Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Sleng Teng posted:

can't wait to figure out what any of this loving means!!

Looking back on this and having it make complete sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmEyUOLDGFA&t=4s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Spent all day at work daydreaming about possible endgame Mwamba builds.

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

Fungah! posted:

man, this game kicks absolute fuckin rear end. 100% killer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

goferchan posted:

lol

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

goferchan posted:

lol. gonna be so op dude

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

goferchan posted:

lmao

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

goferchan posted:

hope it works out for you

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I tried out autobattle while getting the door today and came back to the mfers doing chain attacks :stare:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/StellaNoxEclair/status/1554172677451030535

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Every chapter climax has been hype as gently caress but at the same time...

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Man I'm honestly having a lot of trouble with "Mysterious Enemy" in the first chapter lol. I'm level 11, playing on hard mode, and I've tried a few different accessory/art combos but consistently when I get him down to around 25% HP he kills the tank, then usually kills me while the healer rezzes the tank, then kills the healer because the tank takes too long to build up aggro, then it's all over. I guess I could grind out another level or so against the mechs in the area it's kind of annoying because it won't let me teleport back to the big open area so I can go kill some of the elites wandering around

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

goferchan posted:

Man I'm honestly having a lot of trouble with "Mysterious Enemy" in the first chapter lol. I'm level 11, playing on hard mode, and I've tried a few different accessory/art combos but consistently when I get him down to around 25% HP he kills the tank, then usually kills me while the healer rezzes the tank, then kills the healer because the tank takes too long to build up aggro, then it's all over. I guess I could grind out another level or so against the mechs in the area it's kind of annoying because it won't let me teleport back to the big open area so I can go kill some of the elites wandering around

got a nopon doll? that helped me a lot, means th healer doesn't die as soon as the tank get back up

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

goferchan posted:

He was kicking my rear end, I only beat him once debuffs landed consistently. Make sure you have the break->topple->daze combo setup on your guys and do your super move when he's dazed for like 3k dmg instead of the normal 1.5k

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Fungah! posted:

got a nopon doll? that helped me a lot, means th healer doesn't die as soon as the tank get back up

No, I thought i was pretty thorough up to that point, is it an accessory? And yeah I'm doing the combo -- is he a mech? I have the +60% damage to mechanical enemies accessory on Noah but I haven't actually taken it off yet to test if it's doing anything

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

goferchan posted:

No, I thought i was pretty thorough up to that point, is it an accessory? And yeah I'm doing the combo -- is he a mech? I have the +60% damage to mechanical enemies accessory on Noah but I haven't actually taken it off yet to test if it's doing anything

nah hes not a mech I dont think

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

One other thing I did was Lanz dies is I ran around w. aggro until he managed to peel him off me. It was still very close

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

Fungah! posted:

man, this game kicks absolute fuckin rear end. 100% killer

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Fungah! posted:

nah hes not a mech I dont think

Ok if that's the case the wasted accessory on Noah was probably enough to make a difference, I keep getting him down to a sliver of health

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i can't stop playing this game, at like 25 hours, still in chapter 3 sidequesting

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I sidequested a lot in Chapter 3 to the point that I was 10 levels higher than everything on the main story path. Just finished Chapter 4 and am only now starting to fight stuff my level again after just running through several areas unopposed. This is without using bonus exp.

The Chapter 3 end boss was still a fucker even with my boosted levels, too. Had my first real wipe to him.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

goferchan posted:

Ok if that's the case the wasted accessory on Noah was probably enough to make a difference, I keep getting him down to a sliver of health

If you have Vortex equipped on Eunie she won't use it unless there's more than 1 enemy, so it's a wasted arts slot.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

chapter 4 ending spoiler

oh boy, consul N looks a lot like Noah and Consul M looks like Mio. Juist a coincidence right?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
the chapter 5 zone is loving huge gamers

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I’ve spent like 15 hours in that zone it just exploring and (ch 5) trying to soul hack every unique I’ve fought so far. Also the signifer class is crazy busted. Good chapter

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Looking back on this and having it make complete sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmEyUOLDGFA&t=4s

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

This thread is really making me wanna buy this game even though I'm 99% sure I will bounce off it hard.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Leadthumb posted:

This thread is really making me wanna buy this game even though I'm 99% sure I will bounce off it hard.

get 1 next time its on sale and see how it goes imo

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Leadthumb posted:

It's a shame there isn't a demo. A demo that's just the start of the game and the save carries over to the full game FTMFW.

I pirated the first game on Wii and bounced off even though I was enjoying it. I blame the wiimote. Then I ended up playing the 3ds version years later for like 300 hours lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Switch version of 1 kicks rear end and I know a lot of people don’t like the new artstyle but I think it looks better

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I think the new art style is fine, and it serves a purpose with the scale of the game. Having more stylized characters helps when they're 10 pixels tall. It's more of being kinda inundated with that general anime look that basically every jrpg uses now, even SMT. That new Soul Hackers game looks wack to me. (not the game itself I'm sure it will be fine)

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lol supervillainpon

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Chapter 3 stuff: seeing the state of uraya.... this game is going to make me cry i can feel it

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

I’m retarded. I only just realized you can switch characters in combat and also somehow managed to get the stalker class before the full metal jaguar :doh:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

just unlocked soul hacker class this shits crazy. this game is crazy

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
this game owns even tho i’m too dumb to arts up skills for classes. i feel like i what to make sure i have stuff equipped on all dudes to be able to chain to launch/daze but what else should i make sure i have

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

should have gone to bed hours ago but shits popping off too hard :suspense:

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lol 1000% bonus xp on a chain combo :hellyeah:

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

this game gets better the more i play it. nothing feels better than getting an overkill during a chain combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

nopon coins max out at 99, so make sure to use them in some way before that point. been filling out the collectopedia myself