Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010
I've had to listen to my workplace idiot talk all day about this poo poo and how the feminists are to blame since Alex Jones is standing up for the children like a real man should.

Facebook, Twitter, amazon, Alex loving Jones, name a single thing in the last 20 years from the demon nation that hasn't been a scourge of humanity.

Burn it down and start again imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA

MLSM posted:

Nah its rotten to the core. Like bruh we never even achieved a modern public healthcare system here; you’d think covid would finally have made Americans think it would be a good idea but lol nope that would be Stalinism boys! Don’t tread on me!

I would appreciate your insights more more if you weren't the person who got probed multiple times for stanning North Korea.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Enough with the doom and bad posting or so help me

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

If that was the message those dudes wouldn't be glued to their speakers and organizing harassment campaigns against the FBI, they'd be yawning and changing the channel, it'd be worse for Infowars than the most punitive possible damages any court could hand down. There's no novelty there; half of Jones's target audience watches drone and body cam footage of feds killing kids for fun and the children of some Connecticut libs aren't meaningfully realer to them than the children of some Afghan randos.

The last few years have seen a number of Sandy Hook freaks outed and profiled and their motivations are pretty straightforward. These are not people who are invested in risking their own lives or comfort to fight the power, they're just bored sadists. The government is big and scary, and they know perfectly well if they gently caress with it it'll gently caress them back. But the parents of some murdered kids whose story reflected poorly on their gun collection have no power, any rear end in a top hat can just pass the time making those folks' lives hell as an evil little hobby. Dress that up as a cause, build a little community out of it where people can swap grieving moms' personal info and discuss how they'd like to torture them, now you've got a captive audience hot to buy your brain pills

Dang, that makes sense.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

This is loving stupid and you should feel embarrassed for posting trash like this from a known poo poo-peddler like Posobiec just because he namedropped Epstein. The full video is right there, freely available on Youtube, but I transcribed the whole exchange just for you.

Mark Bankston: "One of the things you've been talking about recently on your show, even within the past couple months, is your allegation that government officials are aiding in pedophilia, child trafficking, and the grooming of children, right?"
Alex Jones: "You mean like what Jeffery Epstein did, with the Clintons?"
MB: "Sure! If that's a yes. Is that a yes?"
AJ: "Uh, yes."
MB: "Okay. And, on Thursday, you and Infowars started connecting those allegations to our judge, didn't you?"
AJ: "No."
MB: "In fact, Mr. Jones, you're telling the world not to believe what happens in this courtroom because the judge worked with Child Protective Services — who you say is involved with pedophilia and child trafficking. Correct?"
AJ: "Not all of it, but it's... the Texas Youth Commission got caught doing it and a lot, there's been a lot of that here."
MB: "I'm not asking you that, Mr. Jones. I'm asking you: you were telling the world not to believe what's happening in this trial because THIS judge is involved with CPS, who is working with child traffickers and pedophilia. Correct?"
AJ: "No, that's not what I'm saying."
MB: "Okay. Your Honor, at this time, we would like to show a clip from Mr. Jones's show on Thursday where those words are said."

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Leisurly accusing an official of being a kiddyfiddler on camera coming around to bite you in the rear end in court?

preposterous!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

carrionman posted:

I've had to listen to my workplace idiot talk all day about this poo poo and how the feminists are to blame since Alex Jones is standing up for the children like a real man should.

Facebook, Twitter, amazon, Alex loving Jones, name a single thing in the last 20 years from the demon nation that hasn't been a scourge of humanity.

How is he standing up for the children. Didn't he say they didn't exist at all

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Aug 5, 2022

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Placing my bet on payout tomorrow.

I'm thinking it's gonna land around 8-12 million. 3 million at the minimum. 20 million at a blowout.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Placing my bet on payout tomorrow.

I'm thinking it's gonna land around 8-12 million. 3 million at the minimum. 20 million at a blowout.

