Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Mister Speaker posted:

Mr. Bean: Isolation

You're hiding in a closet when you hear oh hrmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Covok posted:

Concept: Aliens but the vietnam subtext is just text. Colonial marines go down to take back a planet from colonists who have been uprising. The ensuing chaos unleashes facehuggers from a Weyland-Yutani research site that the locals were steering clear of after it got abandoned during the uprising. The xenomorphs quickly convert all involved until the orbiting marine ship cuts their losses and leaves them all to die.

I’m extremely confident I’ve read that exact premise in an Aliens novel or RPG module or something.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

lmao

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!
I re-watched Resurrection last night, which was the the first time since seeing it on release at the cinema.

It was bad back then, but time has certainly not been kind to it. Just awful from start to finish.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

CelticPredator posted:

It’s called colon marines. You can have that nonsense.

I haven't played it but it sounds like total rear end.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Gargamel Gibson posted:

I haven't played it but it sounds like total rear end.

I got to trudge through it thanks to an early leak. Unfortunately the controls feel very loose.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
You could even say that game needed a colonoscopy ahahahaha

hahahahaha!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTxjVau0iig

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I didn't expect you all to pile on

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!

Mister Speaker posted:

Mr. Bean: Isolation

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

They're pretty rough because I'm not an artist. Couldn't decide which orientation would be funnier.

Pitwar posted:

I re-watched Resurrection last night, which was the the first time since seeing it on release at the cinema.

It was bad back then, but time has certainly not been kind to it. Just awful from start to finish.

A film about Dr. Gediman trying to create a perfect Ripley clone, then creating and attempting to train the Xenos could have been good. Maybe have him talking to the failed clones in jars about how close he is to succeeding. End of the first act could be the perfect Ripley clone waking up. Keep Pinon and Perlman but get rid the rest of the crew of the Betty (and change the name of the ship). I'm not sure if I would want to keep the life support Ripley clone in but considering it's one of the best scenes in the flick it should probably stay in. Even if it also ended up a mess it would have at least been more interesting than A:R.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I’d love to see a prequel novel to Resurrection going into the formation of the cloning project, Gediman being a weirdo, the failed clones, etc.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
:eyepop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS6vdG03Rk0

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I can’t wait!

Only I don’t have Hulu.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
The release poster owns as well

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

pretty sick but i got a chuckle that the classic MOVIE TRAILER VOICE is too slow for current media so we have this weird new version

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I love ADi 90% of the time but I goddamn hate their predator faces and they won’t stop doing this!!!

The screaming is me.

I just prefer my predators open up like this

Less straight open

It’s a nitpick that bothers me okay

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

MLSM posted:

Isn't that just Reign of Fire?

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Nah, it's Skyscraper

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That’s a giant predator!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Accurate, as I never saw the movie at all

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

MLSM posted:

Doggo is like wtf man cmon

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Man, Prey is tearing it up in reviews. I'm honestly surprised and may have to check this thing out now

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

Saw Prey. It ruled.

The Predator just murdering up the food chain and harassing a bunch of animals was really good. Just the idea of a predator wrestling a bear lmao

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Yeah, Prey is tons of fun. Not as good as Predator 1 or 2, but still solid. Lead character is cool, and the predator design is great. I wish they spoke Comanche throughout, seeing as how they didn't bother to subtitle the French trappers speaking French. There being a Comanche dub is sweet though. Gonna do a rewatch with that on later today.

teagone fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Aug 5, 2022

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Yeah, Prey wasn't as good as Predator 1 or 2 and kind of torn on if it's better than Predators, but its extremely tight and fun and a nice watch.

Also, no Predator theme at all in this movie, which was surprising. Without the theme, it feels like the Predator could be anything, really, I realize. Especially since it looks pretty different.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Honestly for the immediate takes to just be "it's not as good as Predator 1 and 2" is a pretty wild endorsement from my point of view. Sounds like it's actually functioning as a part of the franchise instead of being.... something else

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Martman posted:

Honestly for the immediate takes to just be "it's not as good as Predator 1 and 2" is a pretty wild endorsement from my point of view. Sounds like it's actually functioning as a part of the franchise instead of being.... something else

It's definitely a nice little take on the franchise. It's kind of like a one shot comic if that makes any sense. It's really low key, which I liked.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I'd put it a little above Predators because we get to see the predator fight a big rear end bear lmao. The predator sort of feeling out the talent on the planet by moving up the food chain with each hunt was cool. First kill was the snake I think, then the wolf, then the bear. I wonder if there's some connection to Native American myth with each of those kills. That'd be neat.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Why isn't this on Disney+ right now? Am I off on my timezones?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

MrMojok posted:

It's on Hulu.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

teagone posted:

It's on Hulu.

They said it would also be on Disney+ !

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

teagone posted:

I'd put it a little above Predators because we get to see the predator fight a big rear end bear lmao. The predator sort of feeling out the talent on the planet by moving up the food chain with each hunt was cool. First kill was the snake I think, then the wolf, then the bear. I wonder if there's some connection to Native American myth with each of those kills. That'd be neat.

It cheated that fight. Had to be invisible to win it. This was honestly the worst Predator I've ever seen, especially since it's the first with a clear loss where people could just take its stuff. Also how did they get the gun to pass to Danny Glover, haha.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Darko posted:

It cheated that fight. Had to be invisible to win it. This was honestly the worst Predator I've ever seen, especially since it's the first with a clear loss where people could just take its stuff.

I think it's arguable that this predator handicapped itself on purpose. It had a very minimal loadout, and its laser guided shoulder canon wasn't fitted with the plasma blaster thing. It almost certainly had the option of bringing that along, because I don't believe in the idea that their species hadn't developed that weapon tech at the time. Not when they literally have access to interstellar travel.

[edit] Also, the cloak tech didn't really matter during the bear fight I think; the bear had the scent of the predator.

quote:

Also how did they get the gun to pass to Danny Glover, haha.

The illustrations during the end credits show the predator ships descending on Naru's tribe after she had claimed the predator kill and become the war chief.

teagone fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Aug 5, 2022

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

MrMojok posted:

It is in italy

https://www.disneyplus.com/it-it/movies/prey/5Y0VIrKjUDWm

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

teagone posted:

I think it's arguable that this predator handicapped itself on purpose. It had a very minimal loadout, and its laser guided shoulder canon wasn't fitted with the plasma blaster thing. It almost certainly had the option of bringing that along, because I don't believe in the idea that their species hadn't developed that weapon tech at the time. Not when they literally have access to interstellar travel.

[edit] Also, the cloak tech didn't really matter during the bear fight I think; the bear had the scent of the predator.

The illustrations during the end credits show the predator ships descending on Naru's tribe after she had claimed the predator kill and become the war chief.

Hulu shut off my credits, I'll have to watch them.

My general thing is if you're cloaked, your movements can't be seen so nothing can act appropriately towards you in a fight. It's always a "cheat."

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Darko posted:

My general thing is if you're cloaked, your movements can't be seen so nothing can act appropriately towards you in a fight. It's always a "cheat."

I'd agree with you, but the bear drew first blood even while the predator was still cloaked; its mouth was full of green blood. The only reason the predator was able the kill it is because it the bear walked away from the fight after taking a bite (lets assume the bear thought the predator's alien flesh tasted like poo poo lmao, that's why it "arrogantly" left the predator for dead).

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Cross-posting here, I know native americans participated in how this was done.

Does anyone know why they pronate their wrist this way when using the bow? It’s the opposite of how it feels natural to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Predator theme is in the film. It’s just subtle and it rules.