Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

teen witch posted:

I just don’t understand how you wouldn’t immediately respond to something like that. Did it get filtered to spam??
Their whole narrative is obstruction. They ignore everything, including the opposition. They didn't even look at that email.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

teen witch posted:

I just don’t understand how you wouldn’t immediately respond to something like that. Did it get filtered to spam??

My speculation is that they just started ignoring emails from the plaintiffs lawyers

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

teen witch posted:

It could be that there is just lots of paperwork. Dozens of things a day. And that one looked unremarkable when skimmed by some tired/bored/drunk intern.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

teen witch posted:

I'm told it's not actually that uncommon for bad lawyers to ignore their opposite number out of spite, but this sure is the oopsie of the year.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
maybe jonses lawyer is the worlds worst lawyer but the worlds best assassin who only uses a bow and arrow to take down his targets

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
also, might be one of the last legal oopsies of Reynal's career

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

teen witch posted:

He's shown his utter disdain to the opposition's lawyers. It's pure speculation but I'm guessing he's like "Look I'm gonna lose this trial anyway. So gently caress their requests. I'm gonna go hit the archery range and wing it." And I thank him for his service.

Good might be dumb but it often triumphs because evil is stupid and lazy.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Aug 3, 2022

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

The Alchemist posted:

Alex Jones reportedly asked the attorney "You mean ALL my texts? Including the ones with the Senator?" after the cameras were off. Attorney responded "Yes, there's going to be a fallout"

tell me there's a clip of this. please let there be a clip of this.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Hey there just checking in after being gone all day to see how Jones' day on the stand we

:stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk:

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Given my pro life stance I take no pleasure in announcing a sentence of death to be handed down to Alex Jones for the crime of treason against the United States of America

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Stefan Prodan posted:

wonder which senator

hawley?

paul?

cruz came to mind but I don't think he's really in the jones camp exactly

Please let it be Tommy Tuberville. I feel like Jones and Tuberville would get alone just great

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
why doesnt Jones try to go ssj god by eating a whole jar of brainforce, be an alpha not a beta soyboy pills so he gets psychic powers and he can vaporize the judge with his mind?

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
Wait why did his ex wife lose custody of their kids? Seems backwards

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Crazy Ted posted:

Hey there just checking in after being gone all day to see how Jones' day on the stand we

:stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk:

the Event is page 102

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Every Republican senator right now is frantically trying to find out if they have any Alex Jones texts

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Been a lot of Ls lately, but today feels like a W.

:gbsmith:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Piell posted:

My speculation is that they just started ignoring emails from the plaintiffs lawyers

Exactly what I thought too

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
https://youtu.be/4lv7LevdPLw

Someone added the text from the phone moment onto Phoenix Wright. Objection!!!

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
It's probably Hawley because he's such a stupid cuck but I think the Republicans are already ousting him, so I'd rather it was Cruz.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Planet X posted:

Wait why did his ex wife lose custody of their kids? Seems backwards

It's convoluted. They have joint custody but the kids are mostly in his custody. A few years back, Jones convinced the court he was only playing a character and that his ex was the mentally unstable one. And it worked. I suspect the contents of that phone might be very interesting at a new hearing.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

GreyjoyBastard posted:

the Event is page 102
As someone who's known about him since almost before 9/11, I am both envious and can't imagine what it must have been like to see that unfold live and in real time.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Crazy Ted posted:

As someone who's known about him since almost before 9/11, I am both envious and can't imagine what it must have been like to see that unfold live and in real time.

I'm getting married on Saturday so I consider it a very nice wedding present courtesy of Mark and his dastardly crew of cut-throat lawyers.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Can you even get a mistrial in civil court just because the lawyer you hired sucks at his job? I mean if that were the case why even bother hiring a good lawyer. Just hire the worst you can find.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I think my face might be stuck in the sickos expression

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
How does it work for following cases if the jury award these plaintiffs 150 million? Do the other parents get left with nothing when their cases go through because Jones will be (legitimately) bankrupt?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I assume he immediately appeals if the judgement comes in for anything beyond a couple of million and then it gets tied up in the courts again for another couple of years?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

ilmucche posted:

How does it work for following cases if the jury award these plaintiffs 150 million? Do the other parents get left with nothing when their cases go through because Jones will be (legitimately) bankrupt?

I'm not sure about this either but I hope it doesn't.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Crazy Ted posted:

Yeah I first heard about him in the same breath as david icke from someone on half life modding forums. He's been an eternal fixture of internet stupid, he didn't just poof into existence with 911 poo poo.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

ilmucche posted:

SURELY there are provisions for that but I ain't no lawyer

what with being disbarred for multiple felonies

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

teen witch posted:

I've seen nothing in the conduct of these "attorneys" to warrant anything other than they are very, deeply stupid

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I really don't need to find out that jones and MTG we're sexting.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Still thinking about the gay frogs officially being part of the testimony

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

God only knows what insane horseshit is on that phone lmao.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

wit posted:

He's been an eternal fixture of internet stupid, he didn't just poof into existence with 911 poo poo.

Some might say longer.

Lol alex jones is not bill hicks.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Sir Tonk posted:

I really don't need to find out that jones and MTG we're sexting.

I hadn't even thought of something like that.

Since the Plaintiffs were so scrupulous about waiting for the 10 days and literally only had last night to quickly do Sandy Hook research, there could be anything in there.......

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

ilmucche posted:

I dunno, but given that the lawyers legitimately obtained his phone records and are therefore allowed to share them, all the following cases will include the evidence that he made 300 million a year lol

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

wit posted:

Yeah I first heard about him in the same breath as david icke from someone on half life modding forums. He's been an eternal fixture of internet stupid, he didn't just poof into existence with 911 poo poo.
My history w/r/t goes all the way back to "HOLY poo poo I'M INFILTRATING THE BOHEMIAN GROVE WATCH OUT I COULD GET ASSASSINATED BY THE NEW WORLD ORDER" which I think is either from 2000 or 2001.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Some might say longer.

If Bill Hicks hadn't been struck down by cancer so early he'd almost certainly be quite the conspiracy theorist now, though.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Nelson Mandingo posted:

He's shown his utter disdain to the opposition's lawyers. It's pure speculation but I'm guessing he's like "Look I'm gonna lose this trial anyway. So gently caress their requests. I'm gonna go hit the archery range and wing it." And I thank him for his service.

Good might be dumb but it often triumphs because evil is stupid and lazy.

I'm sure it's 50% this and 50% that their notification was one item in a long e-mail. Something like "14. Is the file 15660eanboe.zip that you uploaded to the dropbox privileged?" It's not like it would be named "Jones Phone Back Up.my_crimes.txt" and they don't need to detail what is they're asking about; Jones's attorneys should already know. So just a quick, "Hey, can we use this?" is all they had to fire off and then when they get no response...

ilmucche posted:

It'll get hashed out in bankruptcy court. Neither would get the full amount but they'd both get something.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Reincarnated as fat and not funny. I mean its possible its his punishment for the edgy goatboy likes young girls thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

wit posted:

Reincarnated as fat and not funny. I mean its possible its his punishment for the edgy goatboy likes young girls thing.

Nah. Hicks is dead. And if he wasn't, he'd be on par with Tim Allen and Adam Corolla at this point. Probably.