Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I feel absolutely no urge to 'reintegrate into society' post-pandemic when society is dominated by people like this. Let them murder each other far, far away from me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

My city turned all the street cars into busses problem solved. Wait poo poo

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I feel absolutely no urge to 'reintegrate into society' post-pandemic when society is dominated by people like this. Let them murder each other far, far away from me.

I don’t know if I want to live in a place where locals know all the usual “tricks” of guys waving guns at them from trucks like it is the 40th time it happened this month.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
yes yes the bit where the pickup guy wants to shoot him for blowing his horn is the most insane part of the video but also don't sleep on the car culture title that begins with "just driving back from my morning jog"

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

if its not safe to walk in your neighborhood it definitely isnt safe to jog there

also for myself i like to jog on gravel trails because its way easier on my knees, gotta drive to find that

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

lobster shirt posted:

if its not safe to walk in your neighborhood it definitely isnt safe to jog there

also for myself i like to jog on gravel trails because its way easier on my knees, gotta drive to find that

maybe you shouldn’t jog if you need to drive for it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I drive to my bike and then bike to where I jog

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Boywhiz88 posted:

I’m guessing White Bear Lake. I did my best to Google after he said that cause I was like “who was up for BRT?” So I could be wrong!

But that definitely sounds about right.

https://www.minnpost.com/cityscape/2022/05/how-a-dog-whistle-campaign-against-the-purple-line-forced-white-bear-lake-transit-into-a-corner/

Awful, that route looks super effective!

Edit: I was gonna call it lily-white but 90%!?! Jeeeeesus. You have to work for those kinds of numbers.

oh yeah i remember hearing about that

all i know about white bear lake is all the car dealerships along 61, appropriately enough

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

mawarannahr posted:

maybe you shouldn’t jog if you need to drive for it

cardio is nice

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

lobster shirt posted:

cardio is nice

you’re personally ruining other people’s cardiovascular health with your auto emissions in an attempt to improve your own. sickening!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

if there was a safe/convenient place to jog closer to my house i would go there!!!!!!!!!!!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

lobster shirt posted:

if there was a safe/convenient place to jog closer to my house i would go there!!!!!!!!!!!

you can just post instead!!!

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

actionjackson posted:

which suburb?

Boywhiz88 posted:

I’m guessing White Bear Lake. I did my best to Google after he said that cause I was like “who was up for BRT?” So I could be wrong!

https://www.minnpost.com/cityscape/2022/05/how-a-dog-whistle-campaign-against-the-purple-line-forced-white-bear-lake-transit-into-a-corner/

Edit: I was gonna call it lily-white but 90%!?! Jeeeeesus. You have to work for those kinds of numbers.

that's the one! White Boy Lake as it's also known.

Growing up my dad used to take the bus to downtown St. Paul for work. It picked him up a block from our house, he didn't have to deal with traffic/parking and his work subsided his bus pass. He loved it. Since then they've severely reduced the bus routes, now he'd have to drive to a park and ride at the maplewood mall to get downtown with a bus. Luckily he's retired now.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

mawarannahr posted:

you can just post instead!!!

thats true all these exclamation marks are getting my heartrate up

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ardennes posted:

I don’t know if I want to live in a place where locals know all the usual “tricks” of guys waving guns at them from trucks like it is the 40th time it happened this month.

if you know the tricks just shoot him from behind at the light! its clearly legal in these peoples insane country

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Outlander… Why ride when you can post?

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
https://twitter.com/InternetHippo/status/1555206778907856897

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Boywhiz88 posted:

BRT's are trash. Create a regional rail-line, use Federal Eminent Domain and throw everyone in terrorist jail who opposes national security.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

The Adelaide O-Bahn is better than every modern BRT. This is what a busway should look like.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
when i was a kid southwest flights were so cheap and burbank airport so convenient and quick me and my mom would take daytrips up to san francisco to hang with her parents. state felt smaller back then lol. now its expensive and even burbank is a pain in the rear end. sad to see

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

The Adelaide O-Bahn is better than every modern BRT. This is what a busway should look like.

If those are electric busses then sure. If they still carry their own fuel source, they are trash.

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

Lol what the gently caress is this poo poo just get a loving tram oh my god

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

The Berlin tram network is quite peculiar since worst Berlin replaced all the trams with buses but best Berlin did not

speng31b
May 8, 2010

love it when my office hosts long term business travelers from other global offices in our lovely American suburb. One time when i tried to convince a guy he had to rent a car he was like "oh no no I'm European, I'll get around" and ... yeah i think he gave up after a day after trying to figure out how to walk across a major interstate to a sam's club and almost becoming pavement decoration

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

chadbear posted:

The Berlin tram network is quite peculiar since worst Berlin replaced all the trams with buses but best Berlin did not

That owns. I know nothing of modern berlin, but I'm going to guess that if you wanted to or had to live in Berlin, the former East Berlin is where the cool poo poo is?

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

That owns. I know nothing of modern berlin, but I'm going to guess that if you wanted to or had to live in Berlin, the former East Berlin is where the cool poo poo is?

In the 90s and 00s, definitely. People were leaving the former East in droves, and young people and artists moved into the empty places in the inner city. Prenzlauer Berg and Friedrichshain were the place to be, lots of underground clubs, people occupying houses etc. Both have been gentrified to hell by now. Prenzlberg is one of the most expensive white bourgeois hellholes in all of Germany while Friedrichshain is international hipster downtown.

Nowadays... well, it depends on who you ask. People have strong opinions about that. The formerly run-down parts of the former West (Kreuzberg, Neukölln) have been gentrifying too but I have a feeling that it's going somewhat slower since rent protection is relatively strong in Germany and it wasn't like in the former East where half the city stood empty after everybody who could left.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

If those are electric busses then sure. If they still carry their own fuel source, they are trash.

Adelaide is still in the process of electrifying its train lines. lmao at the idea that they would have electric buses

Scuffy_1989
Jul 3, 2022

lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I like to think that the guy making "obscene hand gestures" was actually trying to let them know their car was on fire or dragging something the full self-driving cameras failed to see

speng31b
May 8, 2010

I find that usually when people make obscene hand gestures in traffic they are upset that they believe someone else is driving lovely, but leave it to a Tesla owner to assume they're being persecuted for their beautiful vehicle

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Tesla driver confused about why everyone they encounter is angrily flipping them off: “probably they are just jealous”

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

on the one hand, i support bullying tesla drivers, on the other hand, its iowa so the perpetrators are almost certainly coal rollers who wish to vaporize all cyclists and pedestrians.

verdict: death penalty for all drivers

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/abc7chriscristi/status/1555342749028626433?s=20&t=A2SdVSnnNLBED2AZvAVWUg

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

that ruled

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

"Investigators believe the driver of the Mercedes-Benz was responsible for the crash, Pepi said."
- https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-08-04/six-people-killed-in-fiery-multi-vehicle-crash-in-windsor-hills-authorities-say

of course they were

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I do not understand what goes through your head when your blast 100mph down a city street. like freeways on, but a city street??

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

They didn't even slow down! Like just trying to shoot the gap :(

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Xaris posted:

I do not understand what goes through your head when your blast 100mph down a city street. like freeways on, but a city street??

Suplex Liberace posted:

They didn't even slow down! Like just trying to shoot the gap :(

I assume they were probably hosed out of their mind to be doing that

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Xaris posted:

A shocking number of people in general are total psychopaths I've found

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I don't let teslas merge
Same goes for most luxury cars