Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Like the whole Stars and Stripes diversion was a huge waste of time with no benefit. It's just incredibly weird how he's trying to speedrush to the ending and finish the series while still hitting every plot beat he wanted to include at some time.

It's such a waste of a good series and really went down a bad path the moment Shigaraki got into that machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I swear if Shiggy gets a tobi levels of redemption this manga can gently caress off.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

This is why you don't listen to those people that complain about plot armor or whatever. A major character is going to die and it feels so empty.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Electric Phantasm posted:

This is why you don't listen to those people that complain about plot armor or whatever. A major character is going to die and it feels so empty.

Good news!

Even if he doesn't die due to Eri or whatever, it will still be empty!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
This fight feels like a slog. Its Madara levels of boring. it wont even be that great when afo is a stain on the wall . Constantly having the villain go NUH HUH I CANT BE BEAT is loving grating.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

either he does or he gets rezzed for yet another pointless cliffhanger. it’s a no-win scenario

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

The funny thing is I bet this is popular in Japan. They always seem to have the opposite opinion to this thread somehow.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Like goddamn Hiro you really pushed the wait for Goku button on this series and it sucks. I cant wait to see how he spins how Deku has to save him.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Nephthys posted:

The funny thing is I bet this is popular in Japan. They always seem to have the opposite opinion to this thread somehow.

i have to assume this nanny-nanny-boo-boo nonsense appeals to someone because seemingly 90% of shounen authors fall back on it when they’ve run out of ideas

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Bakugo has won the Japanese Popularity Poll every year except the first one. I'm not sure they will like it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

It’s amazing that despite how drawn out the final battle was Vigilantes was still overall a better manga than the main one is turning out to be (also please give us an anime adaption even if it has to go somewhere else besides the channel MHA is on)

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I’m not even the biggest Bakugo fan but this is butt

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Waiting For Goku sucked when dragon ball z did it as well.

In fact the only show that's ever done that well is one punch man.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I don't actually remember because I'm completely tuned out but basically Eraser is shutting down all of Shigaraki's power and ALL he has left is the magical ability to create huge amounts of super-strong super-durable human mass around himself right? Which DEFINITELY SOMEHOW isn't a quirk? This is what the entire fight is happening around?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Pierson posted:

I don't actually remember because I'm completely tuned out but basically Eraser is shutting down all of Shigaraki's power and ALL he has left is the magical ability to create huge amounts of super-strong super-durable human mass around himself right? Which DEFINITELY SOMEHOW isn't a quirk? This is what the entire fight is happening around?

Yeah it's dumb as hell and it's the result of giving Shigaraki a million quirks and then having to erase them all to make him not instant win but then oops of he's just a regular guy he's going to get instantly defeated by everyone so...

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Pierson posted:

Yes! The whole fight is essentially based around “this superpower is not actually a quirk, because ?????” on account of Horikoshi either being unable or unwilling to either kill off eraser or meaningfully nerf shigaraki, both of which being things that were clearly set up and then hastily abandoned.

Oxxidation posted:

i have to assume this nanny-nanny-boo-boo nonsense appeals to someone because seemingly 90% of shounen authors fall back on it when they’ve run out of ideas

I think its instructive to remember at moments like this that jumps primary demographics in the home market are bored salarymen on the train too dead inside to appreciate writing, and literal children.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Pierson posted:

This fight is happening around Shiggy/AFO's sheer capacity to scream NUH-UH to everything anyone else does on the at all times, and the playground monitor has completely checked out for a smoke break and he just keeps getting louder.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Like I gotta ask, at this point, what does a deku-shigaraki fight even look like

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

What is even going on in half these panels

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Like I gotta ask, at this point, what does a deku-shigaraki fight even look like

Deku reveals the second’s quirk of “look ma, no hands”

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Is that an All-Might OFA quirk ghost? How is Bakugou talking to him? Is the movie were he gets OFA for five minutes canon??? Is that future-Deku narrating how Bakugou is blowing hinself up internally?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

bobjr posted:

Deku reveals the second’s quirk of “look ma, no hands”

at this point I actually logistically do not see how this fight would even happen unless the second’s quirk is, like, Gold Experience Requiem or something similarly insane

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Deku will punch him and it will work then because reasons

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I skimmed through the last few chapters after dropping this series for a few months? Years? And it's a shame that this series that started with such a cute and fun premise (and such endearing designs!) turned into whatever this is.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Libra posted:

I skimmed through the last few chapters after dropping this series for a few months? Years? And it's a shame that this series that started with such a cute and fun premise (and such endearing designs!) turned into whatever this is.

The name of this series is My Hero Academia. As in, My Education on Being a Hero. A fun school thing! And now it's just...whatever this is.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Tonfa posted:

Madara at least sometimes managed a "gently caress, man, that was pretty close" when a side character failed to beat him. I kind of love these series that make Naruto look better in retrospect.

Ehhhh let's not rewrite that. He sucked just as much.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
and midoriya is out there with toga while all this is going down. trying to go back to the villain whose main power is "knife" after all this is going to be incredibly jarring

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Oxxidation posted:

and midoriya is out there with toga while all this is going down. trying to go back to the villain whose main power is "knife" after all this is going to be incredibly jarring

Nah Deku left already, he's flying towards the Saiya—I mean Shiggy right now. Uraraka's with Toga, and Asui I think.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

It feels almost like Tails Gets Trolled when the cute and silly characters from the early chapters show up now. I can't wait to see Wash get torn limb from limb.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Libra posted:

It feels almost like Tails Gets Trolled when the cute and silly characters from the early chapters show up now.

Man, is Rob vs Hindo even over yet? Seems like Lazer completely forgot about it as he was writing the Weed Party and Coyote vs Demaro.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
We could use the guy without ears right about now

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

LOL.

LMAO.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Libra posted:

It feels almost like Tails Gets Trolled when the cute and silly characters from the early chapters show up now. I can't wait to see Wash get torn limb from limb.

Why is this such a good comparison right now woof

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Nephthys posted:

The fujoshi are going to eat Hori alive

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

lmao

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Nephthys posted:

Last I heard the manga was selling great still.

It's going to be funny if the next chapter cuts away from dead Bakugou to check up on how the other students are doing.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Vinylshadow posted:

The fujoshi are going to eat Hori alive

This is all his revenge for them loving over his cool summer camp arc.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

If there is one thing I know for sure it is that dramatic 'this character is doomed' scenes in shonen are always what they appear, especially in cliffhangers.

In unrelated news I can't believe the invisible girl was the traitor all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

If there is one thing I know for sure it is that dramatic 'this character is doomed' scenes in shonen are always what they appear, especially in cliffhangers.

In unrelated news I can't believe the invisible girl was the traitor all along.

answer honestly, do you think that's why people are nonplussed with this update