Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

IT WAS MILK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Tamale pie and elote

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Not really dinner, I just raided the fridge and larder and improvised something for supper. The yeast tub with '5' written on top is Chinese five spice.

I threw a handful of frozen sweetcorn in it and some sriracha and vinegar for colour and flavour.

I had a can of sliced bamboo shoots that might have worked well in it but it probably would have crowded the pot. If I had cracked a raw egg into the bowl before pouring the soup in it would have made a great hangover cure. I wish I had a bowl of this a couple of weeks ago, the morning after my birthday.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Valko posted:

Not really dinner, I just raided the fridge and larder and improvised something for supper. The yeast tub with '5' written on top is Chinese five spice.

I threw a handful of frozen sweetcorn in it and some sriracha and vinegar for colour and flavour.

I had a can of sliced bamboo shoots that might have worked well in it but it probably would have crowded the pot. If I had cracked a raw egg into the bowl before pouring the soup in it would have made a great hangover cure. I wish I had a bowl of this a couple of weeks ago, the morning after my birthday.

Looks great. I’d eat that

I made this and it was incredible
https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a28414419/orecchiette-pasta-with-broccoli-rabe-recipe/

Would use more broccoli rabe it was the best part

nexous fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Aug 2, 2022

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

nexous posted:

Looks great. I’d eat that

I made this and it was incredible
https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a28414419/orecchiette-pasta-with-broccoli-rabe-recipe/

Would use more broccoli rabe it was the best part

Yeah, that does look good and my mom would love it (apart from the andouille). I'll have to cook it for her sometime, maybe with some leaner meat - like smoked mackerel.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

milk

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

buffalo chicken on olive oil/buffalo sauce

&

pistachio and red onion, with mozzarella and provolone and an olive oil drizzle

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

buffalo chicken on olive oil/buffalo sauce

&

pistachio and red onion, with mozzarella and provolone and an olive oil drizzle

Would go to town on those

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

buffalo chicken is always a given but the pistachio red onion is a pure delight. recommend if you ever get the chance

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Chocolate milk

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
^^^
A soup dish for dessert, bold move

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Valko posted:

Not really dinner, I just raided the fridge and larder and improvised something for supper. .

:hmbol:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

What? :confused:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Nooner calls it a food-hole

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Now you'll have to walk the plank

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Its a three egg morning. Could be a three egg evening too. We'll find out

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
DeadFatDuckFat has a terrible disorder where he confuses dinner and breakfast. Pray for him.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
The last time I saw a goon post about his larder it was the guy who wanted to know how to feed his family for the next week with only a box of pasta and like 8 varieties of salt because he spent all their money LARPing with his renfaire friends

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Nooner posted:

The last time I saw a goon post about his larder it was the guy who wanted to know how to feed his family for the next week with only a box of pasta and like 8 varieties of salt because he spent all their money LARPing with his renfaire friends

M'larder

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nooner posted:

Oh my, don’t leave your lady in a lurch m’lord. :tipshat:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I think the last time I read the word larder it was followed by a seven page description of a Redwall feast

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Made Shake N'Bake pork chops (I add grated parmesan and rosemary to the crumbs), steamed green beans (the kind you gotta snap the ends off), and garlic bread. Good simple dinner, whole family was clean plate club. Feels good man.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

hot & sour soup, saliva chicken on rice

first time making hot & sour, but it turned out solid. needed more vinegar and chili oil than recipes implied.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Saliva chicken? :raise:

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

mouth watering is probably a better translation, but it's not as funny

https://www.chinasichuanfood.com/saliva-chicken/

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

The Bloop posted:

Saliva chicken? :raise:

An unfortunate name for a delicious dish. Some translations are baffling how they stuck. Like stinky tofu

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
they sold rapeseed oil as rapeseed oil for like half a millenium before some folks went and hired an ad agency to get another name for it, this being a canonical unequivocal instance of ad agencies actually bein worth the money. canola oil, btw

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Fried cottage cheese and chicken

I call it the Hot Mess

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

The Alchemist posted:

Fried cottage cheese

The hell is wrong with you

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

bob dobbs is dead posted:

they sold rapeseed oil as rapeseed oil for like half a millenium before some folks went and hired an ad agency to get another name for it, this being a canonical unequivocal instance of ad agencies actually bein worth the money. canola oil, btw

:science:

quote:

Both canola and rapeseed belong to the cabbage or mustard family. The plants’ flowers both have that characteristic bright yellow color, and you get oil from both of the seeds by crushing the plants.

That said, they have a couple key genetic differences. Canola was created through plant-breeding in order to get rid of two undesirable components of rapeseed. Rapeseed oil and canola oil also get mixed up because they can be labeled incorrectly outside of Canada and the United States.

In the 1970s canola was created through traditional plant cross-breeding by removing two things found in the rapeseed plant: glucosinolates and erucic acid. Erucic acid was removed because it was believed to be inedible or toxic in high doses. The newly developed plant was renamed “canola,” a combination of “Canadian” and “oil” (or ola) to make this difference apparent.

By definition, if a seed is labeled “canola” it has to have less than 30 micromoles of glucosinolates and less than 2% of erucic acid.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
turkey sausage and kale chili. It was delicious. No pics because it looks exactly like you would expect

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

The hell is wrong with you

It is actually smart to heat your food, it keeps the germs away

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

The Alchemist posted:

i eat some food specifically for the germs

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Lol if you don't boil your yogurt

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Thundercracker posted:

An unfortunate name for a delicious dish. Some translations are baffling how they stuck. Like stinky tofu

Stinky tofu is pretty stinky tho

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Made street tacos

Not quite as rare as it looks in the picture

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I am smoking a shitload of meat this Sunday, so I figure I’ll try to keep it light and vegetarian until then.

Grilled some portobello burgers tonight with corn on the cob.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Alchemist posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I had corned beef and cabbage and potatoes and carrots