Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Poopelyse posted:

but seriously, how does one cut the line at costco gas? did he weave his way around all the lines of cars waiting?

I see people routinely hanging back so they can take any of the next pumps that open up, and they get upset if you just drive up to a particular pump and stake a place in line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Poopelyse posted:

there are no rules when it comes to driving in el segundo. you do whatever you can to not die from depressed salary men driving like maniacs.

but seriously, how does one cut the line at costco gas? did he weave his way around all the lines of cars waiting?

That Costco is one of the worst for lines so I’m guessing yeah? That gas station is in a terrible location for in and out too.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

I bet that there's a pretty strong correlation between people's stand on Costco gas line etiquette and their stand on zipper merging.

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

2006... YEAR OF THE BURNITZ, BITCHES

Vegetable posted:

Is the kirkland butter any good compared to the kerrygold?

The grassfed I actually prefer to Kerrygold. Saltier.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I see people routinely hanging back so they can take any of the next pumps that open up, and they get upset if you just drive up to a particular pump and stake a place in line.

Wow, this is completely different than what happens at my local. Everyone just gets in line and the line is usually quite long. Just today when I got gas the lines were about 4 deep in every lane. My local is one of those with only 2 pumps too. Sometimes, especially around lunch, you'll see the line stretching out into the main thoroughfare. So each lane is like, 6 deep, and then 1 longer line full of all the people waiting for spots to open up.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

ShowTime posted:

Wow, this is completely different than what happens at my local. Everyone just gets in line and the line is usually quite long. Just today when I got gas the lines were about 4 deep in every lane. My local is one of those with only 2 pumps too. Sometimes, especially around lunch, you'll see the line stretching out into the main thoroughfare. So each lane is like, 6 deep, and then 1 longer line full of all the people waiting for spots to open up.

This is exactly how my church operates as well. The true Costco way

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

wow this makes me never want to get gas at costco

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Buy an EV and you never need to get gas ever.

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Serious_Cyclone posted:

lol you try to play your options like that, you're bound to get played

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Eeyo posted:

wow this makes me never want to get gas at costco

I realized I was successful in life when I made the decision to not ever wait in line for gas for 10c a gallon savings.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Medullah posted:

I realized I was successful in life when I made the decision to not ever wait in line for gas for 10c a gallon savings.

Its been a helluva lot more than 10 cents

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Comfortador posted:

Well to be fair I have to fill up my gas tank once every 3 months

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Medullah posted:

I don't think I've ever waited more than 4 minutes for gas at Costco, and that was a rare situation. I can usually pull right up to a pump if I time my trip for non-peak hours.

For a few weeks in July my Costco was almost 70 cents below all other competitors. It was nuts!

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
For me it saves a ton of money. I also don't wait in the long lines. Only waited today because I was almost on empty and had to wait around anyway. But for me, I drive a truck that holds 20 gallons and being a truck, goes through that fairly quick. I'm definitely not buying another truck in my lifetime, unless it's electric. My next vehicle is definitely gonna be electric.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Propaganda Hour posted:

I don't think I've ever waited more than 4 minutes for gas at Costco, and that was a rare situation. I can usually pull right up to a pump if I time my trip for non-peak hours.

For a few weeks in July my Costco was almost 70 cents below all other competitors. It was nuts!

Yeah for that big of savings it's worth a little wait. The Costco by me always has a gigantic line, it's nuts.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Yo, if you've bought Glucerna from Costco please check your lot numbers.

https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-...ntial-microbial

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Chinatown posted:

found the motherlode today at church :2bong:

One of the best flavors bundled with two of the worst. Glad I just got some through amazon so I don't need to get any tomorrow. White/Rosa/Fiesta was the best combo.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Republicans posted:

One of the best flavors bundled with two of the worst.

and which would that be

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I can't imagine peach monster tasting like anything but fuzzy butthole

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
I get that costco gas is cheaper, but every time I drive past those pumps it looks like a situation that I don't need in my life.

