Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
help square enix is punching me in the nose and taking my pesos with their lack of regional pricing
there's blood everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

singateco
Jan 28, 2013

Det_no posted:

help square enix is punching me in the nose and taking my pesos with their lack of regional pricing
there's blood everywhere

You can beat the gross inequality of global economy by this one weird trick!!! :yarr:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Det_no posted:

there's blood everywhere

Don't encourage them.

https://fineleatherjackets.net/monkeyinflation

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm having a generally good time with Yakuza Like a Dragon (currently at chapter 7 and, well, you-know-what just happened) but I simply cannot wrap my head around the business management mini-game. I've been trying to read up on it, but when the action starts, everything is so confusing, happens so fast and I have no idea what's going on. Especially on the shareholder meeting where it seems like I can barely react to anything that's happening. I've been trying to counter the attacks with right colors, but sometimes even if I click, they won't take an action and the shareholders get mad.

Here's who I currently have. Do I have too many employees?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Hell yeah

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I’ll be curious if they detail the gameplay changes. Just from some of those screenshots it looks like both HP and damage have been increased by some amount and they rolled back the class-based level system.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

TeaJay posted:

I'm having a generally good time with Yakuza Like a Dragon (currently at chapter 7 and, well, you-know-what just happened) but I simply cannot wrap my head around the business management mini-game. I've been trying to read up on it, but when the action starts, everything is so confusing, happens so fast and I have no idea what's going on. Especially on the shareholder meeting where it seems like I can barely react to anything that's happening. I've been trying to counter the attacks with right colors, but sometimes even if I click, they won't take an action and the shareholders get mad.

Here's who I currently have. Do I have too many employees?

Aside from color mix, board members should also have a good balance between high Persuasiveness(offense) and low Command Cost. High Tenacity(HP) can be nice, but if you do well you won't need it. Use Auto-Care on everyone before starting the meeting. Pick the shareholder whose temper is rising fastest, and wait for them to almost be fully pissed off before answering--draw it out as much as possible to build up your Command Points and Apology.

One thing to watch out for is that after you break a shareholder's question, the color you want to hammer on for bonus damage can sometimes be different.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

"Pre-order now!"

Is it just me or is it not actually on Steam though? Was gonna Wishlist it...

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Anno posted:

I’ll be curious if they detail the gameplay changes. Just from some of those screenshots it looks like both HP and damage have been increased by some amount and they rolled back the class-based level system.

I feel like if they recognized that the class system needed a change there is no way they can keep the crafting system as it was

Anno
May 10, 2017

Sab669 posted:

"Pre-order now!"

Is it just me or is it not actually on Steam though? Was gonna Wishlist it...

Yeah for whatever reason the store page is public yet.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

This is on the square gave porthouse 3 months effort level that livealive escaped

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Anno posted:

Yeah for whatever reason the store page is public yet.

drat it Japan, how are you only still figuring out PC :(

Atlus/NIS did a similar thing prior to Disgaea 6's launch by releasing a trailer that announced "Demo available now!" and... D6 still doesn't have a demo on Steam :rolleyes:

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

They dragged Disgaea_6.demo.america.final.exe into a chrome window with the steam homepage open, what more do you want?

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Download the demo now at file:///C:/Users/atlus/Documents/demo.exe

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Dammit Sqeenix, why are you releasing so much stuff all in November :negative:

I only have so much free time!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
This looks pretty neat. Sounds like it'll be a sort of Age of Mythology-inspired RTS set around the Northern Crusades. Graphics look kinda Warcrafty tho.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1328990/Godsworn/

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Mordja posted:

This looks pretty neat. Sounds like it'll be a sort of Age of Mythology-inspired RTS set around the Northern Crusades. Graphics look kinda Warcrafty tho.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1328990/Godsworn/

Reminds me more of Diablo 3's art style, particularly this screenshot:

But the very saturated colors and lower poly aesthetic is pretty Warcrafty too.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the Shin-Chan Boku no Natsuyasumi game releases August 11th, only the second Boku no Natsuyasumi game to ever be localized

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2061250/Shin_chan_Me_and_the_Professor_on_Summer_Vacation_The_Endless_SevenDay_Journey/

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The 7th Guest posted:

the Shin-Chan Boku no Natsuyasumi game releases August 11th, only the second Boku no Natsuyasumi game to ever be localized

