Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I will never forget you, Onion Dispenser. :negative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xOxXmyPD0I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIFCWpn4qQ4

:siren:

Renegret posted:

Every time someone posts that they got a Real Good anything, it's always too complain that it sucks.

At this point just avoid the name altogether.

Kaddish posted:

The burritos suck pretty bad. I confused Real Good with Del Real, who make pupusas sold at Costco. Del Real good. Real Good bad.
:siren:

[admin edit - link to the previous Costco thread:]
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3797869

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Goku shops exclusively at costco

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
How good is the Costco delivery from their website? I was thinking of buying a membership.

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

I love you too Costco!!

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
what happened to the gd onion???

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

The best thing I ever got from Costco was some chocolate covered marshmallows.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

rabble rabble posted:

covid took so much from us

also bring back the turkey pesto sandwich that thing was delish

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
its costco

Biffmotron
Jan 12, 2007

I got my glasses at CostCo, but like an idiot I left my new frames in the cart when I returned it. Fortunately, I was wearing my new glasses, but it was a bummer to lose the old frames with same prescription and the sunglasses. An employee found my glasses and returned them to the optical department, and they cross checked their records and figured out it was me.

PBUC!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

The Jongga (the one with two "g"s) kimchi is phenomenal

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
I'm going to get a membership of my very own soon, to purchase some tires, seltzer, and tofu.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Smugworth posted:

The Jongga (the one with two "g"s) kimchi is phenomenal

Btichin sauce is divisive, however.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

in on the ground floor, let's gooooooooooo

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Kaddish posted:

Btichin sauce is divisive, however.

It's not very good but my wife likes it

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
A reminder that you, too, can spend only $40-50 per Costco trip if you go 2-3 times a week!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Old thread has been archived for search purposes: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3797869

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

They had to put a lock on the onion dispenser because of me :smuggo:

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Hollismason posted:

How good is the Costco delivery from their website? I was thinking of buying a membership.

It's the same as any other online shopping delivery, which is to say it's fine. I've ordered a sectional couch and a large TV from their website and they were both safely and competently delivered.

Just be aware that while shipping is "free", the online price for many items is somewhat-to-significantly higher than what you'll find in the warehouse as a way to roll in and disguise the shipping cost.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Sam's Club? More like Sham's Flub!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Would be great if you could put a link to the new thread in the old thread for those of us who don’t venture out of our bookmarks page much, I couldn’t remember what parent forum had this thread :)

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Please note that this thread has been explicitly rebooted to be a safe space for the discussion of the various brands of kimchi sold by Costco. Please feel free to share your thoughts but don't forget to identify the kimchi brand sold by your local Costco! Some are good (Jongga (the one with two "g"s)) and some are bad. Happy kimchi'ing everyone!

Smugworth posted:

Hello moderators, I would like the Costco mega thread to be rebooted so that the various brands of kimchi sold at costco can be discussed openly and honestly

TIA

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Please add a link to this thread from the old one

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I am just starting the 5 razor regimen. Thank you Gillette.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
Ground floor executive posting

Household staples for a two person household:
Premier protein shakes
String cheese
Bulk nuts
Bottled drinks
Cat litter
Cleaning supplies
Laundry detergent
Prepared foods: meatloaf and Mac and cheese are staples for lazy meal prep weeks. Potluck MVPs are the cakes/pies, vegetable trays, dips and crackers.
Grapeseed/olive oil
Better than bouillon
Clothing, but lol if you wear masculine clothes and weigh less than 180lbs because the small/30 inch waist sizes are few and far between at my home warehouse. I usually have better luck in ladyland as a M/L compared to my spouse.
OTC meds: generic zyrtec
Soap/body hygiene: bring back the Cetaphil bar soap :argh:
Glasses from Costco Optical
Quinoa
Electronics/Appliances: I have always purchased in warehouse and moved it myself so I can't speak to the in home delivery experience
Car batteries
Blankets: they better bring back the good Sherpas this year
Gas

A weird assortment of staples. PBUC

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
my town has a sams club instead of a costco. i woll never know fabulous deals on bulk items and criminally low cost hot dogs :(

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i didnt buy kimchi but i did buy some stuff for my quarterly gimjang at costco

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Got a bag of Normandy frozen vegetables mix, my number one cure for heartburn

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

New parishioners might need to have PBUC translated.

Praise
Be
Unto
Costco

Boy I hope I got that right.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Robo Reagan posted:

my town has a sams club instead of a costco. i woll never know fabulous deals on bulk items and criminally low cost hot dogs :(

the hot dogs are the same price

also sams has a cool app where you scan your stuff and pay so you don’t have to use a register

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Brocolli is started at zero with my high presssure cooker.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I have a 50 year old co-worker who is the pickiest eater and eats nothing but poo poo all day. He loving loves Sam's Club / Costco cafeteria poo poo.

He would go to Sam's all the time and eat their hot dogs or pizza for lunch multiple days a week. Not a bad way to save money but holy gently caress is that stuff not good.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Jose Oquendo posted:

I have a 50 year old co-worker who is the pickiest eater and eats nothing but poo poo all day. He loving loves Sam's Club / Costco cafeteria poo poo.

He would go to Sam's all the time and eat their hot dogs or pizza for lunch multiple days a week. Not a bad way to save money but holy gently caress is that stuff not good.

a life like that, perhaps the colorectal cancer is a blessing

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Crusty Nutsack posted:

the hot dogs are the same price

also sams has a cool app where you scan your stuff and pay so you don’t have to use a register

i aint giving money to walmart

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Referee posted:

Would be great if you could put a link to the new thread in the old thread for those of us who don’t venture out of our bookmarks page much, I couldn’t remember what parent forum had this thread :)

Devor posted:

Please add a link to this thread from the old one

If you're gonna shut down the bar, be a doll and call us a taxi to take us to a bar that's open so we can keep drinking.

In Costco news, gonna go to the Costco in Tigard OR tomorrow (got too late a start today and it's gonna be real hot out...), I think. Not gonna get the kimchi because I'm also gonna swing by H mart and get some kewpie and other staples. Just need dog food since we're on vacation!

El Jebus fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jul 25, 2022

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I ordered a new set of tires from Costco and when I go to get them installed I'm gonna get a slice.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Walmart for my oil change what gives?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

A new Costco is going to open in town sometime this fall. PBUC! It’s going to really divide the north/Costco and south/Sam’s sides of town.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

I didn’t go to Costco today but I’m still postin

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

rabble rabble posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Orvin posted:

New parishioners might need to have PBUC translated.

Praise
Be
Unto
Costco

Boy I hope I got that right.

I would assume 'peace be upon costco', a reference to the ubiquitous Muslim honorific: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/peace_be_upon_him