Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Quite a large amount of the heresy space wolf range feels like it was left to the interns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Eediot Jedi posted:

I keep feeling like I've seen this helmet before, like on a very old SW special character, but the closest I could find is old Ulfric the Slayer's double-dog headed back pack.

It's a 2nd edition sergeant with the wolf mask. And because it was unique it was badass. Not even a special character, just a sergeant.

But seeing them in such quantities is terrible, and the one on the sergeant looked much better. Let me get a photo of a painted one.

Edit:
Scanned it from the 2nd ed Rulebook! I'm sorry he is labeled as a captain here not a sergeant.

with a rebel yell she QQd fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Aug 5, 2022

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

WHO LET THE DOGS OUT????

(Russ, Russ Russ, Russ)

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

SkyeAuroline posted:

imo the wolf helmets would be great as a third party bit, but the combo of the glacial release rate for HH (meaning this is all we get this week even announced) and that this is taking up a production slot and prevents SW from getting a more viking style kit any time soon... it's definitely amplifying the negative response.

Hahaha glacial. Wtf are you on about.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

SkyeAuroline posted:

but the combo of the glacial release rate for HH (meaning this is all we get this week even announced)

What

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

Edit:
Scanned it from the 2nd ed Rulebook! I'm sorry he is labeled as a captain here not a sergeant.

Thanks. I dunno why I love 2nd edition minis so much. Probably lead poisoning.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

SkyeAuroline posted:

glacial release rate for HH (meaning this is all we get this week even announced)

BLESS YOU

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Good silhouettes and very easy to read paint jobs.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Between the War Hounds, Luna Wolves, and Space Wolves, at least 15% of the founding legions had a canine-themed phase.

I'd like to know what the other Legions are hiding.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

ijyt posted:

Hahaha glacial. Wtf are you on about.

You're welcome to show me where kits such as "plastic despoilers and assault squads, the basic troops for BA, WE, NL, and every other CC focused legion" have been released or even announced.

Or where plastic autocannons and volkite culverins have been released. (I'd lump in lascannons and plasma cannons too, but people who aren't rivet counters can just use the Devastator ones.)

Or where the other half of the Leviathan has been released.

Or where the standalone Contemptor has been released, especially since we have several of its sprues already.

But no, the best GW can do is announce "hey, here's your upgrade kits for specific legions that we're going to discontinue again in a couple years like usual, so really this is just fodder for the recasters. Don't worry that plenty of your options are prohibitively expensive or entirely unavailable despite being core to most army lists, we're not going to give any sort of road map for when you can expect to build the core of your army or even finish your box set." They've had years to prepare for this launch, even just "this is a general road map, individual items may be a week or two off but this is roughly when to expect core units to make the jump to plastic" would work wonders for community goodwill.

I don't expect GW to keep up "give us a new full plastic kit every week for a year" or some poo poo, that's absurd. The actual number of kits being released ongoing is reasonable, they're just mostly kits few people want (the Leviathan and special weapons being the obvious exceptions) while we're still missing kits most players need. Just to have the absolute basics they've had 10+ years to design and order a mold for ready to go for their grand launch, so a quarter to half of the legions (depending on how you break things down) aren't missing their cores. (Then again, seeing as they can't keep stock of much of anything on the web store either, who knows how much it would help.)

SkyeAuroline fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Aug 5, 2022

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

New armor in the World of HorusHeresyCraft.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
I've noticed ever since getting into Warhammer that GW announces things and then doesn't launch them for months. Like what's even the point? I just want to finish kitting out my Iron Warriors.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

SkyeAuroline posted:

Just to have the absolute basics they've had 10+ years to design and order a mold for ready to go for their grand launch, so a quarter to half of the legions (depending on how you break things down) aren't missing their cores.

You uh, came in on 2e didn't you?

Compared to its 1e treatment, this is an absolute storm of releases.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
It used to be much much much worse. Forgeowrld used to go six months without any announcements for Heresy miniatures. The last several years, prior to the new edition news, were pretty difficult for pure-Heresy players, who don't play 40k or AoS.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

moths posted:

You uh, came in on 2e didn't you?

