Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Forgot to ask, did any drivers suffer internal bleeding from the shocking contractual news?? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Charles Leclerc posted:

Forgot to ask, did any drivers suffer internal bleeding from the shocking contractual news?? :ohdear:

A few people might've gotten whiplash from piatri's announcement

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Charles Leclerc posted:

I suffered ocular AIDS from reading it, op, and i checked that my monitor was on

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

aunt jenkins posted:

Undercut so powerful it works even during the summer break

New better title imo

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I suffered ocular AIDS from reading it, op, and i checked that my monitor was on

sorry to hear you read max's birth certificate

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwCGWSoAgj8

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I do have to say that this news is significantly less "epic" than is being hyped up to be in my opinion. Its basically midfield teams squabbling over who will most likely be the next Hulkenberg or Heidfeld.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

:3: It will be sad to see his spirit crushed into paste by Ferrari

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Pragmatica posted:

is contract negotiation allowed during summer break then? since it is for 2023?

The shutdown is primarily so the rank and file get time off, so I’m sure the team managers, drivers, and respective flying squadrons of lawyers don’t count.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Does rebus get holiday or is he stuck trying to improve the car and it's only the mechanics who get to go away

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Afaik you can’t do anything during the break, no wind tunnel stuff, no manufacturing etc.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

yeah boy, you double down you harry potter looking pasta eater

i wish he’d get fired but lol at the Ferrari organization above him

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

ilmucche posted:

Does rebus get holiday or is he stuck trying to improve the car and it's only the mechanics who get to go away

he posted his itenerery somewhere in here but yeah he gets to go on the break too

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

italian quid posted:

I do have to say that this news is significantly less "epic" than is being hyped up to be in my opinion. Its basically midfield teams squabbling over who will most likely be the next Hulkenberg or Heidfeld.

If Piastri hadn’t tweeted “nah mate, I’m not driving for them Alpine drongos.” *downs a VB longneck* then none of this would be that big of a deal.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

MustardFacial posted:

If Piastri hadn’t tweeted “nah mate, I’m not driving for them Alpine drongos.” *downs a VB longneck* then none of this would be that big of a deal.

We only down VB longnecks at 20 to 8 in the morning!

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Every time I see Mark Webber's name I can't help but read it with an Australian accent.

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

It’s podcast time!

https://overcast.fm/+IsYyC8DHY
https://overcast.fm/+mqOBFxr3k

e: no embeds oops first link is shift f1 which is the everymans podcast about f1 and the second is the more bitter take of f1

andyf fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Aug 4, 2022

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

harperdc posted:

The shutdown is primarily so the rank and file get time off, so I’m sure the team managers, drivers, and respective flying squadrons of lawyers don’t count.

Lawyers don't get time off ever. Kind of the nature of the gig.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

biceps crimes posted:

i wish he’d get fired but lol at the Ferrari organization above him

the last time Ferrari lost their team principal during the season he eventually became the CEO of the sport

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

net work error posted:

Every time I see Mark Webber's name I can't help but read it with an Australian accent.

Mock Wibbah

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Kirios posted:

Is it too late to change my fandom away from Ferrari?

Oh ye of little faith

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

its Webba! Get it right!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI-v9qxqquk

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Yeah he's not from New Zealand

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Custard Undies posted:

We only down VB longnecks at 20 to 8 in the morning!

I only drink Fosters

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

andyf posted:

It’s podcast time!

https://overcast.fm/+IsYyC8DHY
https://overcast.fm/+mqOBFxr3k

e: no embeds oops first link is shift f1 which is the everymans podcast about f1 and the second is the more bitter take of f1

Two pro-click podcasts. Sometimes I spend more time listening to F1 podcasts than watching actual races. What is wrong with me?

For any Aussies in the thread, Box of Neutrals is a pretty funny F1 podcast as well.
The guys are from Melbourne so there is a fair bit of stupid AFL and Franco Cozzo related in-jokes.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
i wont listen to any podcast

#forzaferrari

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Spice World War II posted:

Formula1.com says that Piastri had a clause in his contract that Alpine had to offer him a drive for 2023 or they would lose him, at the same time they were offering Alonso a one year contract extension and Ocon is under contract for multiple years anyway. Of course, Alonso was not happy about a one year extension and that was the main point of contention in the contract negotiation, but for Alpine this was all small beans and clearly Alonso was going to sign any moment now because he would have no other options in F1.

So then Vettel dropped out of Aston Martin, Daddy Stroll waved the new factory and wind tunnel that will come online for 2023 around and offered Alonso a two year contract, and that was that.

Webber meanwhile had been working on a drive for Piastri the whole time, because they knew Alpine wouldn't be able to offer a drive, and I guess they will now argue over what deadline Alpine had to stick to before Piastri was allowed to sign elsewhere, because pretty sure the contract wouldn't have said "Alpine can decide on the last day of the 22 season if they will offer a drive for Piastri in 23".

So, all in all, Alpine truly are the Ferrari of contract negotiations

it should be trivial for a lawyer to figure out who's in the right, right?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rinkles posted:

I think you'll typically find that most lawyers will tell you that whoever is signing their paycheck is right and the other party is wrong.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Zeta Acosta posted:

#forzaferrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
With Vettel retiring I think Albon will be the second most moral driver behind Lewis

And I think the Rich/Haas drama was better than this, although this is pretty good

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Zeta Acosta posted:

#forzaferrari

insanely good opinions in this post, OP!

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

With Vettel retiring I think Albon will be the second most moral driver behind Lewis

And I think the Rich/Haas drama was better than this, although this is pretty good

How soon we forget the multiple Sauber drivers turning up to the Aus GP a few years ago, with only 2 able to actually enter the paddock :xd:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Custard Undies posted:

How soon we forget the multiple Sauber drivers turning up to the Aus GP a few years ago, with only 2 able to actually enter the paddock :xd:

#JusticeForGiedo

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
As funny as Alpine getting owned is, I do love the idea of Piastri being forced to race for them next year after all this. It would be hilariously awkward.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
If Alonso hadn't jumped over to AM, Alpine was going to lose Piastri anyway, right? Was that smart if Piastri really is such a generational prospective talent?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

from a labor standpoint? sure, sure

from a performance standpoint? eh

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Rinkles posted:

alpine have the same lawyer as alex jones

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

Thanks Ants posted:

Afaik you can’t do anything during the break, no wind tunnel stuff, no manufacturing etc.

There are a few exceptions, things like maintenance of the manufacturing equipment, wind tunnel, and IT hardware that would be difficult to schedule in otherwise.

Other than that, anyone who doesn't directly contribute to making the car go faster doesn't get shutdown.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Rebus posted:

There are a few exceptions, things like maintenance of the manufacturing equipment, wind tunnel, and IT hardware that would be difficult to schedule in otherwise.

Other than that, anyone who doesn't directly contribute to making the car go faster doesn't get shutdown.

So it really is like a plant shutdown where you do all your outage maintenance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

italian quid posted:

I only drink Fosters

Mods