Are you paying attention? It's capped.

quote:

Bill Ogden (/u/BilliamWogs here on reddit) has also been on Discord (billyOhhhhh#7059) a little after the verdict and answered some questions. I'll quote his posts in full below:

We tried as hard as we could. I wish so badly that we could’ve done better than $4.1m. You guys were an Amazing supporting cast, and we can’t thank you enough for everything you’ve done to help and support us.

As some of you have already posted, because of the award, our punitive cap is $750k

Cap is $750k. He was sanctioned $1.5m on top of the $4.1, and Reynal will likely be facing another sanctions order before this case concludes.

Once the jury is released, I can disclose the reason for the number. With that said, punitive damages must be unanimous.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
ah ok so it is 750k. was never sure if that was fully confirmed. drat.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Hey cheer up guys it's not so bad. We've still got months left to fantasize about all the trouble he could be in because of his phone before it comes to nothing.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Watch Alex get silenced now he is an actual threat to the establishment
Dead as Cawthorns political career

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

The Fattest PI posted:

Did you know they found child sexual abuse images on Alex Jones phone?

no, they didn't

that three-year-old clickbait has been posted here like a dozen times already

carrionman posted:

Death to America. Nothing good can come from the poisoned soil of your failed nation
:qqsay:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

The story there is that CP was found in the emails they did turn over for discovery.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
America is a rotten dying husk that should be put out of its misery. There will be no real justice for what AJ has done. He has enough supporters and money that he will never face any consequences for his actions. This is not doom posting. It is just the god's honest truth. By all means, enjoy the comedy of the trials over the next year or so, but don't pin your hopes on justice in the USA. It's owned by the rich.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
the man who suddenly knew way too much

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
I finally caught up. Will there be any additional news on the CT front prior to Monday? I understand that we get some more testimony tomorrow back in TX, but the most significant shoes have probably dropped already.

It's been a while since I made chili, I should workshop a recipe.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

“Alex Jones suffers mild inconvenience. Infowars carries on as normal, gaining more viewers.”

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Xakura posted:

Are you paying attention? It's capped.
Compensatory isn't capped, that's the one competent thing Jones' lawyer did trying to convince the jury that these compensatory damages shouldn't be much

Punitive damages are capped at 750k (possibly plus some multiplier of compensatory)

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
I'm just going to pretend that him claiming that anything above 2 million would "sink us" was true so I can continue to enjoy my day

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

teen witch posted:

Yeah the 300m/year number is something that’s just…hmm. There is no answer that helps me sleep at night, is there?

I think the positive takeaway is that the number (or whatever real number the professional bean counters land on) is the same regardless of who knows anything about it. The difference is that now that it is public information, it is also known to the lawyers representing plaintiffs in the two upcoming trials, plus whatever potential future trials spring from his perjury and whatever else is on the phone.

The number sucks and nothing may come of it because lol justice system, but it being public knowledge is objectively better than not knowing about it.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

PerilPastry posted:

I'm just going to pretend that him claiming that anything above 2 million would "sink us" was true so I can continue to enjoy my day

That’d be loving hilarious if somehow that’s the one accidentally truthful thing Jones has said. I doubt it, but holy moly what a twist.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I think the positive takeaway is that the number (or whatever real number the professional bean counters land on) is the same regardless of who knows anything about it. The difference is that now that it is public information, it is also known to the lawyers representing plaintiffs in the two upcoming trials, plus whatever potential future trials spring from his perjury and whatever else is on the phone.

The number sucks and nothing may come of it because lol justice system, but it being public knowledge is objectively better than not knowing about it.

True! there’s a lot about Alex Jones I now know now and I wish I knew nothing of this man ever.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Cross your fingers that whatever the final amount is, they try to make him pay up fast, before he can have another sale or call up his mysterious benefactor, because I bet he doesn’t have a lot of ready cash to pay the judgement with and having to liquidate some assets might at least inconvenience him

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

PerilPastry posted:

Doesn't matter, he's going to get more than the damages donated by buttcoin.

