Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
The truth of the matter is, we barely had an effect on overall membership, and I for one dont care.

Mittani and Xen are gone and that's what i wanted. I dont give a crap if no one else leaves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Rust Martialis posted:

So, no recruiting in this thread? By anyone? Including GooseFleet?

They have a PGS thread for that.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Dalael posted:

The truth of the matter is, we barely had an effect on overall membership, and I for one dont care.

Mittani and Xen are gone and that's what i wanted. I dont give a crap if no one else leaves.

isn't that transphobic guy yogizh still in and doing logi with roles

Kaysette posted:

They have a PGS thread for that.

He's leading up to asking if Goosefleet has to stop posting things which could be deemed recruitment ads, such as Dall-E posters

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

Rust Martialis posted:

Agreed, yet the rather obvious conclusion is that the actual net impact on the alliance membership is basically zero. Now you could argue the stats mask some unknown number of players who just quit the game while staying in GSF, not sure how to show that.

Alex is gone (and should be banned), so at least something good happened out of this.

for the like dozenth loving time, people didnt leave to "hurt the alliance" they left because of the lovely bigots in the line, in the directorate, and in the big chair.
explicitly stated "i dont want to play with this group anymore" and you loving shitsuckers keep coming up with "lol another schism, weve never had one of those before :smug: "

its about who we choose to play this terrible game with, its not about causing GSF to lose delve or whatever dumbass power play poo poo keeps getting debated

Mr. Grinch fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Aug 4, 2022

dodkalm
Nov 27, 2012

Kesper North posted:

isn't that transphobic guy yogizh still in and doing logi with roles
Yeah sorry that's load bearing transphobia

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
GSF is not recruiting from here, so they don't need a thread on this dead comedy forum

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Kesper North posted:

He's leading up to asking if Goosefleet has to stop posting things which could be deemed recruitment ads, such as Dall-E posters

Why Kesper, you of all people would agree that what's sauce for the GEWNS is sauce for the GANDR.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Rust Martialis posted:

Why Kesper, you of all people would agree that what's sauce for the GEWNS is sauce for the GANDR.

:dadjoke:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Rust Martialis posted:

oh my god lmao :golfclap:

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Solus posted:

EvE Online Delenda Est

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

GSF is not recruiting from here, so they don't need a thread on this dead comedy forum

paul harris
Oct 22, 2020
The word “doxing” is derived from the term “dropping documents.” Doxing is a form of cyberbullying that uses sensitive or secret information, statements, or records for the harassment, exposure, or other exploitation of targeted individuals.

Rust Martialis posted:

I said GSF, and posted GSF. What's your problem?

idk, but there seems to be a lot of angry people who can't accept other people having fun in gsf

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

paul harris posted:

idk, but there seems to be a lot of angry people who can't accept other people having fun in gsf

fart

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Mr. Grinch posted:

for the like dozenth loving time, people didnt leave to "hurt the alliance" they left because of the lovely bigots in the line, in the directorate, and in the big chair.
explicitly stated "i dont want to play with this group anymore" and you loving shitsuckers keep coming up with "lol another schism, weve never had one of those before :smug: "

its about who we choose to play this terrible game with, its not about causing GSF to lose delve or whatever dumbass power play poo poo keeps getting debated

he's not defending them

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

x if you're a paid delta sqad infiltrator hired by our enemies (pappy) to destroy the empire from the inside

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Rudeboy Detective posted:

x if you're a paid delta sqad infiltrator hired by our enemies (pappy) to destroy the empire from the inside

x

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

paul harris posted:

i made you this post

here it is:

HONK HOK FART FART

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Rudeboy Detective posted:

x but they keep saying my isk is in contracts or something and i cant find the buttan

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

is fw any good yet

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

x delta squad crisis actor plexing my account for posting m

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

http://www.gootse.cx

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

I predict that mittens will be running horde in a year

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

what is that man doing to that wormhole

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
I dug out an old (2011) pc and threw Win 10 on it today, and thought later to put Eve on it (basically to do hanger-stuff; Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics). The computer is up-to-date, and according to DXDIAG Im running DirectX 12.

The Steam Eve launcher wont let me download the game files because it doesnt detect DX11. The computer exceeds the minimum requirements, but the launcher just throws up an error and says to try Support. Im currently dling the game directly from eveonline.com, but I dont have a fast connection hereis there some voodoo chant or DX configuration I missed, or should I just wait out the 10.9GB dl and try tomorrow?

I dont know if this is me, ccp, or Microsoft. Anybody else run into this? Id prefer to log my single character in through Steam, although I admit an Alpha industrialist would be neat to keep on my potato-computer screen

paul harris
Oct 22, 2020
The word “doxing” is derived from the term “dropping documents.” Doxing is a form of cyberbullying that uses sensitive or secret information, statements, or records for the harassment, exposure, or other exploitation of targeted individuals.

