Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I'm having trouble believing content on Jones' phone can be directly related to prosecution against Trump but drat would I ever love to be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Fart Amplifier posted:

Sentences that would have seemed physically impossible 6 years ago are frighteningly possible now.
This wouldn't even be the first political scandal involving grainy nude photos of Roger Stone.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Tayter Swift posted:

I'm having trouble believing content on Jones' phone can be directly related to prosecution against Trump but drat would I ever love to be wrong.
The guy with the phone has been mouthing off in front of cameras about the "intimate" messages between Jones and Roger Stone. But Jones was at the Capitol on January 6th and his security was provided by Elmer Stuart Rhodes of this group called the Oathkeepers. You may have heard of him!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Murgos posted:

edit: Also, enough people are getting this that it's going to leak like a sieve. I'd bet NYT or WaPo already have, or soon will have, copies of the entire image.

This is the other part.

NYT, WaPo, Yahoo news, whomever is going to be falling all over themselves to get this first, and several people on the legal team are going to be doing the same to leak it.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Anybody Jones talked to who thought they still had the ability to lay low is finding the gently caress out!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Dr. Faustus posted:

The guy with the phone has been mouthing off in front of cameras about the "intimate" messages between Jones and Roger Stone. But Jones was at the Capitol on January 6th and his security was provided by Elmer Stuart Rhodes of this group called the Oathkeepers. You may have heard of him!

To be fair, Bankston was stroking his fully erect penis when he said that, could be that there's no "there" there.

But I doubt it.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1555305740256116739?t=0NbN6LEZ882Nm-RF6Bel9g&s=19

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
They originally wanted 150 Million, but jury put it at 4.1. Still a good chunk of change, but not nearly as harmful for him or as much of a deterrent.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Twibbit posted:

They originally wanted 150 Million, but jury put it at 4.1. Still a good chunk of change, but not nearly as harmful for him or as much of a deterrent.

Infowars clears like 70 million a year

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
That sounds like huge win for Jones. How do putative damages typically compare?

E: Yeah Jones won.

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/1555308262894907392?s=21&t=8MChpUofRv0hz0WVeE6Btw

Tayter Swift fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Aug 4, 2022

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Punitive will be like another 500k or some bullshit.

He also perjured himself on video but nothing will come of that.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

$44 million plus whatever its going to cost him after his texts and financials are public

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Dubar posted:

$44 million plus whatever its going to cost him after his texts and financials are public

??

Max is 10x, he won't get the maximum. He will likely walk away from this for less than 10m if I had to bet on it.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
sigh

so far Lucy's had one hell of a streak with that football

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

back to crushing reality. it was fun while it lasted, and god drat i hope the sanctions and phone lead to interesting new problems for the lying gently caress

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Tayter Swift posted:

it won't be trump directly probably but my guess others like flynn and rudy and probably others.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Tayter Swift posted:

That sounds like huge win for Jones. How do putative damages typically compare?

E: Yeah Jones won.

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/1555308262894907392?s=21&t=8MChpUofRv0hz0WVeE6Btw

hot take even if they went hard got all 150 million or whatever, it wouldn't have hurt him, dude makes tons and tons on the downlow from insane chud grifts and probably backing. he has other civil suits and etc in the pipeline.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

He's also about to face two more trials for the same thing, and now the CT plaintiffs have his phone.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

mdemone posted:

He's also about to face two more trials for the same thing, and now the CT plaintiffs have his phone.

that and that phone is going to congress AND the DOJ probably.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Dapper_Swindler posted:

that and that phone is going to congress AND the DOJ probably.

Heheheh. Yes, Mr. Jones. Indeed.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Yeah. As much as it would've been nice for this ruling to obliterate him, there will be others.

Plus that's a ton of really important evidence for the Jan 6 crew.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

mdemone posted:

Heheheh. Yes, Mr. Jones. Indeed.

his evil little chuckle was truly amazing

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
The punitive phase could see him hit much harder, and I think he has at least two more Sandy Hook defamation trials pending.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Dick Trauma posted:

The punitive phase could see him hit much harder, and I think he has at least two more Sandy Hook defamation trials pending.

I had totally forgotten till today that Connecticut has 8 plaintiffs rather than 2, so even setting aside Connecticut's more generous damages laws, that alone multiplies Number some.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

GreyjoyBastard posted:

his evil little chuckle was truly amazing

The single greatest moment in that guy's life. We should all be so lucky.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Looks like we're at the bottom of the second act of the third movie, where the villain from the first movie briefly comes back to help battle the new, inhumanly powerful big bad.
https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/status/1555282305400426501

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Yeah I pointed out in another thread, Alex Jones is hosed. If they punish him upwards of 25-30 million tomorrow then that is a tremendous sum comparatively to your average case. And he's got other trials with bigger rewards on the line. Where he will absolutely retain awful council and continually make a fool of himself and lose those too.

I'm not even going to get into the laws of hiding assets, january 6th stuff, etc. This is a headache that will never end for Alex Jones.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

-Blackadder- posted:

Looks like we're at the bottom of the second act of the third movie, where the villain from the first movie briefly comes back to help battle the new, inhumanly powerful big bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECoYRvCMgr0

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

-Blackadder- posted:

gently caress off, literal heartless bastard Shadow President.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

-Blackadder- posted:

Man, I miss when villains had real menace to them.

Annoyingly apropos

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

Man, I miss when villains had real menace to them.

Annoyingly apropos

On the plus side, Cheney looks and sounds like absolute poo poo in that video. I know "evil lives forever" is a meme, but the past 13 years look like they've been justifiably rough as a ballsack dragged across broken glass on old Darth Vader here. No wonder he never leaves his castle on Mustafar anymore.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

-Blackadder- posted:

Does he need more shells?

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Yeah I pointed out in another thread, Alex Jones is hosed. If they punish him upwards of 25-30 million tomorrow then that is a tremendous sum comparatively to your average case. And he's got other trials with bigger rewards on the line. Where he will absolutely retain awful council and continually make a fool of himself and lose those too.

I'm not even going to get into the laws of hiding assets, january 6th stuff, etc. This is a headache that will never end for Alex Jones.

I could easily believe that Alex Jones is the kind of person who could blow through 8 and even 9 figures of wealth with nothing left to show for it. That said, he’s been raking in cash for a long time and even a $100 million finding might not hit him all that hard.

His wife coming after what’s left though, that could be a problem for him if they can show he was hiding his income. They could find that he owes going way back.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
What are the odds at this point of Alex Jones pulling a Lowtax?

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

nine-gear crow posted:

I dont think Jeffrey can afford infowars and I'm not sure what they'd do with it.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

Depending on what’s on his phone he might be Epsteined.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

piL posted:

I dont think Jeffrey can afford infowars and I'm not sure what they'd do with it.

Jeffrey of InfoWars just doesn't have the same ring to it...

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Can we get the Knowledge Fight guys to buy it? They can have it as a trophy. A big, stinky, supplement-filled trophy.

Enver Zogha
Nov 12, 2008

The modern revisionists and reactionaries call us Stalinists, thinking that they insult us and, in fact, that is what they have in mind. But, on the contrary, they glorify us with this epithet; it is an honor for us to be Stalinists.

-Blackadder- posted:

What's funny is I actually remember reading about DIck Cheney happily endorsing Trump back in 2016. I glanced at The_Donald subreddit at the time and saw a bunch of posters be like "I always knew Cheney was different from that stupid Bush guy, Cheney is a real American."

Enver Zogha fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Aug 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I'll be here tomorrow when his punitive award is under 10 mil.