Compared to its 1e treatment, this is an absolute storm of releases.

I sold off my Alpha Legion in ~2017 and have been out since then, until 2.0. Releases were slow at the time, too, but the basic kits at least existed.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Book 7 Inferno took three hundred years to come out. Getting all the legions at launch, plus free DLC was an entirely unexpected treat.

We still have to wait for SAux, Talons, and Mechanicum but if any of them happen before 2024 we're still doing fantastic.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

JBP posted:

What does a beaky historically accurate Viking helmet look like anyway

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
This is the most frantic release cadence 30k has ever had. They've never previewed stuff weekly for this long. They've never dropped as much as they did on the open day. We have gone _an actual year_ with total radio silence before.

I don't personally think this'll last so I think for the sake of your blood pressure you may want to get back out. :shobon:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

This is not a mark 6 space marine helmet.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

I’m glacially getting angry right now

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Glacially slapping my keyboard

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Hixson, please. Your choler.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

My choler is glacially rising

moths
Aug 25, 2004

[Sympathetic wet leopard noises]

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

SkyeAuroline posted:

You're welcome to show me where kits such as "plastic despoilers and assault squads, the basic troops for BA, WE, NL, and every other CC focused legion" have been released or even announced.

Or where plastic autocannons and volkite culverins have been released. (I'd lump in lascannons and plasma cannons too, but people who aren't rivet counters can just use the Devastator ones.)

Or where the other half of the Leviathan has been released.

Or where the standalone Contemptor has been released, especially since we have several of its sprues already.

But no, the best GW can do is announce "hey, here's your upgrade kits for specific legions that we're going to discontinue again in a couple years like usual, so really this is just fodder for the recasters. Don't worry that plenty of your options are prohibitively expensive or entirely unavailable despite being core to most army lists, we're not going to give any sort of road map for when you can expect to build the core of your army or even finish your box set." They've had years to prepare for this launch, even just "this is a general road map, individual items may be a week or two off but this is roughly when to expect core units to make the jump to plastic" would work wonders for community goodwill.

I don't expect GW to keep up "give us a new full plastic kit every week for a year" or some poo poo, that's absurd. The actual number of kits being released ongoing is reasonable, they're just mostly kits few people want (the Leviathan and special weapons being the obvious exceptions) while we're still missing kits most players need. Just to have the absolute basics they've had 10+ years to design and order a mold for ready to go for their grand launch, so a quarter to half of the legions (depending on how you break things down) aren't missing their cores. (Then again, seeing as they can't keep stock of much of anything on the web store either, who knows how much it would help.)

lol

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Every time I look at the dog heads it gets worse. The little ear grills, the whisker stubble holes, the little boopy nose on the end of the snout. What were they thinking? :woof:

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

I want to grab a set and do Anubis Marines for Thousand Sons.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Anyone got pics of good space wolf conversions or kitbashes as a cleanser

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Ristolaz posted:

Anyone got pics of good space wolf conversions or kitbashes as a cleanser

https://twitter.com/themanufactorum/status/1555215492062875648

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
The Wolf Wolfers

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Sure

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
I’m gonna convert some Fulmetarus Terminators with those heads, then use them in a ZM game with ceilings.

:getin:

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
It's me, I'm the guy who loves those doggy heads.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
awu

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
I think there's a space for synthesis between "this is the best release HH had in years" and "there is some stuff missing in here"

The dog helmets are, well dogshit. Somehow the rest of MKVI kits have been more restrained - even the SoH ones have fewer coneheads.

Incidentally, RG are probably getting this as a repack: https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Raven-Guard-MKVI-Heads-Upgrade-Set

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Lucinice posted:

I've noticed ever since getting into Warhammer that GW announces things and then doesn't launch them for months. Like what's even the point? I just want to finish kitting out my Iron Warriors.

these days the point is just to beat the leakers

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

New armor in the World of HorusHeresyCraft.

I like the wolfhead shoulders

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
the space yiffs deserve their furry helms tbh

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
nice space skaven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009