Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

For your birthday, we got you the blackest, most brutal gift of all...

Shoehead posted:

NOTHINNNNNNNNNNNGGG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

lol subjective destitution is one of the most important things to deal with in life

So here is the void of non-meaning which is the fundamental source of anguish of our condition! What do you do about it? Are you going down in defeat like a nihilist weakling? Or do you rise to become what you are and realize a much greater meaning than otherwise possible? -- allison's glorious dumbass part of the brain in self-analysis

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

dead gay comedy forums posted:

lol subjective destitution is one of the most important things to deal with in life

So here is the void of non-meaning which is the fundamental source of anguish of our condition! What do you do about it? Are you going down in defeat like a nihilist weakling? Or do you rise to become what you are and realize a much greater meaning than otherwise possible? -- allison's glorious dumbass part of the brain in self-analysis

Cheers

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

perfect

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

yeah yeah existential dread and all that, i wanna know what's in the small soup

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

rannum posted:

it's in the name. small.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Multiverse is fake, so what

It's time for some butter rolls!

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Lights posted:

For your breakfast, we got you the blackest, most brutal meal of all...

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Actually if she really did get enough from looking and doesn't crumple she probably knows a lot of cool rear end magic now right?

Like Jadis could probably have pulled some poo poo if she sucked it up and just turned jagganoth into an invincible frog or just teleported him sans nails.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
allison is now dead, say hello to the new Allison paperweights. Buy the matching set with the Jadis model today!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

thechosenone posted:

Actually if she really did get enough from looking and doesn't crumple she probably knows a lot of cool rear end magic now right?

Like Jadis could probably have pulled some poo poo if she sucked it up and just turned jagganoth into an invincible frog or just teleported him sans nails.

Probably. But internalizing :matters: as completely as Jadis did gets in the way of doing any crazy wizard poo poo other than what she already knows she's going to do.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
This prim story sounds very promising

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

Pffft, who cares about Allison? We're getting a Prim story!

e. If I wanted to make this comment first, I should have posted immediately and with every last ounce of my strength.

Precambrian fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Aug 5, 2022

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

But why would a nihilist join a defensive pact against the Jaggahog? Why would she even bother ruling over 1/7th of creation?

For the first time ever I think a professed nihilist is not actually true to their convictions, nay I say, nay!

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

thechosenone posted:

But is knowing the same as being able to do it? Like, does seeing the universe act similarly to learning a skill?

Idk why im pondering this its probably not even gonna come up but my chimp brain likes pondering pointless stuff.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

prim needs a twitter account, to pass the time

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Possessing a Twitter account is the opposite of Royalty.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Kalli posted:

But why would a nihilist join a defensive pact against the Jaggahog? Why would she even bother ruling over 1/7th of creation?

For the first time ever I think a professed nihilist is not actually true to their convictions, nay I say, nay!

Because she saw herself agreeing to the defensive pact so she agrees to the defensive pact.

Jadis has no agency. She follows the script.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Why wouldn't I trust the chemicals in my brain? I mean besides my crippling mental illnesses

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
my chemicals say smoke more weed, they seem to be my friends

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

World Famous W posted:

my chemicals say smoke more weed, they seem to be my friends

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

There is a giant Wheel there. And evil apes. And the evil apes are dukin' it out on the Wheel. You're one of them. It's basically all just evil apes dukin' it out on a giant Wheel.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
After experiencing the great nihility of existence, that breakfast sounds really good.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
i still feel like Jadis's upbeat attitude is the right approach to take here. if we realized ourselves sisyphus it would still be our obligation to imagine ourselves happy.

you've got, accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, latch on to the affirmative and don't wait for mr inbetween

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

thechosenone posted:

Jadis read the script of all existence and in that script she didn't turn Jagganoth into an invincible frog, so she didn't.

She saw all of creation and her sense of self died, she's just following the motions that have been laid out for her. Allison's too much of a dumbass to stick to the script.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

rannum posted:

Well currently we know that one ingredient of everything in front of Alison is Alison's barf

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Yeah, just because nothing matters and all of existence is a meaningless struggle amounting to nothingness is no reason to get all mopey about it. That's a true life lesson from the comic you can use in your every day life!

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
So if Allison does go off script, will Jadis not notice because she only lives in the altered state of the universe, or will she then realize she doesn't have to do anything and then go crazy witch?

Because I could totally see that being a great fireworks factory all by itself, being a way for Abbadon to shove some cool magic effects he may have wanted to draw but couldn't come up with a reason to bring into the story.

She could also just peace out to act as a lovely god in short stories.

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013
Okay but is that breakfast selection even appropriate for someone who was in a coma?

It feels like a taunt, look at all this delicious food you won't get to eat because you are having the mother of all existential crises and also it wouldn't be good for your tummy anyway!

Except it isn't a taunt exactly because that was always going to be what Jadis had her servants prepare and plate anyway.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Nothing! Just like nothing beats a hearty breakfast after witnessing the true face of infinity.

Good things ahead for Prim, I assume and hope.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB7mHxdHlRY

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

:perfect:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Say what you will about Jadis, that looks like a really good breakfast.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
"I'm glad you understand" just sounds so cheerful. I love it

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

Say what you will about Jadis, that looks like a really good breakfast.

I take back what I said about Jadis, she's an okay host. That does look like a pretty good breakfast. It could even be worth having your mind scoured by seeing the true shape of all creation. 7/10 Hospitality

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
"I'll show you the TRUE shape of the universe."
"That's good."
"The shape of the universe is cursed."
"That's bad."
"But you get a free breakfast."
"That's good."
"The breakfast is also cursed."
"That's bad."

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

EAT SIX BILLION HASHBROWNS