Unless he becomes so toxic he loses all backers and he can't grift at all this will likely just make him more money.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I wonder if he was clever enough that the "2mil will sink us" line was for his viewers rather than the jury.

But yeah he's gonna profit from this. "I hate asking folks, you know I do, but we're doing Gods work here and they're tryin' to shut us down. If we don't get $10 million in donations by the end of September we're gonna have to close up shop."

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Confusedslight posted:

I mean yeah, America does seem to suck pretty bad from the outside but there are probably some good things about it surely? I mean I couldn't name a single thing but I'm sure there must be something....

Edited: to clarify im not American

The Chicago style hotdog.

That's it, that's all they got.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

carrionman posted:

It is nice that your workplace employs the mentally ill i guess.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

wit posted:

It is nice that your workplace employs the mentally ill i guess.

Some people are just lovely, and the perk is, you don’t need to be a doctor to diagnose someone with chronic shittiness.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

pixaal posted:

Unless he becomes so toxic he loses all backers and he can't grift at all this will likely just make him more money.

Yeah this would be pretty much the best even slightly possible ending, that somehow with all the lawsuits and fallout from the phone stuff he loses a lot of support and just fades away, and everyone just forgets about him after a while. As popular as infowars is, there's been plenty of other right wing grifters who have lost favor for what ever reason and just been forgotten incredibly quickly.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Well even if this trial ended up with a wet fart, let's hope Alex Jones dies of aneurysm due to the indignation at being continuously dragged through courts for years to come.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
what's going to come of all the perjury? are we talking potential jail time here?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Ohtori Akio posted:

I finally caught up. Will there be any additional news on the CT front prior to Monday? I understand that we get some more testimony tomorrow back in TX, but the most significant shoes have probably dropped already.

It's been a while since I made chili, I should workshop a recipe.

Bankruptcy court hearing at 10am central to lift the stay and return the CT plaintiffs back there to trial.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

FFT posted:

Compensatory isn't capped, that's the one competent thing Jones' lawyer did trying to convince the jury that these compensatory damages shouldn't be much

Why are you telling me this, compensatory were already awarded, I''m fully aware.

FFT posted:

Punitive damages are capped at 750k (possibly plus some multiplier of compensatory)

Multiplier is only for economic damages, the damages awared were non-economic. Alex Jones will only get 0-750k in punitive damages.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

Tree Dude posted:

4.1 million + punitive damages (trial starts tomorrow same court and jury) + sanctions + CT case he also already lost + fallout from phone

+ L + ratio

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

teen witch posted:

I’ve never once been stung by one, or a bee in general. Never broke a bone either. I was a big “chapter books and video games” indoor kid

When i was probably 10 years old or so I remeber picking up a can of coke I had and as I drank it a bee flew into my mouth from the can and stung the inside of my mouth.

2013ish I fractured my leg by jumping and landing on the side of my foot as I played badminton in a friend's backyard.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

PerilPastry posted:

what's going to come of all the perjury? are we talking potential jail time here?

I wouldn't get my hopes up; I think he absolutely could face jail time, because he lied in his deposition and the opposing counsel produced evidence that his statements were categorically untrue, but according to law people perjury is almost never pursued.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Everyone is missing the big upcoming thing: when the contents of the phone are inevitably leaked to the public and we all get to explore it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Arrhythmia posted:

Everyone is missing the big upcoming thing: when the contents of the phone are inevitably leaked to the public and we all get to explore it.

Considering who is on there, I will not be surprised if they attempt to make possession of it illegal. I mean this is the internet and the law never bothered catching up so there's no real way they could stop it but they will try!

Oh god this is actually the event that causes the great US firewall and we make a new internet and run a completely new network to get around this because legally it isn't the internet!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
pre-emptive shout out to whatever congressional intern gets hold of it and immediately shares it with the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Be wild if he turns out to be a regular listener of Knowledge Fight.