Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

I hindsight and maybe going forward GSF needs a position within leadership of a Naysayer. Every time a director has a dumb idea. There should be someone semi-immune from blacklisting / purging who tells them how stupid that idea is if it is indeed stupid. A voice of dissonance to keep the leadership sane.

I asked him 3x and Deadtear declined. He would need to register an alt in ESI. No interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

You're extremely dumb irl if you believe this after witnessing a literal purge of 'schismatics' who did nothing more than what you're talking about.

Like, have you thought about incorporating objective facts to your thought process? Magical thinking is for...

Ohh, red hat. OK yeah nevermind.

I just said they need to do this. But I do realize how futile my suggestion really is.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vando posted:

You really need to grasp the idea that whether it's trolling or 100% genuine doesn't matter.

you really need to grasp the concept of mutually inclusive sets

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

paul harris posted:

whoever suggested karmafleet as a place to join, thank you so much. you're a good person.

what an amazing grouo and the bigger group, goonswarm federation, is also full of awesome people from top to bottom from what i've seen and they are all really level headed and chill.

in the interest of fairness they should be added to the OP since they are goons, and it seems lots of the people posting in the thread are also members there.

esto es malo posted:

who is ur karma feet main

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

paul harris posted:

i have only a small idea on what the hell is going on but some of you need to see a therapist for real

people who see therapists are healthier than you, probably because of that very reason

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Here I skip 15 pages of posts and can't tell the difference

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
And lo, I am for a brief hour upon Fartwater Island, home of CCP

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

I hindsight and maybe going forward GSF needs a position within leadership of a Naysayer. Every time a director has a dumb idea. There should be someone semi-immune from blacklisting / purging who tells them how stupid that idea is if it is indeed stupid. A voice of dissonance to keep the leadership sane.

Goon Court Jester I like it

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Rust Martialis posted:

And lo, I am for a brief hour upon Fartwater Island, home of CCP

Tell rattati he sucks

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Mederlock posted:

Goon Court Jester I like it

A Goonsigliere if you will

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

captainclaw posted:

Tell rattati he sucks

Yelled it out as we boarded the departure flight

Farewell, Keflavik.

They actually had new bonus security checks, first time in years I was just asked:

- did you pack your own luggage
- has it been in your control the whole time
- did anyone ask you to take anything

And a new bonus question:
- do you have any electronics that were recently modified or repaired

Something is up.

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Aug 4, 2022

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
at the end of the day, GSF fixed all of it's problems and deserves to be in the OP moreso than any of the defunct and dead corporations there. tricking new players into joining the 'one kill a week' goosefleet and 0.1 person online at any given time discord is hilariously bad. if moderators allow this then they're just sending all people who genuinely want to play eve on SA into the void to never play eve again, which is fair if that's what they want

Rust Martialis posted:

You fell for globby trolling.

pretty sure the mods can check and confirm that, it is, in fact, not me, and you're all scared of a man who only posts from work giving his opinion so much that anyone else that agrees with him is labelled his alt.

Vando posted:

Once again: saying "it's just X" is pretty much the entire problem and it doesn't reflect well on you

+1

Vando posted:

Saying "GSF is superior in every way" while there are still question marks about its attitude to things like transphobia and misogyny is kinda proving everyone's point btw

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Aug 4, 2022

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015
As far as how this failed play from the SA Drama Club put on for the last twenty pages or so, I have one question.

There has been some serious accusations about some things done by a certain people. Has law enforcement been notified? If not, why not?

Per the the people who spoke their peace and got kicked to the curb, they should be banned and offered a place back at the table if they so wish.

If Asher wanted to, he could swing the Ban-Hammer and the middle management minions would comply, would they not? After all, Asher is Caesar and Caesar's word is law.

:dare:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Why are you

double spacing

your posts?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

RazNation posted:

There has been some serious accusations about some things done by a certain people. Has law enforcement been notified? If not, why not?

