Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
McLaren fielding a surprise second team would be quite a silly season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

McLaren and McLarem, the additional arch is hand drawn on all the merch

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Sounds like if it does happen like that Ricciardo is going to get paid basically twice for a year which is probably worth his while to do it.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Red Warrior posted:

Sounds like if it does happen like that Ricciardo is going to get paid basically twice for a year which is probably worth his while to do it.

I'm sure he's crying all the way to the bank. Sucks he won't be a papaya any more, but perhaps he'll do better in Alpine where the car is more to his driving style. We are also going to need an updated gang tag.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The gang tag gets updated on the next double podium :colbert:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

It'd be funny if similar to last year Dan gels with the car very well after the break and gets some podiums but is still binned.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i’m sure dan will have a very nice time at williams next year

Cataffy
Aug 12, 2008
I can't figure Daniel's resistance to moving to Indycar. The man loves America more than anything, has no kids complicating a move (AFAIK he already has a house in LA). And he'd probably stack up very well against the talent there.

I know he's said he doesn't want to do ovals, but freaking Grosjean of all people has showed that you can do well on ovals (short ones anyway) with relatively little experience. Given Daniel's fame and charisma he'd be a massive star in Indycar.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Declan MacManus posted:

zhou guanyu looks like a model from the right angles js

I think a lot of drivers are in the tier just below the top, waiting to break through, bc f1 drivers are a handsome lot. Zhou is attractive and fashionable, but he needs more confidence, his rookie year is just too early to hit top tier himbo status.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Cimber posted:

I'm sure he's crying all the way to the bank. Sucks he won't be a papaya any more, but perhaps he'll do better in Alpine where the car is more to his driving style. We are also going to need an updated gang tag.

He’s poo poo op. He doesn’t deserve to be a papaya. gently caress ‘em.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
Pls stop bullying my best friend Danny ricciardo who is good and honest and a kind person

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

the paradigm shift posted:

finally, proper american influence excess

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Daniel Nocardo

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Dan won the only F1 race I’ve seen in person so he’s a good lad who meant well. RIP.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Anyway will someone take Zak Brown's phone away now so he doesn't sign anyone else?

Does he have obsessive compulsive deal making disorder?

Is he even aware? Does he wake up in the morning and look at signed paperwork in front of him and sob 'oh no not again?!'?

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

https://youtu.be/Gp76C2mgAkI

Shes Not Impressed fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Aug 5, 2022

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

quote:

Piastri's deal with McLaren was said to have been finalised on the evening of July 30, before Fernando Alonso's move to Aston Martin was confirmed on August 1.

That's good stuff

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Lol Alpine getting two drivers yanked out from under their noses in less than 24 hours.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Zak Brown is a brutal businessman

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Nothing could make any of this better than Piastri binning it on the first turn next year.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Thanks Ants posted:

What's kind of mad is that Lewis had only won 4 races by this point last season and still managed to take the championship to the final race by consistently getting good points in most of the races he didn't win, which is almost the complete opposite of how Charles's campaign is going.

I do believe The Great Keke Rosberg won his WDC without actually winning a race. A blessed family indeed.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I do believe The Great Keke Rosberg won his WDC without actually winning a race. A blessed family indeed.

Everyone keeps saying this but it just isn't true

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
https://twitter.com/sergiorf97/status/1555537586147450880

lmao

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
scoops kravitz strikes again

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Cimber posted:

I'm sure he's crying all the way to the bank.

Daniel Richcardude

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

loving toto diving in from the top rope

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lmao lmao at everything.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
Heck, why wait for Lewis to retire? I think Mercedes should have George Russell take a break for a year and have one season where Alonso and Lewis are driving on the same team - can you imagine the sheer power of two world champions in such an incredible car, driving and working together?

Mercedes would be unstoppable!

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Take your summer drama here's my break mood
https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/status/1555561663125983232?t=x2BXEZZ_rmi4_OgRcGvS6A&s=19

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Coca Koala posted:

Heck, why wait for Lewis to retire? I think Mercedes should have George Russell take a break for a year and have one season where Alonso and Lewis are driving on the same team - can you imagine the sheer power of two world champions in such an incredible car, driving and working together?

Mercedes would be unstoppable!

Put Max in the Merc, Alonso in the RB and Danny Ric in the bin.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclaren-end-ricciardo-deal-piastri-2023/10349014/

ricciardo is gone

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp76C2mgAkI

the squeezed aspect ratio on george is lol

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

:sickos:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

These teams have too much many. I’m guessing Ricciardo’s severance fee doesn’t cut into the budget cap?

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Here lies Danny ric he was a good lad who meant well.

But didn't drive well.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Ethiser posted:

Nothing could make any of this better than Piastri binning it on the first turn next year.

ZetaZaku.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Charles Leclerc posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp76C2mgAkI

the squeezed aspect ratio on george is lol

the first funny video of this dude

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Are the people in charge when Dan was at Renault still there?

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
The top guys yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

:lmao:

Good luck to their Dan