Stefan Prodan posted:

just gonna remind everyone that this is a civil trial and so nobody is found guilty or innocent

I have reached a verdict already

I declare society… guilty !

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The plaintiff still gets to respond to this right?

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

"Truth may be an amorphous concept" might as well be Infowars' motto.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

madmatt112 posted:

"The parents of the dead kids are *tremendously* sympathetic people. Don't give them any money. Good day."

I have to stop posting every time this jackass shits words out.

This is unreal lmao. This guy is me, at 17, trying to convince my attorney father that I do not smell like weed and he has no evidence weed even smells like weed.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

Trillhouse posted:

It's wild that infowars make so much loving money but they can't find good representation.

Somebody joked that Dr. Oz was AJ's attorney.

At this point, if you could pay (through the nose) It would not be too far out there.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Trillhouse posted:

Good representation only helps if the client will actually listen to their instruction. Alex always gonna Alex. If he actually did what he was told somebody worth a drat might actually represent him.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Clarifications:

Civil suits find somebody liable or not liable. Guilty and Not Guilty are for criminal trials. This is a civil trial.

Compensatory Damages are not capped (in Texas). This phase we're watching is for compensatory damages.
Punitive Damages are capped at $750k. The next phase after this one will be to determine any punitive damages.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Plan R posted:

Punitive damages are, Compensatory damages are uncapped.

This portion is the closing for the discussion oriented at determining Compensatory damages - that's why mullet boy is trying to redirect the jury to defer the bulk of the punishment to the punitive phase.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

Trillhouse posted:

I think its a lot like the trump lawyers for the stolen election stuff. Serious lawyers just don't want any part of this poo poo show.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:bahgawd: E :bahgawd: V :bahgawd: I :bahgawd: D :bahgawd: E :bahgawd: N :bahgawd: C :bahgawd: E :bahgawd:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Tree Dude posted:

Good representation only helps if the client will actually listen to their instruction. Alex always gonna Alex. If he actually did what he was told somebody worth a drat might actually represent him for him.

Yeah. Even if he hired someone who wasn't a clown, it would require Infowars to behave appropriately and listen to the lawyers and that is impossible.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

SalTheBard posted:

man it's a shame Alex Jones is a small time nobody who makes $70 million a year grifting people :-/

small time mom and pop grifting shops are closing thanks to BIDEN'S policies :argh:

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

"let's talk about the evidence"

you sure about that bro?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

"Whelp look, you're dog's already been rendered into a fine paste after I hit it repeatedly with hammer, so no crying over spilled milk right?"

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Again, "Dr Crouch testified you never get over this kind of trauma. These parents have been through hell and back. But, hey, gently caress 'em. Defense rests."

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

I dunno if "I can't imagine the pain and anguish the parents experience" is a good thing to say when you're trying to assess damages.

Kaiju15
Jul 25, 2013

Please sir. Tell us more about your archery.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Wait wait wait Shitball's an ARCHER??!?!?!?

How the gently caress is this coming up?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I am pretty loving stressed out right now because my client is an rear end in a top hat

waydownLo
Oct 1, 2016
I shoot a bow and arrow!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Defense lawyer going into how he likes archery and does a little as a hobby on the side.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Xiahou Dun posted:

"Whelp look, you're dog's already been rendered into a fine paste after I hit it repeatedly with hammer, so no crying over spilled milk right?"

you would have been traumatized from your dog dying anyway!! Me mocking you crying over your dog and repeatedly leaving pictures of your dog in your mailbox for years couldn't have made it *worse*, riiiiiight?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

It's an archery metaphor

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
This is the most tortured metaphor.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

LMAO at this damage at the archery range analogy

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

waydownLo posted:

I shoot a bow and arrow!

Catpiss everdeen

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

This metaphor should sue for damages

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
lemme just construct a strawman argument that has nothing to do with what my client did

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Hey! This guy likes doing stuff? I also like doing stuff!

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I thought lawyers got paid to make good arguments? This is uncut nonsense. What is happening lol?

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

The bow and arrow analogy is going in the law textbooks as "Attorneys are encouraged not to pull dumbass-stupid analogies out of your rear end".

lol "Did Alex Jones say these things? YES ABSOLUTELY HE DID. But just now this last week, 10 years after the fact, he apologized. So.... Not really sure why it matters, guys."

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Confusedslight posted:

Hey! This guy likes doing stuff? I also like doing stuff!

I'm like you blue-collar folks, indulging in the fine sport that is archery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
iu took a debate class in high school and if i tried to go of some rambling analogy about archery the teacher woulda have told me to sort my poo poo out holy gently caress