Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

pixaal posted:

2GB off pure text? Or is that attachments too? Because that's 2,000,000,000 characters roughly 1.2million pages of text.

It’s an iso of the full phone, so probably a lot of pictures and video and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Sir Tonk posted:

he read it and responded tho!

"Please disregard."

It's even more incredible that Reynal knew how he had hosed up and instead of saying, "Please disregard the previous email and link that I sent you. They were sent in error and contain privileged materials. I will send you a new link with the correct materials as soon as possible," he just said gently caress it and typed the first two words.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
I think I better understand the situation Reybal was in. He can't confidently claim what is and isn't privileged under this case because the exact quantity of files that were transfered were relevant to the Connecticut defamation trial, where he was prevented from representing Jones by Judge Bellis, not the Texas case here by Judge Gamble. He cannot make any claims of attorney-client privilege because the actual nature of the text nessages, if any, would only be known by Norm Pattis and a bevvy of other lawyers that Jones fired.

While it would normally be mysterious why Reynal had all the stuff he shouldn't have had in the first place, there was a brief dustup in the CT case where Jones "fired" Norm Pattis and requested another delay so he could find new representation. Judge Bellis suspected it was another bad-faith delay tactic following the first attempted bankruptcy stay, and disallowed Pattis from stepping down. Reynal may have been lined up to represent Jones there too.

In his position, given how badly this trial has gone, I can't imagine wanting to do this more than once.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

TheMightyBoops posted:

It’s an iso of the full phone, so probably a lot of pictures and video and stuff.

When is someone gonna leak Jones' roided mushroom penis?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8puvk-pUMs&t=91s

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Lawlicaust posted:

When is someone gonna leak Jones' roided mushroom penis?

I think it's already leaking

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

TheMightyBoops posted:

But that's 300GB I was talking about the 2GB comments floating around, where'd that number come from.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Scipiotik posted:

I missed what Reynal replied with in the email. Does anyone have the text of it?

"Please Disregard, I'll send you a corrected file to use"

then never sent a corrected file, or replied further to the conversation

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

pixaal posted:

But that's 300GB I was talking about the 2GB comments floating around, where'd that number come from.

I think it's 2GB just of text messages, but I'm not sure

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

pixaal posted:

Plaintiff attorney said 2GB in the livestream I think that’s just what I think I heard him say at least. Even then he could have just said the wrong number.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

KitConstantine posted:

"Please Disregard, I'll send you a corrected file to use"

then never sent a corrected file, or replied further to the conversation

That's um, not a very good reply haha.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
If anyone finds footage of the motion hearing, I'd appreciate them sharing it here.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Hopefully the law and court youtube camera was in there. Itching to see this again.

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003
E: oops lol

NecroBob fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Aug 4, 2022

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

NecroBob posted:

maybe mirrored if it ever feels like optimizing whatever at the free poo poo-tier service.

:siren: Recording of the court livestream was explicitly forbidden by the judge :siren:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Aug 4, 2022

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I think it's already leaking
Thanks. I just threw up in my mouth.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Summary of what happened

Shitball (Alex's lawyer) whines that about the text messages, says he totally said they couldn't use them, and says that the plaintiffs are trying for a mistrial and also please give me a mistrial
Bankston lays out what happened
-A clerk on Shitball's staff (I think it was a clerk, can't remember 100%) sent an email to all the lawyers involved with the case including the link to the document
-Bankston's staff downloaded it, saw it was 300 gigs, and were like WTF and looked to see what it was
-Bankston then emailed Shitball and informed him of this
-Shitball sent back "Please disregard" and that he would sent a new link with the information that he was supposedly intending to send
-Shitball never sent a new link with the supposed late supplementary discovery
alex jones had confidential psychiatric medical records and depositions on the plantiffs in another case against him (the CT case with more Sandy Hook parents)
some of the stuff is definitely not privileged in any way, regardless of the fact that there were no actual claims of privilege so far
some of this stuff was ordered to be produced more than six months ago which alex claimed didn't exist
Shitball wants all the documents deleted or sealed, also wants 10 days to go through documents because he should get a do-over
Shitball says that plaintiff's lawyers are grandstanding for national news because they said they were anticipating imminent subpeonas from 1/6 committee and Alex's ex-wife
judge: "I'm not going to block everything now, you should probably start identifying material as soon as possible" shitball: "your honor, it is a tremendous amount of material" Judge: "it probably should have been disclosed a year ago or longer, and you would have had plenty of time"
shitball claims that plaintiffs lawyers were rooting through attorney-client privileged material, judge points out that he doesn't know that because they havne't presented anything that would have been privileged
shitball is allowed to 1) identify actually priviliged material and move to have it sealed, which doesn't matter because I severely doubt that the plaintiffs lawyers were going to put up anything that was actually privileged (he doesn't get extra time or trial delay so far), and 2) can try to find an argument why bankston shouldn't get to share the documents with the CT plaintiffs, that is all

https://twitter.com/cathyrusson/status/1555214006620590080

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
2GB might have just been the text message data, which is ALOT of text messages

quote:

How many Word files will 1GB hold?