I shotgunned a Monster once and it legit got me kinda high but it did what it needed to do. it wasn't for fun, I had to drive a lot and was falling asleep.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Comfortador posted:

Here in South Texas it's about 12 cents cheaper. Only reason why I fill up there is that it's on the way to work so I can fill up on my way in to work before there's any crowds.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I've started attending church again; went on Saturday to stock up on taquitos and AmyLu chicken burgs. I grabbed the Friends Apartments LEGO set on a whim for my wife, it was $20 cheaper than anywhere else. Guy in front of me in the checkout line was buying an 86" LG 4k UHD tv. I peeped his total: $1597.

PBUC

Super Waffle fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Aug 3, 2022

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Harold Fjord posted:

I can't imagine peach monster tasting like anything but fuzzy butthole

extremely freaking wrong BIVTCH

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
They were giving away a variety of the Monster drinks at a music festival I went to recently, one of which was Peach. It was surprisingly bearable but had that super artificial tanginess to it. One was ok, never need another though.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Bad Purchase posted:

so nobody is going to link the costco discord here? am i gonna have to find it myself? is this one of those cases where i need to visit the dark web?

If you deserved the costco discord you'd be in it already

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

I get that costco gas is cheaper, but every time I drive past those pumps it looks like a situation that I don't need in my life.

I shotgunned a Monster once and it legit got me kinda high but it did what it needed to do. it wasn't for fun, I had to drive a lot and was falling asleep.

Our Costco usually charges 30 to 40 cents less per gallon of gas than any other gas station in the area, so everyone buys gas at Costco and the lines get very long. But when there are 10 lanes with 2 pumps each the wait isn't bad at all. The longest I've waited is maybe 10 minutes but usually it's only 2-3

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Aug 3, 2022

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
3 storage tubs for the garage, slice of pep. pbuc.

Rollos
Aug 11, 2007

Hold on, won't be long

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

Yeah I only drink them if I have to drive a long distance or stay up late. I can only drink the low sugar ones anymore too the regulars feel like drinking a can of diabetes.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Monster Ultra + Tabasco Slim Jim

:haibrower:

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe
The new member only savings starts today and the Edward Marc coconut almonds with dark chocolate is $4.20 off. This is appropriate.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Chinatown posted:

Monster Ultra + Tabasco Slim Jim

:haibrower:

This guy extremely gets it

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

jimmy mnemonic posted:

The new member only savings starts today and the Edward Marc coconut almonds with dark chocolate is $4.20 off. This is appropriate.

Lol I bet

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

We bought one of those Winix air purifiers last month but it's on sale now. Should I still be okay to get the difference refunded?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

We bought one of those Winix air purifiers last month but it's on sale now. Should I still be okay to get the difference refunded?

Depends on when you bought it. Believe it's within 30 days for price mark downs.

The real kicker is: you can just return it and rebuy it at the cheaper price. Why Costco doesn't recognize that little exploit and just do the obvious, i'll never know.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

goin to Costco tomorrow

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Don't forget to pick up some Jongga (the one with two "g"s) kimchi

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

ShowTime posted:

Depends on when you bought it. Believe it's within 30 days for price mark downs.

The real kicker is: you can just return it and rebuy it at the cheaper price. Why Costco doesn't recognize that little exploit and just do the obvious, i'll never know.

Even better, buy another one and walk out the door and return it with the old receipt. It'll go right back on the shelf. If you don't have the physical receipt the app will show your old receipts now.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Has anyone had the Victorias White Linen Sauce or Marinara? It’s on sale this month and while I’m not sure if my local has it, I was thinking of picking some up on my next trip.

It can’t be anywhere near as good as Raos, which is the best god drat tomato sauce in the world.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

We bought some of the Marinara today while at church. We'll probably try it this weekend. Trying to find alternatives to Rao's when it's not on sale, my kids love Rao's, but drat it's expensive. It's worth it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

the good biscotti are on sale again pbuc