Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
For anyone who somehow missed the bombshell:

https://twitter.com/annamerlan/status/1554863755061706752?t=ye1FUv9CwFb2WOqqtQweHw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

The accidental electroswing of Alex Jizz

Not what I meant to quote. I'm leaving it.

Cat Puke fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Aug 3, 2022

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

You think Dan and Jordan are still in the air?

This would sure be a thing to hear about when you land.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
Oh, they know.

https://mobile.twitter.com/gotobedjordan/status/1554882343105695744

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Xiahou Dun posted:

You think Dan and Jordan are still in the air?

This would sure be a thing to hear about when you land.

Jordan knew and had to keep quiet about it which is a monumental feat for him.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Shame we didn't get a livestream of KF watching the trial today. Would love to have seen that as it all happened

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Testekill posted:

Jordan knew and had to keep quiet about it which is a monumental feat for him.

hundreds of windows broke in Chicago when he was finally allowed to do his thing

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Towards the end of episode #705 "The Knowledge Fight Battle Kitchen," Mark talks about having surprises in store for the trial. He's...not talking about Alex's phone, right? As much as I'd like to believe that's it, the timeline doesn't quite work out, does it?

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

El Fideo posted:

Towards the end of episode #705 "The Knowledge Fight Battle Kitchen," Mark talks about having surprises in store for the trial. He's...not talking about Alex's phone, right? As much as I'd like to believe that's it, the timeline doesn't quite work out, does it?

It's possible.

https://twitter.com/dansolomon/status/1554900413702443016
Mark said 12 days ago during the trial, so he knew about it sometime between July 22-24, and the episode was aired on July 24.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I think they would have been suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper careful with that data dump for the ten days required for it to be admissible evidence so I can't see them teasing it like that.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

bird food bathtub posted:

I think they would have been suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper careful with that data dump for the ten days required for it to be admissible evidence so I can't see them teasing it like that.

God can you imagine Mark checking his e-mail on his phone every ten seconds before today.

It’s a million times worse than normal cause you’d be desperately waiting for something to not happen.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
If I'm understanding the sequence of events properly, the phone data became no-longer privileged roughly around the same moment Reynal called Alex and asked if he wanted to testify.

I can only imagine that one moment was a massive sigh of relief for the plaintiffs.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Morroque posted:

If I'm understanding the sequence of events properly, the phone data became no-longer privileged roughly around the same moment Reynal called Alex and asked if he wanted to testify.

I can only imagine that one moment was a massive sigh of relief for the plaintiffs.

Yeah, it had to have developed about like that. I'm sure Reynal at some point tried to convince Alex to not take the stand. How could you not, knowing what he is?

Then again, they are so bad, maybe they thought it was a good idea.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Tomorrow, hopefully:

Knowledge Fight: "It's time to pay"

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Jones' ex-wife and Jan 6 investigators are subpoenaing the poo poo out of this phone data...

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Samovar posted:

Jones' ex-wife and Jan 6 investigators are subpoenaing the poo poo out of this phone data...

It's going to be a loving goldmine.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
If I had to dampen the mood a little, I doubt anything on the phone would pre-date the coronavirus pandemic. There will be some things we still might never know about; like any of the actually incriminating stuff about their Sandy Hook coverage as it originally happened, or where on earth that background report on Lenny Pozner came from.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Morroque posted:

If I had to dampen the mood a little, I doubt anything on the phone would pre-date the coronavirus pandemic. There will be some things we still might never know about; like any of the actually incriminating stuff about their Sandy Hook coverage as it originally happened, or where on earth that background report on Lenny Pozner came from.

That dumb poo poo had that phone on him on Jan 5 and 6 2021.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

The guys made it back to Chicago!
https://twitter.com/knowledge_fight/status/1555054453874647040?t=LqeA0iV2LdVG1-TenCa0lQ&s=19

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Aw! Hopefully they are able to rest up and decompress after everything.
This feels like such a major demarcation point for the podcast, the trial that is. Knowledge Fight before the trial and Knowledge Fight after.

Going to be interesting to say the least.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Alex Jones' intimate text messages with Roger Stone are going to be given to the Jan. 6th committee today.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
At first I was upset that he existence of these emails and text messages implied Alex Jones is, in actual fact, literate. This, despite all the evidence we have to the contrary!

And now you say he is capable of intimacy as well?!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Morroque posted:

At first I was upset that he existence of these emails and text messages implied Alex Jones is, in actual fact, literate. This, despite all the evidence we have to the contrary!

And now you say he is capable of intimacy as well?!

we knew he was capable of intimacy:

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Alex Jones is 48 and he's one of the younger people compared to like Roger Stone and poo poo.

Just think about how many loving weird unnecessary emojis are gonna be in those loving text messages.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Has anyone ever crank called the show when Alex takes calls? If there was ever a day for it, todays the day.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Nice! posted:

Alex Jones' intimate text messages with Roger Stone are going to be given to the Jan. 6th committee today.

How intimate? I know Roger is into hotwife stuff.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

red19fire posted:

Has anyone ever crank called the show when Alex takes calls? If there was ever a day for it, todays the day.

There’s actually never a good time for any sensible person to choose to directly interface with Alex Jones.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Your Gay Uncle posted:

How intimate? I know Roger is into hotwife stuff.

dreading the monkeys paw giving us Alex Jones sexts with Mr and Mrs Stone, half the female employees of infowars, and Kent state diaper girl

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Just heard in a clip of The Majority Report's coverage of the case that Dan and Jordan are going to be guests next week

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Fentry posted:

Just heard in a clip of The Majority Report's coverage of the case that Dan and Jordan are going to be guests next week

at last, time for Dan's eternity of suffering to be rewarded

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

GreyjoyBastard posted:

at last, time for Dan's eternity of suffering to be rewarded

Jordan somehow ends up an NPR commentator.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Marsupial Ape posted:

Jordan somehow ends up an NPR commentator.

Honestly a little wild screaming now and then during the NPR news might liven things up a little

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I'm picturing Dan and Jordan being the morning Zoo Crew nationally for NPR

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Dan would fit right in on a solid chunk of the shows.

Jordan should be an opener for Marketplace : “MOOONNNEEY!!!”

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Wait Wait Don't Tell Me but it's Dan quizzing people about ska

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Froghammer posted:

Wait Wait Don't Tell Me but it's Dan quizzing people about ska

No offense to Peter Sagal but I would listen to that so loving hard.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
https://apnews.com/article/shootings-austin-texas-violence-e067a8bc031ce48be0810764c7bb3c18

Jury came back to level $45.2 million in punitive damages against Jones.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Wish that was more than mostly symbolic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Where's the new episode I neeeeed it