If you're talking Xenuria, afaik it was reported to the FBI years ago. Or so I've heard. But here's the thing that many people who come here juuuust to ask, "did you call the cops :smuggo:"

Most law enforcement agency dedicate as much time, energy and budget towards these kind of cyber crimes as GSF did during Mittani's reign.
Most law enforcement agency stay within their borders, i think jurisdiction is what is called, so if you report some dumb gently caress in alabama fron new york, then odds are nothing will happen.

The FBI is the law enforcement agency that has the biggest budget for this sort of stuff and they can only take care of a few % of all reported cases. No one has the budget to really deal with these crimes.
Add to this the fact in some case, the perpetrator is in a country that don't see pedophilia as a crime. Xenuria is a great example of this, where he lives in a shithole country called *checknotes* The United States of America where rapists can now decide who the mother of their children is going to be. So Xenuria the pedophile is like, a very low priority

RazNation posted:

If Asher wanted to, he could swing the Ban-Hammer and the middle management minions would comply, would they not? After all, Asher is Caesar and Caesar's word is law.

:dare:

I'm not sure if you're well versed in history, but there is a reason why this item exists.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

at the end of the day, GSF fixed all of it's problems

cmon foozy

cmonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

cmonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

also kays we can prob turn slow mode off now

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

more wojak than man now, twisted and reddit

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Dalael posted:

If you're talking Xenuria, afaik it was reported to the FBI years ago. Or so I've heard. But here's the thing that many people who come here juuuust to ask, "did you call the cops :smuggo:"

If I had anything on Xenuria (or anyone else) I'd make sure I reported it. Doesn't the FBI have an online tips page?

The only thing I heard about Xenuria until the Hezzy thing was the ED stuff (and how it had 'all been looked into and found baseless', uh oops). I knew about the Alex divorce stuff but that's just him being a lovely human being, not mycrimes.txt. The Rydis pics thing with Mandozer I never heard until now. loving ugh.

Leadership *can* clean things up. Whatever Theta comms became after, under Ted things were a huge step up. Ted wanted it that way, and he was so hugely respected it happened. Obviously some 'space important' people weren't onboard (e.g. Tiberizzle) and were basically untouchable. I tried muting Tib once on Theta comms and he promptly kicked me from Mumble... repeatedly.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

at the end of the day, GSF fixed all of it's problems and deserves to be in the OP moreso than any of the defunct and dead corporations there. tricking new players into joining the 'one kill a week' goosefleet and 0.1 person online at any given time discord is hilariously bad. if moderators allow this then they're just sending all people who genuinely want to play eve on SA into the void to never play eve again, which is fair if that's what they want

pretty sure the mods can check and confirm that, it is, in fact, not me, and you're all scared of a man who only posts from work giving his opinion so much that anyone else that agrees with him is labelled his alt.

+1

its a great ok place to train a couple months to fly munnins and nothing else until ccp pulls the plug

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

in things we already knew, globby knows nothing about Goosefleet at all, continues to post dumb lies and bad takes because we won't let him in

anyway

eve

eve online

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

if moderators allow this then they're just sending all people who genuinely want to play eve on SA into the void to never play eve again

guys hes right, were loving up CCP's notorious 100 percent new player retention rate

globby if you wanna yell at someone for players quitting this lovely game, go to iceland

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

GSF doesn't want to associate with SA any longer, from their own admission.

Having an SA account, which is less than 1% of applications to GoonSwarm, isn't an 'in' anymore, so, if anything, they barely deserve to get listed at all.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Rust Martialis posted:

If I had anything on Xenuria (or anyone else) I'd make sure I reported it. Doesn't the FBI have an online tips page?

The only thing I heard about Xenuria until the Hezzy thing was the ED stuff (and how it had 'all been looked into and found baseless', uh oops). I knew about the Alex divorce stuff but that's just him being a lovely human being, not mycrimes.txt. The Rydis pics thing with Mandozer I never heard until now. loving ugh.

Leadership *can* clean things up. Whatever Theta comms became after, under Ted things were a huge step up. Ted wanted it that way, and he was so hugely respected it happened. Obviously some 'space important' people weren't onboard (e.g. Tiberizzle) and were basically untouchable. I tried muting Tib once on Theta comms and he promptly kicked me from Mumble... repeatedly.

