Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I'm gonna trot out a post someone else made that I absolutely agree with about this last night.

And today he got found out committing at worst a criminal conspiracy and at best misrepresenting his financial assets and perjury. He's hosed and going to be losing a lot of money. At worst he's looking at jail time.

This has been happening out in the open by rich white men for years. People understand that it doesn't apply to these guys already. They don't think it should. They like these people. As long as it applies to the poor brown people who they hate, they will be fine with the rich white men getting a different justice system.

The court system already know it's a joke for which white politically connected men. That being true is how a bunch of them got their jobs.

I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Jaxyon posted:

This has been happening out in the open by rich white men for years. People understand that it doesn't apply to these guys already. They don't think it should. They like these people. As long as it applies to the poor brown people who they hate, they will be fine with the rich white men getting a different justice system.

The court system already know it's a joke for which white politically connected men. That being true is how a bunch of them got their jobs.

He's already been found guilty - this is a civil trial to determine how much he owes.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Jaxyon posted:

The one thing that will cause the justice system to drop the hammer on rich white guys is if they are not respectful of the courts legitimacy. You only get the hall pass if you play nice and Jones had been a poo poo every step of the way.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
Jones will stall as long as he can on paying. Until the state governments force him to pay by taking his money and giving it to the families and individuals that successfully sued him, it won't happen.

Also, he has truly wealthy, politically-minded supporters like Thiel. He isn't too toxic for them to give him 8M USD worth of bitcoin.

Plus he might die from his alcoholism and drug abuse before anything really bad happens to him.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Yeah anyone who is saying he doesn't have political connections is underestimating how big a deal he is.

Anyone who knows Roger Stone and Thiel is by definition very connected.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Jaxyon posted:

As it's been pointed out he's already been found guilty. And he has other cases against him that he's been misrepresenting himself in that these lawyers can toss the evidence they found to. He's hosed. He knows he's hosed. The reason these people get away with it is because they listen to their very good lawyers. Alex Jones has brain problems. Narcissistic personality disorder, oppositional defiant disorder, explosive intermittant disorder. The first one is absolutely clinically diagnosed for sure.

When he gets on the stand (that his fool lawyer put him there) he can't help but try to filibuster stupid poo poo and offer up information rather than just say Yes or No. IE: "If we give out more than 2 million we go bankrupt"(offered without prompting) -later in the trial- "What is the annual income of infowars?" "70 million." .......math checks out?

So he's already going to be paying a lot of money. It's just a question if the sanctions that are 100% coming turn into a perjury charge and the information on his phone turns into a criminal conspiracy.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Like I said, lets see. I haven't been wrong often by betting that rich white conservatives will largely escape consequences of their actions

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Neverhoping on this most holy of all days? Shame on you. :mad:

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Nelson Mandingo posted:

As it's been pointed out he's already been found guilty. And he has other cases against him that he's been misrepresenting himself in that these lawyers can toss the evidence they found to. He's hosed. He knows he's hosed. The reason these people get away with it is because they listen to their very good lawyers. Alex Jones has brain problems. Narcissistic personality disorder, oppositional defiant disorder, explosive intermittant disorder. The first one is absolutely clinically diagnosed for sure.

When he gets on the stand (that his fool lawyer put him there) he can't help but try to filibuster stupid poo poo and offer up information rather than just say Yes or No. IE: "If we give out more than 2 million we go bankrupt"(offered without prompting) -later in the trial- "What is the annual income of infowars?" "70 million." .......math checks out?

So he's already going to be paying a lot of money. It's just a question if the sanctions that are 100% coming turn into a perjury charge and the information on his phone turns into a criminal conspiracy.

You're thinking in terms of the US justice system working successfully.

Despite hilarious incompetence he and his company consistently undermine it everytime he goes on his show. For that part of it it's like the Mr. Burns too many germs stuffed in the door to his body joke.

The juries will award a ton of money and he will refuse to pay. The bankruptcy proceedings for his companies, trusts and other shells will fail. He'll appeal. The courts will sanction him and he will ignore them. He'll get different, even more incompetent and shady lawyers.

He will keep getting money from people buying his supplements and donations large and small. He'll keep going on the air. They will have to physically or otherwise force him to give up the money and stop doing what he's doing. It will take many more years to get to this point, if it ever happens.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Neverhoping on this most holy of all days? Shame on you. :mad:

I don't care if I get burned by it in the long run. Today is a happy day.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

JesustheDarkLord posted:

He doesn't have political connections; he's one of the parasites.