1GB – can hold approximately 640 images, 240 MP3 files, 19200 pages of Word documents, or 320 minutes of video.May 21, 2019

so roughly equal to almost 40000 pages of Word docs.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Would the phone data become public at all?

I so want to see his contact list. And do random word searches in his message.

I want proof he is aware of KF!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
https://mobile.twitter.com/ellievhall/status/1554922392144777217?s=21&t=CtYgbeLVhYL4AygiES6jqw

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
In Reynal's defense, he did say please. That has to account for something, right?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Scott Forstall posted:

2GB might have just been the text message data, which is ALOT of text messages

so roughly equal to almost 40000 pages of Word docs.

But why would a text message need all the rich formatting of word? Surely it would be mostly plain text. Plain unformatted text 2GB = 1,200,000 pages. It's somewhere between. Completely impossible to read in a day.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Serious_Cyclone posted:

In Reynal's defense, he did say please. That has to account for something, right?
A do-over?

That's a legal thing, right?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Hollismason posted:

Did they say 300GB of data because goddamn that is a lot of information on a cell phone

lot of people fill up their 256gb iphones. it's a three year backup which will have every picture, photo, and text over three years. text archives can get massive because they contain high quality images and videos in them.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

When Reynal said he does archery does he mean firing arrows straight up into the air and trying to get out of the way?

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003

Fake James posted:

:siren: Recording of the court livestream was explicitly forbidden by the judge :siren:

ahhh, didn't catch that. that explains why it's not showing up everywhere lol

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
A bunch of (authorized) clips

https://twitter.com/cathyrusson/status/1555205991926341632
https://twitter.com/cathyrusson/status/1555206995291951104
https://twitter.com/cathyrusson/status/1555209380202549248
https://twitter.com/cathyrusson/status/1555211753545351168
https://twitter.com/cathyrusson/status/1555214006620590080
https://twitter.com/cathyrusson/status/1555214911248031744

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Sir Tonk posted:

alex jones on his show today will 100% be him complaining about this all being a conspiracy to plant messages on his phone and give them to congress

I asked this earlier, but it promptly got buried in the recent excitement.

What time does Alex start his show on Infowars*?

* And in which timezone that applys. I'm in London.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Deptfordx posted:

I asked this earlier, but it promptly got buried in the recent excitement.

What time does Alex start his show on Infowars*?

* And in which timezone that applys. I'm in London.

Knowledge Fight discords says his show is scheduled for 11, which is in twenty minutes or so, but he may or may not be there

Piell fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Aug 4, 2022

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I'm sure his phone is capable of taking 1080p/high quality video recordings.
(He's not going to have a cheap phone). And those file sizes can balloon very fast.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

TheMightyBoops posted:

Alex Jones dick pics inbound

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

I call for a bad court thingy!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Scratch Monkey posted:

:stonklol:

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

From the sound of it, they sent over the entire shared drive they were using to collab. Pretty sure Mark said that Norm Pattis' entire OneDrive was in there. Literally Norm sent the link over and they forwarded the wrong link to Mark.

ETA: and it included things they shouldn't have been collaborating on and Reynal should not have had access to

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ł ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

i hope that iso leaks somewhere and people with gloves go through it for the politics stuff

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Piell posted:

Knowledge Fight discords says his show is scheduled for 11, which is in twenty minutes or so, but he may or may not be there

Thanks!

Time for my first ever visit to the infowars website.

I'm assuming the Google Algorithim is immediately going to conclude I'm a would be infowarrior and spend the next 6 months trying to redpill me into becoming a Nazi. :(

But omlettes, eggs.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Scratch Monkey posted:

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/gotobedjordan/status/1555207754847059969?t=q-Zb5uEcAQXToPPrtqbycg&s=19

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Lol LOOK AT THIS loving EMAIL

https://twitter.com/Turkewitz/status/1555207084664410112

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Not red enough