Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I would like to know exactly what the jury ordered for lunch. I think that should be made public imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

That figure of infowars doing $300M in annual revenue - after being deplatformed - is likely inflated, though I acknowledge the plaintiff’s attorneys got there using the only info they could access. If the true number is still in that ballpark I’m afraid any decision on damages won’t ruin Jones. I’m glad the victims of his harassment will get restitution, but his brain-pill-buying fans will have him back on his feet immediately.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Hollismason posted:

I think its a bad sign if the jury deliberates more than a day honestly.

They are trying to figure out how many millions to fine him. Hopefully they are stuck between $999,999,999 and just handing over infowars dot com

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Jury deliberating if Jones trial enough to wake up from coma finally

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

Sundae posted:

FROM THE JAPANESE.

jah pahn EEEEEZHZH

(EBIL)

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I would like to know exactly what the jury ordered for lunch. I think that should be made public imo

Chipotle and boner pills

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
It isn't surprising that they're deliberating for a while. Ten of the twelve must agree on everything top to bottom. I'm sure they all agree that Scarlett and Neil deserve some compensation, but they may disagree on the amount.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Hopefully the additional time the jury is taking is because they keep adding zeroes to the verdict.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
Yeah, Jones can and will survive any damages fined by this trial alone. A few days ago, I would've thought $150,000,000 enough to cripple anyone, but it has since revealed he has handled that type of money before.

Jones may very well be a member of the economic 1%, and the only reason he is adamant on not appearing so may have more to do with the fact that he's likely been doing tax evasion on principle, ever since his business was still small. Most 1% wealth is ill-gotten, but it's just more obvious for him in his case.

Frankly, given how poorly he had handled the case thus far, the real motivating factor behind his behavior might just be affluenza. That, or compounded issues from any number of his obviously untreated mental illnesses.

Morroque fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Aug 4, 2022

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Hollismason posted:

I think its a bad sign if the jury deliberates more than a day honestly.

As long as 10 out of 12 don't have brainworms we good. And jones called them loving morons. I'm sure that won't stop the "truthers" in the panel though.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

The bigger irony might be that with the phone data that he refused to hand over, there might be really incriminating stuff, and he may face felonious perjury charges. It could be that the outcome of this trial is just a footnote thanks to the Perry Mason Moment.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

ashpanash posted:

The bigger irony might be that with the phone data that he refused to hand over, there might be really incriminating stuff, and he may face felonious perjury charges. It could be that the outcome of this trial is just a footnote thanks to the Perry Mason Moment.

I think the State of Texas would have to agree to go after Jones for perjury and well, Texas.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
If you told me he had measurable brain damage from russian research chemicals, I would not question it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

ashpanash posted:

It could also prompt someone possibly implicated in it to disappear him so he can't speak further. Or maybe in some attempt to declare the information meaningless now that the owner is missing. The possibilities are wild still and we're still close enough to the event for someone to do a panicked mistake.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

pixaal posted:

It could also prompt someone possibly implicated in it to disappear him so he can't speak further. Or maybe in some attempt to declare the information meaningless now that the owner is missing. The possibilities are wild still and we're still close enough to the event for someone to do a panicked mistake.

Nobody's going to murder Alex Jones that thought process is insane

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Barack Hussein Obama is going to call the judge up on the Sorosphone and tell her not to permit handing over the phone

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Barack Hussein Obama is going to call the judge up on the Sorosphone and tell her not to permit handing over the phone

He'll patch in from the Obamaphone

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/WAFB/status/1555236069012082691

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

goatface posted:

If you told me he had measurable brain damage from russian research chemicals, I would not question it.

Jones cant copy Jorp's gimmick, talking heads all agree to stay in their own lane/gimmick.

Beef Stew
Dec 27, 2009
I don't think anyone is trying to kill Alex or will try but his uncontrolled use of amphetamines, alcohol, and who knows what else in addition to all the stress and repeated unvaccinated exposures to covid has to be putting absurd stress on his heart.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

i think jones is still live and is going nuts

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009
So if Jones is engaged in tax evasion, that could make this even better after the 1/6 commission sees his texts and email. I'm sure the IRS would love an email string about hiding money.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Morroque posted:

Yeah, Jones can and will survive any damages fined by this trial alone. A few days ago, I would've thought $150,000,000 enough to cripple anyone, but it has since revealed he has handled that type of money before.

Jones may very well be a member of the economic 1%, and the only reason he is adamant on not appearing so may have more to do with the fact that he's likely been doing tax evasion on principle, ever since his business was still small. Most 1% wealth is ill-gotten, but it's just more obvious for him in his case.

Frankly, given how poorly he had handled the case thus far, the real motivating factor behind his behavior might just be affluenza. That, or compounded issues from any number of his obviously untreated mental illnesses.

I had a long post drafted earlier about how the revenue likely doesnt mean Alex is well off but deleted it because I don’t want to spend that much brain power on FSS and Alex.

Happy to go into details of why that revenue likely doesn’t result in Alex having that much personal wealth and especially not in the 1%.

The summary of the whole post is that I would estimate that Alex’s take home is a few million a year. Still a lot of money but nowhere near the revenue extrapolated in the case. I’m happy to go through all the details but basically even at a 50-60% gross margin on his products (and likely not all of them), his overall op ex likely brings his personal pay way down.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

More potential breakdown:

https://twitter.com/LegalEagle/status/1555201485146824710?s=20&t=uS_71e2AjlgewD17HJKPEw

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
https://twitter.com/dansolomon/status/1555289712130146310?s=20&t=dlYkW21Rcmnw7ojvKQlXtw

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Hahahahhahaahhahahahaha

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009
Ty Beard is excited to learn he isn't the worst lawyer in Texas.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

wit posted:

As long as 10 out of 12 don't have brainworms we good. And jones called them loving morons. I'm sure that won't stop the "truthers" in the panel though.

Stuff like this really drives home the terrifying idea that if you can capture roughly 10% of the population and indoctrinate them to 1) be ride or die for you and 2)know how to hide that fact then you have a pretty good chance of being completely untouchable in a system with a right to a jury trial.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
you don't even need that much if your lawyers are skilled enough at throwing out potential jurors who have more than three firing neurons

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Couldn't happen to a smarter guy! Way to go

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
Jumped ahead a dozen pages or so, could someone kindly post the livestream channel the stream will be appearing on? Link in the op just sends me to a deleted vid.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

LMAO

GET HIM

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I played the Sorosophone in junior high band.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

HAHAHA the plaintiff medical records weren't even for this case?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Bondematt posted:

It was all of the items that CT defendants had in their possession.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Rookoo posted:

Jumped ahead a dozen pages or so, could someone kindly post the livestream channel the stream will be appearing on? Link in the op just sends me to a deleted vid.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF_rPoUGrNEGiqEtiAPTLEg

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Bondematt posted:

Yeah… they were records for the CT cases…

Jones actually explained in his show today where those files came from and if he’s to be believed it’s definitely not great for his attorney!

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Mr. Nice! posted:

It was all of the items that CT defendants had in their possession.

Did anyone ask "why did you have this?"

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

xarph posted:

Did anyone ask "why did you have this?"

They will on August 17th!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Lawlicaust posted:

Yeah… they were records for the CT cases…

Jones actually explained in his show today where those files came from and if he’s to be believed it’s definitely not great for his attorney!

Where'd he say they came from?