Oh I’m sure he talks with several members of the house regularly. Which we will now know about!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
My main concern is that there appears to be a sympathizer on the jury.

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/1554874836282880000?s=21&t=Ox9Ri1H3-ds94DLPo-vozQ

There was also a weird question from a juror relating to the Charlie Hebdo shooting.

Apart from that.... uh how ethical would it be to buy some of the music gear he has when he's forced to sell it? I know he's got a couple rare pieces.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Cranappleberry posted:

The juries will award a ton of money and he will refuse to pay. The bankruptcy proceedings for his companies, trusts and other shells will fail. He'll appeal. The courts will sanction him and he will ignore them. He'll get different, even more incompetent and shady lawyers.

He will keep getting money from people buying his supplements and donations large and small. He'll keep going on the air. They will have to physically or otherwise force him to give up the money and stop doing what he's doing. It will take many more years to get to this point, if it ever happens.

The US legal system is very good at forcibly extracting money from people and companies that have it once there is a judgment against them. The plaintiffs are not wealthy, their lawyers would not be taking the case if they didn't think there was a payday waiting for them.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Hold on to your butts.

J6 is absolutely getting in on the feast of Alex Jones.

https://twitter.com/mattgkg/status/1554898941757378560?s=20&t=9ggnvevbFys5y0pH51jBjQ

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Xiahou Dun posted:

There’s a tiny not thought-through part of the back of my brain that is hoping that somehow, somehow the evil tulpas that are powering this timeline have messed up and that during Alex Jones’ trial this week some kind of bizarre happenstance blows the case open. Like one of his laywers trips on their own dick and just blurts out some idiotic morsel that shows conspiracy or they accidentally play video of Trump actively colluding.

It makes no sense and won’t happen and I’ll be disappointed, but my brain won’t shut up.

So can I get like a piggy back ride or something out of this or...?

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Tayter Swift posted:

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/1554874836282880000?s=21&t=Ox9Ri1H3-ds94DLPo-vozQ

There was also a weird question from a juror relating to the Charlie Hebdo shooting.

Apart from that.... uh how ethical would it be to buy some of the music gear he has when he's forced to sell it? I know he's got a couple rare pieces.

Oh FFS...

For nine-hundreth and ninty-ninth time.

HIPAA is not your magical 'get out of jail free' card. The only people who can commit HIPAA violations are covered entities (hospitals, doctor's offices) or business associates (insurance companies, bill collectors) and some of those are exempt.

You are not going to be able to sue your insurance company because your dumb rear end left your phone unlocked and someone saw your test results. Or if your supremely incompetent lawyer sent a clone file of your phone to the lawyer for the opposition.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Tayter Swift posted:

From what I can tell, if this is a civil case in Texas court, the jury decision only needs to be 5/6, not unanimous. So depending whether it's a six or twelve person jury, one or two sympathizers wouldn't be able to get him off the hook; there would have to be more.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/NYTLiz/status/1554926820558077954

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Xiahou Dun posted:

when I get home I'll think up a suitable prize

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Xiahou Dun posted:

I'm actually more suspicious that you yourself aren't one of the malevolent entities controlling reality and you just surreptitiously gave a preview of the next week's episode.

And all I have to say to that is you're doing a good job in making this a beautiful but hellish nightmare existence and could you legally materialize like 5 million dollars in my bank account without anyone getting hurt by the way? TIA.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
I can't stand how our government is run by a bunch of boomers that have no idea how modern technology works but are responsible for making laws pertaining to it. But, every once in a while a boomers incompetence with technology works out in our favor (like a lawyer accidentally sending a cloned image of Alex Jones phone to the opposition lawyer)

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Hundreds of gigabytes of texts? Would that include images too? Because text chains can't be more than a few megs worth of data, depending on length. Hundreds of gigabytes would be...tens of thousands of texts.

Also, any guesses on which Senator he was talking about? Im guessing Hawley, myself.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I'm actually more suspicious that you yourself aren't one of the malevolent entities controlling reality and you just surreptitiously gave a preview of the next week's episode.

And all I have to say to that is you're doing a good job in making this a beautiful but hellish nightmare existence and could you legally materialize like 5 million dollars in my bank account without anyone getting hurt by the way? TIA.

All this and more can be yours if you sign your name into his black book.

Hail Satan.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

when I get home I'll think up a suitable prize

I was just bullshitting but hey not gonna complain.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Oracle posted:

Oh FFS...

For nine-hundreth and ninty-ninth time.

HIPAA is not your magical 'get out of jail free' card. The only people who can commit HIPAA violations are covered entities (hospitals, doctor's offices) or business associates (insurance companies, bill collectors) and some of those are exempt.