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2061250/Shin_chan_Me_and_the_Professor_on_Summer_Vacation_The_Endless_SevenDay_Journey/

I'm looking at this but can't figure out what sort of game it is, even with a passing familiarity of Shin-chan. Maybe a mini-game compilation with some cutscenes in between?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the boku series started on the PS1, and has had entries on PS2, PS3, and PSP. it had a spinoff for 3DS called Attack of the Friday Monsters which to date has been the only other game in the series to be localized

it's all about how you choose to spend your limited summer vacation time, whether it's catching bugs, fishing, working for the local newspaper or cafe, running errands for characters, farming, playing a trading card game, etc

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Saoshyant posted:

I'm looking at this but can't figure out what sort of game it is, even with a passing familiarity of Shin-chan. Maybe a mini-game compilation with some cutscenes in between?

From what I remember you are literally a kid spending a summer vacation. Catching bugs, fishing, playing with other kids, just chilling. Basically Animal Crossing with even less "DO THIS".

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/platinum-collection-build-your-own-bundle

August platinum collection:
Death Road to Canada
Children of Morta
Aspire:Ina's Tale
What lies in the multiverse
Ship Graveyard
Shadow Tactics: Aikos choice
The evil within 1
Aquarium designer
Farmers life
Horror story:Hallowseed
Frost Punk
Agents of Mayhem
Relicta
Samorost 3
Moonlighter
Machinarium

3 for $9.99
5 for $14.99
7 for $19.99

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Frost Punk is a good heat wave game

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
That's actually not what the game is about at all???

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Aspire: Ina's Tale is for people who liked the aesthetics of GRIS but wanted more gameplay and story. Definitely worth checking out.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

fit em all up in there posted:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/platinum-collection-build-your-own-bundle

August platinum collection:
Death Road to Canada
Children of Morta
Aspire:Ina's Tale
What lies in the multiverse
Ship Graveyard
Shadow Tactics: Aikos choice
The evil within 1
Aquarium designer
Farmers life
Horror story:Hallowseed
Frost Punk
Agents of Mayhem
Relicta
Samorost 3
Moonlighter
Machinarium

3 for $9.99
5 for $14.99
7 for $19.99

wait a minute i don't think platinum was involved in making ANY of these games!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2094810/Crypt_of_the_NecroDancer_SYNCHRONY/

New Necrodancer DLC just launched, $6.99

- 3 new characters
- online 8 player multiplayer
- full mod support and mod portal
- new weapons, traps, spells, enemies, items and shrines
- additional features in the future (early access)

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

as a white person with no rhythm crypt of the necrodancer is bullying, to me

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Never fear, there is a character just for you!

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Cowcaster posted:

as a white person with no rhythm crypt of the necrodancer is bullying, to me

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

also ZeldaDancer, which is both crypt ezmode and has banging zelda music

Anno
May 10, 2017

drat that’s a chunky DLC just to show up for $6.

Also maybe announced a sequel?

https://twitter.com/NecroDancerGame/status/1555242521806385152?s=20&t=UzIcAImAEf6lAZl9ryKoLQ

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Stickman posted:

Never fear, there is a character just for you!

seems like it's kind of defeating the purpose not to engage with the premise

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
They have been doing a lot of updates recently actually. Even an update where you can play it as a traditional rogue like and ignore the music mechanic completely.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Speaking of dying to the beat, anyone played Soundfall? Good, bad?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1608700/Soundfall/

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

this is a hilarious thing to add to any roguelike and more roguelike devs should implement the same

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Harminoff posted:

They have been doing a lot of updates recently actually. Even an update where you can play it as a traditional rogue like and ignore the music mechanic completely.

well that's what i mean, if you take away the music mechanic you could just be playing any old roguelike

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wait how does the 8 player multiplayer work

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i look forward to the 1 person playing 8-players-at-once NecroDancer speedrun at the next GDQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

victrix posted:

Speaking of dying to the beat, anyone played Soundfall? Good, bad?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1608700/Soundfall/

It's....alright.
The music selection is good and the core gameplay is pretty good but the variety is lacking.
There's 5 weapons and 5 characters to choose from and 3 out of 5 characters have practically the exact same ability, so you're doing a lot of the same thing every stage.

It's still a good solid rhythm twinstick shooter though.