Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Zaggitz posted:

Got my wife into the game via the free trial. Been watching her play as I wind down from work and who should I see greeting her than Mordiceius himself.

Hah. I don't have much to do in the game anymore, so I just usually hangout in cities and throw gil at sprouts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Give men the bikini swimsuit you cowards

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
wanderer's campfire obviously

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Badger of Basra posted:

Give men the bikini swimsuit you cowards

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I want my catgirl rocking some swim trunks sometimes too!

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I just want another cute one piece……

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
August 10th y'all

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2022/Moonfire_Faire/0vfxyiytu0

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, I really wish ladies were getting those cool patterned swim trunks as an option too. I think they'd look way better on my lizard than another generic bikini bottom.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

That said I’m absolutely slapping this glam on my bun because the dude version is great. My lizard is probably going to stay in the striped one piece though for her bathing suit glam.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, I really wish ladies were getting those cool patterned swim trunks as an option too. I think they'd look way better on my lizard than another generic bikini bottom.

Yeah. I understand the top being split, but they should give both bottoms options to both sides.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
There are like a billion bikini bottoms in the game already, so dumb

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Khloe. :sickos: Gotta do catbook even if I'm stranded on a desert island.

Firebert posted:

There are like a billion bikini bottoms in the game already, so dumb

Catgirls need swim trunks too!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Also another year goes by where I’m quietly disappointed that we didn’t get the dramatic reveal of FFXIV Blitzball being added.

The dream goes on, never gonna give up hope.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
blitzball is a bad game in ffx and i have no reason to believe it wouldn't be terrible in ffxiv too

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Have faith in CB3. Look at what they did with notorious bad game FFXIV 1.0!

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Aug 3, 2022

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

blitzball is a bad game in ffx and i have no reason to believe it wouldn't be terrible in ffxiv too

I want it just as a team management sim. Playing Blitzball sucks. Let me manage a sports team though.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yeah I don’t care if you play it yourself or preferably it’s Blitzball Manager where you collect NPCs as squad members (including preferably your WoL can be a player even if you don’t directly control them).

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Triple Triad sucks too, but 14 made me actually interested in learning the rules and playing a few games.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Yeah I don’t care if you play it yourself or preferably it’s Blitzball Manager where you collect NPCs as squad members (including preferably your WoL can be a player even if you don’t directly control them).

Blitzball Manager 1577 published by Sharlayan Arts Games.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
triple triad is good, actually, both in viii and xiv

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

A second bottoms item so ladies can have trunks and men can have speedos would be perfect.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Warmachine posted:

Triple Triad sucks too, but 14 made me actually interested in learning the rules and playing a few games.

Excuse me, it’s X 7AE not 1577 6AE. :colbert:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

cheetah7071 posted:

blitzball is a game I'm bad at in ffx and i have no reason to believe I wouldn't be terrible at it in ffxiv too

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Warmachine posted:

Or Sharts Games :v:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

What do people spend poetics on nowadays when you just need to clear out tomestones?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

SMN/SCH weapons to chase the elusive dream of ALC desynth

(This is crazy-person talk, but hey, you asked)

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Excuse me, it’s X 7AE not 1577 6AE. :colbert:

You already put more effort into this joke than I did.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

What do people spend poetics on nowadays when you just need to clear out tomestones?

There's no way to earn meaningful amounts of gil these days, so unless you are doing an anima or leveling desynth, just buy a bunch of stuff to turn into GC seals.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The correct way to bring blitzball over is to just steal the rules of Bloodbowl and give it a blitzball reskin. Replace the warhammer races with like Goblins and Amal'jaa and the like.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

now that gc squadrons are on ice the next rank up should be coverting them into a team sport roster like blitzball

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Now I'm imagining Kelmomo as an ace and I'm sold

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Vitamean posted:

now that gc squadrons are on ice the next rank up should be coverting them into a team sport roster like blitzball

:namazu:

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I hope they add Blitzball and sabotage it by adding lovely rule modifiers like Swap to make half the games unplayable.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Antivehicular posted:

SMN/SCH weapons to chase the elusive dream of ALC desynth

(This is crazy-person talk, but hey, you asked)
Hello, crazy person here

Spent Poetics and then Aphorisms on books for ALC desynth whenever I could. Now I use both to buy shields and jewelry to turn in for GC seals so I can not get Eureka mounts from the 4.0 lockboxes.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
There's Blitzball, but it's solely offscreen because the Blessing of the Kojin disqualifies us from participation.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
You get Blitzball but you have to have to put up with Lyse on your team because it can only be played by people with the Kojin blessing.

EDIT: What does levelling desynth actually do? I started desynthing stuff recently but i can desynth high level items even with a desynth level of like 5.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i'd settle for blitzball themed weapons

dancer just gets 2 blitzballs that they throw

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

for people who want to glam up some lady swim trunks, you can do what I did and dye the shorts from the casual coffer a summery color (mine are bright yellow)

also, even though the coffers are still expensive (300k+ on the marketboard last night) and, pieced out, the top and shoes are even more expensive (200k a piece), the shorts are dirt-cheap: 8000 gil for a pair last night on one server on a different DC, low five figures on mine (13k iirc)

they're not the cool design the event ones have, but they work great for a functional beach look. I'd post some screens of it, but I'm at work rn

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

CJ posted:

What does levelling desynth actually do?

It increases the chance of getting rare items from desynth depending on your desynth level compared to the ilvl of what you're desynthing. For most things, this largely means an increased chance of either getting an HQ crafted material from the desynth, or for getting demimateria that sells well to merchants from gear that's well below your comparative desynth level.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Got enough tomestones to finish off my mount collection for both the birds and the puppies.

Listening to the mount music for the first three ultimate mounts, are these versions of Prelude meant to be played together somehow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
My dream content is that the clouds finally clear up from Ilsabard's map to reveal that Corvos is just one huge blitzball stadium and has been the whole time.

They said Labyrinthos was based on Corvos' environment, but it turns out they meant that about its structure.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Aug 4, 2022