Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

His mistake is thinking that public will matters. We all know poo poo is hosed, we all want it to change, it doesn't matter. There will be no revolution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

blatman posted:

due to poo poo we've seen coming for decades, we regret to inform you that lake mead has been downgraded to mead

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

The answer has always been krushchyovkas. Concrete pouring creates CO2, but prefabricated concrete panels could have carbon capture at the source (the only place where carbon capture works at all.)

Alamani57
Dec 15, 2010

cracko pingu

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

US population in 2049: 149,188,130

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

atelier morgan posted:

could it really do any worse than british aluminum though lol

the brits can't even make roads, rail and landing strips that don't melt in 90 degree weather

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

run to the desert, tony tone

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

atelier morgan posted:

could it really do any worse than british aluminum though lol

their fault for using that al-loo-min-ium stuff instead of aluminum

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

grow some acacia trees and plant them surreptitiously

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

grow alkaloid rich acacia trees so your future kid can inherit a post apocalypse dmt plantation and be the most popular kid in the wasteland

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

sirtommygunn posted:

His mistake is thinking that public will matters. We all know poo poo is hosed, we all want it to change, it doesn't matter. There will be no revolution.

The amount of cops in body armor from head to toe they brought in to remove one middle-aged guy handcuffed to a door is quite remarkable

:rubby:

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

throw off all your clothes and prophesy against jerusalem

The Voice of Labor posted:

grow alkaloid rich acacia trees so your future kid can inherit a post apocalypse dmt plantation and be the most popular kid in the wasteland
this they gets it

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

give me dome or give me death

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

in these trying times we need to strike a balance between preparation and hedonism

to this end i suggest we install a nipple on top of the goon dome

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

blatman posted:

in these trying times we need to strike a balance between preparation and hedonism

to this end i suggest we install a nipple on top of the goon dome
we can shape the future

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

onion domes are over. a new architectural trend has come to town

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I feel bad for the scientist that is on the verge of tears talking about how serious things are but I feel like the actual scientists should know better than anyone that nothing can really be done and that immolating yourself at the capitol barely gets a headline.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1555248462421164033

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I feel bad for the scientist that is on the verge of tears talking about how serious things are but I feel like the actual scientists should know better than anyone that nothing can really be done and that immolating yourself at the capitol barely gets a headline.

you won't get your name mentioned if you self-immolate because the media doesn't want to create interest for copycats

this is also why they don't obsess over every detail about mass shooters and their manifestos

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
buy him an account

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

the paradox of dying to raise awareness of climate change in the most carbon emitting way

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

always take care of your health

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

the paradox of dying to raise awareness of climate change in the most carbon emitting way

I'm going to roll coal in a diesel truck straight into a burning pile of tires and styrofoam to raise awareness for climate change

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

orly posted:

Aww cute widdle plants already pwushing up out of the ground nature is healing XD

It's invasive deathblow & hellbore

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

I'm going to roll coal in a diesel truck straight into a burning pile of tires and styrofoam to raise awareness for climate change
mr president

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

MLSM posted:

The amount of cops in body armor from head to toe they brought in to remove one middle-aged guy handcuffed to a door is quite remarkable

:rubby:

Gotta give everybody in the department a chance at some easy OT.

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.
Pretty amazing and definitely [Biosphere Collapse] thematic.
Its not even the full version! There's another minute and its even loving better, lmfao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCo3XwTRg9o

tiberion02 has issued a correction as of 00:51 on Aug 5, 2022

Morbus
May 18, 2004

how to troll a malthusian

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Thinking hard about why the climate footprint dropped precipitously in 2020 and concluding that it's probably because the US actually successfully pivoted to green energy that year but no one realized until now

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

lol that it's not bad enough that god is distant and indifferent. we have aliens capable of interstellar travel hangin' out and they too are not doing poo poo.

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

Vox Nihili posted:

Thinking hard about why the climate footprint dropped precipitously in 2020 and concluding that it's probably because the US actually successfully pivoted to green energy that year but no one realized until now

recessions = lower emissions

we been in one for >2.5 years now, they just wont admit it and lie with the numbers

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan

TeenageArchipelago posted:

It's like if you saw that emissions were highest during the day and so you decided to focus on daytime emissions when you're still getting hosed by nocturnal emissions

:heysexy:

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

tiberion02 posted:

we been in one for >2.5 years now, they just wont admit it and lie with the numbers

I am kind of curious how long the climax of the post fact society phase is going to last.

Our government is choosing to decide how to handle a pandemic based on economic concerns while pretending it's scientific and then is rules lawyering the 2,000,000+ dead US citizens to mostly not existing while we burn through trillions of dollars of extra money we printed to keep the stock number green.

No matter how conditions deteriorate, how the pandemic gets worse, how the economy gets worse we are just declaring as a country "Nuh Uh"

Griz
May 21, 2001

Vox Nihili posted:

Lake Mead pic # 84719

two months ago:

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

an egg posted:

we can shape the future

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Morbus posted:

how to troll a malthusian

uhmmmm taylor swift exxon mobil malthus malthus malthus industry

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

tiberion02 posted:

More specifically it was the COVID lockdowns. Millions fewer cars on the streets, etc.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Griz posted:

two months ago:

man it's been 2 months since Vegas flooded? Glad that's over with

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
New idea: use car exhaust to carbonate beer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr