Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

commando in tophat posted:

I haven't read the commando's rambling about living his life in video game city, but surely everything is possible when they managed to make NPCs talk while eating. I mean, we are approaching sims1 here already, and it has only been 10 years (in the talking while eating department, they wish they had NPCs on the level of sims1, lol)

:same:

But I also play Skyrim and just stop at that first town indefinitely. I don't really need anything else and the rest of the game is just extra fluff. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

quote:

I think that this is the problem.... disconnecting the prep and shopping or anything else which might be frustrating from the idea of being "playing the game...."

It is ALL playing the game, actually..... taking an elevator is playing the game, waiting for the subway to come and stop is playing the game, taking a drink at a bar is playing the game... not just making aUECs or killing whatever that moves....

That is at least as I see it.

I mean, in our real life, everything is "playing the game"..... whether we need to go to the restroom, wait an hour for a Bus to come or stay in a line for some service or whatever....

People should start considering everything that they do in Star Citizen, regardless what it might be, as "playing the game" and not just restrict the concept of playing the game to only what they enjoy doing the most.... after all, in real life, how many things we need to do that we do not enjoy and, yet, they are still part of one's own life and, thus, fully part of "playing the game" of life ?

It has always been clear and well known....

" I don't want to build a game.
I want to build a universe. "

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

they really should just remove all the NPCs idg what they add aside from a horror aspect of being surrounded by remnant ai who've lost connection to the hive

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
because Chris said he wants at least 10:1 ratio of NPC to PCs and also they will soon be indistinguishable from actual PCs once icache server meshing PES is complete

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Looking forward to the npc life cycle where every killed npc has to slowly be replaced with one grown from npc childhood.

I bet you can even tailor the npc to hate certain people as they grow up too, so you can beat up an npc throughout school and say "and let that be a lesson to you, or my name isn't WilliamShatner42Towel!"

Eventually that npc will mature and be a killing machine, destined to raise an entire npc horde all hell bent on getting WilliamShatner42Towel.

And you can just tap your fingers together on the bridge of your space yacht and laugh as the NPCs bend to your genius and kill your enemies.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Thank you CIG posted:

Hello CIG & Team,

I just wanted to take some time and say this platform is really wonderful, despite their being a few bugs, and it's still in development I just cannot help and appreciate the beauty of this. I work as a Solids control technician for drilling rigs, and sometimes I am gone for weeks at a time on the drilling rig performing a variety of stressful task, it is wonderful to come home after some months, and experience this.

1. being able to sit at a bar, or a restaurant and eat food, and drink
2. being able to open up my cargo bay, while hovering in midair, sit down and enjoy the planet
3. The Ships, and the Vehicles I can use (The Centurion, A2, Etc.)
4. New Babbage itself is amazing, walking into center mass and looking at the ship weapon's that are bigger than my body lol
5. Being able to bed log at night, go to work and not come back for weeks, and login in the same position I was in when I bed logged

These are just a few things that I truly appreciate, I know I left a few things out because there is so much but thank you
I will continue to invest my money into new ships, weapons, etc. whatever the platform needs Looking forward to seeing new ships on the website :slightly_smiling_face:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Thanks cig.

I appreciate your game where I am by day a struggling software project lady often depressed with scheduling and pushing people to meet deadlines and requirements... a world very alien to you I know.

But I'm glad that at the end of the day I can load into star citizen and look at things.

And sometimes look at different things.

Then I can save my game and usually load it again and be at the place I saved it.

This is some incredible stuff here guys and girls. It really makes me appreciate all the hard work you do day in and day out.

Much love. <3

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Back in my Amiga days, there was an april fools prank by a games mag that always stuck in my mind when I think about SC... Cyber Assault 556

https://amiga.lychesis.net/knowledge/CyberAssault556.html

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/wa9QlCr.mp4

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Bar Citizen: taking a drink at a bar is playing the game

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

FishMcCool posted:

I prefer to spend my gaming time by "waiting for the subway to come and stop"

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

FishMcCool posted:

I feel sorry for the real life bar tenders at the Bar Citizen events due to the citizens telling them they are doing it wrong.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

commando in tophat posted:

I prefer to spend my gaming time by "waiting for the subway to come and stop"

Remember the Freeport to Kaladim boat in Everquest?

Twenty minutes wait for the boat. Board the boat. Twenty minute+ boat ride across three loading screens. Arrive to location.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
it seems they want to add kart racing to SC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6eYaIBuPKc

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taA9h_A-2mY

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Aug 5, 2022

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Dwesa posted:

Somewhere in the dark depths of spectrum, some citizen is going "actually, this is a test-bed for carts being means of transportation on javelin, and also this will open whole city planet for exploration, once the server mashing kicks in, you will all see"

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Dwesa posted:

Jesus christ

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
welp, my mind's blown

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Kesper North posted:

welp, my mind's blown

LOOK AT ALL THAT EFFORT.

GAZE UPON THEIR WORK, IN DESPAIR!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
this really is just a series of intern projects isn't it

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
Looking forward to the Mario Golf update.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Dwesa posted:

Hahahaaahahah

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Hahahaahahaa

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Hahaha

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Hahahaahaahhahaahaaa

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

/Kosumo is dead.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018
They have gotta be trolling on purpose now right?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Holy gently caress. No you don’t get the game you paid for, no Arena Commado will not be fixed, neither will Star Marine and don’t even think about asking about THEATRES OF WAR. Have a lovely, laggy driving game instead.

Ahahahhahahahahahaha. That is like a punch in the face.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I assume a critical story scene in Squadron 42 will occur during a go-kart race

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

bandaid.friend posted:

I assume a critical story scene in Squadron 42 will occur during a go-kart race

High-adrenaline final race for the season trophy between Pusher and Commando Falcon, and you, as the player, have the red shell...

Blackstone
Feb 13, 2012

The Murray Cup was always meant to be a go-cart event.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Hizawk posted:

Remember the Freeport to Kaladim boat in Everquest?

Twenty minutes wait for the boat. Board the boat. Twenty minute+ boat ride across three loading screens. Arrive to location.

Ah, but I bet you felt very immersed in the fidelity of the travel experience. I suspect many people were clamouring for the ship journey to be extended to multiple hours so that they could properly enjoy it.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Oh.. oh my goodness. Oh wow.

I mean... huh! :thunkher:

This is literally the epitome of directionless teams, inventing busy work for themselves it seems.

Is nobody at the helm of anything at all, and things that are made and happen to blend into the rest of the game literally dumb luck?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Kesper North posted:

this really is just a series of intern projects isn't it

Yep.

It looks like people are just making whatever they want, and it's thrown into the big space game. It's like an amalgamation of student projects. It's so crazy.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Can't wait for the flappy bird mini game somewhere in there.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

jesus loving christ

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
Well, a lot of our developers like speed... and people like speed you know, they like going fast.

So here is a sub-5fps module that nobody asked for, because we can't make the loving game.

No refunds.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
They do not only have the best cars, they also have the best AI https://reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/wgs3fi/fastest_bunker_run_031236_will_try_to_wear_a/

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

:lol: that kart racing looks like total dogshit. Sterile, boring, slow, and pointless; completely on brand.

Dwesa posted:

also some insane dreams.txt from :reddit:

I feel like this game doesn't focus enough on the major advantage it has on all other space sims...cities. Where are the goals for metropolitan living? What if we really could make ArcCorp home? What if, there was enough on ArcCorp that leaving was just for fun?
A gigantic post about :airquote: "Metropolitan living" :airquote: and not a single mention of opera? 2/10, see me after class commando!

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

I'd bet my Idris that some bored staff were racing lovely golf carts on the test build to relieve boredom....then were visited by the Dread Crobbler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
I just found that Wikipedia has a list of highest-funded crowdfunding projects.

The top four is three blockchain things and one video game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-funded_crowdfunding_projects