You are not going to be able to sue your insurance company because your dumb rear end left your phone unlocked and someone saw your test results. Or if your supremely incompetent lawyer sent a clone file of your phone to the lawyer for the opposition.

Apparently the real issue is he had the plaintiff's medical records on his phone. Don't know if that's true (we're in the "lots of crazy rumors flying around" stage of this obviously), but that would be a bit harder to excuse if so.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

MadDogMike posted:

Apparently the real issue is he had the plaintiff's medical records on his phone. Don't know if that's true (we're in the "lots of crazy rumors flying around" stage of this obviously), but that would be a bit harder to excuse if so.

Medical records is true, it was mentioned on the stream

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

So what you're telling me is that this upload took a non-trivial amount of time, during which the person responsible did not realize what the gently caress they had done.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

MadDogMike posted:

It still doesn't appear to be a HIPAA violation.

quote:

Unless PHI is used or disclosed for specified purposes (for example, treatment or payment), a covered entity must obtain an authorization from the individual who is the subject of the information in order to use or disclose it. In addition, a covered entity can use or disclose PHI without obtaining an individual's authorization if the use or disclosure is required by law or regarding judicial/administrative proceedings (for example, in response to a court order).

This might be confusing but it seems like the medical records weren't on the phone per se but were included in the dropbox folder by the lawyer.

quote:

also included in the Dropbox folder was medical information on the plaintiffs in the lawsuit against Jones in Connecticut. According to Bankston, Reynal never responded to his notice. As of yesterday, the files were legitimately in Bankston’s possession. He destroyed med records.

It seriously looks like the lawyer just dumped everything he had on the case into a dropbox folder, including previous discovery docs from prior cases.

Oracle fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Aug 4, 2022

gregday
May 23, 2003

Meatball posted:

Hundreds of gigabytes of texts? Would that include images too? Because text chains can't be more than a few megs worth of data, depending on length. Hundreds of gigabytes would be...tens of thousands of texts.

Also, any guesses on which Senator he was talking about? Im guessing Hawley, myself.

Sounds like it’s the entire phone backup, not just the messages.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

mdemone posted:

So what you're telling me is that this upload took a non-trivial amount of time, during which the person responsible did not realize what the gently caress they had done.

Start the upload on a Friday night then take off for the weekend, I can see it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Hold on to your butts.

J6 is absolutely getting in on the feast of Alex Jones.

https://twitter.com/mattgkg/status/1554898941757378560?s=20&t=9ggnvevbFys5y0pH51jBjQ

So what you're telling me is that the next episode of Knowledge Fight is just going to be two straight hours of Dan and Jordan laughing hysterically without a single pause for breath, am I reading that right?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Meatball posted:

Cruz, Blackburn, or Ron Johnson.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

So what you're telling me is that the next episode of Knowledge Fight is just going to be two straight hours of Dan and Jordan laughing hysterically without a single pause for breath, am I reading that right?

No no

Jordan will also cuss a bunch. Happily.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
So because it wasn't declared privileged, the plaintiff's lawyer can give a copy of it to anyone who asks for it?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I had my medical records inside of my race war bunker so you can't arrest me it's HIPAA.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
If you've ever seen how loud and maniacal Alex Jones gets on his show just imagine how he's going off on his lawyer right now. He's probably going to reach new shades of red face.

He's got to fire his lawyer after this right?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Charliegrs posted:

If you've ever seen how loud and maniacal Alex Jones gets on his show just imagine how he's going off on his lawyer right now. He's probably going to reach new shades of red face.

Fire his lawyer and what defend himself and...and... And...... TAKE THE STAND AGAINST THE DEEP STATE?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Charliegrs posted:

Live footage of Alex Jones conversing with his lawyers after this morning's little whoopsie doosel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BEUykdqTq0

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Fire his lawyer and what defend himself and...and... And...... TAKE THE STAND AGAINST THE DEEP STATE?

I mean, suppose this is a CIA op, releasing NSA top secret unconstitutionally collected information in a way that just *clowns* on this rear end in a top hat.

It's not, it's stupid lawyers and a stupid man.

But can you imagine?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Charliegrs posted:

Sadly he pretty much can’t fire his lawyer at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

When it's all over with he will sue his lawyer, I'm sure.

But by then he's also going to be rear end-deep in some kind of new case filed by his ex-wife, probably cases filed by other people over other things, and dealing with the 1/6 committee, and all of these people will have the pertinent texts and emails going back two years

:cheeky: