Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Will lol if the lords veto boris's resignation honours list so paul dacre doesn't get the peerage he was clearly promised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

lol one of the few saving graces of our political system is that the PM has to eat poo poo eventually

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Harold Wilson was the true chad for dumping that fate on Jim Callaghan

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Ill give it a week before its used against strikers and protesters.
WHY YOU WANT TO STRIKE WHY DO YOU HATE BRITAIN??????

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1554914292729790464?t=QnfH8niIO-BWNhPZKrT0SA&s=19

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Fair enough, makes me nervous too.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
Our first gamer PM.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
really glad the labour right helped the press make being left wing something to be considered abhorrent over the last 5 years

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1555108185542955009?s=20&t=_5CJGVrromLOXAHwBwr0pg

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
Remember when the tories went on about compassionate conservatism like it could possibly exist

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Dresses like Thatcher, talks like May, thinks like Boris. What a combination. I'm here for this insanity, let's do this.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
an a press is an a press liz

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

it dont matter posted:

Dresses like Thatcher, talks like May, thinks like Boris. What a combination. I'm here for this insanity, let's do this.

Brain of homer Simpson you mean

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said

desperate to know what's in her mind's eye as she said this

I'm picturing Evel Knievel

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Parkour escape run across the rooftops of Glasgow after a badly-advised public meet and greet.

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said
i dont know where to begin: the non-idiomatic use of 'cavern'; the use of an active verb 'jumping' suggesting this is something she is or has done (on a motorbike?); the 'things like that' suggesting this is just one event in the incredible adventures of liz truss

it reads liked something a chatbot that can't pass a turning test would write

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jose posted:

really glad the labour right helped the press make being left wing something to be considered abhorrent over the last 5 years

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1555108185542955009?s=20&t=_5CJGVrromLOXAHwBwr0pg

Can't believe we missed out on a chance for her as PM, what an unfun country

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Only person in the contest dumber than truss. Really is incredible what total wasteman the whole Tory and labour front benches are

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Rustybear posted:

Accidentally letting slip part of her initiaton ceremony at the mouth of hell caves

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Jose posted:

Brain of homer Simpson you mean

Not everything is homer simpson!!

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE

Rustybear posted:

i dont know where to begin: the non-idiomatic use of 'cavern';

She means chasm she is just catastrophically stupid

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
anyone that couldn't work that out is as dumb as she is

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol this is still all they're offering

https://twitter.com/RachelReevesMP/status/1555149968050110466?t=8thw1uHgigYW_oVztNBUbg&s=19

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

thoughts and prayers

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
let's make and sell and more, let's secure and be strong and build fair

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Looke posted:

thoughts and prayers

i don't recall saying i'd provide thoughts and prayers

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

nawilo_420 posted:

A Labour government would do good things and not bad things. Vote Labour for a gooder Britain.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Rustybear posted:

Indiana Truss and the Temple of Dumb

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
lol looking at the discourse around an alleged energy strike and how prepayment meters users, something that has come up in here, can't participate in any kind of action at all. someone pointed out that smart meters can be remotely converted to prepayment and i laughed and laughed

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

nawilo_420 posted:

growth Growth GROWTH

but britishly

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

MikeCrotch posted:

growth Growth GROWTH

but britishly

*monkeypoxishly* growths Growths GROWTHS

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said

Pipski posted:

Indiana Truss and the Temple of Dumb

It belongs in my rear end!

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said

CoolCab posted:

lol looking at the discourse around an alleged energy strike and how prepayment meters users, something that has come up in here, can't participate in any kind of action at all. someone pointed out that smart meters can be remotely converted to prepayment and i laughed and laughed

can you not just stop the dd/payment going out, i dont understand

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
I'm guessing that in the event of an energy payment strike the Tories would just change the law to allow companies to turn off your gas the minute you miss a payment

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Rustybear posted:

can you not just stop the dd/payment going out, i dont understand

MikeCrotch posted:

I'm guessing that in the event of an energy payment strike the Tories would just change the law to allow companies to turn off your gas the minute you miss a payment

this is in fact what allegedly smart meters do. so, the old system there were two physical types of energy meter - your standard meter or your prepaid meter. the prepaid is the horrible one that costs more we've talked about some - your allotment of energy starts at 0 and you pay in advance for every watt. you used to physically have to fill it up with quarters but they switched to a fob system in the 2000s i wanna say.

prepayment meters are literally allocated as punishment to people who refuse to or otherwise can't pay their bills because the default meter cannot turn off or stop electrical flow by itself - so you can get into debt with it and as such as a "debt management" strategy you get court ordered to switch, they get the bailiffs round and physically force entry into your house if necessary. a prepayment meter will turn off just fine, and in fact does so automatically.

if the tweet i read was correct, smart meters can achieve this functionality remotely, ie turn between a standard and a prepayment device by communicating with a server somewhere. if so an energy strike would be completely impossible

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said

CoolCab posted:

this is in fact what allegedly smart meters do. so, the old system there were two physical types of energy meter - your standard meter or your prepaid meter. the prepaid is the horrible one that costs more we've talked about some - your allotment of energy starts at 0 and you pay in advance for every watt. you used to physically have to fill it up with quarters but they switched to a fob system in the 2000s i wanna say.

prepayment meters are literally allocated as punishment to people who refuse to or otherwise can't pay their bills because the default meter cannot turn off or stop electrical flow by itself - so you can get into debt with it and as such as a "debt management" strategy you get court ordered to switch, they get the bailiffs round and physically force entry into your house if necessary. a prepayment meter will turn off just fine, and in fact does so automatically.

if the tweet i read was correct, smart meters can achieve this functionality remotely, ie turn between a standard and a prepayment device by communicating with a server somewhere. if so an energy strike would be completely impossible

whether or not you keep the lights on is not what makes a strike work

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Rustybear posted:

whether or not you keep the lights on is not what makes a strike work

well it's a payment strike, not a usage strike

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
don't need power when you don't have aircon and you've got no food to keep cold

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life
https://twitter.com/NewStatesman/status/1555193683410141195

The biggest brains. Absolutely Tremendous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said

CoolCab posted:

well it's a payment strike, not a usage strike

yeah that's what I'm saying, if they flip it to prepayment and you don't pay they're still not getting their money

it's upped the ante a ton but if people think they're getting through this with their quality of life intact then it's doa anyway

it's like saying what happens if my employer doesn't pay me while I'm on strike? err yeah