Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TRUMO 2024 Greatest Hits Prediction
This poll is closed.
Rolling Stones still on the rally playlist despite 5 more cease n desists 144 17.08%
insanely transphobic rapist billionaire on speed leads nuremburg rallies 214 25.39%
literally he beats his wife lol where's melania?? 114 13.52%
goku 219 25.98%
Trump 152 18.03%
Total: 498 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Haha, he could "fry" for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
its fry-day!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I wonder why no one wants to work in the service industries anymore.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
goku

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Isn't he still covid positive

enabled veteran
Feb 10, 2021

I think that American presidents, that position in itself, as well as American foreign policy, it has terrorism in it. CIA agents going to overthrow certain governments - they're using terrorist tactics. They're not going in there like, 'Hey, you wanna have some cake?'

thought it was 4.1 million? explain law

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Man i could go for some fries rn

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Nichael posted:

it's hard to keep up with trump thread, covid thread, succ zone, nightmare economy thread, etc. I'm sorry, I know how much I mean to you.

hello. northeast isn't bad but delaware is very bad.

Delaware really helps explain the whole "flatlander" stigma.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/TomFornelli/status/1555558063603605505?t=ha6apYF2lJQ06VYZbzmV8g&s=19

gregday
May 23, 2003

enabled veteran posted:

that was compensatory damages.

Apr 7, 2003

enabled veteran posted:

Sorry, the thread's resident law guy fell into a sinkhole and won't be answering questions

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Sorry, the thread's resident law guy fell into a sinkhole and won't be answering questions

"wont B answering questions" was right there

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Covid is over/boring/don't worry about it jack

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Yes

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Korean Boomhauer posted:

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

enabled veteran posted:

compensatory damages and punitive damages are seperate. one covers the harm and suffering of the plaintiffs, the other is the pound of flesh

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!
Maybe President Disease Factory should just lay low for a while you know

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

dong twink

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

inshallah

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

enabled veteran posted:

for this case you have two sets of damages: actual damage damages, and punitive damages. 4.1mil is the first one. punitive damages are higher, but can also be capped by law and i believe here it's capped to double.

for this case, he will probably be at most paying like 13mil or something like that. total, that is.

but on the upside, he has two more cases for which he's already defaulted that will go through this process too... not to determine culpability, just to determine the payout.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!
Joe biden will be covid positive for the rest of his life

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Korean Boomhauer posted:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

it was all a dream, Harry!

enabled veteran
Feb 10, 2021

I think that American presidents, that position in itself, as well as American foreign policy, it has terrorism in it. CIA agents going to overthrow certain governments - they're using terrorist tactics. They're not going in there like, 'Hey, you wanna have some cake?'

Iridium posted:

for this case you have two sets of damages: actual damage damages, and punitive damages. 4.1mil is the first one. punitive damages are higher, but can also be capped by law and i believe here it's capped to double.

for this case, he will probably be at most paying like 13mil or something like that. total, that is.

but on the upside, he has two more cases for which he's already defaulted that will go through this process too... not to determine culpability, just to determine the payout.

thanks, law

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/mitchellreports/status/1555584631046635521?t=lK0LzSGqxFRRHvWnH2V7CA&s=19

enabled veteran
Feb 10, 2021

the more money you take from him, the more incentive he has to do it all again. at a speed run pace.

maybe he'll recoup all his loses and then some, or he'll implode

guess we'll see how bad his oppositional defiance is

btw...where the gently caress is he? why not in the court room? seppuku?

Apr 7, 2003

Oglethorpe posted:

compensatory damages and punitive damages are seperate. one covers the harm and suffering of the plaintiffs, the other is the pound of flesh

The compensatory damages announced basically amount to a tiny commission for the families on all the gorilla brain supplements sold as a result of his harassment. it's fuckin vile.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Can't think of a higher compliment for a television show. Jeez.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

meanwhile, Harton is in the back filling up all the display jars from the same giant bag

I can totally see that

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

UFOTacoMan posted:

Take my av, take my land,
Take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free,
You can't take VR from me.

Apr 7, 2003

CODChimera posted:

I can totally see that

I can't because the weed factory could only put up with his poo poo for two weeks before firing him

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

enabled veteran posted:

$4.1 million was for fines

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

tenderjerk posted:

My ps4 came with a call of duty game that I played for about 20 minutes tops, people really love this poo poo huh

I still like some of the older CoDs, once they started adding jetpacks and exoskeletons and then retconning WW2 to have 21st century optics on sten guns I checked out

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Scraping threads in real time baybee

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

how bad was the flooding

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Call of Doody

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.
lawyer guy is asking the jury to make sure jones can't rebuild his empire

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

prosecution telling the jury to make the amount so much that he can't rebuild his platform

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

more like can'tucky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Oglethorpe posted:

lawyer guy is asking the jury to make sure jones can't rebuild his empire

Sweet

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

prosecution telling the jury to make the amount so much that he can't rebuild his platform

Nice