Theta Squad comms are some of the worst parts of the entire GSF Org - especially the part where they unironically debate phrenology

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

Xolve posted:

GSF doesn't want to associate with SA any longer, from their own admission.

Having an SA account, which is less than 1% of applications to GoonSwarm, isn't an 'in' anymore, so, if anything, they barely deserve to get listed at all.

If they want new blood at this point. They would be better served in advertising on the Eve Online forums.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
How much of Goonswarm was SA based at this point anyway?

If there's a lot of Goons still there, I'm honestly a bit surprised Asher hasn't reversed that little tantrum.

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

also kays we can prob turn slow mode off now

counteroffer: is there a even slower mode?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Deki posted:

How much of Goonswarm was SA based at this point anyway?

If there's a lot of Goons still there, I'm honestly a bit surprised Asher hasn't reversed that little tantrum.

The massive effect of the events of the last couple months on GSF:

Computer, show July and August, enhance

So GSF has not lost a perceptible number of members in July or August. The bans were what, a couple dozen members? Noise in the signal.

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Aug 4, 2022

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Yeah but mittens got alexcommunicated

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

GSF has become reddit incarnate over the past several years, the severance from SA is honestly welcome at this point.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
typical. the fuckos just push on and people go along with it because of sheer inertia and :effort: and nothing ever changes

eve IS real wow

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bilirubin posted:

Here I skip 15 pages of posts and can't tell the difference

lol

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Rust Martialis posted:

So GSF has not lost a perceptible number of members in July or August. The bans were what, a couple dozen members? Noise in the signal.

Not a great comparison tbh

75% of Goonwaffe is directorate/fleet commander/gsol alts and is immune to a lot of shocks and karmafleet/ascee are recruitment monsters

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Solus posted:

Not a great comparison tbh

75% of Goonwaffe is directorate/fleet commander/gsol alts and is immune to a lot of shocks and karmafleet/ascee are recruitment monsters

Agreed, yet the rather obvious conclusion is that the actual net impact on the alliance membership is basically zero. Now you could argue the stats mask some unknown number of players who just quit the game while staying in GSF, not sure how to show that.

Alex is gone (and should be banned), so at least something good happened out of this.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Rust Martialis posted:

Are you stupid, disconnected, or trolling? That's the entire clan of pubbies.

Here's the ex-goon corp.

Join goosefleet today and steepen the curve!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Rust Martialis posted:

Agreed, yet the rather obvious conclusion is that the actual net impact on the alliance membership is basically zero. Now you could argue the stats mask some unknown number of players who just quit the game while staying in GSF, not sure how to show that.

Alex is gone (and should be banned), so at least something good happened out of this.

I feel like this is a bit of a straw man since the alliance has always had a lot of pubbies, right? When was the last time the goonwaffe Corp outnumbered the pubbie corps?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Are you stupid, disconnected, or trolling? That's the entire clan of pubbies.

I said GSF, and posted GSF. What's your problem?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
If you want to recruit for goonswarm, feel free to make a goonswarm thread in PGS. This is general chat for all EVE goings on.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Rust Martialis posted:

You're being wilfully disingenuous to push a narrative.

Suck the poo poo out of my rear end in a top hat.

E:

I'll be direct.

GSF is 90% pubbie, mrchi and btls wre never counted as goons, and karmafleet/ amok. aren't either. Only goonwaffe was actual SA users.

You're comparing apples to oranges to push a narrative that nobody left goonswarm, when we have always been talking about people leaving goonwaffe.

Pubbies and their ilk are none of my concern.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Samuel L. Hacksaw fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Aug 4, 2022

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Rust Martialis posted:

Apparently reading comprehension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Kaysette posted:

If you want to recruit for goonswarm, feel free to make a goonswarm thread in PGS. This is general chat for all EVE goings on.

So, no recruiting in this thread? By anyone? Including GooseFleet?