DerekSmartymans posted:

I dug out an old (2011) pc and threw Win 10 on it today, and thought later to put Eve on it (basically to do hanger-stuff; Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics). The computer is up-to-date, and according to DXDIAG Im running DirectX 12.

The Steam Eve launcher wont let me download the game files because it doesnt detect DX11. The computer exceeds the minimum requirements, but the launcher just throws up an error and says to try Support. Im currently dling the game directly from eveonline.com, but I dont have a fast connection hereis there some voodoo chant or DX configuration I missed, or should I just wait out the 10.9GB dl and try tomorrow?

I dont know if this is me, ccp, or Microsoft. Anybody else run into this? Id prefer to log my single character in through Steam, although I admit an Alpha industrialist would be neat to keep on my potato-computer screen

i looked on steam when i was installing the game and it seems like the eve launcher is bad. should just download the game client from the official website instead.

anyway enjoy the game, i know i have despite the harassment sent my way by some of the people in this thread.

paul harris fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Aug 5, 2022

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
https://br.evetools.org/br/62ecab809257560ddc1c6b7a

Gaming Achieved

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

paul harris posted:

i looked on steam when i was installing the game and it seems like the eve launcher is bad. should just download the game client from the official website instead.

Yeah, my main eveputer connects through Steam with no problem (Win11/current), so Im just downloading the client direct on my laptop. Good to know its not my end.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Here's the ex-goon corp.

Join goosefleet today and steepen the curve!

Before you all start back-slapping, here's the other side of this curve:

https://evemaps.dotlan.net/corp/GSF_Logistics_and_Posting_Reserves

Join GSF Logistics today!*

*directorate/fleet commander/gsol alts/really good spies only

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009

DerekSmartymans posted:

Im running DirectX 12it doesnt detect DX11.

tbf this is exactly how Id expect ccp to manage version constraints :v:

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

xtothez posted:

Before you all start back-slapping, here's the other side of this curve:

https://evemaps.dotlan.net/corp/GSF_Logistics_and_Posting_Reserves

Join GSF Logistics today!*

*directorate/fleet commander/gsol alts/really good spies only

So hey, how about that no-questions-asked blanket amnesty?

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

dragonshardz posted:

I thought you were all about geese n stuff now

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Bill once again proving he's dense as a sack of bricks and refusing to read the previous posts where it was stated very clearly that its a valid step on the path of the org proving that it's changing instead of just doing lip service.

Going "Oh we've changed, look at the changes we have made"

While also leaving everyone that was outraged and yelling about it labelled as "Dangerous Schismatics"

Is incredibly EvE online

Solus fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Aug 5, 2022

Aedaxus
Feb 3, 2019

dragonshardz posted:

There have been so many posts I do not find the one where someone of importance indicates that ANYONE who left or was kicked out is free to talk with them in DM to have a chat on joining back in.
Don't you think it's important to have a chat with the people you are about to get back involved in? Would you (and others) not like to make sure the situation is the one you want to be involved in?

As far as I am aware;
Xenuria
- Banned and blacklisted (thanks to Hezzy's relentless effort on getting the truth).

TheMittani
- Walked out through washout lane in shame. Never to be seen again, abandoning the alliance.
- The people around him no longer support him and clearly stated that.
- Has been replaced with a new leader who is leading us.

Yoghzi
- Has been clearly warned not to engage in activities that exclude/insult/threathen part of our community.

So to be sure on what happened to who it would be best advice to talk to those in leadership as I only know a small part of what is going on and most people in GSF don't even know this treasure trove of information I just posted. Let that sink in. Most people just want to enjoy a spaceship game. No one enjoys political emails from anyone, we all pay to play a game and want to enjoy it with people. A place where everyone starts out the same way. And I am glad we as a community were able to oust some very creepy people.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
You have made 1 post outside of an eve online thread since you joined in 2019 lmao

paul harris
Oct 22, 2020

Bigbillthaboss posted:

I thought you were all about geese n stuff now

i find it really weird that people who are happy to insult, harass, and doxx people in gsf somehow want amnesty and to be let back in after they made a big show of how much they don't want to ever go back.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
I find it really weird that you are so defensive despite discovering this thread a few days ago, so there's lots of weird stuff

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

paul harris posted:

i find it really weird that people who are happy to insult, harass, and doxx people in gsf somehow want amnesty and to be let back in after they made a big show of how much they don't want to ever go back.

drat, would be wild if any of that poo poo actually happened

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I find it really weird that obvious J4Gs are caping this hard

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Does anyone remember that weird Siberian Squad leak that was so cartoonishly racist and homophobic?

It looked pretty fake. Was there any sort of rebuttal or response to it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
The guy who supposedly posted the announcement both said it was fake and that it was not accurate to his views, and really without any other evidence I see no reason not to believe him.